AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-10-27, 16:54   Link #5081
[HearT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Spoiler:

Munakata never was a minus. He has always been an abnormal.

Thanks for the pics Lummie :3
Spoiler for .:
[HearT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 16:57   Link #5082
Lummie

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for 120:
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 16:58   Link #5083
urca

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for @_@:
urca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 17:07   Link #5084
Tenchi Hou Take

Spoiler:
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 17:11   Link #5085
[HearT]

Quote:
Spoiler:
hmm? never hinted? He was specifically called an abnormal during the Flask plan arc XD More like: when the heck was he mentioned as a minus? I also have the manga, he Refers to Himself as an abnormal for pity's sake XD lol
Old 2011-10-27, 17:13   Link #5086
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Yes, he's an abnormal.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 17:48   Link #5087
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Yes, he's an abnormal.
From what I remember was told that Munakata was a borderline minus.
But it was always an Abnormal, only it was much closer to the minus side that other abnormal (because of his abnormality).
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 17:51   Link #5088
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HearT] View Post
hmm? never hinted? He was specifically called an abnormal during the Flask plan arc XD More like: when the heck was he mentioned as a minus? I also have the manga, he Refers to Himself as an abnormal for pity's sake XD lol
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/medaka...7/c059/15.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/medaka...7/c059/16.html

Did you not read the manga, it isn't positive whatsoever, abnormals are lucky minus' aren't it's not rocket science to realise Munkata wasn't an abnormal (at least by almost every other scale). I mean his ability is litterally the most minus ability you can have. In the example given above his ability clearly falls in the "minus" category. Typically plus' are abilities that would be a gain to you minuses are supposed to be abilities that were a detriment hence "plus" and "minus" (although Nisio kinda messed up with that scale). He was called an abnormal because he had an extremely rare ability but for all intents and purposes that ability was a minus. Heck even Kumagwa thought he was a minus.

Last edited by Tenchi Hou Take; 2011-10-27 at 18:07.
Old 2011-10-27, 18:38   Link #5089
[HearT]

Quote:
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/medaka...7/c059/15.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/medaka...7/c059/16.html

Did you not read the manga, it isn't positive whatsoever, abnormals are lucky minus' aren't it's not rocket science to realise Munkata wasn't an abnormal (at least by almost every other scale). I mean his ability is litterally the most minus ability you can have. In the example given above his ability clearly falls in the "minus" category. Typically plus' are abilities that would be a gain to you minuses are supposed to be abilities that were a detriment hence "plus" and "minus" (although Nisio kinda messed up with that scale). He was called an abnormal because he had an extremely rare ability but for all intents and purposes that ability was a minus. Heck even Kumagwa thought he was a minus.
He's still an abnormal. Not a minus. No matter how much you dislike it. >:3

though I did admittedly forget about those parts XD I don't memorize every little thing that happens in this manga lol
Old 2011-10-27, 18:48   Link #5090
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
He's still an abnormal. Not a minus. No matter how much you dislike it. >:3

though I did admittedly forget about those parts XD I don't memorize every little thing that happens in this manga lol
No it was just one of the few memorable parts of this manga since it was basically the main explaination of minuses. It really doesn't have that many aside for some characters doing awesome shit but they don't get to do it anywhere near often enough.

Anyway It's strange, for first time I looked at some of recent Medaka vs Zen polls as I was browsing through some threads and for the majority I've visited it's extremely, extremely one sided like riduclously so. Precisely how popular is Medaka with the western readers?
Old 2011-10-27, 19:02   Link #5091
[HearT]

Quote:
No it was just one of the few memorable parts of this manga since it was basically the main explaination of minuses. It really doesn't have that many aside for some characters doing awesome shit but they don't get to do it anywhere near often enough.
well, wasn't memorable to me at least XD but it still doesn't say that Munakata is a minus, Maguro was just giving Kei as an example to try to explain what a minus is :3
so I'm sorry, they did 'hint' at Kei being a minus. I was wrong about that

And I'm really not trying to get into an argument with you; your word choices and sarcasm are implying that you are XD but I'll pass lol,

:3
Old 2011-10-27, 19:09   Link #5092
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
well, wasn't memorable to me at least XD but it still doesn't say that Munakata is a minus, Maguro was just giving Kei as an example to try to explain what a minus is :3
so I'm sorry, they did 'hint' at Kei being a minus. I was wrong about that

And I'm really not trying to get into an argument with you; your word choices and sarcasm are implying that you are XD but I'll pass lol,

:3
What... the arguement ended, what more was there to talk about.

