AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-11-26, 21:06   Link #6001
silver001

Quote:
Originally Posted by telamont View Post
On another note... Medaka this, Medaka that. Whether you hate her or love her, it seems that all this forum can talk about is her these days. To provoke such a strong reaction, she's certainly a compelling character, huh? Nisiosin must be doing something right.
Nothing is more awesome that watching your fav. mary sue become a villain. Well i m glad she might be this arc's villain, I just hope that she can be saved after this arc, so that they (zen and medaka) can take slutty ajimu down, because I hate her superiority complex.
silver001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 22:47   Link #6002
Sol Falling

New chapter is out. Pretty awesome as usual. I didn't manage to really locate Medaka threads on /a/ until pretty recently but it's pretty satisfying to see that so many other people are "hnngh"-ing over Ajimu. That black-haired middle school uniform outfit is pre~tty amazing, lol. I've said it before, but the casual manner of this manga's "monster girls" makes them just too charming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Lol this has nothing to do with the manga's theme's it's entirely about your inability to see your own bias and close mindedness, considering just how eager you are to call others close minded. Your hyprocrisy levels are astounding. I was actually shocked that someone could be so blind to their own blatant bias.
Some weird sort of projection going on from you here. I look at facts, objective as possible, from the manga over spewing out gut reactions, emotional responses, or self-indulgent speculations based on woefully incomplete spoilers. You can always beat down my opinions with facts if you've got them. Unfortunately, most of the time, the speculations in this thread are based on nothing factual at all. There is no bias involved if I sometime take it upon myself to rebut them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takigashima View Post
I guess Medaka isn't so HUMAN after all.
So do we root for zen now? Or are we to believe that medaka is still a NORMAL person who doesn't need a freakin nuthouse jacket?
lol, see, these sort of responses are really just so weird. All that emotionality, like you're swept away by some personal moment of "see, Medaka really can't be human", and you can't even begin to try to find the words to express that logically instead of emotionally. What exactly about this chapter made you think Medaka needs to be wrapped up in a nuthouse jacket? Do tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver001 View Post
Nothing is more awesome that watching your fav. mary sue become a villain. Well i m glad she might be this arc's villain, I just hope that she can be saved after this arc, so that they (zen and medaka) can take slutty ajimu down, because I hate her superiority complex.
:P So much hate, both for Medaka and Ajimu (well, maybe you only hate Ajimu). What if what this arc's really about is saving Ajimu though, not Medaka? lol. Ajimu's a devious villain, but for me she's never dredged up the same sort of terror that at the start Kumagawa did. She's approachable on an intellectual level, so I am generally in fact quite fond of her. Ajimu might have started out this arc looking to bend Medaka by pretending to be her friend, but I'm greatly looking forward actually to the day that these two awesome ladies can genuinely walk forward together (well, beyond that, also: the physical catfight between Medaka and Ajimu should be amazing, heheh).

Anyway, ch. 124: Tsurubami didn't "unchain" anything. He was sent to gather intel for Ajimu, and this is what he has to report back: "Medaka Kurokami is a person who's stronger when she's alone", :P. The person who unlocked Medaka's strength by freeing her from the burden of those leeches depending on her? That would be Ajimu, lol. Hell yeah Medaka wanted her "friends" to be independent of her--she has thousands of things she can actually accomplish now that she doesn't have to coddle some followers with delusions of "protecting" her or needing to be "directed" by her. When Medaka said "I really must thank Ajimu Najimi" she was being totally serious, lol.

That doesn't mean Medaka doesn't need allies, of course. She just needs allies who're able to stand on their own, and act on their own judgement without depending on her. I think anybody who thinks Medaka is in danger of "losing herself" is pretty far off the mark, here. Medaka has always lived to make others happy. Now Medaka finally has the freedom to make others happy without having to worry about stunting the development of her own allies.
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Sonohana twitter follow campaign: mikajyo_info :: rewards (anime adaptation if they reach 50000!!)
Exceptional shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 22:48   Link #6003
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuzen003 View Post
Just a random guess about what Zen may have wished for.

