AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-01-23, 04:33   Link #11761
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
HxH isn't on hiatus because of sales

The mangaka has more than enough money to never work again. He'll only come back if he 'feels' like it.
Oh I know all about Togashi being a boss, you know Oda wishes he could do that stuff lol... Regardless I'm sure it's going to come back in the first half of this year anyway, would be silly to let such momentum slip, currently the #2 selling manga in Jump, anime is finally doing justice to a part that was poorly done in the past, Movie just came out, 2nd movie announced already.

Togashi da gawd, living the dream... I bet Level E got animated because he asked for it if they wanted him to do more chapters lol.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 04:42   Link #11762
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Yeah I hope he comes back. The last couple of chapters really opened up the possibilities with lots of really intriguing plot points that he could continue on. Then there's the Kurapica gaiden which could continue a storyline that everyone is excited to revisit.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 13:07   Link #11763
Guernsey
The GAP Man
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiea483 View Post
it would be be sick Zenkichi got a new power since he is the "new MC" of the manga lol
That happened before with Devil Style and we all know how that turned out.
__________________
Guernsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 15:25   Link #11764
ShiroiRyu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: France
Age: 26
Oh man ...
End God Mode ...
__________________

You can click on it for a animated version.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 15:37   Link #11765
Mura
Now or Never
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura Send a message via Skype™ to Mura
Spoiler for Chapter 179:
__________________
Mura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 15:45   Link #11766
K. Shiruto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 179:
You're not alone. Every page from the first to the last had me on the edge of my seat.

Spoiler for spoiler:
K. Shiruto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 16:15   Link #11767
Wolfenstein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Wow. This was...really terrible. I'm at a loss for words.

There is a sliver of hope that the character dies after this, however, so there is something to look forward to.
__________________
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 16:18   Link #11768
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
HAHA and people thought that Jesu...I mean Medaka would stay dead? How adorable.

God, this chapter left a bad taste in my mouth...
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 16:20   Link #11769
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Oh look.. Medaka came back from the dead. What a twist! Not... you knew it was going to happen. She'll also somehow survive this whole ordeal.

As someone who's not a fan of Medaka, I didn't find the chapter all that great, but I'm sure her fans loved it.
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 16:25   Link #11770
K. Shiruto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
As much as some of you didn't like it, the use of vibrations to keep the body functioning, it makes sense that's her style, since her mother was a nurse.

But I know you only complain because you hate the character, so I won't start a discussion.
K. Shiruto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 16:26   Link #11771
Wolfenstein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Our only hope has to be that the manga does not end so underwhelmingly.
I mean, damn. This chapter could've epitomized the generic shounen dance of the all-powerful main-character.

What a stark contrast to the rest of the manga(save the end of the JBWF), I thought one of the points was that it was a satire of the above dance, this whole time.
__________________
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 16:30   Link #11772
K. Shiruto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
^You don't know how this is going to turn out. You can complain after if you want.
K. Shiruto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 16:31   Link #11773
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
As much as some of you didn't like it, the use of vibrations to keep the body functioning, it makes sense that's her style, since her mother was a nurse.

But I know you only complain because you hate the character, so I won't start a discussion.
You do know that you can NOT like a certain part of the plot but still like the characters involved right? Not everyone's blind to flaws if they involve the characters or just look for them everywhere.

I like Medaka, she's not my favourite by a country mile but I don't dislike her (much less hate her) still I think this development is just...bad >_>
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 16:33   Link #11774
Wolfenstein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
^You don't know how this is going to turn out. You can complain after if you want.
If you don't like people's complaing, just ignore the comments.

However, you can't tell them to not express their feelings of the current chapter.
__________________
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 16:37   Link #11775
K. Shiruto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
You do know that you can NOT like a certain part of the plot but still like the characters involved right? Not everyone's blind to flaws if they involve the characters or just look for them everywhere.

I like Medaka, she's not my favourite by a country mile but I don't dislike her (much less hate her) still I think this development is just...bad >_>
It's the same as when Kumagawa got killed by Munakata and came back to life. With the exception Medaka's injuries haven't healed, her body is crumbling and her blood vessels are her only medium to keep herself alive through her style, and for just a short time.

You heard Yuzuriha. Medaka can barely walk. How this is going to turn out remains a mistery and I'm still not sure this is going to kill Iihiko.
K. Shiruto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 16:55   Link #11776
Lupus753
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
For half of this chapter, I have to say, "Brilliant! Another triumph!" Even though I don't always appreciate the philosophish stuff 100%. For the other half, I have to shake my fists at the heavens to angrily shout, "NISIOOOOOOOOO!"

In other words, I'm enjoying this a lot.
Lupus753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 17:01   Link #11777
K. Shiruto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
^Hahaha, that's good.

You know, if it wasn't Nisio I would be sure Medaka would survive this, but it's Nisio we're talking about.
K. Shiruto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 17:31   Link #11778
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
We've lost all hope for a decent ending at this point, I think, unless we go on for another hundred or so chapters.
See, ultimately, the problem is this: No matter how much Nisio tries to convince us that Medaka has changed as a person, she hasn't, and she never will.
I am not the first person to say this and nor is it the first time I've said it, but the manga would be far better off without her... at least this "End God Mode" has interesting implications.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
You know, if it wasn't Nisio I would be sure Medaka would survive this, but it's Nisio we're talking about.
You mean the guy who writes the most predictable outcomes to literally every single arc? The only part of Nisio that is unpredictable is the way things play out prior to the ending.
Also he's not the best or most consistent writer even from a technical perspective, note how he often has characters call out other character's names in place of actual dialogue, something that a lot of amateur writers love doing, not that Nisio is an amateur but still I find it very annoying, just thought I'd say
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 17:42   Link #11779
K. Shiruto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
You mean the guy who writes the most predictable outcomes to literally every single arc? The only part of Nisio that is unpredictable is the way things play out prior to the ending.
Also he's not the best or most consistent writer even from a technical perspective, note how he often has characters call out other character's names in place of actual dialogue, something that a lot of amateur writers love doing, not that Nisio is an amateur but still I find it very annoying, just thought I'd say
Yeah, right, the Treasure Hunt arc was predictable you're saying? My ass! It's by far the most unpredictable arc along with the Flask Plan and this one. Hence why I'm telling you if it was other author I would have no doubt Medaka will survive this. But Nisio Isin is not your average mangaka.
K. Shiruto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 17:42   Link #11780
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
It's the same as when Kumagawa got killed by Munakata and came back to life. With the exception Medaka's injuries haven't healed, her body is crumbling and her blood vessels are her only medium to keep herself alive through her style, and for just a short time.
I know, right? Seeing people's double standards and hypocrisy always amuses me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
We've lost all hope for a decent ending at this point, I think, unless we go on for another hundred or so chapters.
See, ultimately, the problem is this: No matter how much Nisio tries to convince us that Medaka has changed as a person, she hasn't, and she never will.
Funny, I had the complete opposite opinion of this chapter. I felt that I really saw Medaka's character growth here. The Medaka from before would have said something totally different.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.