AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-27, 16:24   Link #7481
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Well, spoilers are floating around now. Seems that
Spoiler:
Not surprising. What is that direction?

Spoiler for spoiler:
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 16:32   Link #7482
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
This is completely unconfirmed, but
Spoiler:


Medaka would make a great antagonist, I've gotta say. Also,
Spoiler:
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 16:34   Link #7483
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Full spoiler for 140 if anyone can be bothered to translate. (unconfirmed)

Spoiler for spoiler:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
This is completely unconfirmed, but
Spoiler:


Medaka would make a great antagonist, I've gotta say. Also,
Spoiler:
Thx

Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by Tenchi Hou Take; 2012-03-27 at 17:11.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 17:30   Link #7484
Sol Falling
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 25
Jesus christ, those spoilers are huge. I guess these days "spoilers" come in the form of "a transcript for an entire chapter".

Spoiler for 140:
__________________
Seasonal enjoyment ratings:
HappinessCharge Precure 100/5 :: Stardust Crusaders 80/5 :: Mushishi S2 90/5 :: Akuma no Riddle: 15/5 :: Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san 24/5 :: GochiUsa 33/5 :: Soul Eater NOT! 18/5 :: Love Live! S2 80/5
Summer: Sailor Moon Crystal 24/5 :: Hanayamata 30/5 :: Locodol 80/5 :: Yama no Susume 100/5 :: Momo Kyun Sword 11/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Yuri Precure otaku manga: Shinozaki-san ki wo ota shika ni
Awesome shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 17:32   Link #7485
K. Shiruto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
It's time to perform the following score.

Spoiler for spoiler:
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 17:43   Link #7486
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Jesus christ, those spoilers are huge. I guess these days "spoilers" come in the form of "a transcript for an entire chapter".

Spoiler for 140:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 20:06   Link #7487
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Yeah, this arc was the most bored I've been reading Medaka Box since the Suggestion Box arc. That doesn't bode well for future chapters.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 01:45   Link #7488
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Wow! This is continuing? I for one am shocked! Didn't see that coming, oh Nisio you troll, fool me once shame on me, fool me twice shame on you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
Nisio is more infamous for hyping people up and then it turns out to have just been a cocktease.
Exactly, and it should've been obvious even just reading this manga by itself and having no other exposure to his works. And if wasn't before this chapter it should be by now, also as if Jump where going to put up the money for an anime adaption and than let the manga end right before it, lmao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Yeah, this arc was the most bored I've been reading Medaka Box since the Suggestion Box arc. That doesn't bode well for future chapters.
I would say that everything since the Non-Equals arc has been the "Nisemonogatari" of Medaka Box but that would mean that the start was better... and it wasn't. Ajimu was a total letdown (lol @ who resolves that, trolling on multiple levels is happening) and even the reliably entertaining Kumagawa wasn't up to his usual standards apart from the Munakata fight.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 02:22   Link #7489
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
I didn't mind it that much it had some interesting points though the treasure arc was boring as fuck and Nisio spent too much time trolling than he did did progressing a decent plot. Also the rom-com part was a bit boring though though the climax was reasonably satisfying in comparison practically all Medaka arcs ignoring the trolling of Aijimu at the end since there was a reasonable climax with significant character development, without Medaka's overpoweredness trolling the tension.

At least I can see a point and a purpose to this climax (again ignoring the Aijimu part of this chapter) when I could see little point to Kumagawa's fight or lightning dudes fight other than Medaka's overpowered can't defeat her, with some random and nonsensical character development on the villains part. At least it wasn't cliche to the extreme shounen crap that most arcs end with (though Aijimu seems to get that....).

Last edited by Tenchi Hou Take; 2012-03-28 at 04:50.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 04:44   Link #7490
DawnEmperor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Somewhere
Oddly enough, I do enjoy how the arc has built itself up. It jumped around a bit(didn't see much point to the card game). We got to see more about the motivations of the characters.

I have a feeling that Nisio will inevitable leave some things unresolved, so I won't get my hopes up( too much at least).

Last edited by DawnEmperor; 2012-03-28 at 07:24.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 04:57   Link #7491
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Seems we still don't find what the hell is up with Hanten, which I'm honestly quite annoyed by. Really most of middle school crap and Hanten etc should have been done and concluded by this arc. With the next arc being a fresh new restart. I can't really see precisely why that shit would be relevant in future arcs unless some other villain is convultedly introduced to be a part of it.

Practically all major players have gone through sufficient character developments such that those events really shouldn't have a major effect on them should their memories be revealed. Really this arc would have been the ideal time to reveal them in the height of the chaos. Especially since the primary focus of those events Aijimu was the main villain. Now those events seem worthless in comparison to whatever's going to be the current plot unless something is convultedly introduced.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 07:01   Link #7492
Odd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Seems we still don't find what the hell is up with Hanten, which I'm honestly quite annoyed by. Really most of middle school crap and Hanten etc should have been done and concluded by this arc. With the next arc being a fresh new restart. I can't really see precisely why that shit would be relevant in future arcs unless some other villain is convultedly introduced to be a part of it.
Why? Hanten was never really the main focus of this arc, so I don't see why there's a problem.
It's actually similar to how we got a light introduction of Ajimu during the minus arc; a minor.

