AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-05-01, 14:32   Link #8521
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Scotland, UK
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Looking at it through an engineering and physics perspective you wouldn't be able to to get a clean split behind the source, but depending on the mass of both halfs, the speed at which they were separaed and precisely how much volume was behind her, their perhaps could be enough shear stress, depending on the specific young's modulus of the steel to cause a split, though ofcourse this would depending on dozens of factors to produce a reliable model. It's unlikely but I wouldn't say impossible. It obviously wouldn't be a clean split behind her.
That's what I thought, but somehow, it is cleanly split behind her, so, maybe it's an indication as to her ability? Or, I guess it could just be a design choice by the artist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
But seriously now
Spoiler for big:

If you look at this, you can see that the cut is only from the middle of the carrier. However they both say that it was cut in half and the floor also acts as such. My honest opinion...Nishio probably wanted it to be cut in half completely and Akatsuki probably thought it was good enough like this. Or something like that.
So, artist choice then...
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 14:36   Link #8522
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
That's what I thought, but somehow, it is cleanly split behind her, so, maybe it's an indication as to her ability? Or, I guess it could just be a design choice by the artist.

So, artist choice then...
My guess anyway
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 14:41   Link #8523
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Scotland, UK
Age: 22
Also, shouldn't the ship be tilting towards the front, where all the water should be gathering? Because it looks like, despite the now cramped conditions, the ship is still level.
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 14:42   Link #8524
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Maybe it was a semi-circle cut, though lol if that messed up.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 14:45   Link #8525
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Scotland, UK
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Maybe it was a semi-circle cut, though lol if that messed up.
Would that mean there's not an actual hole in the hull?
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 14:48   Link #8526
Xiyon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Medaka never fought All fiction, that was Bookmaker both times.
My bad xD Though this would mean nobody's scored a win against All Fiction yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Also your missing the point of fair, but their is a way to actually a logic way to defeat Kumagawa, not sure if it'll ever be used. Kumagawa can't reverse All fiction meaning if he uses it onherself when he's fine he's fucked. The issue would be to use it on himself when he's fine.
So...Kumagawa basically can't 'turn to nothing' what he already turned to nothing?

As much as I dislike Kumagawa, credit where it's due; he's clever. Very clever, since he has to be in order to manage/cheat his 'wins'. To get Kumagawa to actively use AF on himself in that manner would require either mind control or some form of hypnotism, convincing reverse psychology, or a huge coincidence.

I somehow don't think Zenkichi's trained in the first two, and Devil Style...

Point is, Devil Style can't beat All Fiction, which actually does make sense, otherwise Medaka would have classified Zenkichi as another 'Joker'.

DS just isn't broken.

On another note, not to rain on the parade but, does being able to cut the carrier in half really matter? Or how it was cut? It just shows the suitor is formidable (no surprise there...).

I mean, this is Medaka Box; crazy stuff like this is commonplace o_0 Better yet, stunts like this is common for any sword-wielding character in the anime world, most especially in battle series.

Maybe "undead samurai girl" is really just that, an undead samurai girl.

undead = no cerebellar inhibitory signal so can go all out (think, Aikawa Ayumu)

samurai = self-explanatory...

girl = boobies instant-awesome. Because, y'know, this is Nisio (I'm basing this statement on Monogatari)
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 14:55   Link #8527
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Scotland, UK
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post
On another note, not to rain on the parade but, does being able to cut the carrier in half really matter? Or how it was cut? It just shows the suitor is formidable (no surprise there...).
Of course it matters, they should all be in the water, praying for a rescue, not cramped together, prepping for a fight.
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 14:56   Link #8528
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
Would that mean there's not an actual hole in the hull?
Lets stop applying physics to this, phsyics and manga don't go too well together. If she actully did a completely split the ship in one slice it'd need to be semi-circular as in one giant slice that splts the entire thing in two but obviously that would mess up her footing just as much as everyone elses yest somehow she's standing vertically in the middle of the origin of the split.

It's done for dramatics, just like how characters moving at supersonic/hypersonic speeds, don't cause sonic booms/catch fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post
My bad xD Though this would mean nobody's scored a win against All Fiction yet.



So...Kumagawa basically can't 'turn to nothing' what he already turned to nothing?

As much as I dislike Kumagawa, credit where it's due; he's clever. Very clever, since he has to be in order to manage/cheat his 'wins'. To get Kumagawa to actively use AF on himself in that manner would require either mind control or some form of hypnotism, convincing reverse psychology, or a huge coincidence.

I somehow don't think Zenkichi's trained in the first two, and Devil Style...

Point is, Devil Style can't beat All Fiction, which actually does make sense, otherwise Medaka would have classified Zenkichi as another 'Joker'.

DS just isn't broken.

On another note, not to rain on the parade but, does being able to cut the carrier in half really matter? Or how it was cut? It just shows the suitor is formidable (no surprise there...).

