AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-04-22, 20:16   Link #8221
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Ajimu is omnipotent. Her quadrillion skills is just a fancy way of saying that. It's not like she's limited to those skills either, these are just the skills she developed over the course of continuously trying to achieve the impossible. She says she casually discovers new skills whenever she's in a pinch.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 20:36   Link #8222
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: WIGGINS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Ajimu is omnipotent. Her quadrillion skills is just a fancy way of saying that. It's not like she's limited to those skills either, these are just the skills she developed over the course of continuously trying to achieve the impossible. She says she casually discovers new skills whenever she's in a pinch.
Omnipotent means that you can do anything. In other words you have infinite skills, every knowledge of past, present, and future and even knowledge of other diminsions, etc. The fact that she's visibly surprised at Medaka's whole speech to her about how she shouldn't commit sucide means that she's doesn't have omniscience. Similarly the fact that her skills are still countable is also testement that she's not omnipotent. Omnipotent shouldn't even have to count their skills. Heck the fact that she still could commit suicide means she's not omnipotent. Omnipotent shouldn't die even when they are killed.

Although it should be noted that the definition of omnipotent is extremely vague and undefined but Ajimu hasn't shown omnipotence in any stretch of the word.

Also can we are getting away from talking about Medaka box and into other things so we might want to get back to topic.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 20:47   Link #8223
Guernsey
The GAP Man
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
It would had been an awesome thing if Nishio wnet all Scott Pilgrim or sdo something similar. Its Scott Pilgrim meets JJBA meets Highlander.
__________________
Guernsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 20:49   Link #8224
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Scotland, UK
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
It would had been an awesome thing if Nishio wnet all Scott Pilgrim or sdo something similar. Its Scott Pilgrim meets JJBA meets Highlander.
God I hope not... No offence or anything, but I couldn't make it past the first 20 minutes of Scot Pilgrim... But, that might just be an issue with the movie.
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 20:58   Link #8225
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: WIGGINS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
God I hope not... No offence or anything, but I couldn't make it past the first 20 minutes of Scot Pilgrim... But, that might just be an issue with the movie.
The comics are somewhat better but yeah............................

Although I support JJBA and Highlander. Don't know how they will fit with Medaka Box though.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 21:07   Link #8226
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Scotland, UK
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
The comics are somewhat better but yeah............................

Although I support JJBA and Highlander. Don't know how they will fit with Medaka Box though.
I know nothing about JJBA, as for Highlander... I've seen the first film but... I can't see how the Quickening could be used in Medaka Box. Although, I am all for a couple of people getting their head's chopped off.
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 21:24   Link #8227
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Omnipotence isn't possible because it would cause a paradox. Ask an omnipotent being to create a rock it can't lift. The universe would explode. :P
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 22:55   Link #8228
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
Omnipotent means that you can do anything. In other words you have infinite skills, every knowledge of past, present, and future and even knowledge of other diminsions, etc. The fact that she's visibly surprised at Medaka's whole speech to her about how she shouldn't commit sucide means that she's doesn't have omniscience. Similarly the fact that her skills are still countable is also testement that she's not omnipotent. Omnipotent shouldn't even have to count their skills. Heck the fact that she still could commit suicide means she's not omnipotent. Omnipotent shouldn't die even when they are killed.

Although it should be noted that the definition of omnipotent is extremely vague and undefined but Ajimu hasn't shown omnipotence in any stretch of the word.

Also can we are getting away from talking about Medaka box and into other things so we might want to get back to topic.
First, you're confusing omnipotence with omniscience. Second, she does have omniscience: look at her particular powers. "Know the answer" sticks out. Third, one of her powers is the ability to not use her powers. She can still be surprised by things simply by allowing herself to be. Considering she spent her entire life trying to prove the world was real by failing at something, it's no surprise she'd be giving herself handicaps.

This also applies to immortality. She has immortality skills, but she can choose to not use them, if she really wanted to die.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 23:05   Link #8229
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: WIGGINS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
First, you're confusing omnipotence with omniscience. Second, she does have omniscience: look at her particular powers. "Know the answer" sticks out. Third, one of her powers is the ability to not use her powers. She can still be surprised by things simply by allowing herself to be. Considering she spent her entire life trying to prove the world was real by failing at something, it's no surprise she'd be giving herself handicaps.

This also applies to immortality. She has immortality skills, but she can choose to not use them, if she really wanted to die.
You need to be omniscience to be a omnipotent so I am not confusing anything.

