AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-05-10, 08:01   Link #8901
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
Discussing again about rankings and character preferences, you guys are tiresome.
Same old since Westlo brought it up, but it was kinda enlightening, considering I realised just how little the shit rankings mean in regards to Medaka Box considering it sales means unless it somehow dramatically drops down, which is highly unlikely at this point there's pretty much zero risk of cancellation.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 08:05   Link #8902
Sol Falling

The volume sales are something like 170k per volume as reported by Oricon, or 3 million over 12 volumes as of late 2011 as reported by press releases. Decent sales for sure, if a little stagnant considering that Medaka Box was already up to selling 100k per volume as of Vol. 2.

Regarding Medaka Box's performance throughout the Minus Arc, I don't mean to imply that none of the chapters fared well. It still had the occasional chapters jumping up to 6th or 7th place, and quite a few stretches of higher averages than most of the other arcs. It's just that it also wasn't uncommon for the series to dip back into the bottom 5 or even stay there for quite some time (8 chapters in a row in the bottom 5 at worst, versus 6 chapters in a row outside of it at best), so at best you could call it inconsistent.
HappinessCharge Precure 100/5 :: Stardust Crusaders 80/5 :: Mushishi S2 90/5 :: Akuma no Riddle: 15/5 :: Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san 24/5 :: GochiUsa 33/5 :: Soul Eater NOT! 18/5 :: Love Live! S2 80/5
Summer: Sailor Moon Crystal 20/5 :: Hanayamata 33/5 :: Locodol 30/5 :: Yama no Susume 60/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Yuri Precure otaku manga: Shinozaki-san ki wo ota shika ni
Awesome shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 08:11   Link #8903
K. Shiruto

Rankings are meaningless, over 100k per volume makes a hypothetical cancellation non-viable and impossible. Even if the series stayed in bottom 5 forever (not gonna happen) sales is what matters in the end.
K. Shiruto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 11:18   Link #8904
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Curse you Bakuman! You've taught us so much, yet now all we see are rankings and sales numbers! Grrrr! [/exaggeration]

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 11:26   Link #8905
Tenchi Hou Take

Full raws are out.

fucking crazy ass girl is fucking crazy. All in all surpringly good fight.

Last edited by Tenchi Hou Take; 2012-05-10 at 11:41.
Old 2012-05-10, 12:44   Link #8906
NeoDoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Full raws are out.

fucking crazy ass girl is fucking crazy. All in all surpringly good fight.

Could you pls send me a link to the RAW, cannot wait for cxc to translate this one! I will be morbid if Zenkichi's "Devil Style" was eaten by Shiranuis "real eater"!!!! Devil Style is my favorite skill in this whole Mary Sue manga.
NeoDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 13:00   Link #8907
peterim09

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoDoom View Post
Could you pls send me a link to the RAW, cannot wait for cxc to translate this one! I will be morbid if Zenkichi's "Devil Style" was eaten by Shiranuis "real eater"!!!! Devil Style is my favorite skill in this whole Mary Sue manga.
http://www.mcanime.net/manga_enlinea...s/373377/1#ver
peterim09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 13:02   Link #8908
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Screw you guys...here I am trying to resist the temptation and you go ahead and post links to the full RAW D:
I hate yall

Except Tenchi...cause he mah homeboy

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 13:12   Link #8909
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterim09 View Post
I'd put that in spoiler tags as posting links to raws might be against the rules. Scans should either be soon today or tomorow though their "schedule" did state today...
Old 2012-05-10, 13:30   Link #8910
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

I really want to know the reason for Zenkichi's hair-color change.
And it's good to see a straightforward battle between fists and weapons (yet, the oddest feeling of deja vu keeps invading me while seeing the battle).
Old 2012-05-10, 13:37   Link #8911
K. Shiruto

