AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-04-07, 15:19   Link #7761
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
funny how medaka box turned into another xxxmonogatari series basically
seems like good ol nisioisin only has one style to rely on
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 15:26   Link #7762
vickie7

It would be nice to see a Hipster-kun-centered arc.
vickie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 16:12   Link #7763
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
funny how medaka box turned into another xxxmonogatari series basically
seems like good ol nisioisin only has one style to rely on
I'm not quite sure you have any idea what you're talking about.
Old 2012-04-07, 16:47   Link #7764
K. Shiruto

It's just me or did Nisio stablished the perfect scenario for Zen to take part in the feast as the eight suitor?
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 13:22   Link #7765
kingstonbeer

hmm probably but would devil style be a blessing or a curse against persons that are near medaka lvl of power?
kingstonbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 13:50   Link #7766
kenjtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingstonbeer View Post
hmm probably but would devil style be a blessing or a curse against persons that are near medaka lvl of power?
Well at least zen can have some peace now snce from the beginning of the manga he always gets involves with weird women , its like a curse on him .
Old 2012-04-08, 16:24   Link #7767
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingstonbeer View Post
Depends on what Aijimu was doing with him during their training, we know Aiimu completed her perfecting oof humanity with him though we don't know whether he became what she considered to be a perfect human and what that involves.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 16:52   Link #7768
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
Well at least zen can have some peace now snce from the beginning of the manga he always gets involves with weird women , its like a curse on him .
to be fair, this trait isn't limited to Zen some other shonen heroes like Touma, Shirou, Negi and whathisname from The World Only God Knows also share this trait. Why does Zenikichi always attract the weird ones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Depends on what Aijimu was doing with him during their training, we know Aiimu completed her perfecting oof humanity with him though we don't know whether he became what she considered to be a perfect human and what that involves.
We may probably never consider how that arc was resolved. It is almost a repeat of Oudo's defeat and how it left some things open and in the air.
Old 2012-04-08, 17:47   Link #7769
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I'm not quite sure you have any idea what you're talking about.
well i'm comparing an anime adaption and a manga written by him, it feels goddamn similar at this point though~~
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 18:09   Link #7770
OliverTwist

Is there a chance that Zenkichi killed the last winner of the wedding feast somehow? The whole not wanting him to find out about the murder in the last arc was never explained properly, and I'm getting a bad feeling about their relationship going forward since the manga obviously isn't ending.
OliverTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 20:18   Link #7771
kenjtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverTwist View Post
Is there a chance that Zenkichi killed the last winner of the wedding feast somehow? The whole not wanting him to find out about the murder in the last arc was never explained properly, and I'm getting a bad feeling about their relationship going forward since the manga obviously isn't ending.
I would liked if zenkichi really did that also medaka is so idiot even if that old man did something to her she wouldnt really mind , maybe he already did .
Old 2012-04-08, 22:02   Link #7772
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I feel like a couple of minuses have invaded the thread...

And the reason for Zen getting the ladies is because his 'Normal'ness is attractive to Abnormals, Specials, and Minuses and of course to Medaka. But also, he's Medaka-sexual so the other girls really have no chance of getting with him. Which I do feel bad for Eukae(sp?) since she genuinely is a sweet girl and cute to boot.
Old 2012-04-08, 22:30   Link #7773
bumbayker

After 4 days I finally finished reading 141 chapters of the manga. To be honest, I can't find the right words to describe how I feel. I can't say I hated it since I read all current chapters but I can't say I completely love it either. But I definitely enjoyed reading it though. Maybe it's Nishio Ishin's unorthodox style of writing that attracted me to it. I can agree that majority to of the manga's success (or salvation from cancellation) was due to Kumagawa. But I think what makes this manga interesting compared to others of it genre is how the supporting characters grow and not how the main character gets her new power up. After a very bumpy start and 140 chapters later Medaka Box has finally molded with its own identity and not turn itself into just another shounen battle manga.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 05:29   Link #7774
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post

And the reason for Zen getting the ladies is because his 'Normal'ness is attractive to Abnormals, Specials, and Minuses and of course to Medaka. But also, he's Medaka-sexual so the other girls really have no chance of getting with him. Which I do feel bad for Eukae(sp?) since she genuinely is a sweet girl and cute to boot.
It's most probably not that, if it was simply that there's dozen's of other people that could fill that role. It's most likely because he's more accepting than practically anyone without caring about changing people if they don't want it unless he's the reason their like that in first place.

Which is why he's Shiranui's only friend for a loong time since she screwed over everyone else (him too but he didn't care)
Old 2012-04-09, 06:44   Link #7775
reaper_unique

Medaka loves Zenichi, I think the end of chapter 140 proved that? I wonder if we will see anything come from that.
reaper_unique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 08:29   Link #7776
Last Carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post

And the reason for Zen getting the ladies is because his 'Normal'ness is attractive to Abnormals, Specials, and Minuses and of course to Medaka. But also, he's Medaka-sexual so the other girls really have no chance of getting with him. Which I do feel bad for Emukae(sp?) since she genuinely is a sweet girl and cute to boot.
I dunno....

Before Zen was special to Medaka because he was Normal, but she suddenly had a standard to hold him to when the interns came along. Now he's special for defeating her.

Now that she's living for herself, how well will that new reason hold up with her new mindset?

Another thing, Zen gave up his chance to have Medaka be his because he wants it to be her choice. It's like that trope "I Want my Beloved to be Happy" . If he's content with Medaka being happy with someone else, who's to say he won't try to find happiness with someone else?

All in all, the plot will bend to whatever way suits Medaka, but when you have a character who can defy the plot, namely Zen, there's really no telling how it will go until you see it for yourself.
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 16:48   Link #7777
Tenchi Hou Take

Spoiler for Spoiler 142:

Last edited by Tenchi Hou Take; 2012-04-10 at 16:59.
Old 2012-04-10, 16:53   Link #7778
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler 142:
Spoiler for medaka box:
Old 2012-04-10, 16:56   Link #7779
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth SpiderDen View Post