AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-03-30, 18:50   Link #7601
Alpha Knight

^Zen still has the abnormality, but he has always said many times he hates to resort cheat, as it goes against his hardwork motto, unless he has no choice and such skill turns essential to solve a big problem only Parasite Sight can pull off, just like when Zen put an end to Emukae's angsty that perdured since the day she was born.

He could have easily sorted out the enigma during the first event with his abnormality, but he's so proud he would never use such petty tricks for something human wit can work out, no matter how difficult it's.

And this is the type of person Zen is, of who a 62% of the students are proud to have as their Student Council President and my favorite character in the series
Alpha Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 18:53   Link #7602
Xellos-_^
Valentine's Day with Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
^Zen still has the abnormality, but he has always said many times he hates to resort cheat, as it goes against his hardwork motto, unless he has no choice and such skill turns essential to solve a big problem only Parasite Sight can pull off, just like when Zen put an end to Emukae's angsty that perdured since the day she was born.

He could have easily sorted out the enigma during the first event with his abnormality, but he's so proud he would never use such petty tricks for something human wit can work out, no matter how difficult it's.

And this is the type of person Zen is, of who a 62% of the students are proud to have as their Student Council President and my favorite character in the series
isn't this like voting for guy because you want to have a beer with him vs the other candidate who can do everything and solve all problems
Old 2012-03-30, 18:58   Link #7603
Alpha Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
isn't this like voting for guy because you want to have a beer with him vs the other candidate who can do everything and solve all problems
Excuse me? I don't get what you try to tell me
Old 2012-03-30, 19:11   Link #7604
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Do you not understand politics? It's a glorified popularity contest, though Zen's point during the election speech was that voting for someone who did all that wasn't neccessarily a good thing. Considering they'll eventually have to leave the school teaching them self reliance is probably more worthwhile than what Medaka was trying to do. It's the difference between spoiling someone and teaching them to solve it for themselves, one ultimately does more harm than good.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 22:15   Link #7605
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

... Am I the only one who did a fist pump with a loud 'YESSSSS!!!' when Zen got a kiss from Medaka? ...guess so. He definitely earned it - well done soldier. *salutes*

Now that Medaka is living for the sake of herself now, it will be interesting to see what happens from now on. There's the 7 suitors (Scott Pilgrim-esque) story ... but I think that it will go into 'Suggestion Box' mode for a while so we can see Zenkichi's take on the same thing. Will Zenkichi even make Medaka a part of the Student Council though? Make her the Gen. Affairs Manager like she did to him?

I see Shiranui joining the Council just for Zen, and giving Medaka a headache...
Old 2012-03-31, 00:00   Link #7606
Xellos-_^
Valentine's Day with Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
... Am I the only one who did a fist pump with a loud 'YESSSSS!!!' when Zen got a kiss from Medaka? ...guess so. He definitely earned it - well done soldier. *salutes*

Now that Medaka is living for the sake of herself now, it will be interesting to see what happens from now on. There's the 7 suitors (Scott Pilgrim-esque) story ... but I think that it will go into 'Suggestion Box' mode for a while so we can see Zenkichi's take on the same thing. Will Zenkichi even make Medaka a part of the Student Council though? Make her the Gen. Affairs Manager like she did to him?

I see Shiranui joining the Council just for Zen, and giving Medaka a headache...
personally i rather Medaka tells Zen she is not interested in romance.
Old 2012-03-31, 00:05   Link #7607
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Adan @ Not this will be interesting to see. Now that I think about something else(maybe i forgot or i dont remember this part) but najimi take back her Parasite eyes or they still with zen and he just not use them?.
If she did that...
Wouldn't Zen be blind again?
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 02:54   Link #7608
Soji

Adan @ I know he dont like use that skill. I was just curios if he still have it. Because I dont remeber the manga say that najimi take them back. Thank's for the answer.

Meltyred @That's why I was curios if he still have them. With najimi say that that skill was a loan and him with devil style.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 03:35   Link #7609
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
medaka already kissed zen before, and a whole bunch of other people, though this time it had a different meaning to her actions
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 03:42   Link #7610
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
medaka already kissed zen before, and a whole bunch of other people, though this time it had a different meaning to her actions
i dont think she ever kiss zen before. or i just forget

Last edited by RRW; 2012-03-31 at 04:08.
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 03:43   Link #7611
Soji

RRW @ I think( can be wrong though) that this was the first time she kiss him.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 03:49   Link #7612
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
i dont think he ever kiss zen before. or i just forget
On panel I don't think so but it had been implied she had done so in the past where she kissed practically everyone. There's also Zen's reaction to this and it didn't seem like it was his first time.
Old 2012-03-31, 04:10   Link #7613
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
On panel I don't think so but it had been implied she had done so in the past where she kissed practically everyone. There's also Zen's reaction to this and it didn't seem like it was his first time.
She kissed everyone in her classroom UNTIL Zen transferred to her class room where she stop (or drastically decreased) her habit
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 04:27   Link #7614
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
She kissed everyone in her classroom UNTIL Zen transferred to her class room where she stop (or drastically decreased) her habit
I'm not simply talking about the classroom. Also he made her stop.
Old 2012-03-31, 05:45   Link #7615
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Zen's reaction to it is because Medaka used her Overflowing Love, one of her abilities from the very beginning of the series, her Proof of One's Worth. Not for nothing, but if someone just does that, wouldn't you be taken a back as well? Zenkichi was just really surprised. You should easily be able to tell from the narration box after that how he felt, "That feeling was so real" it's clear that he was happy.

She did it in the past, but he never said she did it to him, only to all the people around them, and he had her stop it when they got to elementary school.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 06:03   Link #7616
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Zen's reaction to it is because Medaka used her Overflowing Love, one of her abilities from the very beginning of the series, her Proof of One's Worth. Not for nothing, but if someone just does that, wouldn't you be taken a back as well? Zenkichi was just really surprised. You should easily be able to tell from the narration box after that how he felt, "That feeling was so real" it's clear that he was happy.

She did it in the past, but he never said she did it to him, only to all the people around them, and he had her stop it when they got to elementary school.
Yeah but the point was his first reaction was that she's using that ability rather than she's kissing me (which would be the normal logical response if it was their first kiss). Even if he had seen her do it to several other people you'd expect more of response if it was the first time with him even if it was part of her loving the world. Either way it's a pretty pointless discussion there's not enough conclusive evidence either way and it's unlikely we'll get an answer unless Zenkichi pretty much says that was their first kiss.
Old 2012-03-31, 17:25   Link #7617
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
^wow you guys can't read, it didn't say whether or not they kissed, he just stated that medaka kissed everybody in their class. Only when they changed schools did he make her stop so...~
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 19:09   Link #7618
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
^wow you guys can't read, it didn't say whether or not they kissed, he just stated that medaka kissed everybody in their class. Only when they changed schools did he make her stop so...~
Which was what I said. We don't know my impression from the kiss was that they did but there's really no conclusive evidence either way.
Old 2012-04-01, 14:53   Link #7619
Alpha Knight

How about we go back to the early chapters and take a look at all the delicious foreshadowing?

-2% of no-approval rate -> 2% of approval
-Medaka mimmicks -> Medaka copies skills
-Lifes is Drama - Life is Epic!
-Call these eyes... Devil Eyes -> Devil Style

Oh Nisio, you awesome bastard
Old 2012-04-01, 16:38   Link #7620
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
-Lifes is Drama - Life is Epic!
Looking at the Japanese text, her whole speech on that page is exactly the as page 1 of chapter 1. The translators screwed up by making it different (although I suppose they might have translated chapter 1 in the same way if they had been around then).
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council