AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-11-14, 05:47   Link #1541
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
come on, so many fighting mangas just show the training in a recap, probably after they beat their opponent, or while they´re kicking his ass, he asks how could they so suddenly powerup
...after they take off their xxxx pound-weights under their clothes
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 14:48   Link #1542
Jourdal
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It's WSJ, the readers do have bad taste or Bleach would've ended years ago
SO fucking true...

Interesting chapter..I'm liking what going on...if you eliminate the first few chapters out of your mind then it's not so bad...

Awesome to see Zen more than medaka for once...I hate the king guy...reminds me of Dio..except not made of win.
Jourdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 01:34   Link #1543
surerman
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Killers Special Mobile Prison
Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jourdal View Post
SO fucking true...

Interesting chapter..I'm liking what going on...if you eliminate the first few chapters out of your mind then it's not so bad...

Awesome to see Zen more than medaka for once...I hate the king guy...reminds me of Dio..except not made of win.
Which Dio?, Dio Brando from Jojo Bizarre Adventure?
btw, am amazed that this thread still alive, I think since the manga suck to hell people will stop bothering them self to read or discuss any aspect of this manga.
And for JUMP as well to not cut off this manga till now, despite bad rating for nearly 3 month in a row
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 16:57   Link #1544
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
^Not everyone thinks the manga sucks. Just that the crowd that does screams louder. Medaka Box has survived this long so far due to older series ending and other series that were ranking worse than it getting the axe.

Speaking of its rankings, it isn't in the bottom 5 this week. It will be interesting if it can consecutively manage that since its first 2 weeks.
Rejuvenation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 18:17   Link #1545
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Speaking of rankings...why do people insist so much on talking about rankings? I know it's a manga thread but there's been more "when is MB getting axed, it ranked in the bottom 10 again" than where the plot's going or how characters are turning out.
Quote:
^Not everyone thinks the manga sucks.
Which is why a thread was created about it in the first place, after all
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 18:20   Link #1546
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetstorm View Post
Speaking of its rankings, it isn't in the bottom 5 this week. It will be interesting if it can consecutively manage that since its first 2 weeks.
Though it should be important to note that we shouldn't get too excited, last time it happened it went straight back down the week after, or wasn't too far off from the bottom.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 19:01   Link #1547
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Speaking of rankings...why do people insist so much on talking about rankings? I know it's a manga thread but there's been more "when is MB getting axed, it ranked in the bottom 10 again" than where the plot's going or how characters are turning out.
Because ranking and sell of books is what keep the manga going. It is just like TV shows, if the rankings are not good, they don't get good money for advertising.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 19:11   Link #1548
LeaD36
LeaDfactor
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hungary, Budapest
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Well the manga will end soon enough, Medaka-chan looked pretty serious when she said she´ll bring down the FP in 1 day.

Goku needed more chapters than this to learn how to use Genkidama, but i guess since it´s our beloved Student Council pres, she shouldn´t have any problems pulling this 1 off i assume
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 22:44   Link #1549
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Though it should be important to note that we shouldn't get too excited, last time it happened it went straight back down the week after, or wasn't too far off from the bottom.
True, but I found chapter 21, which is the next one ranked, to be one of the more interesting chapters as it explained about the Flask plan and showed us Medaka's case of extreme denial. I think it dipped a bit the next couple of chapters after that with Unzen's sister, as Zen really felt like he disappeared again, but it picked up after that.

Chapter 27 was really good, as well. We got to see Zen man up, we saw a funny scene with Medaka acting like she didn't know who Zen was after he went wild (role reversal), and we got an interesting dynamic between King and Medaka. One believes that anyone can do anything as long as they try hard and that there are no geniuses, while one believes the exact opposite, so he's helping to create more. Funny thing is, King is more right than Medaka and she's going to get a massive wake up call pretty soon, I think. One that might shatter he entire belief system.
__________________

Last edited by KLGChaos; 2009-11-16 at 02:52.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 03:04   Link #1550
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Quote:
Well the manga will end soon enough, Medaka-chan looked pretty serious when she said she´ll bring down the FP in 1 day.
I just think it will revert to episodic chapters, but yeah.
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 03:12   Link #1551
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
I actually think Nishio is getting it to a point where he can end it if he wanted/is forced to, obviously he can extend it. I get the feeling Ane Doki will finish before Medaka though, that also seems close to wrapping up and it doesn't have the setting to extend like Medaka does.

Here's the bottom of the toc anyway

Bottom 6:
Rilienthal
PTF! Jaguar (CP)
Beelzebub
Bakuman
Hokenshitsu no Shinigami
Ane-doki

Like I said before TOC isn't everything.. just last weeks manga sales..

