AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-01-24, 12:54   Link #6721
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
i dont know why people roots for kumagawa , ddnt that trash lost against medaka pitifuly .
Because he's a troll. And many here are trolls.
Old 2012-01-24, 12:59   Link #6722
kenjtr

i lied how kumagawa made medaka desparate but when he lost that ability he loosed his walue in my eye , now kumagawa s just a side character between medaka and zenkichis fight . i also dont care medaka feelings and hope zenkichi beats her up really good , best thing would be taking her abnormality and making her a normal human
Old 2012-01-24, 21:32   Link #6723
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年

I also agree that the anime doesn't need to really skip everything up until Kumagawa despite having rooted for that option previously, just shorten/rework the Sket Dance-ish portion to be more interesting or up to scratch with the current level of the manga.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Personally, I've been satisfied/enjoying this manga from the introduction of Unzen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Then, over a brief period, I might actually get some fellow Unzen fans.
*raises hand* Unzen fan from day 1 here. He was the first MB character I truly liked until Kumagawa came in. Needless to say I'm enjoying the hell out of the recent chapters for having my two fav characters in the manga facing off against each other.
Old 2012-01-24, 21:42   Link #6724
noobita

Quote:
i dont know why people roots for kumagawa , ddnt that trash lost against medaka pitifuly .
So did everyone, including the main char..Oppps, I mean the worst side-kick, Zenkichi. So, what is your point again?
Old 2012-01-24, 22:00   Link #6725
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
i lied how kumagawa made medaka desparate but when he lost that ability he loosed his walue in my eye , now kumagawa s just a side character between medaka and zenkichis fight . i also dont care medaka feelings and hope zenkichi beats her up really good , best thing would be taking her abnormality and making her a normal human
I am not sure if that could work even Medaka loses her abnormality, she still had "main character" power so she will find some BS way to get it back. Besides Zenikichi doesn't want to beat up Medaka as much as he want to be special to her. Medaka is a shonen heroine, she will be expecting a fight from Zenikichi and she has Altered God Mode already. Due to the "main character" power and her abnormality, she cannot lose in a fight.

The Election battle will be a battle influence, not power.
Old 2012-01-24, 22:24   Link #6726
DawnEmperor

Any news on the next chapter?
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 22:56   Link #6727
Sol Falling

Spoilers are out for it in Japanese, but I haven't looked. I can probably find the link though.

edit: lol oh wait, it's only text spoilers. No good for anybody here unless you can read Japanese. Here's the link anyway:
http://jumppingping.blog110.fc2.com/blog-entry-627.html

Brief highlights by some poster on /a/:
  • new anime info
  • color page
  • game ends
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Sonohana twitter follow campaign: mikajyo_info :: rewards (anime adaptation if they reach 50000!!)
Exceptional shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 23:15   Link #6728
2xj

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
So did everyone, including the main char..Oppps, I mean the worst side-kick, Zenkichi. So, what is your point again?
what has Zenkichi done to make him a bad side-kick
2xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 01:07   Link #6729
DawnEmperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xj View Post
what has Zenkichi done to make him a bad side-kick
Don't bother asking him, he hates Zenkichi anyway.

Objectively, I'd assume it's because of his devotion towards Medaka and people finding him too clean or not independent enough.
Old 2012-01-25, 01:22   Link #6730
noobita

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
Don't bother asking him, he hates Zenkichi anyway.

Objectively, I'd assume it's because of his devotion towards Medaka and people finding him too clean or not independent enough.
hate? That is understatement. I despise his entire existence.
Old 2012-01-25, 02:16   Link #6731
DawnEmperor

Quote:
I'd be inclined to say I feel the same about Kumagawa...but that would just make people pity him more
Old 2012-01-25, 05:01   Link #6732
Terizent
Nonsense!

Quote:
Why? That sounds...a bit extreme. I think he's quite a nice guy, actually. And of course Zen (as well as everyone) is basically useless against Medaka, I thought that was the crux of her characterization.
Old 2012-01-25, 05:29   Link #6733
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
I'd be inclined to say I feel the same about Kumagawa...but that would just make people pity him more
If any fan base pities their character it would be zens if anything lol. Begging for him do actually do something for hundreds of chapters, making up fanfics to up his importance and getting mad at other characters for being the main character and/or stealing the show.

Soon you'll embrass yourselves in the anime thread pleading to anime only viewers that he's actually a good character, as long as you read 120 chapters of the manga. Actaully between you guys knighting for Zen and the rest of us prophets of kumagawa telling them how good the manga gets later I can see the anime thread being one giant clusterfuck for anime only viewers... Like a bite sized version if umineiko
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 06:12   Link #6734
kenjtr

i dont know why everyone caling medaka main char cause there is not any main char who can do everything by him/herself , i think medaka is like last boss material no matter how you look at it .
Old 2012-01-25, 06:28   Link #6735
DawnEmperor

@Westlo
Someone tried forcing you to like Zenkichi? What a terrible misfortune.

