AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-05-03, 13:30   Link #8641
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Neh I doubt Shiranui could have done that, otherwise she would of a looong time ago. Remember she was willing to join Kumagawa's side while full knowing how much Zen hates him, the fact she hasn't tried pretty much means she couldn't and so wanted to keep the current relationship.
You're underestimating her.

Besides, she joined Kumagawa's side because she thought it would amusing, and to help set up the battle between Medaka and Kumagawa.
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 13:33   Link #8642
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
You're underestimating her.

Besides, she joined Kumagawa's side because she thought it would amusing, and to help set up the battle between Medaka and Kumagawa.
And so that stops her from manipulating Zen into loving her (how does that even work?) how?

Zen was willing to sacrifice himself to take the guy out. There couldn't possibly be a bigger betrayal.
Tenchi Hou Take is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 13:34   Link #8643
Wolfenstein

Yea, I doubt Shiranui would actively try to manipulate Zenkichi into it, if it would succeed that's a different matter. My guess is that she was just trying to make him come to that conclusion by becoming friends, which worked until a point, that point being she became his best friend.

Plus she would get to enjoy the company.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 13:38   Link #8644
FFXFan13

Quote:
And so that stops her from manipulating Zen into loving her (how does that even work?) how?
How does what work? And all I was doing was pointing out why she joined Kumagawa. Maybe she just doesn't have romantic feelings for him? It is for a boy and a girl to be friends with each other, without romance being a port of it you know.
Quote:
Zen was willing to sacrifice himself to take the guy out. There couldn't possibly be a bigger betrayal.
Zen said he didn't care, remember?
Old 2012-05-03, 13:40   Link #8645
Wolfenstein

You're kidding, right? Are we reading the same manga?

And he didn't care because he knew she was planing something, as usual. He was angry as shit because he thought his friend was being forced into something she didn't want.
Old 2012-05-03, 13:42   Link #8646
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
How does what work? And all I was doing was pointing out why she joined Kumagawa. Maybe she just doesn't have romantic feelings for him? It is for a boy and a girl to be friends with each other, without romance being a port of it you know.

Zen said he didn't care, remember?
You stated if she wanted to be his girl friend she would be. Considering she's a person shown to do whatever the hell she wants at all times (including several moments of screwing him over), it gives you can insight that perhaps she doesn't consider it possible even if she tried.

Let alone the riduclous claim that if she tried she would automatically succeed. Read your own damn posts.
Old 2012-05-03, 13:43   Link #8647
FFXFan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
You're kidding, right? Are we reading the same manga?
Which part are you referring too?
Quote:
And he didn't care because he knew she was planing something, as usual. He was angry as shit because he thought his friend was being forced into something she didn't want.
That's what I said, only I didn't bother adding the context.
Quote:
Read your own damn posts.
I am, it's your posts I'm having a hard time understanding.
Old 2012-05-03, 13:46   Link #8648
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
If she wanted to be hgis girfriend, she would be by now, she's just that good. So either she's fine with things as they are, or, she has too much respect for Zenkichi to manipulate the situation into one where he falls for her.
Tell me are you honestly saying you don't see the blatant flaws of this statement?
Old 2012-05-03, 13:48   Link #8649
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Which part are you referring too?
The one where Shiranui isn't into Hitoyoshi.

Quote:
That's what I said, only I didn't bother adding the context.
So what was the point? I mean, the premise Shiranui would try to manipulate Zenkichi into loving her continues to be unrealistic.
Old 2012-05-03, 13:49   Link #8650
FFXFan13

Quote:
Tell me are you honestly saying you don't see the blatant flaws of this statement?
I see a spelling mistake, but, that's about it. Why don't you explain the problem to me then? Because, as far as I can tell, you seem to think I'm over estimating her.
Quote:
The one where Shiranui isn't into Hitoyoshi.
I think the only time she's expressed romantic interest in him, was when she said he was too sweet for her to stomach, and that doesn't necessaries have to imply she loves him.
Quote:
So what was the point? I mean, the premise Shiranui would try to manipulate Zenkichi into loving her continues to be unrealistic.
Just because she wouldn't do it, doesn't mean she can't do it.
Old 2012-05-03, 13:53   Link #8651
Wolfenstein

That's because you...are? Look, Shiranui is a master at manipulating situations but the whole premise of her relationship with Hitoyoshi is that she acts differently with him because he trusts her completely, and, well because she wants to get some.