Spoiler for Fate stay night related thought:

It kind of makes traditional traning arcs useless so it could be considered disrespectful to main characters of the past.
Well personally I think it needs to be something more than that. There's reason such an ability isn't used for a MC and that's because it pretty much ruins the story at least combat wise and most importantly Zen's MC idea would need to be "better" than the previous MC concept in at least some way. For example in the tower example the tall building created would likely be architecturally superior to the relic and probably wouldn't be possible during that period of time. Essentially it would need to be a massive fuck you to all main characters while parading your supposed superiority.

For example a villain protagonist that actually wins or even just a villain that wins overall would sorta count as by a rule in shounens, evil never wins without some sort of conversion. Good may not always completely suceed but evil never really wins. That is the overiding concept in all shounens and by having the villain win while toturing and laughing at the supposed good guys would count as a type of fuck you. Of course this is probably not Zenkichi was thinking of it's a similar concept of doing what a Shouen protagonist couldn't do and mocking the fact they couldn't do it.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 22:58   Link #6004
silver001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
:P So much hate, both for Medaka and Ajimu. What if what this arc's really about is saving Ajimu, not Medaka? lol. Ajimu's a devious villain, but somehow she's never dredged up the same sort of terror that for a while Kumagawa did.
Let me just stop you right there, if the opposite happens that's fine to, but that still doesn't change the fact that both character posses certain qualities I hate. Either ways, my fav character Zen is getting some much needed development time, which is all that matters to me. Also, just because I called ajimu slutty and hate her superiority complex doesn't necessary mean I hate her overall (I just hate those aspects of them), I still like her more than medaka. Basically, im expecting both ajimu and medaka to change by the end of the story, which will probably happen.
silver001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 23:06   Link #6005
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
New chapter is out. Pretty awesome as usual. I didn't manage to really locate Medaka threads on /a/ until pretty recently but it's pretty satisfying to see that so many other people are "hnngh"-ing over Ajimu, lol. That black-haired middle school outfit is pre~tty amazing. I've said it before, but the casual manner of this manga's "monster girls" makes them just too charming, lol.

Some weird sort of projection going on from you here. I look at facts, objective as possible, from the manga over spewing out gut reactions or emotional responses. Or self-indulgent speculations or woefully incomplete spoilers. You can always beat down my opinions with facts if you've got them. Unfortunately, most of the time, the speculations in this thread are based on nothing factual at all. There is nothing biased about rebutting them.
No your rebuttals are so choked full of bias it hurts. The very concept your thinking of is incorrect and cannot be correct. Literature is in itself simply an interpretation of a writers words, these interpretatons will always be filled with at least some amount of bias it is inevitable, the second you counter someone elses view point with another view point whatever you say will be biased in at least some way because what can you logically consider to be the correct interpretation. Only the authors interpretation is correct and you are not the author and will never know precisely what he meant unless he explictly tells you. Meaning you cannot say someones view point is factually incorrect without whatever viewpoint you have not being slightly biased. You can correct any factual mistakes they made but you cannot say their interpretation is wrong without putting in your bias. As an unbiased person would not say another persons view is wrong but this one is correct without being told preciesly so by the other. They'd either accept all until the author stated otherwise or disregard all until the author stated otherwise. They would not say that is incorrect but this is correct because what are you basing it on outside the belief that what your saying is correct which is a product of your bias.

So yes get off your own self conceit it may do you a whole world of good.
Old 2011-11-27, 00:11   Link #6006
osorito

Hell Yeah!!! chapter 124 is out on MF! Zen and Emukae against her in the dream world. Will chapter 125 show us the actual training and would Zen actually let Emukae train. After all its his fight against Medaka.
osorito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 01:18   Link #6007
MD84

So is it just a translation issue, or does Tsurubame outright call Medaka a monster?

His interpretation of Medaka's "friendships" is pretty creepy. Rather than being a source of strength and support, as is the case with most Shounen MC heroes, they were apparently chains keeping her from unleashing her inner beast. That's not necessarily my interpretation, it's just something Tsurubame said, and he probably isn't the most reliable source.
MD84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 01:36   Link #6008
ACE2001
Anime Watchman

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001 Send a message via Skype™ to ACE2001
Just finished reading chapter 124. This chapter is the chapter that has made the most sense in a long time! Lol! So what I gather from this, at least is that all along, Zen has been holding Medaka's true power back without his awareness. I mean, when you look at it, she's considered perfect in every since of the word, so why would a "perfect" being need an ally or allies to begin with? Sh!t, she can pretty much do anything on her own. It's as if everyone that was surrounding her was there for her own amusement. I'm pretty sure she' been aware of this for a long while.

