AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Old 2012-04-04, 17:02   Link #7661
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Spoiler for I told you so:
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 17:07   Link #7662
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 17:07   Link #7663
K. Shiruto

Quote:
Same here. Random, boring, predictable, are words you always are bound to hear for every time a new arc begins. We already know how that ends turning out.

Spoiler for spoiler:
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 17:11   Link #7664
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler for well...:
Old 2012-04-04, 17:13   Link #7665
K. Shiruto

Leave him be, Kurosu. He jumped the bandwagon.
Old 2012-04-04, 17:19   Link #7666
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Spoiler for well...:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2012-04-04, 17:21   Link #7667
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler for um:
Old 2012-04-04, 17:24   Link #7668
K. Shiruto

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2012-04-04, 17:25   Link #7669
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Spoiler for um:
I'm not going to validate that with a retort, if you can't figure it out it's a pretty pointless discussion. (note it's the most obvious one).
Old 2012-04-04, 17:29   Link #7670
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
I'm not going to validate that with a retort, if you can't figure it out it's a pretty pointless discussion. (note it's the most obvious one).
Sounds like someone doesn't know~

Well this arc certainly seems pretty neat, glad some questions that were alluded to before are getting some spot light.
Old 2012-04-04, 17:30   Link #7671
K. Shiruto

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2012-04-04, 17:30   Link #7672
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
Lol last arc had some large stretches of mediore writing, it does have some good parts but it's hardly outstanding. My opinion obviously but I like my stories to ideological concepts, philosophical ideas and structure above which that can be done by a teenager. I understand the demographic but that doesn't mean you have to limit it to such a degree. "Life is Epic" as a retort to millions year old creature is hardly something much thought was put into.

Quote:
Sounds like someone doesn't know~

Well this arc certainly seems pretty neat, glad some questions that were alluded to before are getting some spot light.
Lol... I must wonder what your overall comprehension of these sorts of stories are, it's asking what's the answer to 1 + 1 when they told you to figure out itself and when they chose not to answer you ask them if they don't know. Figure it out... god.
Old 2012-04-04, 17:31   Link #7673
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Lol last arc had some large stretches of mediore writing, it does have some good parts but it's hardly outstanding. My opinion obviously but I like my stories to ideological concepts, philosophical ideas and structure above which that can be done by a teenager. I understand the demographic but that doesn't mean you have to limit it to such a degree. "Life is Epic as a retort to millions year old creature is hardly something much thought was put into.
...but Medaka's a kid
Old 2012-04-04, 17:37   Link #7674
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
...but Medaka's a kid
The lord of the flies and dozens of other children's stories are based on kids readable by kids and actually have detailed amount of thought put into it. It doesn't need to have anything remotely near that amount but it should have some to trully be considered good writing.
Old 2012-04-04, 17:38   Link #7675
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
The lord of the flies and dozens of other children's stories are based on kids readable by kids and actually have detailed amount of thought put into it. It doesn't need to have anything remotely near that amount but it should have some to trully be considered good writing.
How would you have solved the situation then?
Old 2012-04-04, 17:49   Link #7676
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
How would you have solved the situation then?
In something that takes a lot longer than one chapter something that details the various logical fallacies and issues that are present with something near omnipotence, omniscience etc why the differences in thought processes scale and complexity would cause a very obvious problem while also pointing out the similarities and what is achieveable by a limited human that isn't by a near omnipotent being. It wouldn't completely answer the problem because the answers not supposed to be remotely easily answered we're talking about a being with experience and power comparable to a god and a girl that has thought processes much above the average teenager. Really a character like Aijimu shouldn't really be introduced if their wasn't a deeper philosophical meaning.

A larger point with tangible meaning beyond being a simple plot device. E.g something that makes you think.
Old 2012-04-04, 17:59   Link #7677
K. Shiruto

Look. If you want more thought put into, you have plenty of manga here and there with that. MB isn't one to go that far into details and you should already know this. I for one couldn't be more content with what the series offers me, and I'm pretty sure many here share my thoughts.
Old 2012-04-04, 18:01   Link #7678
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
Look. If you want more thought put into, you have plenty of manga here and there with that. MB isn't one to go that far into details and you should already know this. I for one couldn't be more content with what the series offers me.
That's fine, but like I said I don't consider that great writing. There's plenty of series I enjoy, very much but I wouldn't say they all had particularily good writing. I just stated how I consider Medaka Box to not be particularily well written though it does have it's area's it shines in.
Old 2012-04-04, 18:01   Link #7679
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Really a character like Aijimu shouldn't really be introduced if their wasn't a deeper philosophical meaning
Well in a way there was, but if you want deep philosophy you should read anything other than Medaka Box >.>.

The whole deal with Ajimu was actually pretty darn funny imho, because all things considered, her knowledge of the 4th wall isolated her from the rest of humanity. We're unsure what she really is, because it seems she was an intangible being of some kind, which would put her on the same level of God, but it's still some thing that probably doesn't have an answer.
In the end, it's all irony, because if she was truly aware of our reality where we read that manga, it makes her look sane. But living in a manga world, she just sounds like a nut case, which was the realization everyone else came to, because they can't really accept their own reality to be fake. She obviously knew this, but seemed to be in a state of denial until Medaka shook her out of it.

Not for nothing, but whether you like it or not, it was going to be settled in one chapter, unless you wanted 2 or 3 chapters of debating... We have enough walls of text don't we?
Old 2012-04-04, 18:06   Link #7680
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Well in a way there was, but if you want deep philosophy you should read anything other than Medaka Box >.>.

The whole deal with Ajimu was actually pretty darn funny imho, because all things considered, her knowledge of the 4th wall isolated her from the rest of humanity. We're unsure what she really is, because it seems she was an intangible being of some kind, which would put her on the same level of God, but it's still some thing that probably doesn't have an answer.
In the end, it's all irony, because if she was truly aware of our reality where we read that manga, it makes her look sane. But living in a manga world, she just sounds like a nut case, which was the realization everyone else came to, because they can't really accept their own reality to be fake. She obviously knew this, but seemed to be in a state of denial until Medaka shook her out of it.

Not for nothing, but whether you like it or not, it was going to be settled in one chapter, unless you wanted 2 or 3 chapters of debating... We have enough walls of text don't we?
Yeah but it didn't need to be developed the way it was, he could have spent more of the arc dissecting Aijimu as a charater than she has a mental illness that believes the world is manga, she's wrong the end.... oh yeah "life is epic".... Heck he could have had her the arc end with Zenkichi's victory, have her dissapear and develop her from there. Aijimu didn't go through a logical character development arc she was just instantly converted then and their. Considering her knowledge and experience and the arguements used against her it's far from incomprehensible for some to call the development poor when it very easily could have done better if he focused more on her character to cause a more natural change. This is ignoring the fact she's far beyond any human in experience and knowledge of how things work and so her instantly changing her entire ideology on a high school girl using very simplistic arguments that omit vast amounts of curcumstances. It's like Naruto's talk no jutsu turned up to infinity.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council