Now, regarding the "middle school crap" it's a subject we know next to nothing about, but can still expect to need certain circumstances (some of which probably happened at the end of this arc) to occur for them to be revealed i.e. Medaka's changed mindset, whatever Ajimu happens to say in chapter 140, the understanding of "Devil Style", Zenkichi's new labelling as a "Zero", etc.

And it still will be relevant, as there never really has been a "fresh new restart" in any of the Medaka Box arcs; they're usually based around picking up on something spoken about in the previous arc and then expanded on thus leading to something else.

Quote:
Practically all major players have gone through sufficient character developments such that those events really shouldn't have a major effect on them should their memories be revealed. Really this arc would have been the ideal time to reveal them in the height of the chaos. Especially since the primary focus of those events Aijimu was the main villain. Now those events seem worthless in comparison to whatever's going to be the current plot unless something is convultedly introduced.
There wasn't any serious action from Ajimu this arc to warrant that their memories should be revealed, nor to be considered the "main villain". She barely done anything this arc which wasn't to help Zenkichi, who was the main focus of this arc. This whole "true flask plan" was just a plot device used to allow him to grow, but could still be used to explain the enigma which is "Ajimu Najimi" in this upcoming arc.

Also, I wouldn't really consider those memories to be now "worthless" as we still don't know what Kumagawa has planned in order to defeat Ajimu and Hanten, or even why?
Odd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 07:40   Link #7493
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd View Post
Why? Hanten was never really the main focus of this arc, so I don't see why there's a problem.
It's actually similar to how we got a light introduction of Ajimu during the minus arc; a minor.

Now, regarding the "middle school crap" it's a subject we know next to nothing about, but can still expect to need certain circumstances (some of which probably happened at the end of this arc) to occur for them to be revealed i.e. Medaka's changed mindset, whatever Ajimu happens to say in chapter 140, the understanding of "Devil Style", Zenkichi's new labelling as a "Zero", etc.

And it still will be relevant, as there never really has been a "fresh new restart" in any of the Medaka Box arcs; they're usually based around picking up on something spoken about in the previous arc and then expanded on thus leading to something else.



There wasn't any serious action from Ajimu this arc to warrant that their memories should be revealed, nor to be considered the "main villain". She barely done anything this arc which wasn't to help Zenkichi, who was the main focus of this arc. This whole "true flask plan" was just a plot device used to allow him to grow, but could still be used to explain the enigma which is "Ajimu Najimi" in this upcoming arc.

Also, I wouldn't really consider those memories to be now "worthless" as we still don't know what Kumagawa has planned in order to defeat Ajimu and Hanten, or even why?
Yeah but unless Aijimu is going to prolong her position as "antagonist" said importance decreases unless a new related player is introduced at the last minute. She was the "villain" until the end where it was revealed she really wasn't but she was the primary antagonist in this arc behind Zenkichi. Said antagonists arc being the perfect place to have the middle school stuff revealed since she was actually involved.

The importance of that sort of stuff decreases if the it's released in an arc where the primary antagonist of the arc has nothing to do with said flashback which woud mean for maximum relevant importance an arc where either Medaka(again), Aijimu(again), Kumagawa(again) or Zenkichi(again), are the primary antagonists. Otherwise it's relegated to plot convient powerup or character development material that has little to do with he arc aside from being a convient plot device.

There has never been a fresh start but this is pretty much it. Medaka's no longer president Zenkichi now is, Medaka's goal is no longer to be of help to others meaning the entire story dynamic has completely changed.

I just find little point in what would essentially be repeating an arc just to go over stuff that should have been gone over in this arc.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 09:14   Link #7494
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 29
OMG everyone here is so picky. (except those who are not)

As usual, I for one am entertained.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 09:27   Link #7495
[HearT]
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
OMG everyone here is so picky. (except those who are not)
very insightful





I'm very curious as to what the next arc will be about :3 If there's a new villain, then hopefully they'll do more than Ajimu did~


And I blame Zenkichi and his lame ability for making this arc not as awesome as it could have been! lol
[HearT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 09:47   Link #7496
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by [HearT] View Post
very insightful





I'm very curious as to what the next arc will be about :3 If there's a new villain, then hopefully they'll do more than Ajimu did~


And I blame Zenkichi and his lame ability for making this arc not as awesome as it could have been! lol
For him it's a pretty awesome ability he very easily could have lost without it due to those interventions. But really it's the weakness of the author if he can't create an interesting story without the use of convient coincidences.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 11:29   Link #7497
[HearT]
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
For him it's a pretty awesome ability he very easily could have lost without it due to those interventions. But really it's the weakness of the author if he can't create an interesting story without the use of convient coincidences.
Then I blame the author for giving Zenkichi that ability and making that arc not as awesome as it could have been~ :P
[HearT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 12:33   Link #7498
Iron21
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Spoiler for spoiler pic:
__________________

Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 12:42   Link #7499
poisui
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Age: 28
poisui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 12:48   Link #7500
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
What a completely random cover.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.