AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-05-01, 18:39   Link #8561
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
Thanks for reminding me, now I need to go write a couple of Medaka/Kumagawa fics before I ragevomit.
Quick Xiyon! Let's find some MedakaxZen pictures for FFX!
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 18:41   Link #8562
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Scotland, UK
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Quick Xiyon! Let's find some MedakaxZen pictures for FFX!
You really don't want to challenge me to a picture battle. Trust me, I rarely lose.
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 18:42   Link #8563
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 18:46   Link #8564
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Scotland, UK
Age: 22
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 18:48   Link #8565
Xiyon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
So tempted to post my reply, but it's too rated All I can say is Medaka is Cute~! -looks at his avatar-
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 18:50   Link #8566
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Scotland, UK
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post
So tempted to post my reply, but it's too rated All I can say is Medaka is Cute~! -looks at his avatar-
Good thing I blocked your avatar then.

FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 18:52   Link #8567
Log
#YOLOSWAG
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: a icy hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
Good thing I blocked your avatar then.

You really hate Zen x Medaka don't you?

To bad Medaka x anyone else isn't going to happen.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 18:52   Link #8568
hyl
sneaking like a cat
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Standard shounen manga action adventure plot... *cough Bleach*
It's actually a much older common plotdevice/cliche, like in many stories of the ancient Greek and the Romans and it was probably present in folklores before that time (but i can't think of any at this moment).
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 18:53   Link #8569
Xiyon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
Good thing I blocked your avatar then.

No worries xD All this means is we've won

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
Thanks for reminding me, now I need to go write a couple of Medaka/Kumagawa fics before I ragequit the fandom. Again.
Like I said, go ahead XD At least the Medaka Box section will grow. On my part, I've got a certain fic to read, and a certain Kawaii Medaka to look forward to.

Randrak, any requests? I'm almost done with my Kujira/Zenkichi oneshot xD I'll get to writing more after my exams o_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
To bad Medaka x anyone else isn't going to happen.
That's the sad truth ;( but hey, that's what fandom is for ^_^
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 18:54   Link #8570
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Scotland, UK
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
You really hate Zen x Medaka don't you?

To bad Medaka x anyone else isn't going to happen.
Just because it's canon, doesn't mean I have to like it, and can't be pissed of about it.

I'm not delusional enough to think that anybody else with Medaka, or Zenkichi, stands a chance, but I can still skip over any pages that involve it, and if I have to, I will just skip over chapters completely.
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 18:57   Link #8571
Lexxus
No you don't
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
You really hate Zen x Medaka don't you?
Nah. To be more specific, he hates Zen more than anyone else. He don't want to read anything about Zen and just want the focus more on Kumagawa
__________________

my anime list kuroneko my manga list
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 18:57   Link #8572
Log
#YOLOSWAG
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: a icy hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
Just because it's canon, doesn't mean I have to like it, and can't be pissed of about it.

I'm not delusional enough to think that anybody else with Medaka, or Zenkichi, stands a chance, but I can still skip over any pages that involve it, and if I have to, I will just skip over chapters completely.
Eh, well I don't like Zen I think that skipping chapters is a little extreme. Besides the dialouge is pretty good and some things Zen does and says are amusing. Plus missed information.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 18:59   Link #8573
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Scotland, UK
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post
That's the sad truth ;( but hey, that's what fandom is for ^_^
Fake sympathy is blatantly fake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Nah. To be more specific, he hates Zen more than anyone else. He don't want to read anything about Zen and just want the focus more on Kumagawa
The hell are you talking about? Just because I find him boring, doesn't mean I hate him. Hell, I'd probably ship him with Emukae if they had a little more panel time together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
Eh, well I don't like Zen I think that skipping chapters is a little extreme. Besides the dialouge is pretty good and some things Zen does and says are amusing. Plus missed information.
I'm fairly confident that, any info I miss, will come up during a discussion here, so no problems there.

Besides, skipping pages/chapters is really just my last resort. It's said all the time on ff.net but, "Don't Like, Don't read." Although the people on ff.net don't seem to quite get what it means correctly.
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 19:01   Link #8574
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post
Randrak, any requests? I'm almost done with my Kujira/Zenkichi oneshot xD I'll get to writing more after my exams o_-
Yandere Medakax Zen with Shiranui as the instigator of jealousy? (The hate they had for each-other is delicious)
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 19:09   Link #8575
Sol Falling
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
You really hate Zen x Medaka don't you?

