AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-05-01, 13:17   Link #8501
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
The world is full of all types of annoying people.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 13:20   Link #8502
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Scotland, UK
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
The world is full of all types of annoying people.
Annoying individuals are fine, they can be ignored, annoying groups on the other hand...
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 13:22   Link #8503
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Ajimu's use of "never" reflects the fact that those are things which happen to a Main Character...while Devil Style inherently negates the concept of a "Main Character". It's not a fact that things like "bumping into a girl in the hallway" will never happen to Zenkichi again in his life (like, wtf, that'd be crazy); it's simply that such random meaningless events won't conveniently turn out to be things which are "important" to the story (like that girl turning out to be his love interest or something), and as such would never be shown.

Saying that Devil Style negates "Luck" or "Coincidence" in the way you've been using it simply takes it way too far...because when you come right down to it, "Coincidence" (or "Luck") can describe every single thing which has happened or will ever happen in the entire world. The meaning of coincidence is co-incidence as in "two (or more) things happening at the same time". If you're saying no "incidences" can ever happen together anymore, that would basically be the end/complete negation of all of reality.

Rather, it's obvious Ajimu was talking about a certain kind of coincidences--narrative coincidences, the kind of unrealistic bullshit that comes up when people make up a story. The things which you could never realistically expect in real life but accept in fiction because "hey, he's the main character". The things which, if you thought about it, are obviously too farfetched to happen in real life but which the author uses to force a certain "meaning" or "direction" into a story. Those are the only things "Devil Style" removes from around Zenkichi.
That's basically entirely your interpretation which is fine. Going by the words stated it implied what I said we'll see which way the story goes.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 13:24   Link #8504
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
Annoying individuals are fine, they can be ignored, annoying groups on the other hand...
Meh annoyance is a relative thing, while it's not fun when it happens to you and you can't do anything. It's still pretty hilarious in general when it's not you especially when it's purposeful.

Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 13:25   Link #8505
Guernsey
The GAP Man
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
Annoying individuals are fine, they can be ignored, annoying groups on the other hand...
some of those groups are trolls anyway but it is still hard to ignore them however.
__________________
Guernsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 13:26   Link #8506
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post

Ah...you just made my day...
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 13:27   Link #8507
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Ah...you just made my day...
I know right, when I saw that I just burst out laughing had to find some reason to share it.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 13:28   Link #8508
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Scotland, UK
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Meh annoyance is a relative thing, while it's not fun when it happens to you and you can't do anything. It's still pretty hilarious in general when it's not you especially when it's purposeful.

I know I should be responding to your comment but... How the hell is she doing that without seriously hurting her back!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
some of those groups are trolls anyway but it is still hard to ignore them however.
10 annoying voices are harder to drown out then a single one.
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 13:36   Link #8509
Lexxus
No you don't
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
Can we please stop talking about Zenkichi's supposed harem? It's seriously beginning to get on my nerves, and as rude as I tend to be normally, which isn't intentional by the way, when I start getting annoyed I start getting deliberately rude, and offensive and I'd very much like to avoid that if I can help that.
Eh? So, which one you don't want to talked about? Harem or simply Zen's harem? Because it seems you're fine talking about Kumagama's harem but when it comes to Zen you say the otherwise. Well, if you're fine with talking harem and just simply don't like others talking Zen's harem then please stop being a hypocrite.
__________________

my anime list kuroneko my manga list
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 13:42   Link #8510
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Scotland, UK
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Eh? So, which one you don't want to talked about? Harem or simply Zen's harem? Because it seems you're fine talking about Kumagama's harem but when it comes to Zen you say the otherwise. Well, if you're fine with talking harem and just simply don't like others talking Zen's harem then please stop being a hypocrite.
...Everyone in the world is a hypocrite to some degree, and I won't bother lying by saying I'm not. But still, there are plenty of other topics that could be discussed in the latest chapter, rather then "Ohy my god, Zen's got a harem and it's expanding".