Anyway...
Old 2011-10-27, 19:10   Link #5093
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:

Anyway It's strange, for first time I looked at some of recent Medaka vs Zen polls as I was browsing through some threads and for the majority I've visited it's extremely, extremely one sided like riduclously so. Precisely how popular is Medaka with the western readers?
Hey goofball Munakata isn't a Minus. If Medaka completed his abnormality it'd become a Minus.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 19:14   Link #5094
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Hey goofball Munakata isn't a Minus. If Medaka completed his abnormality it'd become a Minus.
1 + 1 = 3 Now? Oh ok......
Old 2011-10-27, 19:18   Link #5095
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
1 + 1 = 3 Now? Oh ok......
As long as you understand :3

Anyway, concerning the spoilers

Spoiler for spoilers:
Old 2011-10-27, 19:20   Link #5096
Soji

Quote:
Exactly he was abnormal with a abnormalities almost minus if Medaka would have learned his abnormality in that case would be a minus skill thanks the improvement from the end.

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 19:23   Link #5097
Tenchi Hou Take

Seriously though, I mean fine I can accept it not being considered a minus even though it's exactly the same as one but really? The "abnormality" is not a minus but it's perfected form is? How does that make any sense? How is having the urge to kill everyone that comes near you considered a positive ability and yet becoming a serial killer a negative ability? I mean really. There both negative abilities what messed up planets do you guys come from.

This pointless discussion ended a while ago but you said was a blatant logical fallacy. Hence the 1 + 1 comment. Though a pretty funny logical fallacy.
Old 2011-10-27, 19:26   Link #5098
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Seriously though I mean fine I can accept it not being considered a minus even though it's exactly the same as one but really? The "abnormality" is not a minus but it's perfected form is? how does that make sense. How is having the urge to kill everyone that comes near you considered a positive ability and yet becoming a serial killer a negative ability? I mean really.

This pointless discussion ended a while ago but you said was a blatant logical fallacy. Hence the 1 + 1 comment. Though a pretty funny logical fallacy.
Remember that abnormalities are shaped by their personalities. Munakata's abnormality is that he has the urge to kill, without the heart to actually do it.
That's why he hasn't been able to ever kill anyone. All abnormalities have flaws in them by design. If Medaka fixed the specific flaw of Munakata's abnormality, it would become a Minus on concept alone, as she would be someone with the urge to kill with the heart to match.
Old 2011-10-27, 19:28   Link #5099
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Remember that abnormalities are shaped by their personalities. Munakata's abnormality is that he has the urge to kill, without the heart to actually do it.
That's why he hasn't been able to ever kill anyone. All abnormalities have flaws in them by design. If Medaka fixed the specific flaw of Munakata's abnormality, it would become a Minus by concept, she would be someone with the urge to kill with the heart to match.
Abnormalities are also considered a "plus" since they are extremely, extremely lucky and have abilities people envy etc. ALL other abnormalities work that way even if that luck may in the end turn to be a curse.

Munkata has a terrible ability that noone would want and is unlucky etc. For all intents and purposes his abilities is a minus by it's definition. It may not be acquired by the same way as the others but it functions exactly the same way.
Old 2011-10-27, 19:31   Link #5100
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Abnormalities are also considered "plus" since they are extremely, extremely lucky and have abilities people envy.

Munkata has a terrible ability is unlucky etc. For all intents and purposes his abilities is a minus by it's definition.
It's not a terrible ability, it's just a negative one when used for the wrong reasons, but all things considered it's just a weapon. It's closer to a minus than it is a plus, but it's still not a minus. Consider Munakata himself, he's a pretty nice guy. Minus' personalities are rather twisted, but Munakata was never like that. He was always afraid of his own ability but never killed anyone, he just looks for a friend. He was always stable.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council