Mother of god, that had got to hurt a fucking lot.
K. Shiruto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 13:40   Link #8912
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
Mother of god, that had got to hurt a fucking lot.
Spoiler for just in case:
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 13:46   Link #8913
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Spoiler for just in case:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2012-05-10, 14:21   Link #8914
Last Carpet

Spoiler for my thoughts:
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 14:22   Link #8915
Cruor

iirc the chapters that started the Zen arc (118 I think? The 2 or 3 chapters where he had the shit beaten out of him by Medaka and was given the speech by Ajimu) were among the highest rated in the series' history. Its just the next few weeks didn't deliver as well as it should (well, more like every series at the time was revealing huge plots. So its more like it couldn't keep up with the other shit that was rolling with it).
Cruor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 17:59   Link #8916
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
iirc the chapters that started the Zen arc (118 I think? The 2 or 3 chapters where he had the shit beaten out of him by Medaka and was given the speech by Ajimu) were among the highest rated in the series' history. Its just the next few weeks didn't deliver as well as it should (well, more like every series at the time was revealing huge plots. So its more like it couldn't keep up with the other shit that was rolling with it).
When talking about rankings you have to remember that the actual chapters each ranking corresponds to is 7 chapters back due to the delay. Also, you can't count colour pages. The chapters that started the Zen arc were "decent" (13th, 8th, etc.) but Medaka Box's actual best chapter was ch. 114 at 4th.
HappinessCharge Precure 100/5 :: Stardust Crusaders 80/5 :: Mushishi S2 90/5 :: Akuma no Riddle: 15/5 :: Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san 24/5 :: GochiUsa 33/5 :: Soul Eater NOT! 18/5 :: Love Live! S2 80/5
Summer: Sailor Moon Crystal 20/5 :: Hanayamata 33/5 :: Locodol 30/5 :: Yama no Susume 60/5
Old 2012-05-10, 18:01   Link #8917
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
When talking about rankings you have to remember that the actual chapters each ranking corresponds to is 7 chapters back due to the delay. Also, you can't count colour pages. The chapters that started the Zen arc were "decent" (13th, 8th, etc.) but Medaka Box's actual best chapter was ch. 114 at 4th.
Umm we don't actually know the delay, so you can't really state that either. We just know there's a delay. Hell we don't even really know the time period of voting, if several weeks worth our allowed, then obviously the rankings wouldn't be influenced by single chapter but more a period of time. Even if it was just in regards to that chapter. The overall lack of information about ToC makes pining pointing chapters of popularity worthless, you can only really use it to judge arcs and mini arcs.
Old 2012-05-10, 22:29   Link #8918
[HearT]

hmm...is it just me or is devil style now ineffective? Zenkichi was able to dodge the blade by the 'width of a hair', and also miss Ruki ended up being the 'weakest' of the suitors... so either zenkichi can turn off its effect, or he somehow got rid of it~

I prefer zenkichi's hair black♥
[HearT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 22:35   Link #8919
kingstonbeer

good lord that naze face
kingstonbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 22:46   Link #8920
Sol Falling

New chapter out...in the process of reading it, first I've been poring over the information page ("Media Box" lol).

Not that much new stuff, first just some novel summary information...Medaka's speech bubble confirms that Kuguhara-sensei (the male on the right) is/was? her homeroom teacher for first year. Incidentally regarding that: a little while back when I was browsing through the Minus arc recently I came across the section where Kumagawa/Class -13 took over the second year Class 13 classroom. The reason it was available (as Shiranui informed them) was because none of the second year Class 13 students come to school...however, as for first year Class 13 and third year Class 13, the sole students who did come in each of those years were Medaka and Hinokage respectively. Point being: Medaka has always been in Class 13, but she (used to be?) the only one who came to class. If Kuguhara Messhi was her homeroom teacher, then, they must have had some really interesting conversations.

Anyway, the big thing which caught my attention: Kumagawa's gonna be on the cover of the next issue of Jump Next! Is there gonna be another oneshot or something? Somebody with better Japanese than me should confirm.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council