I mean, this is Medaka Box; crazy stuff like this is commonplace o_0 Better yet, stunts like this is common for any sword-wielding character in the anime world, most especially in battle series.

Maybe "undead samurai girl" is really just that, an undead samurai girl.

undead = no cerebellar inhibitory signal so can go all out (think, Aikawa Ayumu)

samurai = self-explanatory...

girl = boobies instant-awesome. Because, y'know, this is Nisio (I'm basing this statement on Monogatari)
Techincally Zenkichi can't be labelled as a joker regardless, because Joker is someone who can't die by regular means, none of Zenkichi's abilities afford him that regardless of if he could defeat someone on that level.

Technically Kumagawa could never hit Zenkichi anyway thx to parasite seeing and the fact Zenkichi managed to tag him even when he was blind. (assumming Zen was willing to use it on him).

But devil style managing to mess up All fiction reality warping capabilities because it was also a reality warper, was always iffy business. Consider Nisio gave some retarded ass reason why Kumagawa got all fiction back I'm not surprised by anything he does anymore.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 14:59   Link #8529
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Scotland, UK
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Lets stop applying physics to this, phsyics and manga don't go too well together. If she actully did a completely split the ship in one slice it'd need to be semi-circular as in one giant slice that splts the entire thing in two but obviously that would mess up her footing just as much as everyone elses yest somehow she's standing vertically in the middle of the origin of the split.

It's done for dramatics, just like how characters moving at supersonic/hypersonic speeds, don't cause sonic booms/catch fire.
If it was a Semi-Curricular cut, wouldn't she have needed to jump, and flip to manage it?

But yeah, attempting to apply logic and physics doesn't seem to work in this situation.
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 15:01   Link #8530
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
If it was a Semi-Curricular cut, wouldn't she have needed to jump, and flip to manage it?

But yeah, attempting to apply logic and physics doesn't seem to work in this situation.
Told ya
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 15:05   Link #8531
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Scotland, UK
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Told ya
Even if the people are immune to regular logic and physics, does everything else have to be as well?
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 15:18   Link #8532
Xiyon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
Of course it matters, they should all be in the water, praying for a rescue, not cramped together, prepping for a fight.
That's already applying real-world physics to the anime world, and even then the physics is all wrong.

Draw a free-body force diagram of the situation, taking into consideration where the carrier was cut, the force of the two halves exert by pressing against each other (as evidenced by how crazy chick tried to bring the team towards her), buoyancy, and friction; You'd find there are quite a lot of physical forces keeping the boat afloat. Let's assume this is a standard cruise liner/aircraft carrier, so it should weigh anywhere between 50k-100k tonnes. Ideally, the boat would sink until such time when the ocean 'exerts' an equal force that would keep the boat afloat, because the ocean has 'infinite' volume relative to the boat. However, there are people fighting on top, so that would shift the weight every so often. And, well, this is the ocean, so the waves would also disrupt the equilibrium, making the carrier sink. But these forces are very miniscule relative to the overall size of the system, and so the sinking would be gradual.

Point is, boats don't sink that quickly in real life. Otherwise, there wouldn't be any point in adding in lifeboats, would there, since people won't have time to run for them?
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 15:20   Link #8533
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
...Everyone in the world is a hypocrite to some degree, and I won't bother lying by saying I'm not. But still, there are plenty of other topics that could be discussed in the latest chapter, rather then "Ohy my god, Zen's got a harem and it's expanding".

I mean, does anybody know how Katana girl was able to cut a ship in half with her sword? Is her abnormality/Minus the ability to manipulate wind, to create an invisible extension to her sword? And how was it able cut through the ship in the first place?

And is she suicidal, since, she apparently doesn't have an escape plan, and just sank the ship she's standing on.
Oh geez. Sorry but you're just showing that you only want other people to discuss what you want. Which is why you react like that when someone said about Zen's harem. I bet you wouldn't react like that if they were talking about Kumagawa's harem, would you? Oh boy.

As for the discussion, others were talking the characters abilities, putting them in such situation and debating on how they can handle themselves. Which for me really makes the thread interesting for the last 5 pages or so because the guys were throwing out ideas and while one or two were agreeing or disagreeing to one or another.

PS. If you can't really stand others talking about Zen then I can help you ease your pain. Unsubscribe to this thread. Problem solve.
__________________

my anime list kuroneko my manga list
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 15:24   Link #8534
ziggi92
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
There is something I have been think about Devil Style suppose Zenkichi cannot control Devil Style willingly should he not have meet Medaka instead of Nienami since it is coincidence that he meet someone who has meet Medaka & would be her suitor meaning it is likely that Maguro gave the wrong indstructions to Medaka ship.
ziggi92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 15:34   Link #8535
Xiyon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggi92 View Post
There is something I have been think about Devil Style suppose Zenkichi cannot control Devil Style willingly should he not have meet Medaka instead of Nienami since it is coincidence that he meet someone who has meet Medaka & would be her suitor meaning it is likely that Maguro gave the wrong indstructions to Medaka ship.
The thing is, there was at least a 1 week lag before Zenkichi's team arrived at the carrier. Think Sol pointed this one out; that the carrier is there with crazy chick waiting means the Suitors were expecting pursuers. Crazy chick attacked first, so we can also assume the suitors want to get rid of the pursuers.

