AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-22, 10:21   Link #10621
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Pretty much. He's like a bug in a video game. An enemy you can't beat because damage doesn't register, and who's damage is always critical. Like a bug in FF8 where a certain enemy under certain circumstances always did 65535 damage (damage cap was 9999) because of a hex overflow.
Yea, you've got this right.

Even though, Zenkichi's Devil Style was made precisely to counter this, strangely it's nowhere to be seen.

A hint that it's probably gone? Perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling
In any case, Medaka vs. Iihiko next chapter is looking to be badass, lol. I want to see her unleash the beast.
That actually sounds horrible. Terrifying, even.

I mean, it would be the most boring fight in the history of Medaka Box. Two characters, who can't lose "Just cause", can't die "Just cause", etc... dosen't sound like top material when it comes to emotional investment. I mean, shit. This isn't DBZ. Dosen't help that Medaka's always bland and vapid, but that's minor, I guess. I surely hope that dosen't happen next chapter and something more interesting takes it's place, as this chapter deserves a good follow-up, as it was better than my hopes for it.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 10:24   Link #10622
summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
^ All the lingering plot threads could be solved there, ya know.

If it's not the last then at the very least it must be the arc prior to the final arc of the series. After Iihiko there should be no foe more powerful, unless Medaka and the blackness inside her turn into the final villain.
We have yet to see any other Minus from class -13 other than 3 leaders, scar dead, Encounter and Kumagawa. Plus Shinarua and emakue
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 10:29   Link #10623
Wolfenstein

No! Freaking Middle School is the real problem!
Old 2012-09-22, 10:34   Link #10624
summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Maybe his existence can be called something like "chaos" or "energy". Something with no structured, definite form, but representing the primal essence of the very universe. Therefore the very universe bends for him. Undying energy, matter, vitality itself.

This is only a guess at this point, but it doesn't seem like Iihiko uses any skills. Rather, it seems like his attack with the rubber band shattered the very form or basis of Ajimu's skills. So perhaps in some ways, Iihiko's powers will be the opposite of skills.

As for Ajimu being "dead", though, I'm sure the hair is just an exaggeration. After all, if Ajimu's already lost to Iihiko 100 million times, surely she wouldn't just get killed off now.

In any case, Medaka vs. Iihiko next chapter is looking to be badass, lol. I want to see her unleash the beast. Iihiko's personality is really entertaining. I think it's interesting, this time, how there's a bit of a clear difference qualitatively in Iihiko's portrayal of a villain (versus, say, Kumagawa or Ajimu). Back in those Minus and Not Equals arcs, part of Kumagawa and Ajimu's appeals were that they were clearly threatening. Moreover than that, however, they also represented something clearly negative; i.e. on one hand sheer negativity, the destruction of the elite, death and hurting others--or alternatively, in Ajimu's case, the termination/end of the manga itself. As for Iihiko, I'm sure we might all agree, he carries off the "threatening" bit well. But in this case, as a "villain", he doesn't seem to represent something necessarily negative so far (danger to the entire world aside, lol. On that matter, I do expect the Shiranui to mostly have it covered).

With the way Obi talked about "entertaining the guests" and Iihiko himself seeming to find amusement from crushing our protagonists, this is a chance to see our heroes let loose, get beat up, face adversity, and prove/evoke themselves, without necessarily the weight/drama of something horrible happening otherwise. In other words, something perhaps a little like the "Treasure Hunt arc" with the actually important characters. Hopefully, this arc does pan out to be that enjoyable. I am definitely enjoying it thus far.
I dont feel this guy is threatening, invincible yes but he just seems comical.
Old 2012-09-22, 10:36   Link #10625
summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Yea, you've got this right.

Even though, Zenkichi's Devil Style was made precisely to counter this, strangely it's nowhere to be seen.

A hint that it's probably gone? Perhaps?

That actually sounds horrible. Terrifying, even.

I mean, it would be the most boring fight in the history of Medaka Box. Two characters, who can't lose "Just cause", can't die "Just cause", etc... dosen't sound like top material when it comes to emotional investment. I mean, shit. This isn't DBZ. Dosen't help that Medaka's always bland and vapid, but that's minor, I guess. I surely hope that dosen't happen next chapter and something more interesting takes it's place, as this chapter deserves a good follow-up, as it was better than my hopes for it.
Probably gone, it served its purpose as an ability like that would mean Medaka would be forever changed when around Zen right? Zen does not want that.
Old 2012-09-22, 10:59   Link #10626
Tenchi Hou Take

I've learned one thing, from this chapter. Author statements in Medaka box are absolute bull crap. Last time I'm trusting one of those. I suppose the previous inaccuracies would have implied something, but i suppose this just made it crystal clear.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 11:20   Link #10627
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
I guess when it comes to Nishio's works is about mostly about the trolling journey rather than the destination. At least, that is how I rationalize it.
Old 2012-09-22, 13:11   Link #10628
bastek66
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
Also lol'd at this 4chan edit

Spoiler for 163:
This one is better
Spoiler for fresh:
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 13:43   Link #10629
Xellos-_^
Married

after reading c163, i got just thing to say

we have been troll Nisio
Old 2012-09-22, 14:17   Link #10630
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers View Post
Probably gone, it served its purpose as an ability like that would mean Medaka would be forever changed when around Zen right? Zen does not want that.

I don't think so, no. Devil Style dosen't affect Medaka's personality and such.

Although, I do agree that it's more than likely gone.

I mean, this Iihiko guy has been piggy-backing on "Fate" and "Destiny" his entire life. He probably has never had to work for anything, since everything would work just as he wanted it. Perhaps, if Fate couldn't help him at that moment, who knows how he would've taken his first "real" kick to the neck?
Old 2012-09-22, 14:56   Link #10631
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
I don't think so, no. Devil Style dosen't affect Medaka's personality and such.

Although, I do agree that it's more than likely gone.

I mean, this Iihiko guy has been piggy-backing on "Fate" and "Destiny" his entire life. He probably has never had to work for anything, since everything would work just as he wanted it. Perhaps, if Fate couldn't help him at that moment, who knows how he would've taken his first "real" kick to the neck?
Same for Medaka until Devil Style came into the picture, Medaka still remains somewhat arrogant though.
Old 2012-09-22, 15:25   Link #10632
Last Carpet

this arc hasn't really appealed to me so far.

To me, the most interesting thing that's happened is the reappearance of the branch family doubles. I'm not really as excited for this arc as I was for the others. Seems kind of boring to me, even moreso since we all know the ultimate end of each arc is that Medaka wins.

waiting for something to reach out and grab my attention
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 11:43   Link #10633
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Spoiler for 164:
Old 2012-09-25, 11:53   Link #10634
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Spoiler for 164:
Old 2012-09-25, 13:05   Link #10635
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
Spoiler for 164:
Thats horrible... i perfer her with long hair
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 14:24   Link #10636
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Spoiler for 164:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
Spoiler for 164:

Even when we tried not to get Nishio'd, we still get Nishio'd.
Old 2012-09-25, 17:19   Link #10637
Wolfenstein

Jesus Christ.

This manga has no rules.
Old 2012-09-25, 17:27   Link #10638
Vigo
too lazy to post

You got Nishio'd.

Haha sometimes I think I have a better chance to predict the lotto numbers than anything this guy writes.
Vigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 17:39   Link #10639
K. Shiruto

Indeed, unpredictability at its highest exponent.

Spoiler for spoiler:
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 17:44   Link #10640
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
This manga has no rules.
Spoiler for 164:

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council