AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-11-19, 09:11   Link #1561
K. Shiruto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Medaka Box is in 14th place this week.
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 11:19   Link #1562
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Spoiler for Concerning the Raw:
Rejuvenation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 15:25   Link #1563
Jourdal
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Age: 24
Seems interesting..more importantly there was fanservice lol.
Jourdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 16:23   Link #1564
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jourdal View Post
Seems interesting..more importantly there was fanservice lol.
Yeah, I'm going to wait until I see the translation before I say anything else. And yes, there was fan service. Poor Zenkichi.... or should I say lucky? I guess it depends on your perspective.
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 16:30   Link #1565
Jourdal
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Age: 24
Lucky imo..he can show off some other way that getting through a door...though i wish it was just swim girl...
Jourdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 17:11   Link #1566
K. Shiruto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
For second consecutive week, Medaka Box stays out from the bottom. Not just that, it got 14th place.
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 18:03   Link #1567
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
For second consecutive week, Medaka Box stays out from the bottom. Not just that, it got 14th place.
Actually, the new rankings aren't out yet. 14th place was this week and the week before that, it was dead last. So, it's only been out of the bottom five for one week so far. We won't see the next bottom five until Sunday.
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 17:47   Link #1568
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
New RAWs are out.

Spoiler:
I haven't seen the raw but why would he try to get in on his own when he's going with Medaka? And seriously who cares what he does right now lol... shouldn't you be more worried about what he does when it matters? It's not like you're going to say.. "yeah so what if Zen punched the King and knocked him back.. HE DIDN'T BREAK IN ON HIS OWN LIKE AKUNE DID!!!".
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 21:01   Link #1569
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I haven't seen the raw but why would he try to get in on his own when he's going with Medaka? And seriously who cares what he does right now lol... shouldn't you be more worried about what he does when it matters? It's not like you're going to say.. "yeah so what if Zen punched the King and knocked him back.. HE DIDN'T BREAK IN ON HIS OWN LIKE AKUNE DID!!!".
Right, I find this event in question completely trivial and shouldn't be analyzed as it is, it's simply being used for comedic effect. If you think about it, Zenkichi is the only straight man (in reference to a comedy duo that is, the straight man and funny man) in the student council. He's not suppose to be at the forefront of the crazy antics, he's suppose to react to them or be a casualty of them.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 22:42   Link #1570
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I haven't seen the raw but why would he try to get in on his own when he's going with Medaka? And seriously who cares what he does right now lol... shouldn't you be more worried about what he does when it matters? It's not like you're going to say.. "yeah so what if Zen punched the King and knocked him back.. HE DIDN'T BREAK IN ON HIS OWN LIKE AKUNE DID!!!".
Only reason I said that is because Medaka went in first and left him behind to find his own way in, but he just stood there.

Eh, I didn't really find the event that funny. Of course, much of the humor in the manga hasn't really done much for me, outside of a few events (Yankee-kun seems to handle the tuskkomi thing much better).

I didn't say it was the end of the world. It just felt like a step backwards because I prefer the proactive Zenkichi over the reactive, passive one. You guys really like to jump down people's throats for expressing an opinion, don't you?
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 22:58   Link #1571
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
You guys really like to jump down people's throats for expressing an opinion, don't you?
We jump the gun as quick as you guys do when you see a pic out of context "omg medaka blushed at her brother!" ^_^
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 23:40   Link #1572
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
We jump the gun as quick as you guys do when you see a pic out of context "omg medaka blushed at her brother!" ^_^
True, we may jump the gun on some things, but at least it's just towards the manga. I'll never criticize someone's opinion if it, love it or hate it. :P And please note, I'm
not in the "I hate Medaka Box" camp. I actually support it and enjoy things about it as well as giving it credit when it does something good.

Right now, I'm really missing the lack of Shiranui. I know she's still around, but she has a much better chemistry with Zen than Medaka has (which I feel is severely lacking for q main protagonist duo) and they make me laugh when they're together so much more than anything else.
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 23:44   Link #1573
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
You have to realize it's a cycle, if you jump the gun on something like the Medaka blushing at her brother bs that went on for a few page than expect people to jump on you. It still doesn't change the point of my post which is "right now is meaningless compared to what's to come". It sounds like you'll be happy if Zen broke in by himself and that was it. Judge Zen for being a failure or half competant after the King thing, that's where he needs to do something to prove he's not a useless character.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 23:54   Link #1574
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
You have to realize it's a cycle, if you jump the gun on something like the Medaka blushing at her brother bs that went on for a few page than expect people to jump on you. It still doesn't change the point of my post which is "right now is meaningless compared to what's to come". It sounds like you'll be happy if Zen broke in by himself and that was it. Judge Zen for being a failure or half competant after the King thing, that's where he needs to do something to prove he's not a useless character.
Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. Though, given what the manga has shown us so far, it'll most likely be Medaka's show again.
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 00:33   Link #1575
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. Though, given what the manga has shown us so far, it'll most likely be Medaka's show again.
This is correct ... for the most part.

