AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-09-25, 13:19   Link #4121
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
^Here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [HearT] View Post
Spoiler for Medaka Mini ramble:
I know I already said but ...
I'm curious to what Najimi said O_O

Beacuse it seems pretty damn important.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 13:26   Link #4122
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by [HearT] View Post
Abuse? THey've been childhood friends since they were two! So it's only natural to snap your friend out of it if they're acting childish! Medaka care's deeply for Zen, and it's not completely unnatural for friends to have a quarrel every once in a while. And I never once thought of Zen as the 'main' character, if anything, Medaka and Zen are equally important. But to say that Medaka is 'abusing' Zenkichi and has traumatized his life is complete nonsense.
It's not only about hiting him but what she said to him and the glance she gave him. But as you said, maybe it's because Zen is the person she cares the most or the only person she really cares. That would explain why she's overreacting. It's not something she's used too.

On the other hand, maybe it's too much for Zen and Ajimu is using that to use him against Medaka. In the end, maybe it will strengthen their bond and maybe they will realize that they love each other.

Honestly, it will be probably that but I would like for Ajimu to not being the bad girl with evil attentoin but someone who want th best for everyone and is not agreed with Medaka.

Futhermore, if the next arc is as important as that it means that Zen is really important for Medaka and Medaka is really important for him. They just don't know it, they don't really know how the other feel anymore.

And I agree, Medaka is as important as Zen in this manga. It's Medaka Box not Zen Box
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 13:32   Link #4123
[HearT]
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
^Here.


I know I already said but ...
I'm curious to what Najimi said O_O

Beacuse it seems pretty damn important.
It is >:3 but I don't feel like translating it all the way right now♥ lol in a super super short short summary:
Spoiler for 115:

Although this is pretty obvious lol

maybe someone else will be nice and translate it XD
__________________
「♥」
[HearT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 13:40   Link #4124
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by [HearT] View Post
It is >:3 but I don't feel like translating it all the way right now♥ lol in a super super short short summary:
Spoiler for 115:

Although this is pretty obvious lol

maybe someone else will be nice and translate it XD
thanks for the super super short summary ..
I would say that give the whole idea of ​​the text perfectly then.
Spoiler for spoiler:
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 13:44   Link #4125
K. Shiruto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by [HearT] View Post
Abuse? THey've been childhood friends since they were two! So it's only natural to snap your friend out of it if they're acting childish! Medaka care's deeply for Zen, and it's not completely unnatural for friends to have a quarrel every once in a while. And I never once thought of Zen as the 'main' character, if anything, Medaka and Zen are equally important. But to say that Medaka is 'abusing' Zenkichi and has traumatized his life is complete nonsense.
I should have phrased that better. I meant that he doesn't deserve the verbal abuse he just got here, in this chapter, by Medaka. C'mon, everything was just a game, is not like it was something really important at all. But you know, I never thought things would end up like this, so i must say I'm gladly surprised

Also, thanks for making confirmation of my initial suspicions. Medaka & Zen bond is really breaking apart.
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 13:50   Link #4126
Lummie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
can someone translate what Medaka said after she hit Zenkichi.....or what Ajimu was saying to the 5 of them?

Spoiler:
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 14:00   Link #4127
K. Shiruto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Shit just got real, hasn't it?
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 14:02   Link #4128
[HearT]
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
I should have phrased that better. I meant that he doesn't deserve the verbal abuse he just got here, in this chapter, by Medaka. C'mon, everything was just a game, is not like it was something really important at all. But you know, I never thought things would end up like this, so i must say I'm gladly surprised

Also, thanks for making confirmation of my initial suspicions. Medaka & Zen bond is really breaking apart.

Hmm, fair enough♥ : ) Though right now they both seem to be overreacting and are ignoring the 'it's just a game' bit, lol


It'll be sad if their long friendship breaks because of this...
__________________
「♥」
[HearT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 14:04   Link #4129
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Spoiler:
Wait, so basically she go to solve the problem?
Ok. which side is Najimi again?
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 14:07   Link #4130
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
I'm sure in the end their bond will be stronger than ever but for that they should understand how much this bond is precious to them. So maybe Ajimu will make them undertand that or...not
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 14:15   Link #4131
K. Shiruto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Ajimu better not think of Zen as her test subject for the Flask Plan as I fear.
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 14:19   Link #4132
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
Ajimu better not think of Zen as her test subject for the Flask Plan as I fear.
Wait, why was not already that?
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 14:26   Link #4133
K. Shiruto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by [HearT] View Post
Hmm, fair enough♥ : ) Though right now they both seem to be overreacting and are ignoring the 'it's just a game' bit, lol


