AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-04-18, 01:50   Link #13201
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Honestly rather see no mention at all of Kumagawa in these final 2 chapters, basically nothing apart from "he hasn't been seen since graduation", would mean he'll get future material while everyone else is wrapped up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
You got it backward. Nishio should learn how to troll while maintaining his works ranking at the same time from Kubo. At least you don't see how often Blleach landed at below top 5.
Bleach was bottom 5 more often than you would think, especially during the Fullbring arc. Probably the reason why Kubo got told to move onto the final arc even after he was trying to "reset" things.

And Kubo trolls? lolfanbase... it's bad enough with Nisio but at least he's a genius at times (wait until you see how the "big issue" in the next tv series is resolved, when I saw the foreshadowing in Nise, godlike), with Kubo it's just being trash.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 02:23   Link #13202
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
How is that even comparable.
Bleach is still selling 700-800k per volume, well above the 500k threshold of polls mattering.
While Medaka volumes continuously performed below 150k on first print, and 200k at best for annual.

Polls does not matter if you sell above a certain count.
Medaka was nowhere even close to that line, ever.
In fact, even Sket and Beelzebub beats Medaka in sales by 50-60%.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 02:26   Link #13203
Lupus753
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Then they both should learn lessons from Andrew Hussie. Homestuck is so popular that a video crashed Newgrounds after mere minutes, simply due to the traffic. But his books have not sold that many. Does he still count? Probably not.
Lupus753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 02:29   Link #13204
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
How is that even comparable.
Bleach is still selling 700-800k per volume, well above the 500k threshold of polls mattering.
While Medaka volumes continuously performed below 150k on first print, and around 200k annual.

Polls does not matter if you sell above a certain count.
Medaka was nowhere even close to that line, ever.
In fact, Sket and Beelzebub even beat Medaka in sales by 50-60%.
How the hell am I even comparing them?

Reread what I said ffs.

He tried to reset things with Fullbring, had massive drops in sales and bottom 5 tanked for most of the arc, he's now clearly in his final arc. If Fullbring was a success I doubt we'll be having this conversation. He got his mag replaced with an inferior seller in Toriko as far as "promotion" goes, lost his anime and got told to cut the crap and get on with it.

You ignore the fact that his final arc could take 3 years to finish, Naruto has been in final arc mode for a while too.

Quote:
In fact, Sket and Beelzebub even beat Medaka in sales by 50-60%.
What's your point, since this has f all to do with what you quoted.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 02:29   Link #13205
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Oh, I missed the part where this Andrew Hussie serialized in Weekly Shounen Jump.
Can you elaborate which universe he did?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
How the hell am I even comparing them?

Reread what I said ffs.

He tried to reset things with Fullbring, had massive drops in sales and bottom 5 tanked for most of the arc, he's now clearly in his final arc. If Fullbring was a success I doubt we'll be having this conversation.

You ignore the fact that his final arc could take 3 years to finish, Naruto has been in final arc mode for a while too.
I'm bringing it up because you guys are talking about Bleach polls, as if that has any relevance to Medaka Box.

Hint: It doesn't.

If you're not comparing, why are you talking about Bleach in this thread in the first place?

Let me make it simple:
For Medaka Box, polls mattered.
For Bleach, polls did not matter. Not yet anyways, not until his sales sunk to below the threshold. (Like Nurarihyon did)
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 02:30   Link #13206
Lupus753
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
You were talking about trolling creators learning from each other. So, I chimed in. My brain isn't working well right now.
Lupus753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 02:35   Link #13207
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I'm bringing it up because you guys are talking about Bleach polls, as if that has any relevance to Medaka Box.

Hint: It doesn't.

If you're not comparing, why are you talking about Bleach in this thread in the first place?
Da fac? why don't you quote all the other times people talk about jump manga in here instead of crying this one time.

And you response to someone talking OT about other jump manga is to bring Sket Dance and Beezlebub into the discussion? Amazing, just amazing.

I'm talking about Bleach because someone said it didn't get as many bottom 5s as Medaka even though during Fullbring it did, if you care to read the discussion it was only the latter half of quote talking about Kubo being a troll like Nisio, honestly have no idea why you're even being this obtuse unless you're butthurt i rubbished Kubo's trolling "ability", if so get over it, he's trash.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 02:37   Link #13208
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Da fac? why don't you quote all the other times people talk about jump manga in here instead of crying this one time.

And you response to someone talking OT about other jump manga is to bring Sket Dance and Beezlebub into the discussion? Amazing, just amazing.

I'm talking about Bleach because someone said it didn't get as many bottom 5s as Medaka even though during Fullbring it did.
Um.

When I make OT comparisons, I claim I'm making OT comparisons.
You're claiming you're NOT making comparisons. I said, if you're NOT comparing Bleach with Medaka, why bring it up in the thread?

Westlo, what the hell man? You drunk?