I mean, does anybody know how Katana girl was able to cut a ship in half with her sword? Is her abnormality/Minus the ability to manipulate wind, to create an invisible extension to her sword? And how was it able cut through the ship in the first place?

And is she suicidal, since, she apparently doesn't have an escape plan, and just sank the ship she's standing on.
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 14:07   Link #8511
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
...Everyone in the world is a hypocrite to some degree, and I won't bother lying by saying I'm not. But still, there are plenty of other topics that could be discussed in the latest chapter, rather then "Ohy my god, Zen's got a harem and it's expanding".

I mean, does anybody know how Katana girl was able to cut a ship in half with her sword? Is her abnormality/Minus the ability to manipulate wind, to create an invisible extension to her sword? And how was it able cut through the ship in the first place?

And is she suicidal, since, she apparently doesn't have an escape plan, and just sank the ship she's standing on.
Just want to point out that...just because something can be discussed, doesn't mean people will drop a subject to discuss the other.

If you wanted to talk about those things then why not post them before? Start by pointing them out and the discussion will naturally flow.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 14:09   Link #8512
Xiyon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Meh annoyance is a relative thing, while it's not fun when it happens to you and you can't do anything. It's still pretty hilarious in general when it's not you especially when it's purposeful.

...I was listening to Marshmallow Justice when I saw this, and now I can't stop laughing XD She moves to the trumpets well o/

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
Can we please stop talking about Zenkichi's supposed harem? It's seriously beginning to get on my nerves, and as rude as I tend to be normally, which isn't intentional by the way, when I start getting annoyed I start getting deliberately rude, and offensive and I'd very much like to avoid that if I can help that.
Ignore us. Trust me; I'm pretty sure people here feel the same way about characters they don't like (and I'm no exception..). Just ignore and move along; it's our opinions and we're not forcing them on you ^_^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Actually your misinterpreating Devil style, it doesn't simply it doesn't simply revert the world back to real word probablity, it nullfies all coincidence. Meaning it's It's physically impossible for you to pick two red balls in a row. It doesn't reduce luck it removes it full stop. That's why it reality warps. It's completely fair, luck isn't a factor at all. That's what Aijimu means that you won't come up with battle plan at the end of a battle. That's why Aijimu said you will never come across a rival in a pinch. Normal luck their would there's still a chance regardless how small.

http://www.mangareader.net/medaka-box/138/20
http://www.mangareader.net/medaka-box/138/19

That's why Devil style creates an entirely fair match luck, doesn't factor at all. It constantly manipulates reality to prevent coincidences, all fiction selectively chooses removes cause. Neither are the natural states and and both actively reality warp.
Re-reading, re-reading o_-... It still sounds like my fate vs causality spiel argument, except just replace 'fate' with 'coincidence' xD;; Or, as Sol aptly put, 'narrative fate'. Hurm...should have thought of that term

Regardless, it still means Zenkichi can't injure Kumagawa, while the latter has free reign to do whatever he wants. I wouldn't say the match is entirely fair; Zenkichi's still a 'normal', and he'd be up against er...'mutants', I guess. Bookmaker would be leveling the playing field, though.

There's no fairer match than against yourself.

I'm all in favor of seeing if there is a feasible way of beating All Fiction, though. iirc, Medaka entered Perses Mode to beat it (or was that bookmaker, back in middle school?); Zenkichi doesn't have that luxury (or ability!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
True but it doesn't prevent purposeful panty shots. We still have Naze's love of stripping young girls.
This would also mean, if Zenkichi does score any pantyshots, it'll be the panties being removed in favor of more involving matters :B
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 14:11   Link #8513
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Scotland, UK
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
If you wanted to talk about those things then why not post them before? Start by pointing them out and the discussion will naturally flow.
Common sense escapes me when I get agitated, sorry.