It'll be sad if their long friendship breaks because of this...
I doubt that will be enough, but it's a first step. Regardless, Zen has plenty of friends that can give him their support, and particularly, those 5 at the end of the chapter are without any doubt his most trustworthy persons.
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 16:15   Link #4134
Grey
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by [HearT] View Post
Hmm, fair enough♥ : ) Though right now they both seem to be overreacting and are ignoring the 'it's just a game' bit, lol


It'll be sad if their long friendship breaks because of this...
Yeah, it sounds a bit like Medaka's angry/disappointed that Zenkichi was so uptight about winning on his own. Since he never made it past the start, he never noticed how it became a group exercise and an experience to bond over.

I wonder if this will be like the flip side of Zenkichi's stubbornness--what happens when he isn't able to keep up with the abnormals through hard work and determination? The normal manga answer is to keep working hard, but maybe Zenkichi will get a little too stressed about it.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 16:38   Link #4135
Sean Gaffney
Nomad of the Time Streams
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 41
I feel I should note I'm still a big Medaka fan, if only as everyone else in this entire forum seems to hate her. I've never quite gotten that at all...

As for the chapter, well,
Spoiler:
Sean Gaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 17:10   Link #4136
Last Carpet
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
I'm loving the look on the Not-Equals faces. Open mouths, standing there trembling, they can't believe that Zen refused to give up trying to solve the puzzle and spent the entire day in that spot.

I know they don't really know Zenkichi, but the looks on their faces are priceless

If Medaka and Zenkichi fight, chances are she'll learn Parasite Seeing. And who knows what she'll see. We all know about Zenkichi's "supposed" feelings for her, but what else would she see? The constant frustration over being a Normal surrounded by people that are better than him, the feelings of inferiority, how she forces him into doing things he doesn't want to do.

I can't help but wonder if Medaka really knows him as well as she says she does. Because if she looks back at their history through his eyes, she won't be seeing everything they way she thinks it happened.

Anywho.....

I'm glad to see Kei and Mukae again, I really hope they appear in the next arc.

I wonder if Nisio was just using the poll as a way to decide which characters to bring back?
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 17:28   Link #4137
K. Shiruto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Gaffney View Post
I feel I should note I'm still a big Medaka fan, if only as everyone else in this entire forum seems to hate her. I've never quite gotten that at all...

As for the chapter, well,
Spoiler:
I don't hate her, but I like Zen the most. Hmm... perhaps this is coincidence, I also like Kyon better than Haruhi.
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 17:47   Link #4138
Last Carpet
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
I honestly hope Zen will split himself off from Medaka. Not just for him, I'd like to see Medaka's reaction.

"Do you think I'd like it if you left me?"
"I wouldn't like it?"
"I'd cry"

Fights with Kei and Misogi aside, if Zen decides to leave Medaka's side we'll see if the tears were real or not.

But I just had a thought......

This is starting to parallel what little information we have about Middle School.

Zenkichi and Medaka grew apart in Middle School. Misogi attacked Ajimu, Medaka attacked him and forced him to leave the school, which emotionally scarred her when she realized that she didn't actually help him. This led Zenkichi to decide he wanted to stay beside her and protect her from people like him.

But now

Misogi has "reformed", Ajimu is back, and Medaka is essentially pushing Zen away. No one would blame him if he decided to quit the Student Council and make the rest of school what he wants without any interference from Medaka.

I can't tell which way this will go. But if it has anything to do with Zen's weakening bond with, or growing contempt for(however you want to see it) Medaka. It will more than likely be worth reading.
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 19:47   Link #4139
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
lol Ajimu you sly girl. I'm really anxious to see how she plans to use the people she has gathered on top of the the 5 not-equal girls she already has. If forming a bond with those 5 girls was meant to cause the student council problems later on down the line, I can only imagine what having to face people you have already befriended in the past will do if they are used against you. Depending on how she executes this or any more plot twists she pulls I'll be boosting her up in my favorite villains rankings.
__________________
Rejuvenation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 22:05   Link #4140
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
can someone translate what Medaka said after she hit Zenkichi.....or what Ajimu was saying to the 5 of them?
It's her strategy

Spoiler for 115:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejuvenation View Post
lol Ajimu you sly girl. I'm really anxious to see how she plans to use the people she has gathered on top of the the 5 not-equal girls she already has.
From what Munakata said

Spoiler for 115:

Zen power up arc inc.

EDIT: Nobody mentioned how perfect Zen's Orz pose is? Or did I totally miss that.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.