Ugh....my worst fear is being realized. Medaka is getting stronger by the minute while I'm not sure what in the hell Zen has up his damn sleeve. To make matters worse, now he has to fight Aimiju in order to even have a chance to complete the Flask Plan...I mean, WTF!? LOL! This is down right unfair for him right now. But at the same time, I'm definitely looking forward to see how he will fight Medaka now that the beast has been uncaged....Ugh!

P.S. After reading this chapter, it made me realize that all of the opponents that she fought in the past, she wasn't even using half of her real power because of the allies around her...what craziness!
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 02:27   Link #6009
MD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE2001 View Post
Just finished reading chapter 124. This chapter is the chapter that has made the most sense in a long time! Lol! So what I gather from this, at least is that all along, Zen has been holding Medaka's true power back without his awareness. I mean, when you look at it, she's considered perfect in every since of the word, so why would a "perfect" being need an ally or allies to begin with? Sh!t, she can pretty much do anything on her own. It's as if everyone that was surrounding her was there for her own amusement. I'm pretty sure she' been aware of this for a long while.

Ugh....my worst fear is being realized. Medaka is getting stronger by the minute while I'm not sure what in the hell Zen has up his damn sleeve. To make matters worse, now he has to fight Aimiju in order to even have a chance to complete the Flask Plan...I mean, WTF!? LOL! This is down right unfair for him right now. But at the same time, I'm definitely looking forward to see how he will fight Medaka now that the beast has been uncaged....Ugh!

P.S. After reading this chapter, it made me realize that all of the opponents that she fought in the past, she wasn't even using half of her real power because of the allies around her...what craziness!
That just means he's the underdog. And whether they win or not, the underdogs usually are the ones to root for in fiction. But now I really want to know just what the heck he wanted as a skill.
MD84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 02:55   Link #6010
kingstonbeer

Man that skill most have been so far out to actually make her admit surprise.
kingstonbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 03:55   Link #6011
ziggi92

everybody need someone, I think purpose of Maguro asking Zenkichi to protect her was so he could stay with her as friend so that thing like this would not happened if look at this chapter 124 we could see that this same thing what happened when medaka was in middle school where she went and finished Kumagawa but what think is most creepy thing with Medaka in this chapter was when she went into demon mode without being angry she also went into this form when she was fighting against Kumagawa in middle school but what interest me is that if she used her abnormality "that a human cannot withstand" against Tsurubame as she said in this chapter 54 that there was some monster inside her:
http://www.mangareader.net/215-56620...hapter-54.html
after exactly 70 chapters after finding out this beast we will finally see it come out.
ziggi92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 04:58   Link #6012
ACE2001
Anime Watchman

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001 Send a message via Skype™ to ACE2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD84 View Post
That just means he's the underdog. And whether they win or not, the underdogs usually are the ones to root for in fiction. But now I really want to know just what the heck he wanted as a skill.
Yeah, he's A BIG UNDERDOG here! Lol! It really seems like the outcome of the battle will be based on what skill Zen chose. Whatever skill he has, it has to be a skill that goes beyond the realm of Medaka. What worries me again though is that Medaka has the ability to adapt into ANY given situation...argh! Its really hard to say as no one knows what he's asked for! I just don't want the skill he requested to be a typical thing...but hey, knowing him, he probably asked for something simplistic.
Old 2011-11-27, 05:02   Link #6013
ACE2001
Anime Watchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggi92 View Post
everybody need someone, I think purpose of Maguro asking Zenkichi to protect her was so he could stay with her as friend so that thing like this would not happened if look at this chapter 124 we could see that this same thing what happened when medaka was in middle school where she went and finished Kumagawa but what think is most creepy thing with Medaka in this chapter was when she went into demon mode without being angry she also went into this form when she was fighting against Kumagawa in middle school but what interest me is that if she used her abnormality "that a human cannot withstand" against Tsurubame as she said in this chapter 54 that there was some monster inside her:
http://www.mangareader.net/215-56620...hapter-54.html
after exactly 70 chapters after finding out this beast we will finally see it come out.
Very interesting. Makes me wonder too, if Medaka brings this so called beast out of her, will she therefore lose her humanity in the process? It's already bad enough that she really doesn't have social skills or is able to relate to people because of her "flawless personality." And now...she brings out this horrible abnormality, which will definitely push people further away from here as this is her rawest, ugliest side of her. Hmm...
Old 2011-11-27, 05:25   Link #6014
Last Carpet

Medaka is falling fast and she isn't even aware of it.

