AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-06-20, 23:01   Link #9681
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Not in this chapter, though. His personality chance is already kinda done. This is just new Kumagawa in action.

Well, aside from Kumagawa apparently winning at something, the only other somehwat redeeming trait of this chapter, is that at least Nishio isn't leading Emukae's character on or anything, and was blunt about his settings.

It just so happens what he is so blunt about is just so...bad.
She learned to be a minus, to not get sad or angry when life craps on her.
She learned to smile in the face of utter defeat. That sir, is development enough for me.

tbh I'm more interested in what wanizuka's deal is. So far her role has been being a dope.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 23:07   Link #9682
Wolfenstein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
That's last chapter's deal. This chapter was only a brief showing of what she learned in practice to add in Zenkichi's decision to the mix and resolve the feelings between them.

Last edited by Wolfenstein; 2012-06-21 at 00:24.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 23:12   Link #9683
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Yes, Kumagawa should never meet with Adam Blade...

Ok so...things about the chapter...

First of, EmukaexZen is pretty much dead (as well as Zenxanyone other than Medaka) though we pretty much figured that already for a while (fanfics it is then!)

While I don't get Zen's rejection (the unnecessary seppuku) I do at least like the fact that he states what he likes so openly and outright rejects any other girl despite actually being able of getting a harem (as opposed to...some Rom, romcom and harem characters we know...)

So...Kuma was banking on having Emukae fall for him afterward? huh...

The suitor chick tried really hard to make herself look like a bitch didn't she? Guess she's what Medaka would have turned out as if she weren't nice and met Zen...personality wise.

Another language user who's moves are all pretty confusing to me...then again I can't read Japanese so...yea...I'll just nod and smile...

And finally...Kumagawa owning her was predictable since he appeared last chapter, some people were predicting the council to regroup and team up against her but you just know that if Kumagawa shows up then he'll pretty much take over the show.
Though I did like the way he beat her, I mean...it's always cool to see him use something other than All Fiction in a fight and I always loved Bookmaker. It's pretty OP by itself though it depends on who it is used on and the suitor just seemed pretty much defeated once her superiority vanished. I liked that Nishio played her as super strong but also incredibly arrogant which makes the fact that she was psychologically broken by Bookmaker taking her superiority much more believable.

Overall...eehhh...can't say I'm very happy with the chapter, though a bit more than last chapter. I still believe that Kumagawa showing up now wasn't the best of ideas...but meh.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 23:14   Link #9684
Wolfenstein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
So...Kuma was banking on having Emukae fall for him afterward? huh...
It still might happen.

Edit: Rand, he probably used All-Fiction to reduce the 'time' between his movements to nothing. It's doubtful someone 'weak' like him could severly blitz the strongest suitor like that otherwise.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 23:21   Link #9685
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
It still might happen.
I just hope it's not something that happens right now...maybe show us later that she started liking him but snapping from Zen to Kuma like that seems pretty stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Edit: Rand, he probably used All-Fiction to reduce the 'time' between his movements to nothing. It's doubtful someone 'weak' like him could severly blitz the strongest suitor like that otherwise.
Eh...probably, but the fact that he beat her with Bookmaker is what I thought was cool about the fight.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 23:24   Link #9686
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
This chapter reminded me of why I liked Kumagawa to begin with, and that was a good thing. It's also a good thing that Nisio wrapped up Zen and Emukae so quickly rather than drag it out forever... and speaking from my own shipping perspective, I'm glad that Kikaijima appeared as part of Kumagawa's harem. At least she's not being completely ignored.

Still I'm... kind of wondering what direction this can go in now that we have a Joker again.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 23:24   Link #9687
Wolfenstein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I just hope it's not something that happens right now...maybe show us later that she started liking him but snapping from Zen to Kuma like that seems pretty stupid.



Eh...probably, but the fact that he beat her with Bookmaker is what I thought was cool about the fight.
I agree on both accounts. Kumagawa definitely redeemed some parts of this whole ordeal, but since most people don't really like Medaka to begin with, Nishio knows he's not really giving the majority of the readers what they want.

I can also appreciate the fact that Nishio isn't going to drag Emukae's character around if she has no shot, but the better option would've been ditching Medaka after some long development when the BWF is resolved. Sadly, this chapter pretty much set in stone: Medaka is untouchable.

Last edited by Wolfenstein; 2012-06-20 at 23:37.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 23:39   Link #9688
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
I agree on both accounts. Kumagawa definitely redeemed some parts of this whole ordeal, but since most people don't really like Medaka to begin with, Nishio knows he's not really giving the majority of the readers what they want.

I can also appreciate the fact that Nishio isn't going to drag Emukae's character around if she has no shot, but the better option would've been ditching Medaka after some long development when the BWF is resolved. Sadly, this chapter pretty much set in stone, Medaka is untouchable.
We'll always have fanfics

Not my favorite pick of final girl but happy that Zen is being assertive about the whole thing. Tired of main characters who say they like someone but go all derp the second another girl so much as looks at them.
And yes it's pretty much set in stone that Zen will only have eyes for Medaka...now watch Nishio troll us and have Medaka reject him and fall for another xD
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 23:41   Link #9689
Wolfenstein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Bwahahahaha. Yea.

