AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-11-30, 13:00   Link #11261
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I surmise from this that you don't really know what a hater is. In fact, I didn't mention you, or anyone specifically as a hater.

FYI, the term "haters gonna hate" isn't about proving that my opinion is the right one or that any opposing opinion is invalid.

It's about not letting the opinions of other people bother you, because as you yourself pointed out, everyone has different opinions, and no one's opinion is greater than anyone's. So you can stop with the strawman argument.
A hater, from what I've always seen, is someone who hates something completely and utterly that no amount of convincing will even make them see good points about the object in question. On top of that, they get angry when any support is shown for the object at all.

On the opposite side, a "fanboy" is someone who likes something without question, ignoring all flaws and much like a hater, gets upset when someone dislikes something.

As I mentioned previously, both terms have negative connotations to them.

As Kurosu said, that was the point I was trying to make.

Anyway for the new chapter:

Spoiler:
Old 2012-11-30, 13:04   Link #11262
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Also, is it possible that the Tsurubami thing was a mistranslation?
Nnnnope.

「アブノーマル」と「マイナス」そして彼女が初めて体験する「スタイル」の三つを同時に操る鶴 喰鴎に黒神めだかは大層な苦戦を強いられた。
Old 2012-11-30, 13:05   Link #11263
[HearT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post

Also, is it possible that the Tsurubami thing was a mistranslation? He can use Pluses, Minuses and Styles? Maybe they were talking about Medaka for a minute there, in contrast to Bami's style use.

But if he can, he's more badass than I imagined.
nope, it's right, he's just badass

edit: lol, ninja'd
Old 2012-11-30, 13:07   Link #11264
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Well we ARE talking about a kid who not only developed his own style by himself (without even knowing what styles were) but also kicked Medaka's ass for a while.

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 13:12   Link #11265
Wolfenstein

Well, damn.

Now, I can't read japanese, but I don't have any reason to doubt a confirmation.

So I hope this Minuses/Pluses belonging to Tsurubami don't get swept away and are explained. :P
Old 2012-11-30, 13:32   Link #11266
DawnEmperor

Wow, we really barely know anything about Kamome(and he's become one of the major supporting characters!). Similar to Zenkichi and Shiranui, does he really have much of a connection to his father?
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 13:37   Link #11267
kenjtr

Somehow this chapter gave me the feeling that someday zenkichi will turn to a great evil , zenkichi gives me same feeling as griffith .
Old 2012-11-30, 13:46   Link #11268
Thth
???

@kenjtr

Spoiler for oftopic:
Thth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 13:48   Link #11269
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

I'm more concerned about the song, actually. Ok, it's Sukinasaki's, but why is Medaka singing that? Anything goes for a Style? I thought it needed certain word configurations.

I spent quite a long time searching for hidden meanings, word puns or references which would have been lost in translation, but I found nothing about toyboxes, gods and demons anywhere. Unlike Joutou's, which references old Japanese lullabies, it seems that her song is original. I just hope Nisio won't tell us many chapters later that it did actually contain important elements which I overlooked, at least not important enough to warrant a re-translation
Old 2012-11-30, 13:49   Link #11270
chidorimen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
Somehow this chapter gave me the feeling that someday zenkichi will turn to a great evil , zenkichi gives me same feeling as griffith .
Okay I've been coming to this board for a while and never say anything, but because of you I felt the need to respond. Please stop with your annoyingly obvious terrible trolling.
chidorimen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 14:02   Link #11271
Thth
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
I'm more concerned about the song, actually. Ok, it's Sukinasaki's, but why is Medaka singing that? Anything goes for a Style? I thought it needed certain word configurations.

I spent quite a long time searching for hidden meanings, word puns or references which would have been lost in translation, but I found nothing about toyboxes, gods and demons anywhere. Unlike Joutou's, which references old Japanese lullabies, it seems that her song is original. I just hope Nisio won't tell us many chapters later that it did actually contain important elements which I overlooked, at least not important enough to warrant a re-translation
She is singing about her box and how it is locked for two more years...
Well I am outta here
Thth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 14:03   Link #11272
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thth View Post
She is singing about her box and how it is locked for two more years...
Well I am outta here
Medaka's Box! IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!
Old 2012-11-30, 14:08   Link #11273
DawnEmperor

*Rimshot^

It all makes sense now, this is the true title drop!!
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 14:20   Link #11274
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

I love how one of the Plus Six was brought up this chapter. Proof that Nisio hasn't completely forgotten about them, at least.
Old 2012-11-30, 14:36   Link #11275
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
*Rimshot^

It all makes sense now, this is the true title drop!!
It is finally beginning to make snese, now but still #&@# Nisio for actually making some sense,.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I love how one of the Plus Six was brought up this chapter. Proof that Nisio hasn't completely forgotten about them, at least.
Whatever happened to them anyway?
Old 2012-11-30, 14:43   Link #11276
CrazyPerson

I'm actually surprised the plus six got referenced again. My take one the plus six was that they where meant to be ignored. In other shonen shows, if a character gets introduced with abilities and what not it usually means they'll get expanded on or fought against. Neither of those happened and they got forgotten because it's part of Nisio's tendency to be contrary.

Also, anyone feel like instead of a main character becoming more and more inhuman and powerful, Medaka starts off inhuman and gets more and more human as the story goes on?
CrazyPerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 14:55   Link #11277
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPerson View Post
Also, anyone feel like instead of a main character becoming more and more inhuman and powerful, Medaka starts off inhuman and gets more and more human as the story goes on?
Well, according to Fukurou this was all his plan to make Hansode stop being her double. All according to keikaku.
Old 2012-11-30, 17:46   Link #11278
zeando
maybenotimome

about kamome having plusses and minuses, it could have just been some lent abilities from ajimu
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 20:18   Link #11279
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

It's damn suspicious that we never saw that fight between him and Medaka. If nothing else we better get a flashback to it.
Old 2012-11-30, 22:36   Link #11280
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPerson View Post

More and more human like. Though, even as early as Unzen, I think it is hinted that as much as Medaka tries to be like a human, odds are, she'd never truly be "human", just "Human-like."

Medaka is a class of being probably more closer than Ajimu in nature than any other character, besides Hanten.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council