Also argueing about omnipotence is almost impossible as being omnipotent is a paradox like someone already pointed out therefore you can't prove someone is omnipotent. One can frankly argue that she's near omnipotent but that's as far as you can go. We can all agree that she's pretty damn powerful though.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 01:30   Link #8230
shmaster
The Hades
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
But yeah, just to toy with the thought who are you banking on? I can think of several. Well, I can think of people who could probably survive (a certain brother seemed to be pretty damn untouchable by anything in that sidestory. Don't think he could win but he can definitely survive) a fight with Ajimu easy enough but am unsure on who would win.
As far as I know, the only Zaregoto character who can survive Anshinin is Crystal Kaiser, due to his nature of not losing no matter what happen, even if he can't win.
But then, it is arguable that his not losing nature is not going to apply if Anshinin uses 神の視点.
But I can't see anyone beating her. Orange Seed reign at the top in Zaregoto verse in terms of actual power, and I don't think she can even beat Misogi.

Last edited by shmaster; 2012-04-23 at 20:43.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 04:23   Link #8231
orangejuicetang
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 23
I might be only able to go by the translated text on the parody tcg cards released with the zerozaki novels, but couldn't Saitou Takashi [Humanity's Worst] and our favorite Ii-chan negate Ajimu's skills?
__________________
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 20:13   Link #8232
Guernsey
The GAP Man
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
The thing about power level disussions is that we are talking about different universes with different rules and different effects. Ajimu may win in some universes and lose in others but that is really up to the readers or authors who 'wins'.

We had better avoid these power level discussions, I had lurked in such boards and it is not pretty.
__________________
Guernsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 20:15   Link #8233
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Scotland, UK
Age: 22
Thank you...
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 20:45   Link #8234
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: WIGGINS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
The thing about power level disussions is that we are talking about different universes with different rules and different effects. Ajimu may win in some universes and lose in others but that is really up to the readers or authors who 'wins'.

We had better avoid these power level discussions, I had lurked in such boards and it is not pretty.
OBD
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 20:46   Link #8235
shmaster
The Hades
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
I might be only able to go by the translated text on the parody tcg cards released with the zerozaki novels, but couldn't Saitou Takashi [Humanity's Worst] and our favorite Ii-chan negate Ajimu's skills?
I have those cards, by trying to say they are cannon abilities would be a bad idea.
Humanity's Worst and Nonsense Player's actual abilities that was shown in the novel is much like Misogi, in his nature of making things go wrong just by being there. But neither Humanity's Worst and Nonsense Player's ability could out right bent reality.
Though, I would be overjoyed if Nisio can create a scenario were Misogi and Nonsense Player meets one another. It'll certainly be a deliciously painful encounter.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 22:43   Link #8236
orangejuicetang
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 23
Well, like I said, I can only go by those cards, since it doesn't look like the next books in the zaregoto series are going to be released in English in anytime soon, or that there will be anybody translating them anytime soon, so I'll apologize for the misinformation.

Although it is fun to imagine encounters between certain chars between the two verses, if only for the character interactions.
__________________
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 00:23   Link #8237
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: America.
Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Hm. I am only up to the start of the Flask Plan arc but I have a question based on what I have heard: this story arc is when it becomes a battle manga and after it finishes it goes meta for a bunch of genres, right?
__________________

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 03:20   Link #8238
MD84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
Hm. I am only up to the start of the Flask Plan arc but I have a question based on what I have heard: this story arc is when it becomes a battle manga and after it finishes it goes meta for a bunch of genres, right?
Yeah, pretty much. That's understating just how zany this series gets, especially past chapter 100 or so.
MD84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 03:23   Link #8239
novalysis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
Hm. I am only up to the start of the Flask Plan arc but I have a question based on what I have heard: this story arc is when it becomes a battle manga and after it finishes it goes meta for a bunch of genres, right?
Not exactly. There's still the Student Council Battle Arc coming up after the Flask Plan, which is still a Battle Shouen arc, though the characters are very, very genre savvy, and Shounen tropes are mocked at and deconstructed.

It's only in that arc after that that the action begins to slack off, and the series shifts into a very Meta Mockery of other genres, not just Shounen alone. From Slice of Life Yonkoma strips involving four Girls (like K-on, Lucky Star, etc) to "Boss" Characters. Largely driven by one very epic character.

Last edited by novalysis; 2012-04-24 at 04:06.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 04:00   Link #8240
Valid
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
"Akune Kouki".................. jkjk
Valid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.