It would've been better if Zenkichi thought he could give Emukae a chance, but at least Nishio's being upfront about no-one else having a chance and resolving that. And that's a good thing.

But yes. Prepare for the immeninet troll that will no doubt come.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 23:44   Link #9690
Sarun
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
And, really, not to anyone out of the anime world. Is there a single Medaka Box fan out there(generalizing~) who likes Medaka above the other girls? They're so much superior.
You know quite well now that there are probably quite a few even in this thread.

Heck, I think most people who voted her in last 2 polls most probably like her above other girls.
__________________
Avatar by Daisy Phantom of Zerochan
Sarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 23:51   Link #9691
Wolfenstein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
No, I seriously don't. And even If I knew, I wouldn't be able to understand it.

And, personally, I don't really count the 900~1000 subscribers of Shounen Jump. Unfortunately, Japan wouldn't really know much quality if it bit them in the face. They mostly go for the fanservice. Which, is their reason for liking a character, so more power to them.

Even now Medaka continues to be an unliked/unlikeable character that still very much borders on Mary Sue. To me, and I'd probably wager the majority of the fanbase, though that's mostly guesswork from where I've been around. I'm sure, someone, somewhere, maybe even here, likes her just fine. But you can't really tell me she's a decently liked character around the entire international community.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 00:00   Link #9692
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Somebody just got screwed.... by mistake, yeah.
but it wasn't his fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Bwahahahaha. Yea.

It would've been better if Zenkichi thought he could give Emukae a chance, but at least Nishio's being upfront about no-one else having a chance and resolving that. And that's a good thing.

But yes. Prepare for the immeninet troll that will no doubt come.
Zenchi confess, Medaka turns him down
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 00:02   Link #9693
Wolfenstein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Zenchi confess, Medaka turns him down
It will probably be for the most trivial of reasons too.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 00:02   Link #9694
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Metro Manila, Philippines
Age: 33
Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
It will probably be for the most trivial of reasons too.
It would be a bit of an ironic reversal, given how Zen turned Medaka down as a kid. Does he remember that little bit now, though?
__________________
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 00:06   Link #9695
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
The fact he pretty much will never actually love someone else. That was unknown to us.

And, really, not to anyone out of the anime world. Is there a single Medaka Box fan out there(generalizing~) who likes Medaka above the other girls? They're so much superior.
Medaka is my favourite female character, so there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
No, I seriously don't. And even If I knew, I wouldn't be able to understand it.

And, personally, I don't really count the 900~1000 subscribers of Shounen Jump. Unfortunately, Japan wouldn't really know much quality if it bit them in the face. They mostly go for the fanservice. Which, is their reason for liking a character, so more power to them.
Yeah, so insulting an entire country is so sensible...

Quote:
Even now Medaka continues to be an unliked/unlikeable character that still very much borders on Mary Sue. To me, and I'd probably wager the majority of the fanbase, though that's mostly guesswork from where I've been around. I'm sure, someone, somewhere, maybe even here, likes her just fine. But you can't really tell me she's a decently liked character around the entire international community.
I'm sure plenty of people like Medaka. Some people on forums DO NOT equal everyone, or even a majority.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 00:07   Link #9696
[HearT]
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Hahah! Akatsuki made an error~ on the first page he forgot to have Emukae's hair left short xD
[HearT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 00:09   Link #9697
Wolfenstein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
It would be a bit of an ironic reversal, given how Zen turned Medaka down as a kid. Does he remember that little bit now, though?
Nope, he dosen't remember at all Medaka's proposal. He does remember she asked him something, though.

And you're pretty much right. If he's going for the all-out troll, It will be a reversal, no doubt. It will be ironic and will probably be for something so trivial and ordinary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape
Medaka is my favourite female character, so there.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 00:29   Link #9698
summers
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Even though I understand what Zen did. Even though I knew what it would come to. Even though I agreed with it and wanted it to be done with. When Zen told her to come over so he can reject her epicly the first thing that came to my mind during and after was "Zen you fucking dick". Was so mad I almost wasn't able to wank to Kumugawa.
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 00:38   Link #9699
Wolfenstein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers View Post
Even though I understand what Zen did. Even though I knew what it would come to. Even though I agreed with it and wanted it to be done with. When Zen told her to come over so he can reject her epicly the first thing that came to my mind during and after was "Zen you fucking dick". Was so mad I almost wasn't able to wank to Kumugawa.
Haha. I agree. Probably for slightly different reasons, but that kinda was a dick line. And did instill some amount of mad.

Though no Kumagawa wanking? C'mon, no matter what happens, there's always time for that.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 00:55   Link #9700
summers
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
It still might happen.

Edit: Rand, he probably used All-Fiction to reduce the 'time' between his movements to nothing. It's doubtful someone 'weak' like him could severly blitz the strongest suitor like that otherwise.
Yeah that's what he did in 'good loser'. One of student council members commented on it. "It was like he made the time nothing" or something like that.
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.