AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-06-22, 01:58   Link #9741
orangejuicetang
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 23
I wonder, can Kumagawa use All-Fiction to fix the jet?
__________________
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 02:55   Link #9742
DawnEmperor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Somewhere
Chapter thoughts: A mix regarding Zenkichi. Epic rejection, but really, just telling us what we already know. He's got guts though.

Wish we could've delved into Screw-driver girl a bit more, but alas, she was just cannon fodder for Kumagawa. I guess it was pretty awesome.

For some reason, it feels like Zenkichi really hasn't interacted with Medaka all that much. It kind of makes it difficult to feel for their relationship.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 21:47   Link #9743
summers
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
I wonder, can Kumagawa use All-Fiction to fix the jet?
Almost forgot about that, probably can. It was said once that he could destroy the world by accident with it so jets OK.

Kumagawa can use 2 Minuses now huh, he ripped of the face of God with just 1 minus, wonder what he can do now that he has 2.

He has to be stopped. I am confident that he will screw everybody over, if not during this arc, then the next. When we find out that while he has changed he still has his ambitions and while he has been gathering more power and training minus for this purpose. Anyone else think he could be a villain again, or if not a villain outright then someone who has a competing goal, kinda like the Naked apron alliance. Cause after this arc are their any hints on the next one?
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 22:10   Link #9744
Guernsey
The GAP Man
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Who knows? He could pull a Yuuki Terumi/Hazama and just troll everybody using a convoluted Xanatos Gambit by which he would come out on top. We could get Nishio'd but I could see that happening as a fanfic idea. Kumagawa could be the big bad of the manga or he could get into as contest with Ajimu or Medaka to try and prevent him from destroying the world but this is Nishio we are talking about so anything can happen.
__________________

Last edited by Guernsey; 2012-06-23 at 00:32.
Guernsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 22:57   Link #9745
noobita
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Ummm..so how does Medaka managed to get caught when there were Kumagawa, Anshin and other characters at her? I must had missed or forgot something. I always under the impression that they got defeated but this chapter implied otherwise.

Someone cares to fill me in the details?
__________________
noobita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 23:48   Link #9746
OliverTwist
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Ummm..so how does Medaka managed to get caught when there were Kumagawa, Anshin and other characters at her? I must had missed or forgot something. I always under the impression that they got defeated but this chapter implied otherwise.

Someone cares to fill me in the details?
I don't think anyone knows for sure. This whole arc hasn't really made any sense from the beginning since Medaka and that other chick have been made out to be the equivalent of gods.

And whats with Zenkichi stabbing himself? Pretty much makes the whole devil style not mean anything since actually stabbing yourself in the stomach isn't good for your health.
OliverTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 00:01   Link #9747
orangejuicetang
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers View Post
Almost forgot about that, probably can. It was said once that he could destroy the world by accident with it so jets OK.

Kumagawa can use 2 Minuses now huh, he ripped of the face of God with just 1 minus, wonder what he can do now that he has 2.
But remember that All Fiction is weakened now. And also, remember that even when All Fiction was at it's strongest, it couldn't take away a 'Minus'. Also couldn't take away Zen's 'effort', maybe? (although that may have been purely rhetoric)


Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Ummm..so how does Medaka managed to get caught when there were Kumagawa, Anshin and other characters at her? I must had missed or forgot something. I always under the impression that they got defeated but this chapter implied otherwise.

Someone cares to fill me in the details?
It was implied that they were somehow captured this chapter, with Kuruguri saying they were supposed to be 'transported' along with Medaka, and Kumagawa saying his whole 'I am the wind, so I can't be captured'.