Maguro did lead the team to the right ship, but the Suitors have something else up their sleeves and planned accordingly (transporting Medaka's group elsewhere).

This doesn't have anything to do with DS. Zenkichi wants to save Medaka, and Maguro's still part of the Kurokami Group (and so has access to their resources). The 'coincidence' would be, as Zenkichi flies to the carrier, he sees the transport Medaka's on, and promptly chases after her (or something along those lines, anyways).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Techincally Zenkichi can't be labelled as a joker regardless, because Joker is someone who can't die by regular means, none of Zenkichi's abilities afford him that regardless of if he could defeat someone on that level.

Technically Kumagawa could never hit Zenkichi anyway thx to parasite seeing and the fact Zenkichi managed to tag him even when he was blind. (assumming Zen was willing to use it on him).

But devil style managing to mess up All fiction reality warping capabilities because it was also a reality warper, was always iffy business. Consider Nisio gave some retarded ass reason why Kumagawa got all fiction back I'm not surprised by anything he does anymore.
Agreed with your first two points, but your last one has an obvious flaw. ^_^;

That's exactly what DS prevents from happening; some retarded reason giving birth to a 'power-up' at the last moment. I don't think DS can 'evolve' the same way Kumagawa somehow used Bookmaker to re-make AF. At most, Zenkichi could probably switch the skill 'on' or 'off', or isolate its effects to one particular individual.

At the very least, there won't be any random power-ups in a Zenkichi battle. "If you're screwed, then you're screwed."

DS does exactly what Ajimu said (unless Nisio plays the 'Ajimu witheld part of the truth' card, which I doubt since she quoted Zenkichi's words).

Last edited by Xiyon; 2012-05-01 at 15:54.
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 16:09   Link #8536
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Scotland, UK
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post
Point is, boats don't sink that quickly in real life. Otherwise, there wouldn't be any point in adding in lifeboats, would there, since people won't have time to run for them?
I'm not saying the ship should have sunk quickly, I'm suggesting that the ship should have fallen outwards, instead of collapsing inwards.
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 16:22   Link #8537
Sol Falling
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
I'm not saying the ship should have sunk quickly, I'm suggesting that the ship should have fallen outwards, instead of collapsing inwards.
The cut wasn't shown to go all the way through the ship--i.e., it is sinking, but it doesn't seem to have been completely split into two (see the pic posted earlier). Accordingly, perhaps it's only the floor/top surface of the carrier which is collapsing inwards, not the entire ship.
__________________
Seasonal enjoyment ratings:
Stardust Crusaders 80/5 :: Sailor Moon Crystal 20/5 :: Hanayamata 28/5 :: Locodol 50/5 :: Yama no Susume 100/5 :: Sabagebu 28/5 :: Momo Kyun Sword 11/5
Fall: Sora no Method 21/5 :: Karen Senki 6/5 :: Cross Ange 1/5 :: Shirobako 22/5 :: Yuuki Yuuna 23/5 :: Mushishi S2 100/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Sonohana twitter follow campaign: mikajyo_info :: rewards (anime adaptation if they reach 50000!!)
Exceptional shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 16:32   Link #8538
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
The cut wasn't shown to go all the way through the ship--i.e., it is sinking, but it doesn't seem to have been completely split into two (see the pic posted earlier). Accordingly, perhaps it's only the floor/top surface of the carrier which is collapsing inwards, not the entire ship.
Lets simply not apply physics to this in order to do what you just described the the top surface area of the carrier would have to be ridiculously thin in comparison to what it needs to be and poorly supported. Plus the forces applied just don't work that way.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 16:32   Link #8539
Xiyon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
I'm not saying the ship should have sunk quickly, I'm suggesting that the ship should have fallen outwards, instead of collapsing inwards.
Except, well, crazy chick made sure to cut the ship so that it would collapse inwards (and draw the party towards herself). Feats like this aren't impossible or unheard of (in the anime world). If it eases your mind, she cut the ship along its mid-line; had she cut it along its horizontal cross-section, then the uneven weight distribution would have caused the ship to collapse outwards.

Really though, this question shouldn't even matter. I could poke fun at how impossible everyone's skills are in the Medaka Box world ~_~a Even Zenkichi running up a vertical wall with Emukae in his arms, while awesome, doesn't make sense, but that's really a trivial matter anyways o/
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 16:53   Link #8540
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Scotland, UK
Age: 22
Sometimes, I really hate Anime/Manga...
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.