Zen was the first link in the chain, and now that that link has broken off every other link(her siblings, the council, the interns) has broken and scattered. She's all alone again.

I wonder what'll happen when everything she's done up until chapter 115 catches up with her.
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 05:51   Link #6015
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
common plot element to recruit the protagonist into an antogonist. Well mostly they just get brainwashed but take SW e.g.
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 05:57   Link #6016
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Have to say I really enjoyed seeing Kamome get his beat down from Medaka. The majority of characters Nishio tends to create in this manga I end up liking but I honestly don't care for this one. I'd be more than happy if he just sits in the background of this arc and I don't have to see or hear from him anymore although that is unlikely.

Maguro ended up being wrong about his sister losing. But he should know by now the kinds of ridiculous healing and endurance feats she has shown throughout her life. Then again, he always viewed her in too much of an idealized way and preferred to minimize the amount of adversity she faces. Really, the bigger the challenge the higher Medaka tends to rise. He will probably start to fully grasp that during this arc.

I'm curious about Ajimu's door to door. She calls it a dream world she sends them to but she also says she is sending them back through time by 3 years. Unless she is saying the world she constructed there is based on how everything was 3 years ago. Either way, she has shown another ability of interest that was used in the past and I look forward to seeing her other ones she named in action.

As for the Flask Plan, I'm wondering what modifications she decided to make for it. She told Zenkichi and Emukae to win against her but unless she is going to hold back it would take them forever to do so lol. Should be interesting to see what she has in store next chapter. Oh, and I definitely love her appearance in her unsealed state more.
Old 2011-11-27, 06:40   Link #6017
Takigashima

Depends on point of view and opinion.
Medaka did win the fight, but in the process she is losing so much more. Her humanity and possibly her sanity are reaching their limits and she could likely end up. Evoking nothing more than a beast.

About Zen's ability, it was stated that it was something that would destroy traditional stereotype heroes. It could just be that his ability is something more dangerous than even medaka wouldn't be able to handle.
Takigashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 06:48   Link #6018
Last Carpet

Quote:

About Zen's ability, it was stated that it was something that would destroy traditional stereotype heroes. It could just be that his ability is something more dangerous than even medaka wouldn't be able to handle.
Since Zen knows the full extent of Medaka's Abnormality, I'm curious to see how it will go. Did he take "The End" into account when he decided what skill he wanted
Hanten to make for him?

Is the power that he asked for something that Medaka will just absorb and do better than Zen like everything else? Is it something that Zen figured Medaka couldn't master, couldn't handle, or couldn't absorb? Or did he count on her taking it and mastering it as a way to stop her cold.

So many possibilities

And above all, most importantly....what'll his special power be called?
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 06:59   Link #6019
Takigashima

Zen god mode

Zen enters a god mode state makes all girls his bitches, all guys bow and cower in fear and wins a fight with only his eyes shut and a sigh.
Takigashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 07:06   Link #6020
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
Since Zen knows the full extent of Medaka's Abnormality, I'm curious to see how it will go. Did he take "The End" into account when he decided what skill he wanted
Hanten to make for him?

Is the power that he asked for something that Medaka will just absorb and do better than Zen like everything else? Is it something the Zen figured that Medaka couldn't take, or couldn't handle? Or did he count on her taking it and mastering it as a way to stop her cold.

And above all, most importantly....what'll it be called?
I don't think Zen really cared too much about the end when he asked for it. I think it's just his idea of what type of MC he wants to be like that he wants realised. Remember this is more about Zen reforging himself than simply beating Medaka, since that is ultimately just a secondary objective for him though he does and always has wanted to be on her "level".

It might very well end up being a good counter against her though.

Quote:
Zen god mode

Zen enters a god mode state makes all girls his bitches, all guys bow and cower in fear and wins a fight with only his eyes shut and a sigh.
Before this chapter I was actually thinking of "God Killer Mode" where he essentially says a massive "F you" to the author says this is his manga and proceeds to manipulate the plot to his liking.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council