3. Bakuman volume 5 (218,751) (Weekly Shonen Jump)

7. Beelzebub volume 3 (87,761) (Weekly Shonen Jump)

Hokenshitsu no Shinigami looks like being another series DOA. I'm hyped for the Mago announcement in issue #53.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 10:15   Link #1552
Wrath88
Kissing...
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Grabbing onto the wall with your feet... Either they wear specially crafted shoes, or they have to go through a lot of them.
__________________
Okairii, Nerine-chan
Wrath88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 14:35   Link #1553
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
Grabbing onto the wall with your feet... Either they wear specially crafted shoes, or they have to go through a lot of them.
I <3 Ceiling Girl.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 00:25   Link #1554
Newprimus
TRUST IN LITTLE SISTER
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Now see I thought, "Oh wow it really is becoming a battle manga," but after reading the translated chapters and looking at it again, no it's not becoming a battle manga at all.

I've swung back onto Medaka Box after a hiatus due to work and such and it's still interesting for me.


And screw Shounen Jump, they proved their irrelevance with the cancellation of Mx0. Those rankings are worthless to me. If the manga sinks, it sinks and WSJ somehow loses even more respect from me, if the manga stays WSJ still has no respect from me.
__________________
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU.

BUT LITTLE SISTER WATCHES BIG BROTHER.

LITTLE SISTER KNOWS BEST.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 00:47   Link #1555
ZODDGUTS
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I actually think Nishio is getting it to a point where he can end it if he wanted/is forced to, obviously he can extend it. I get the feeling Ane Doki will finish before Medaka though, that also seems close to wrapping up and it doesn't have the setting to extend like Medaka does.

Here's the bottom of the toc anyway

Bottom 6:
Rilienthal
PTF! Jaguar (CP)
Beelzebub
Bakuman
Hokenshitsu no Shinigami
Ane-doki

Like I said before TOC isn't everything.. just last weeks manga sales..

3. Bakuman volume 5 (218,751) (Weekly Shonen Jump)

7. Beelzebub volume 3 (87,761) (Weekly Shonen Jump)

Hokenshitsu no Shinigami looks like being another series DOA. I'm hyped for the Mago announcement in issue #53.
Except Medaka Box has been doing consistently poor in the rankings unlike with Bakuman and Beelzebub they have a yo-yo effect were they do well in rankings for several weeks and than one week do poorly but next week it's up in the upper/mid tier rankings that rarely happens with Medaka Box.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 05:03   Link #1556
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Except Medaka Box has been doing consistently poor in the rankings unlike with Bakuman and Beelzebub they have a yo-yo effect were they do well in rankings for several weeks and than one week do poorly but next week it's up in the upper/mid tier rankings that rarely happens with Medaka Box.
Psyren ranked as bad as Medaka and eventually got into the mid tier comfortably, this week it ranked #3. As long as it survives it's always a chance of moving on up, with the rate people want to can Medaka than Mago (which looks like being the next big thing now), Sket Dance & Psyren would've got canned a long time ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
And screw Shounen Jump, they proved their irrelevance with the cancellation of Mx0. Those rankings are worthless to me. If the manga sinks, it sinks and WSJ somehow loses even more respect from me, if the manga stays WSJ still has no respect from me.
Mx0 had the same problem that Pretty Face did, it got repetitive fast. Besides its replacement in Toriko is far more popular, in TOC and sales and is getting a JUMP special anime episode this year. Mx0 only really performed averagely.. and once you get to that many chapters it's bound to be in danger, Psyren is in a similar position right now, though I think it's safe as long as the new manga series continue to keep on sucking.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 08:28   Link #1557
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Psyren ranked as bad as Medaka and eventually got into the mid tier comfortably, this week it ranked #3. As long as it survives it's always a chance of moving on up, with the rate people want to can Medaka than Mago (which looks like being the next big thing now), Sket Dance & Psyren would've got canned a long time ago.



Mx0 had the same problem that Pretty Face did, it got repetitive fast. Besides its replacement in Toriko is far more popular, in TOC and sales and is getting a JUMP special anime episode this year. Mx0 only really performed averagely.. and once you get to that many chapters it's bound to be in danger, Psyren is in a similar position right now, though I think it's safe as long as the new manga series continue to keep on sucking.
And from what I've seen, the new series' do indeed suck. I'm not fond of animals as main characters, anyway. Of course, I'm also a 30 year old man and most of jumps readers are younger.
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 15:57   Link #1558
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
It seems like Medaka is slipping through the stream and avoiding becoming a casualty. Even if HXH is returning, there is currently a vacant spot in Jump right now, seeing as One Piece is having an extra special next week in addition to its regular chapter and there is a Oneshot this week. And seeing as it probably won't end any time soon (since Jump usually has a new set of series start at the beginning of the year) we can assume that Medaka Box will last until the early spring, at least.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 07:57   Link #1559
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
New RAWs are out.

Spoiler:
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 08:22   Link #1560
Arturro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cracow
Age: 36
No, it's just looking like the balls Zenkichi have in last chapter, wasn't his balls, just he borrowed them for a few hours from Medaka brother. And now we have our old Zenkichi as an useless narrator.
__________________
I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.