If the manipulation would even succeed(kinda impossible, seeing as he loves Medaka) and not destroy her friendship with him(which, is obviously something she'd hate) is a different matter.
Old 2012-05-03, 13:54   Link #8652
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
I see a spelling mistake, but, that's about it. Why don't you explain the problem to me then? Because, as far as I can tell, you seem to think I'm over estimating her.

I think the only time she's expressed romantic interest in him, was when she said he was too sweet for her to stomach, and that doesn't necessaries have to imply she loves him.

You cannot assume someone can force someone else to go out with them, and do you honestly think if Shiranui truly liked Zenkichi that she simply never tried to go out with him on a whim? Going by her personality she most certainly would have a tried, the only reason she wouldn't would be fear of rejection. Either that or she's playing the slow and steady game.
Old 2012-05-03, 13:58   Link #8653
FFXFan13

Ok, clearly I'm missing something, has she explicitly said she likes him in that way? Which page was it? If she's not, then it's just speculation on your part, don't treat it like it's canon.
Old 2012-05-03, 13:59   Link #8654
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Well, there's that, but then there's the blatent instance.

Spoiler:

Quote:
She can manipulate the situations all she wants, she can't force Hitoyoshi to love her(as much as I'd want to). He loves Medaka, remember? Or even force him to go out with her. She's getting close to him as an attempt for that, maybe.
Old 2012-05-03, 14:03   Link #8655
FFXFan13

Quote:
Well, there's that, but then there's the blatent instance.

Spoiler:
While that first page doesn;t really mean anything, the second one is close enough.
Quote:
She can manipulate the situations all she wants, she can't force Hitoyoshi to love her(as much as I'd want to). He loves Medaka, remember? Or even force him to go out with her. She's getting close to him as an attempt for that, maybe.
She could manipulate a situation where, falling in love with her, would be possible.

Well, she could have before DS anyway.
Old 2012-05-03, 14:05   Link #8656
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
While that first page doesn;t really mean anything, the second one is close enough.

She could manipulate a situation where, falling in love with her, would be possible.

Yeah that's not how shit works. I don't remotely even know where you got that idea from.
Old 2012-05-03, 14:06   Link #8657
Wolfenstein

Quote:

Doubt she can manipulate emotions like that. And hey it's not like she isn't trying. I can't count how many times the text state they've gone out to eat or went home toguether and shit. She's already the best friend, remember?

But ok, it's your opinion. I respect that.
Old 2012-05-03, 14:08   Link #8658
FFXFan13

She can't manipulate emotions, true, but she can create a situation, where those emotions can be invoked or created.
Old 2012-05-03, 14:10   Link #8659
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
She can't manipulate emotions, true, but she can create a situation, where those emotions can be invoked or created.
Anyone can do that, just because you make the most romantic situation in existence doesn't automatically mean said person will fall in love with you. Especially when said person has been in love with someone else for what the last 10 years and seemingly doesn't look at you that way?
Old 2012-05-03, 14:12   Link #8660
Wolfenstein

Hey. It's not like she hasn't tried. It might be subtle but there's multiple instances of them going out to eat and walking home toguether and stuff(Zenkichi even considers going to her house after school because he hadn't talked to her lately).

I mean, might just be me, but all that she apparently didn't do was come clean about what she wants.

But unfortunately, seems that the author is keeping it strictly Medaka/Zenkichi. Which, admitedly i'm beguinning to grow fonder of now that Medaka has finally become likeable(to me), but it's a little too late for me. I'd still prefer Zenkichi and someone else.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council