AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-11-28, 22:51   Link #11241
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
There's...a fair amount of ZenkichiXKumagawa fan art isn't there?
You are now beginning to realize why the boys topped the recent popularity poll.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 23:30   Link #11242
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
Even since the very beggining of the series I've never had any qualms with Medaka's character. I guess that makes me strange before the rest?
Don't worry, you're not alone, I like Medaka too. You know the saying, haters gonna hate.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 00:03   Link #11243
Wolfenstein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
There's...a fair amount of ZenkichiXKumagawa fan art isn't there? (there's one where Kumagawa's pinned Zenkichi's hands to the wall).
Yeah, there's a pantload, strangely enough. Maybe it has the highest amount made, after purely Kumagawa fanart.
__________________
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 15:52   Link #11244
shmaster
関係断続
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Read the raw. So that's the reason why The End does not apply to style. It is Medaka's own problem again.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 17:40   Link #11245
Xellos-_^
Valentine's Day with Wife
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
Even since the very beggining of the series I've never had any qualms with Medaka's character. I guess that makes me strange before the rest?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Don't worry, you're not alone, I like Medaka too. You know the saying, haters gonna hate.
there are more of us out there then you realize.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 18:21   Link #11246
RedKey
天界の異端審問官
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Read the raw. So that's the reason why The End does not apply to style. It is Medaka's own problem again.
Spoiler for 173:
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 21:33   Link #11247
Lupus753
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
For me, Medaka Kurokami is like Evangeline from Mahou Sensei Negima: I'm never exactly sure whether she my most hated character or one of my favorites. Perhaps she occupies both, sometimes simultaneously. It's been this way since the beginning.
Lupus753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 21:47   Link #11248
Guernsey
The GAP Man
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
Spoiler for 173:
It is about darn time, I am hater and I really hate Medaka yet I like for some reason.
__________________
Guernsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 22:45   Link #11249
Wolfenstein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Yeah, her perfection has been throwing quips at her since the start of the series. Which she will surmount with...more perfection! Or just another type of the same.

Old news, but then again the current fight is just a means of transition, anyway.
__________________
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 00:14   Link #11250
DawnEmperor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Somewhere
Well there's nothing inherently wrong with liking Medaka. Most of the time, I tend to like the protagonist. While Medaka does frustrate me, that's just that. We have our preferences.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 00:53   Link #11251
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Don't worry, you're not alone, I like Medaka too. You know the saying, haters gonna hate.
Or people will just have different preferences for characters. Just because I don't like Medaka, it doesn't mean I'm a "hater". If that's the case, then that would make you a Medaka "fanboy". Both terms have negative connotations.

You like her, I don't. Just like you probably like some food that I can't stand or vice versa.

Sorry, I just hate when people bust out the whole "haters going to hate" argument. It just gives the impression that they think they're opinion is the only right one and anything to the contrary in invalid.
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 02:42   Link #11252
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Or people will just have different preferences for characters. Just because I don't like Medaka, it doesn't mean I'm a "hater". If that's the case, then that would make you a Medaka "fanboy". Both terms have negative connotations.

You like her, I don't. Just like you probably like some food that I can't stand or vice versa.

Sorry, I just hate when people bust out the whole "haters going to hate" argument. It just gives the impression that they think they're opinion is the only right one and anything to the contrary in invalid.
I surmise from this that you don't really know what a hater is. In fact, I didn't mention you, or anyone specifically as a hater.

FYI, the term "haters gonna hate" isn't about proving that my opinion is the right one or that any opposing opinion is invalid.

It's about not letting the opinions of other people bother you, because as you yourself pointed out, everyone has different opinions, and no one's opinion is greater than anyone's. So you can stop with the strawman argument.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 09:12   Link #11253
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I surmise from this that you don't really know what a hater is. In fact, I didn't mention you, or anyone specifically as a hater.

FYI, the term "haters gonna hate" isn't about proving that my opinion is the right one or that any opposing opinion is invalid.

It's about not letting the opinions of other people bother you, because as you yourself pointed out, everyone has different opinions, and no one's opinion is greater than anyone's. So you can stop with the strawman argument.
I think the point was that just because someone's opinion is directly against yours, doesn't mean they're a "hater". While in some context, "haters gonna hate" does make some sense, recently it's simply become a defense against one's own silliness. For example, people criticize Chris Brown, he says "haters gonna hate" as if to diffuse the whole thing. While it isn't the same situation for anyone here, I can see how people can view that saying negatively when a buncha idiots on the internet use it to defend themselves as if they were actually justified.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 09:37   Link #11254
noobita
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Well done, Shiranui. Because of your selfish request, Medaka nearly got killed by the machine gun. This is what you got from making deal with a true sicko.

Unless, the machine gun that I saw in this chapter actually shot a plastic bullet that looks like a real bullet.
__________________
noobita is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 09:45   Link #11255
whx_epic
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Is it just me or that chapter 173 implies that
Spoiler for 173 spoilers:
whx_epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 09:57   Link #11256
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
I can't be the only one that spent the whole time reading the chapter like this:
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 10:21   Link #11257
DawnEmperor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Somewhere
Toys read manga? That's new
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 10:59   Link #11258
Last Carpet
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Again....I love how Joutou lisps. Now that I think about it, ther suitors had a connection to their doubles' fetishes. Shinkirou is a pedophile and Joutou can lower people's ages, it fits.

Now I wonder what Kagekae's connection to Gizou's fetish is? I has to have something to do with underwear.

Spoiler for ch173:


Wonder what's next
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 12:05   Link #11259
[HearT]
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
The highlight of this chapter for me was seeing antler head again,

I really like antler head

Antler head needs more screen time!!
__________________
「♥」
[HearT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 12:36   Link #11260
Wolfenstein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Booooooorrriiiing!

Except for Suki. I love her.

Also, is it possible that the Tsurubami thing was a mistranslation? He can use Pluses, Minuses and Styles? Maybe they were talking about Medaka for a minute there, in contrast to Bami's style use.

But if he can, he's more badass than I imagined.
__________________
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.