AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-02-16, 22:52   Link #7021
Terizent
Nonsense!

Interesting, it seems that Sharkteeth doesn't seem to remember Kumagawa. Wonder how things ended at the other high school.

I'm going to assume that we'll be able to see Zen's skill in action during the battle of the bands, no way they're going to win without some kind of plot hax.
Old 2012-02-16, 23:49   Link #7022
Used Can

I found it interesting how it seems Zenkichi seems more comfortable around Anshin'in now, considering he told Kikaijima he'd have her teach him how to play some instrument.

Anyhow, I wonder if his "devil fine" was just there to sound cool, or if it was a reference to his new ability.
Old 2012-02-17, 00:20   Link #7023
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I found it interesting how it seems Zenkichi seems more comfortable around Anshin'in now, considering he told Kikaijima he'd have her teach him how to play some instrument.

Anyhow, I wonder if his "devil fine" was just there to sound cool, or if it was a reference to his new ability.
It was specifically devil, so my guess is it might have something to do with devil style. Though this makes whatever his ability is much more mysterious. Afterall devil fine isn't some thing people say
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 02:37   Link #7024
summers

Not enough Kumagawa. I am disappoint.
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 02:43   Link #7025
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers View Post
Not enough Kumagawa. I am disappoint.
Read Kumagawa Box if you want Kumagawa. It's Medaka Box here.

Great chapt ! Zen is really growing and in a good way !
Old 2012-02-17, 02:55   Link #7026
MD84

It's nice to see Zenkichi giving someone else the "MC" spotlight.

And we finally see a little bit of what Zenkichi meant when he said people can be too perfect. I'm having trouble imagining music that is technically flawless but fails to evoke any emotions from the audience -- which is sort of the whole point of music. Though that's probably because I've never heard truly "flawless" music before.

So what exactly is the Alliance's game plan to quell Medaka and Zenkichi's "feud"? As Kikaijima just pointed out, everything they have done so far is useless as long as Medaka and Zenkichi still want to fight each other.
MD84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 06:19   Link #7027
Sol Falling

Basically, Medaka's drumming could be compared to a metronome (the word they used in the raw chapter). Technically flawless, but completely mechanical.

As far as music which is technically skilled but fails to evoke emotions from the audience, I can think of a lot of piano playing, or even songs/compositions themselves, which feel that way.

An interesting thought I ran across from another site: y'know, this idea that Medaka's musical prowess wouldn't be good enough to win the band battle, isn't it counter-intuitive? Is it really true that if she played the Student Council team would lose? This goes against most of the theory Zenkichi and Ajimu have been setting up about her thus far.

So basically this might be the effect of Zenkichi's new ability. Devil Style might've had the effect of making the "correct" decision be Zenkichi's pronouncement that Medaka should not play in the band.

I'm not sure, yet, whether I believe in that myself.

I liked having "serious" Kikaijima briefly back in this chapter. The "Bloody Sevens" game already showed that she has significant plotting ability. If she's perceiving a serious weakness in the Naked Apron Alliance's present strategy, then I'm curious to see how she and Kumagawa will adapt.
HappinessCharge Precure 100/5 :: Stardust Crusaders 80/5 :: Mushishi S2 90/5 :: Akuma no Riddle: 15/5 :: Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san 24/5 :: GochiUsa 33/5 :: Soul Eater NOT! 18/5 :: Love Live! S2 80/5
Summer: Sailor Moon Crystal 24/5 :: Hanayamata 30/5 :: Locodol 80/5 :: Yama no Susume 100/5 :: Momo Kyun Sword 11/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Yuri Precure otaku manga: Shinozaki-san ki wo ota shika ni
Awesome shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 06:24   Link #7028
kenjtr

i wonder will medaka really bend zenkichis bones like that f they lost the band contest Why does medaka only mean to zenkichi i dont get at all , its like she hates him .
Old 2012-02-17, 08:28   Link #7029
Last Carpet

So Medaka's drumming is musically perfect, but it's like comparing a recorded rhythm to a real drummer. Again we see how Medaka is "too right', her perfection takes away from the whole musical experience. Music evokes emotions in people. But when someone like Medaka plays music there's no mistakes, no passion, no emotion, no expression, just sound.

And props to Zen for starting to grow a pair and finally telling her off about something.

"I love to stand out. So why should I step out of this"
"Because you will get in the way"

Nice.
Still wondering how Zen's new power plays a role with these three. I also wonder if Hanten has even given it to him yet.
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 08:43   Link #7030
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
So Medaka's drumming is musically perfect, but it's like comparing a recorded rhythm to a real drummer. Again we see how Medaka is "too right', her perfection takes away from the whole musical experience. Music evokes emotions in people. But when someone like Medaka plays music there's no mistakes, no passion, no emotion, no expression, just sound.

And props to Zen for starting to grow a pair and finally telling her off about something.

"I love to stand out. So why should I step out of this"
"Because you will get in the way"

Nice.
Still wondering how Zen's new power plays a role with these three. I also wonder if Hanten has even given it to him yet.
I had to agree I really like how Zen act in this ch. Plus is me or he and Najimi seem to be in better terms? I mean he do say to Kikaijima that he will ask Najimi to help him how to play.( instrument.)
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 09:44   Link #7031
noobita

Chapter without Kumagawa is a bad chapter.
Old 2012-02-17, 12:48   Link #7032
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
i wonder will medaka really bend zenkichis bones like that f they lost the band contest Why does medaka only mean to zenkichi i dont get at all , its like she hates him .
1. i don't think Medaka is being mean i think she is actually happy Zenki is finally standing up to her and showing her he has a set balls after all.
2. because Zenki is the one who told her to butt out so they can win. if they don't win then it is his responsibility.
Old 2012-02-17, 13:41   Link #7033
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
Can't you take a joke? Even a little one?
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 14:29   Link #7034
silver001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Can't you take a joke? Even a little one?
given how mechanical she is, I highly doubt she was joking. But I don't see her as the type to make a joke. you have to be human to be able to.
silver001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 14:35   Link #7035
Gundamx

About Najimi... didn't Kumagawa said that she was Zenki girlfriends?
When he was fighting them > he killed Zenki > and when he come back he ask him "how was it? meeting your girlfriends after such a long time?"

Spoiler for pic:
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 14:36   Link #7036
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
About Najimi... didn't Kumagawa said that she was Zenki girlfriends?
When he was fighting them > he killed Zenki > and when he come back he ask him "how was it? meeting your girlfriends after such a long time?"

Spoiler for pic:
ah no, She was Kumagawa's girl friend back then not Zenki's.
Old 2012-02-17, 14:38   Link #7037
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
ah no, She Kumagawa girl friend back then not Zenki's.
Didn't he said your girlfriend?
Or was it translator error?
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 14:45   Link #7038
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Didn't he said your girlfriend?
Or was it translator error?
translator error. It was stated more then once she Kumagawa's girlfriend.

the actual translation on c71 p15

Kumagawa: Congratulations on your return
Kumagawa: How was it?
Kumagawa: You haven't seen her in a long time.
Zenki: huh?
Zenki: Her?
Zenki: What are you talking about?

i have no idea where the translator got Girlfriend form.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2012-02-17 at 15:16.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 14:55   Link #7039
Soji

^You're sure I recall he say she was his vice preside but I don't recall about being his girlfriend O_o
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 15:15   Link #7040
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
^You're sure I recall he say she was his vice preside but I don't recall about being his girlfriend O_o
i might have been wrong but i thought it was infer form c81 that she was kumagawa's girlfriend.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council