Also, Zen in an earlier chapter (when they landed on the battleship iirc) implied that although every one of the 'Jokers' probably wouldn't lose in a battle, they all apparently share one weakness that allows them to be captured very easily. Which seems to be what happened to them, they were captured, somehow.
__________________
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 02:46   Link #9748
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
orangejuicetang@ Yeah but they never go back on that topic.I'm really curios to know what that weakness is.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 07:16   Link #9749
RedKey
天界の異端審問官
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
How can Ajimu possibly get captured? The only thing that could seal her was Bookmaker, and even so, she was able to use Alibi Block freely once it weakened a bit.
__________________
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 10:55   Link #9750
Guernsey
The GAP Man
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Who knows? I sure don't...
__________________
Guernsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 04:17   Link #9751
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hyakka Ryoran
Age: 24
Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Some news about Medaka Box here:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1019
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 04:18   Link #9752
Kamuui
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Err... Excuse me for interrupting the discussion but someone could translate the result of contest popularity?


I'm wrong or Medaka and Zenkichi are in first and second place?
__________________

Last edited by Kamuui; 2012-06-26 at 04:31.
Kamuui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 04:28   Link #9753
RedKey
天界の異端審問官
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
That doesn't look like the poll results to me, more like the entries numbers one can vote.
The box up there says 締切 2012年7月2日当日消印有効, which should mean something like "Deadline for vote submissions by mail: July 2nd, 2012".

Furthermore, look at the first six places: Kurokami Medaka, Hitoyoshi Zenkichi, Shiranui Hansode, Akune Kouki, Kikaijima Mogana. No Kumagawa is a dead giveaway these are not the results
__________________
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 04:31   Link #9754
Kamuui
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
That doesn't look like the poll results to me, more like the entries numbers one can vote.
The box up there says 締切 2012年7月2日当日消印有効, which means "Deadline for vote submissions by mail: July 2nd, 2012".

Furthermore, look at the first six places: Kurokami Medaka, Hitoyoshi Zenkichi, Shiranui Hansode, Akune Kouki, Kikaijima Mogana. No Kumagawa is a dead giveaway these are not the results
Well, that explains have not the number of votes...
__________________
Kamuui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 05:12   Link #9755
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamuui View Post
Err... Excuse me for interrupting the discussion but someone could translate the result of contest popularity?


I'm wrong or Medaka and Zenkichi are in first and second place?
Seems a bit random to announce a popularity poll and then only include the poll the 2nd week after the announcement.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 08:48   Link #9756
Last Carpet
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Seems a bit random to announce a popularity poll and then only include the poll the 2nd week after the announcement.
Personally I hope that one of the newer characters becomes popular, because Nisio tends to bring them back and develop them depending on who's voted for.

Kei, Naze, Mukae....

I wonder if one of the suitors, or one of the doubles, will end up in the Top 10 this time?
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 09:01   Link #9757
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
How about we make the the AnimeSuki Medaka Box top 10?
Or at least each post their own top 10 xD
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 13:29   Link #9758
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
Personally I hope that one of the newer characters becomes popular, because Nisio tends to bring them back and develop them depending on who's voted for.

Kei, Naze, Mukae....

I wonder if one of the suitors, or one of the doubles, will end up in the Top 10 this time?
Naze was always going to come back (hell she never left), Mukae also (out of all minus's except for Kumagawa she had by far the most development). So really that only works for Kei who was a freak of nature popularity wise. He had one fight (granted it was of the manga's best) back in the flask plan and no story signifcance since then (at least until after both popularity polls), and he's somehow constantly ranked well. I'd be more surprised if Nisio didn't throw him a bone.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 14:20   Link #9759
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Naze was always going to come back (hell she never left), Mukae also (out of all minus's except for Kumagawa she had by far the most development). So really that only works for Kei who was a freak of nature popularity wise. He had one fight (granted it was of the manga's best) back in the flask plan and no story signifcance since then (at least until after both popularity polls), and he's somehow constantly ranked well. I'd be more surprised if Nisio didn't throw him a bone.
Kei has been in two of the best fights. His fight with Kumagawa was also pretty damn good (until Kuma became broken again)
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 17:51   Link #9760
Last Carpet
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Any spoilers out yet?
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.