AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-07-23, 18:24   Link #3801
king12354

Is this manga worth it to continue reading? I liked the beginning but once it got to the battles, I stopped because it didn't made any sense. It seems like some people like it now so I'm wondering if there is an actual story or is it still completely random.

If it's worth reading, what chapter would be a good place to start? Thanks.

Last edited by king12354; 2011-07-23 at 18:37.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 18:29   Link #3802
Westlo
Lets be reality

Read it from chapter 55, it finishes the arc you stopped on and introduces Kumagawa who is a major reason the manga got better. You should just read on from where you stopped though.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 10:15   Link #3803
Westlo
Lets be reality

Next Volume Cover

Old 2011-07-25, 15:20   Link #3804
Soji

Spoiler for 106:

As for Zen, I think the author is creating suspense, seems to be preparing something big with him and for this reason it is leaving him aside for a while.
And in the meantime is developing other pg.
Or at least I think so, since it is the first time that Zen does not appear for so many ch .. looks like he preparing for something big about him and I admit, I sincerely hope it is so.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 00:01   Link #3805
[HearT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Next Volume Cover

I am absolutely in LOVE with that cover!!! XD It's so~ Pretty!!!!

Anyone else notice that Kumagawa has been on every cover since he's been introduced!! lol
[HearT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 07:17   Link #3806
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HearT] View Post
Anyone else notice that Kumagawa has been on every cover since he's been introduced!! lol
Hmm you're right, he's been on the cover since Vol 8 so the 11th vol would be his 4th time. Medaka has been on every cover and Zen 5 times.
Old 2011-07-26, 20:14   Link #3807
Last Carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Spoiler for 106:

As for Zen, I think the author is creating suspense, seems to be preparing something big with him and for this reason it is leaving him aside for a while.
And in the meantime is developing other pg.
Or at least I think so, since it is the first time that Zen does not appear for so many ch .. looks like he preparing for something big about him and I admit, I sincerely hope it is so.
I don't know.

At the moment it looks like the author is going out of his way to screw Zen over.

Zenkichi's always been a Normal guy who gets what he wants through hard work alone. Whereas the other characters (Medaka, Kouki, Maguro) are naturally predisposed to success. They don't even have to try, they just succeed regardless of circumstance.

Zen refuses to use his Abnormality to help him solve the cryptogram. Even though it would probably guarantee his victory. If he doesn't use it, he probably won't solve the cryptogram. If he does use it then his victory will be hollow because it was the Abnormality, not his effort, that led to his success.

Why would Nisio try and devalue the one character who keeps the story grounded?

I just don't get it.
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 21:20   Link #3808
Grey

No, I agree with Soji. Not showing Zenkichi is definitely to leave a mystery.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 09:35   Link #3809
anfera103

If Zenkichi understand Medaka as much as she claim, because is she who said that the two of them understand each other the best, can he find the treasure with that?
anfera103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 09:43   Link #3810
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
Why would Nisio try and devalue the one character who keeps the story grounded?
Maybe he doesn't like one of the most boring main characters he has ever written? Who wouldn't have more fun writing about Kumagawa than Zen? Zen's not really the type of character Nisio writes well...
Old 2011-07-29, 11:31   Link #3811
[HearT]

For those who don't know, Chapters 100-103 Scans have been posted On The CXC website♥  

So~ Good!!!
Old 2011-07-29, 15:43   Link #3812
Soji

Quote:
For those who don't know, Chapters 100-103 Scans have been posted On The CXC website♥  

So~ Good!!!
Really interesting the translation of these ch.
But there is a page in ch 100 that has captured my interest, and that is the one that I put below

and is that Najimi ask to Medaka , if they could change locations as she do not want that Zen ovehear the conversation between her and medaka.
That's why I wonder about this? Is there something that she dont want that Zen know for now?
or what?
Maybe I'm wrong, but I've noticed that lately she try hard that Zen does not use parasite eyes on her or ovehear her like in this ch. . When I feel she do not care if other discover her plans (like Medaka or Kumagawa).
This started to make me wonder if there is something that she does not want that Zen find out and if this is the case I wonder why since, it should be the least dangerous of the group for her plan.
Edit:Oops I almost forgot about this spoiler page.

Last edited by Soji; 2011-07-29 at 16:10.
Old 2011-07-29, 18:49   Link #3813
Sol Falling

Ahhh, so awesome. Even if the dialogue is still pretty damn confusing sometimes. But yeah, four chapter release was freakin' great. There's no other manga like this in Jump, really. This training camp arc (and whoa, it somehow morphed into a structured arc just like the Flask Plan arc and the Election Battles arc unexpectedly) is really shaping up to be something awesome.

Thanks to [cxc] for the scans, and for the heads-up that they released the chapters here. I might not have known about their 'no other readers' policy otherwise.
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Sonohana twitter follow campaign: mikajyo_info :: rewards (anime adaptation if they reach 50000!!)
Exceptional shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 18:59   Link #3814
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

For the record, I would just take a giant bite of the beautiful wonder that is Medaka's ass.

Thank you~

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 11:55   Link #3815
Last Carpet

Spoiler for ch108:
Old 2011-07-30, 12:15   Link #3816
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
Spoiler for ch108:
Spoiler for 108:
Old 2011-07-30, 17:18   Link #3817
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Nice to see Ajimu on the volume cover so early on in her arc as the main villain. I almost expected them to use the 5 junior high school students instead.

As for the chapters CXC released, I absolutely loved them. I applaud what Nishio has been doing so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Maybe he doesn't like one of the most boring main characters he has ever written? Who wouldn't have more fun writing about Kumagawa than Zen? Zen's not really the type of character Nisio writes well...
Kumagawa is easily the more fun character to write. Hell, almost all of the characters he has created in this manga should be more fun to write.

Quote:
I am absolutely in LOVE with that cover!!! XD It's so~ Pretty!!!!

Just shows that Nishio and AA are thinking what the rest of the fandom is thinking. Kumagawa is awesome and has every right to be on volume covers more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
For the record, I would just take a giant bite of the beautiful wonder that is Medaka's ass.

Thank you~
You aren't the only one. I second that.
Old 2011-07-30, 18:32   Link #3818
Last Carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post

Thank you~
I still hate/ferociously dislike her....but so would I.

Anyway....

Yabumi said that all the school's committee chairmen are in the tower.

Library Committee/Yabumi
School Enforcers/Unzen
Election Management/Kiruko
Health Preservation/Aka

One of the two chefs is the Diet Committee's chairman, that cat kid is probably the Raising Committee chairman. That just leaves the Beautification Committee chairman and whatever is at the goal.

And I think after everything the students have gone through, it's safe to assume Zenkichi isn't going to get there at all.

Where the hell is he anyway?

Medaka said if you can't solve the puzzle in five minutes you can give up and go home. And we haven't seen him in like.....seven or eight chapters.

Things happen when people aren't on panel. Medaka and Mogana going to the amusement park, Shiranui tweeting and putting together the "Loser Team". Misogi's arrival. The attack at the Devilize Training camp.

Do you think Zenkichi just gave up and went home?
Maybe he's still attempting to work out the puzzle?

Or maybe he's doing something different.
Old 2011-07-30, 20:32   Link #3819
Grey

Akune plans deeply. I was surprised. Looks like the mangaka wanted to show off Akune's brains.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 00:18   Link #3820
[HearT]

Akune has slowly (VERY slowly) began to grow on me♥ He's actually become awesome in the latest chapters. I remember hating him with an undying passion when he first showed up, now i kinda like him : )

I remember when Akune first showed up in the manga, this thread was full of nothing but hate for him! lol

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council