And yes, I realize you're not the one who brought it up.
My response was to the conversation in general.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 02:40   Link #13209
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Are you telling me the disastrous polling (which was mirrored by sales drop off) of Fullbring arc had no bearing on the future direction of Bleach? lmao.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 02:42   Link #13210
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Are you telling me the disastrous polling of Fullbring arc had no bearing on the future direction of Bleach? lmao.
Of course it did. It most likely made him drop from the "title manga" position, and told by the editors to shape up.
But he is not in any danger of getting canned, not until the sales drop to half of current run.

Shuueisha is not going to can a series that's making them millions dude.
They will, however, tell him/her to do better.

In comparison, Medaka in fact WAS constantly in danger of getting canned.
Thanks to many other series performing in the suckage, it lucked out. Sorta like how Kurogane lucked out for so long despite having quite a bit of suckage. LOL.

Keep in mind the sales drop is talking about going from a million seller to 800k seller.
Not "never hitting above 200k to begin with". There's a huge difference between Bleach and Medaka.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 02:53   Link #13211
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Westlo vs Aohige...more entertaining than any manga.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 02:55   Link #13212
Lupus753
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Still not as fun as when Sol Falling would launch wall of text arguments against nearly anyone.
Lupus753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 02:58   Link #13213
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
I don't even like Bleach, (or Medaka Box for the matter) just speaking from realistically how Jump editorial handles things, and where those two manga lie as franchise value in their hands.

There's basically two separate requirements for manga running WSJ to meet, and survival of the title depends on filling one or the other.
One affects the sales of the magazine, therefore its base shaping as well as ad revenue, while the other affects actual book sales revenue.

While the bulk revenue is dependent on the latter, it cannot exist without the former.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 03:50   Link #13214
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Kumagawa Mogana sure has a nice ring to it. I guess it has to be her, since all other competitor's for Kumagawa don't seem to be involved in any way, but we best wait for the chapter.
Kind of makes sense when Mogana says I wish for him to grow to be as strong willed as you. Last I checked Kugamawa as a minus is not exactly strong willed. Someone might disagree espcially since I don't agree myself as Kumagawa is pretty stronged will but he is a minus.
__________________
Nothing is Impossible
BladeEntity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 06:17   Link #13215
noobita
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Bleach was bottom 5 more often than you would think, especially during the Fullbring arc. Probably the reason why Kubo got told to move onto the final arc even after he was trying to "reset" things.

And Kubo trolls? lolfanbase... it's bad enough with Nisio but at least he's a genius at times (wait until you see how the "big issue" in the next tv series is resolved, when I saw the foreshadowing in Nise, godlike), with Kubo it's just being trash.
So? Medaka Box stays at bottom 5 more often than Bleach. For Bleach case, Kubo at least aware of results and and actually improve his manga, it so it will break away from bottom 5. And I can't say the same for Medaka. Because it stayed at bottom 5 too often, it actually left quite a deep impression for me that this series was in very sad state.

Also, almost everyone knows that Kubo is more an artist than a writer, yet he trashed Nishio so hard in the weekly ranking, considering that Nishio was actually a writer which hailed by almost everyone as a genius writer.

Yeah, Kubo troll, but at least he can balance the trolling element in his work. Nishio? This guy build-up his story and made it interesting, and guess what? He completely destroying it with his own hand just because he favors trolling for no good reason than writing a good story for his audience. Just look at his recent arcs, I facepalm so hard,

For you, Kubo is trash, but in my eye, Nishio is worse than a trash.
__________________
noobita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 06:25   Link #13216
DawnEmperor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Somewhere
Overall thoughts:
It was an interesting series, certainly made me think a lot more(considering the many wall of text arguments that've happened on this forum). I'm exaggerating a bit, but it's definitely furthered my understanding in terms of analyzing the themes and drawing my own interpretations.

From a pure enjoyment perspective I admit I was miffed at the constant genre shifting but now it's pretty much emblematic of the series.

I think a lot of you guys got a bit sidetracked by your dislike for a character, and while I have characters I dislike, I think it's better to think in terms of overall story and archetypes. Now it's not invalid to criticize the execution, but I think there was lot of delving into just..."boring", which is a subjective which frankly I can't get behind.

Certainly characters have not really reached their full potentials. And I admit that there've been a lot of chapters with just waiting...and anticipating with varying payoffs. But I think there are a few highlights which continue to stick out for me.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 06:58   Link #13217
novalysis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
I think Medaka Box would have done well - as a Seinen LN series, set outside a school setting. The use and prospects of adults using abnormalities in the Business world and other fields must be very terrifying, unless you are Medaka.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 08:27   Link #13218
Alpha Knight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Never thought I would be seeing an epic duel between Aohige and Westlo.

Anyway, you guys disappoint me, how come you still didn't post this beauty.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Alpha Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 08:34   Link #13219
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
Never thought I would be seeing an epic duel between Aohige and Westlo.

Anyway, you guys disappoint me, how come you still didn't post this beauty.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Need to know which lucky fella caught her.
__________________
Nothing is Impossible
BladeEntity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 08:41   Link #13220
willx
Nyaaan~~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 31
Personally I thought the series suffered when Ajimu died..

So, no one has answered my question about Nabeshima -- someone's spoiler was that she has an injured leg or only one leg? When the hell did that happen!?
__________________
Nyaaaan~~
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.