Spoiler for spoilers, mostly reiteration of a previous spoiler post:


I realize I skipped a whole bunch of stuff because I kinda read it in a hurry (I HATE CLASS), so you guys should wait for the translation if anything.

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2009-11-21 at 00:55. Reason: Didn't realize there's a previous post on this, so just added a little.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 00:34   Link #1576
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
You have to realize it's a cycle, if you jump the gun on something like the Medaka blushing at her brother bs that went on for a few page than expect people to jump on you.
Hold on now, that isn't fair because we had no way of knowing that the spoiler pic was altered. At least we had images, more often than not, Naruto and Bleach spoilers are fake summaries and people still jump to conclusions just as fast. At the time, it was the most logical conclusion to jump to. Whatever the case, this whole deal with jumping on people's throats for expressing one's opinion is rather silly, we're all expressing our opinions here and all have the probability to be disagreed against. It just so happens that two people consecutively disagreed with klg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
This is correct.

Spoiler for spoilers:
I figured as much, still doesn't change the levity of the situation.

Spoiler for Medaka Box 28:
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 00:51   Link #1577
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Hold on now, that isn't fair because we had no way of knowing that the spoiler pic was altered. At least we had images, more often than not, Naruto and Bleach spoilers are fake summaries and people still jump to conclusions just as fast. At the time, it was the most logical conclusion to jump to. Whatever the case, this whole deal with jumping on people's throats for expressing one's opinion is rather silly, we're all expressing our opinions here and all have the probability to be disagreed against. It just so happens that two people consecutively disagreed with klg.



I figured as much, still doesn't change the levity of the situation.

Spoiler for Medaka Box 28:
oK, I SCREWED UP, reread the chapter again (see what I mean about reading it in a hurry).

Spoiler for how Kikaijima got through:

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2009-11-21 at 00:57. Reason: Added a little more.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 01:48   Link #1578
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
^Thanks for letting us know. Akune smashing it 152 times sounds comical. Even funnier that the two people at the gate didn't try to stop him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Right, I find this event in question completely trivial and shouldn't be analyzed as it is, it's simply being used for comedic effect. If you think about it, Zenkichi is the only straight man (in reference to a comedy duo that is, the straight man and funny man) in the student council. He's not suppose to be at the forefront of the crazy antics, he's suppose to react to them or be a casualty of them.
Pfft, good luck telling that to most of the MB hate brigade. It seems to me that if Zenkichi isn't the center of the MBverse they will whine about it. "Omg Nabeshima saved Medaka instead of Zenkichi!" which was an experience Medaka learned from(omg character development for the God Mode Sue) and a lesson Zenkichi wouldn't have been able to teach her. Never mind the fact one of the characters Nishio introduced earlier got to be relevant again. Then there is the whole mess with the King that most of them misinterpreted and blew way out of proportion.

Not like things revolving around Medaka should be that surprising when the series is called Medaka Box. A good portion of this fan base suffers from massive amounts of Fan Dumb


Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
We jump the gun as quick as you guys do when you see a pic out of context "omg medaka blushed at her brother!" ^_^
lololol.

Last edited by Rejuvenation; 2009-11-21 at 02:58.
Rejuvenation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 02:05   Link #1579
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Good job at flaming half the people on the board. Can we at least try and keep things civil instead of calling each other names and accusing people of whining? All it does is lead to more insults.

As for the manga revolving around Medaka, you have to realize this is a shounen manga, so is it any surprise that the readers, mostly male, prefer to get behind a male character they can identify with instead of some whacked out superwoman? I'd read shoujo if I wanted that. I don't need my male leads to be physically strong, I just need them to be active in the story instead of being passive, as Zen is 95% of the time. That's just personal preference, though.

Anyway...

Spoiler:
__________________

Last edited by KLGChaos; 2009-11-21 at 02:19.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 03:01   Link #1580
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
That wasn't a flame, that was pointing out how ridiculous some of the claims are. I can understand some complaints about the series but most of the stuff like why the story revolves around Medaka or why Zenkichi is following Medaka around so much despite the fact that is what he wants to do gets tiring. Not that I'm accusing you specifically of all the above.

As for it being a shounen manga, loads of shounen leads do absolutely ridiculous and super human things. Just because its a woman doing it this time it doesn't make her that much harder to relate to. We still see that she is far from perfect despite her abilities, expresses regret at her inability to do certain things, is struggling to not be isolated, and outright rejects the notion of geniuses so she can stay within the realms of normality. I actually find it amusing that she deludes herself to that extent but it will probably be part of her character development to eventually accept who she is.

Spoiler:
Rejuvenation is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.