Anyway, I wasn't paying attention to everyone's location but, how did the girl (I can't remember her name) manage to cut the ship in half, from end to end? I mean, how did she cut what was behind her? Was she just that close to the edge of the ship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post
Ignore us. Trust me; I'm pretty sure people here feel the same way about characters they don't like (and I'm no exception..). Just ignore and move along; it's our opinions and we're not forcing them on you ^_^;
Rather difficult to ignore what seems to be the majority of the thread, and the main discussion.
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 14:13   Link #8514
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
Common sense escapes me when I get agitated, sorry.

Anyway, I wasn't paying attention to everyone's location but, how did the girl (I can't remember her name) manage to cut the ship in half, from end to end? I mean, how did she cut what was behind her? Was she just that close to the edge of the ship?
Odly enough, the one or two pictures we have of the whole ship after it was cut just shows half the ship cut...then again the Titanic face/palmed an iceberg and ended up in half as well...
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 14:14   Link #8515
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Scotland, UK
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Odly enough, the one or two pictures we have of the whole ship after it was cut just shows half the ship cut...then again the Titanic face/palmed an iceberg and ended up in half as well...
Yeah, but it split up the side, where the iceberg had hit, not straight down the middle.

Which I suppose means that, the reason the ship split right down the middle, would be due to the weight of the ship falling apart. What I don't understand is, how it fell in on it's self, when logically, it should have fallen outwards.
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 14:18   Link #8516
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post
...I was listening to Marshmallow Justice when I saw this, and now I can't stop laughing XD She moves to the trumpets well o/



Ignore us. Trust me; I'm pretty sure people here feel the same way about characters they don't like (and I'm no exception..). Just ignore and move along; it's our opinions and we're not forcing them on you ^_^;



Re-reading, re-reading o_-... It still sounds like my fate vs causality spiel argument, except just replace 'fate' with 'coincidence' xD;; Or, as Sol aptly put, 'narrative fate'. Hurm...should have thought of that term

Regardless, it still means Zenkichi can't injure Kumagawa, while the latter has free reign to do whatever he wants. I wouldn't say the match is entirely fair; Zenkichi's still a 'normal', and he'd be up against er...'mutants', I guess. Bookmaker would be leveling the playing field, though.

There's no fairer match than against yourself.

I'm all in favor of seeing if there is a feasible way of beating All Fiction, though. iirc, Medaka entered Perses Mode to beat it (or was that bookmaker, back in middle school?); Zenkichi doesn't have that luxury (or ability!).



This would also mean, if Zenkichi does score any pantyshots, it'll be the panties being removed in favor of more involving matters :B
Medaka never fought All fiction, that was Bookmaker both times.

Also your missing the point of fair, but their is a way to actually a logic way to defeat Kumagawa, not sure if it'll ever be used. Kumagawa can't reverse All fiction meaning if he uses it onherself when he's fine he's fucked. The issue would be to use it on himself when he's fine.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 14:18   Link #8517
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
Yeah, but it split up the side, where the iceberg had hit, not straight down the middle.
Stop bringing logic into these discussions...makes them harder
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 14:21   Link #8518
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Scotland, UK
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Stop bringing logic into these discussions...makes them harder
...I thought discussions were supposed to be logical?
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 14:29   Link #8519
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
...I thought discussions were supposed to be logical?
Looking at it through an engineering and physics perspective you wouldn't be able to to get a clean split behind the source, but depending on the mass of both halfs, the speed at which they were separaed and precisely how much volume was behind her, their perhaps could be enough shear stress, depending on the specific young's modulus of the steel to cause a split, though ofcourse this would depending on dozens of factors to produce a reliable model. It's unlikely but I wouldn't say impossible. It obviously wouldn't be a clean split behind her.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 14:32   Link #8520
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
...I thought discussions were supposed to be logical?
I thought...shut up!

But seriously now
Spoiler for big:

If you look at this, you can see that the cut is only from the middle of the carrier. However they both say that it was cut in half and the floor also acts as such. My honest opinion...Nishio probably wanted it to be cut in half completely and Akatsuki probably thought it was good enough like this. Or something like that.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.