AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-05-01, 19:35   Link #8581
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
Kantanagatari and Bakamontagari, both light novel turned anime. Kantanagatari parodies most action anime and Bakamontagari parodies a little bit of everything. Despite that they both have solid stories, espically Kanatanagatari.
Bakemonogatari was awesome, and I think I have Katanagatari on my to watch list... Wait, AraragixHitagi ends in tragedy!? No!!!!!!
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 19:36   Link #8582
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
What else has Nishio done? I don't usually bother to find out a mangaka's name, and read their other works.
For English-available works, you've got Zaregoto, Bakemonogatari/Nisemonogatari and Katanagatari. Only Katanagatari is completed; Zaregoto has had two volumes officially translated (and it is unlikely there'll ever be any more, quite unfortunately) whereas the *monogatari series is presently sitting at two anime adaptations.

I'm unfamiliar with the later volumes of Zaregoto, but it is my understanding that
Spoiler for spoilers for Nishio series:
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Sonohana twitter follow campaign: mikajyo_info :: rewards (anime adaptation if they reach 50000!!)
Exceptional shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 19:52   Link #8583
FFXFan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
For English-available works, you've got Zaregoto, Bakemonogatari/Nisemonogatari and Katanagatari. Only Katanagatari is completed; Zaregoto has had two volumes officially translated (and it is unlikely there'll ever be any more, quite unfortunately) whereas the *monogatari series is presently sitting at two anime adaptations.

I'm unfamiliar with the later volumes of Zaregoto, but it is my understanding that
That's... depressing.
Old 2012-05-01, 19:54   Link #8584
Wolfenstein

Just...what is up with those glasses? I can't help but wonder If it has anything to do with Ajimu's Parasite Seeing which she lent to Zenkichi. Did Devil Style affect that skill somehow to make it change? Did Zen's new 'Zero' personality alter Parasite Seeing just as Kumagawa's 'Minus' altered Hundred Gauntlets?

Whatever the reason, I sure hope it's not just the author throwing something randomly to troll. Even then, it did enhance Zenkichi's pimp image even more.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 19:55   Link #8585
FFXFan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Just...what is up with those glasses? I can't help but wonder If it has anything to do with Ajimu's Parasite Seeing which she lent to Zenkichi. Did Devil Style affect that skill somehow to make it change? Did Zen's new 'Zero' personality alter Parasite Seeing just as Kumagawa's 'Minus' altered Hundred Gauntlets.
The glasses could be working like Tohno Shiki's, from Tsukihime.
Old 2012-05-01, 19:57   Link #8586
kenjtr

Just because in other works of author lovers didnt end up together this doesnt mean medaka box will also end like that also this is a shounen plus zenkichi has devil style which can change plot = fate . Also does this nishio guy always write same thing you guys are expecting same ending everytime isnt this idiotic .
Old 2012-05-01, 19:58   Link #8587
Wolfenstein

Thanks. That's a perfect example.
Old 2012-05-01, 20:24   Link #8588
FFXFan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
Just because in other works of author lovers didnt end up together this doesnt mean medaka box will also end like that also this is a shounen plus zenkichi has devil style which can change plot = fate . Also does this nishio guy always write same thing you guys are expecting same ending everytime isnt this idiotic .
...Dude, your manners are almost worse then mine.
Old 2012-05-01, 20:27   Link #8589
ziggi92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Standard shounen manga action adventure plot... *cough Bleach*
I know it is standard shounen manga action adventure plot in manga but
one thing of what Ajimu said about DS was you won't fight from weak to strongest in a tournament
meaning if we are likely to see manga version of super mario where
Zenkichi is going to fight the other suitors is not like a tournament where price is
Medaka so DS should do something about that but also about why he pump into girl
since Ajimu also said You won't pump into a girl around the corner so
so he should not have meet Nienami if DS was working but there is also downside which if he loses the fight then he mostly likely die or get very hurt since
Ajimu said when all is lost you won't come up with a strategy to turn the tables.

the chapter were I got info:

Spoiler for picture of info about DS:
ziggi92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 20:48   Link #8590
Cruor

Quote:

Actually, Zaregoto had one of those surprise happy endings (which was filled with nonsense as per usual in the story).

Spoiler:

And (I believe) most of the time he pairs up the main character and main heroine. Or at least, their love interest. Think the only time he isn't really doing that is the Sekai series. Where the big first MC (who's also the MC of the third book) is being more aimed at his sister as his love interest (though I personally like him and Byoinzaka XD). Oh and Ningen series.

Last edited by Cruor; 2012-05-01 at 20:59.
Cruor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 20:57   Link #8591
telamont

Just read the new chapter, thought Zen was looking pretty boss there (for once).

Dropped by the forum to see how Zen fans are celebrating, and I see...

ALL THE SUITORS ARE GOING TO JOIN ZENKICHI'S HAREM!!!!