To bad Medaka x anyone else isn't going to happen.
I don't actually think Medaka x Zen is a 100% given...Nishio's trolled that pairing multiple times already, anyway. Of course Zen and Medaka's relationship is an enormous part of both of their characters but there's no suggestion that that absolutely has to be romantic in nature.

Medaka x Zen still remains the default assumptive pairing but it's not like their fans are sitting comfortable. There's lots of room for people to hope another outcome will turn up in some manner.
__________________
Seasonal enjoyment ratings:
HappinessCharge Precure 100/5 :: Stardust Crusaders 80/5 :: Mushishi S2 90/5 :: Akuma no Riddle: 15/5 :: Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san 24/5 :: GochiUsa 33/5 :: Soul Eater NOT! 18/5 :: Love Live! S2 80/5
Summer: Sailor Moon Crystal 20/5 :: Hanayamata 33/5 :: Locodol 30/5 :: Yama no Susume 60/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Yuri Precure otaku manga: Shinozaki-san ki wo ota shika ni
Awesome shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 19:12   Link #8576
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Scotland, UK
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
I don't actually think Medaka x Zen is a 100% given...Nishio's trolled that pairing multiple times already, anyway. Of course Zen and Medaka's relationship is an enormous part of both of their characters but there's no suggestion that that absolutely has to be romantic in nature.
I thought I was supposed to be the delusional one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Medaka x Zen still remains the default assumptive pairing but it's not like their fans are sitting comfortable. There's lots of room for people to hope another outcome will turn up in some manner.
A couple of speed bumps don't mean squat, anybody who's read a shounen manga before, should be able to see which way the winds blowing. A pairing can be canon, and still get trolled, you know.
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 19:25   Link #8577
Xiyon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
Fake sympathy is blatantly fake.
-shrugs- believe what you will. Your paranoia is quite clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Yandere Medakax Zen with Shiranui as the instigator of jealousy? (The hate they had for each-other is delicious)
o_- that bears some thought =o though I'll have to work on my Shiranui at some point xD

Anyways, it's live o/

And now I'm gonna go to sleep. Laters!
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 19:27   Link #8578
Sol Falling
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
I thought I was supposed to be the delusional one?

A couple of speed bumps don't mean squat, anybody who's read a shounen manga before, should be able to see which way the winds blowing. A pairing can be canon, and still get trolled, you know.
Of course "the wind is blowing" in Medaka x Zen's direction but that in no way makes it a clinch. From the very first chapter Shiranui identified Medaka and Zen's relationship as "twisted" or "unhealthy" so it's not like the story has ever presented a black and white picture of whether they should actually be together. You can say "Medaka x Zen is obvious", but what is the actual basis of their romantic relationship? From Medaka's perspective? From Zenkichi's perspective? Medaka x Zenkichi doesn't feel like a typical Nishio romance to me (hell, those tend to resolve in tragedy, anyway) so I don't particularly feel the need to count/bet on it.
__________________
Seasonal enjoyment ratings:
HappinessCharge Precure 100/5 :: Stardust Crusaders 80/5 :: Mushishi S2 90/5 :: Akuma no Riddle: 15/5 :: Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san 24/5 :: GochiUsa 33/5 :: Soul Eater NOT! 18/5 :: Love Live! S2 80/5
Summer: Sailor Moon Crystal 20/5 :: Hanayamata 33/5 :: Locodol 30/5 :: Yama no Susume 60/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Yuri Precure otaku manga: Shinozaki-san ki wo ota shika ni
Awesome shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 19:28   Link #8579
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Scotland, UK
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Of course "the wind is blowing" in Medaka x Zen's direction but that in no way makes it a clinch. From the very first chapter Shiranui identified Medaka and Zen's relationship as "twisted" or "unhealthy" so it's not like the story has ever presented a black and white picture of whether they should actually be together. You can say "Medaka x Zen is obvious", but what is the actual basis of their romantic relationship? From Medaka's perspective? From Zenkichi's perspective? Medaka x Zenkichi doesn't feel like a typical Nishio romance to me (hell, those tend to resolve in tragedy, anyway) so I don't particularly feel the need to count/bet on it.
What else has Nishio done? I don't usually bother to find out a mangaka's name, and read their other works.
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 19:30   Link #8580
Log
#YOLOSWAG
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: a icy hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
What else has Nishio done? I don't usually bother to find out a mangaka's name, and read their other works.
Kantanagatari and Bakamontagari, both light novel turned anime. Kantanagatari parodies most action anime and Bakamontagari parodies a little bit of everything. Despite that they both have solid stories, espically Kanatanagatari.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.