These fanbases aren't really different it seems. We all just twist the characters we like to suit our interests regardless of what we see.

Last edited by DawnEmperor; 2012-01-25 at 08:23.
Old 2012-01-25, 07:43   Link #6736
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
If any fan base pities their character it would be zens if anything lol. Begging for him do actually do something for hundreds of chapters, making up fanfics to up his importance and getting mad at other characters for being the main character and/or stealing the show.

Soon you'll embrass yourselves in the anime thread pleading to anime only viewers that he's actually a good character, as long as you read 120 chapters of the manga. Actaully between you guys knighting for Zen and the rest of us prophets of kumagawa telling them how good the manga gets later I can see the anime thread being one giant clusterfuck for anime only viewers... Like a bite sized version if umineiko
Hahaha. I will probably be spending ungodly amounts of effort white-knighting Medaka, myself. If I get in early enough and pre-empt some of the complaints against her I might even have a case. While I'm pretty much well aware that Medaka will always be an unknown quantity to most people and nowhere near one of the most popular characters, it will be a clusterfuck indeed if the anime viewerbase begins to feel like they can't even like any of the main characters.

Anyway, I've probably hinted/mentioned this before in bits, but I wanted to put this out there before the influx of newfags comes with the anime: truth is, I actually ship Medaka x Kumagawa so damn hard, it hurts. The current arc that's been going on has actually been deliciously tense and uncertain for me 'cause I keep getting visions of--if Zenkichi/Ajimu isolates/turns everyone against Medaka and screws up his relationship with her through this popularity thing--Kumagawa swooping in and iunno working together with Medaka or something only to suddenly form a romantic relationship and NTR Zenkichi so damn hard, lol. In general there are practically zero hints of Medaka or Kumagawa being capable of actual romantic relationships, but that impossibility is part of the appeal; and frankly the way that Medaka and Kumagawa still play such opposite roles in the story just make it such a perfect ending.

We never really did have any involved discussion about Good Loser Kumagawa, so just let me throw in a couple observations I got from there on this front. We learned from Kumagawa's one shot chapter that he's actually all along been looking for skill holders with the capacity to defeat Ajimu; which also means that all the schools he destroyed were mostly side-effects/casualties from conflicts he got dragged into with the abnormals there. The main point about this is that the way Hakoniwa/Kumagawa's conflict with Medaka turned out was clearly an exception to Kumagawa's usual activities. In the case with Medaka specifically, it seems like Kumagawa cared more about defeating her than about defeating Ajimu. There are also rather obvious implications of, if Kumagawa thought that none of the other abnormals were strong enough to have a chance against Ajimu, what does Kumagawa think of Medaka herself?...and things like that.

Point being: Medaka and Kumagawa are actually on each other's level, lol. Zenkichi can go have Emukae (or something). Nishio's been screwing with us so damn much since the end of the Minus Arc but I still have hopes/expectations this'll happen.
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Sonohana twitter follow campaign: mikajyo_info :: rewards (anime adaptation if they reach 50000!!)
Exceptional shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 10:16   Link #6737
suikostar

Lol!!!! I think you are quite funny with your asumptions. First of all even if they are on "same" lv that doesnt mean they would be a perfect match. Like some1 else said Kumagawa is a pro troll and thats why so many trolls here actually like him, while Zenkichi is your normal nice dude. And yea Kumagawas defeat was actually the most pathetic one in the whole manga, i mean come on reread it again u cant deny this >.>......Anyway the manga is quite complicated and the author can do whatever he wants without suprising us, but seems cuz of the popularity pols and Kumagawas high popularity he is gonna make him a side kick here..........And yea for m Zenkichi is the main char in this manga, Medaka is just without flaws, unbeatable and that makes her quite bad main char, but more a perfect last boss.
suikostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 10:26   Link #6738
noobita

Quote:
Originally Posted by suikostar View Post
Lol!!!! I think you are quite funny with your asumptions. First of all even if they are on "same" lv that doesnt mean they would be a perfect match. Like some1 else said Kumagawa is a pro troll and thats why so many trolls here actually like him, while Zenkichi is your normal nice dude. And yea Kumagawas defeat was actually the most pathetic one in the whole manga, i mean come on reread it again u cant deny this >.>......Anyway the manga is quite complicated and the author can do whatever he wants without suprising us, but seems cuz of the popularity pols and Kumagawas high popularity he is gonna make him a side kick here..........And yea for m Zenkichi is the main char in this manga, Medaka is just without flaws, unbeatable and that makes her quite bad main char, but more a perfect last boss.
Chapter 118, Page 4.

Hello, Zenkichi, you look kinda cool there....not.
Old 2012-01-25, 11:37   Link #6739
2xj

Quote:
why do you despise him so much is it because until recently he has been nothing but medeka's bitch
2xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 12:04   Link #6740
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Say what you want about Zen but I like his character, Zen may had started off as Kyon's expy at first but he started to grow on me with his own personality.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council