Oh, Zen fans, you guys never fail to go diagonally above and beyond my expectations and keep me entertained.

About the upcoming fight though, sword girl seems quite strong, how do you think it'll go? I'm assuming Zen will avoid everything with Parasite Seeing and beat her down with Savate. Which brings me to my next point...

How would you guys feel about that? Many of you claim that you like Zen because he's the average joe who succeeds with HARD WORK. But if he ends up winning all his battles in the future mostly thanks to a combination of Parasite Seeing and Devil Style, wouldn't that make him an average joe who succeeds because a godlike being just got bored one day and randomly decided to hand out power ups?

Personally I'm hoping to see more of what I saw in this chapter, that team work and little bit of mind game was fun. "I'm going to fight you one on one...NOT! Everyone, jump her while her guard is down!" ...But that's probably more Kumagawa's schtick.

I predict...hey, might as well join the fun...Zen will use his AWESOME Parasite Seeing to avoid all her attacks LIKE A BOSS, beat the shit out of her (in a gentlemanly way) with his SUPER Savate, give a RIGHTEOUS and ROUSING speech when he's done to make her fall head over heels for him, and when all is said and done, will have freed Medaka from her unwanted suitors by making them all into his PERSONAL HAREM .

For the record, I honestly expect some toned down variation of this. Let's hope Nisiosin does not decide to make me look like an idiot next chapter and have Devil Style remove all plot armor, which leads to Zenkichi going the same route as the perverts and getting shanked.

Still, the mere possibility of things like that happening is what keeps me reading this manga. What can I say, I love unpredictability in my fiction.
telamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 20:59   Link #8592
novalysis

Quote:

That throw's Kumagawa's words "What if she (Medaka) dies tomorrow in sharper relief." Knowing Nisio, I'm sure he doesn't have compunctions killing, parodying and commenting on the concept of the death of one of the main protagonists.

Will Medaka Box have a tragic ending?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 21:03   Link #8593
FFXFan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
That throw's Kumagawa's words "What if she (Medaka) dies tomorrow in sharper relief." Knowing Nisio, I'm sure he doesn't have compunctions killing, parodying and commenting on the concept of the death of one of the main protagonists.

Will Medaka Box have a tragic ending?
If Medaka dies, I imagine Kumagawa just trolling everyone by letting them think her death is permanent, let them grieve, and then showing up at the funeral, and using All Fiction to bring her back.
Old 2012-05-01, 22:09   Link #8594
kenjtr

Its not like devil style gives zenkichi an advantage it just lets him fight enemy in equal graund and since zenkichi is a person who doesnt depend on luck and calculate all odds ( unlike medaka who reacted uzens bomb less then a second ) this ablity is perfect for him , for example if unzen bombed student council now medaka wouldnt be able to do that asspull because of devil style but zenkichi who calculated unzens moves would be in a advantage .

I think zenkchi gave parasite seeing back to ajimu or he sealed it by glasses either way he doesnt seem to depend it , he also never used it in medaka but if he used it making medaka fall for hm would be so much easier . Zenkichi isnt an unfair guy and he knows if he doesnt trust medaka it wont be real love , zenkchis ability is his pesimism which lets him think all the bad odds .
Old 2012-05-01, 22:11   Link #8595
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

...and then he'll state that he's marrying her, carries her off and leaving the Kumagawa fans having epic seizures from the 'awesomeness'... Only for Ajimu to troll HIM by switching bodies with him (It's one of her skills, I swear), who then hands her over to ...
Old 2012-05-02, 00:54   Link #8596
Tenchi Hou Take

I wouldn't say permanent death is remotely an issue n this series... we have both Aijimu and Kumagawa who ca't die and can ressurect others. I would actually be pretty shitty story telling to imply any of the major characters "died" since it will lack tension and while have barely any real importance. It'll be like deaths in DBZ...
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 05:43   Link #8597
Wolfenstein

How would Devil Style even help Zenkichi in this fight? It's absolutely detrimental to you if you're weaker than your opponent and can't defeat him/her truthfully.
Old 2012-05-02, 06:00   Link #8598
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
devil style should make the stronger person win, even if it's by a paper thin margin
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 06:05   Link #8599
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

This is what I get for sleeping!? A page of unanswered (by me) posts!?
Ah screw it...

I read somewhere about a new Zen Harem believer? Welcome to the family!

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 06:08   Link #8600
Wolfenstein

Which is one of the reasons why I love that guy. Dude actually had the balls to dispense being basically God himself because he wanted to live in a reality that was forged by him and not by luck or some miracle.

I don't know if he'll win or lose, he did say the girl was on a different level than him. But he's like the Batman of medaka box, for lack of a better term. He'll probably use the usual combination of will + effort to win. Or he'll lose. Devil Style makes things so much more fun, dosen't it?

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council