AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Angel Beats!

Notices

Old 2010-04-08, 17:37   Link #781
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
It's funny because it seems like everywhere I go people are all but trying to convince me that I should bow down to KEY's storytelling and their apparent superiority over others in just about every way. It's all just a bunch of extremism on both sides as far as I'm concerned because few seem to be able to give a measured and thoughtful opinion on anything anymore.
Excuse me but can you please stop with the McCarthy style of paranoid biased perception of others? As far as people remember, guys were breaking their desk in frustration because you appeared unwilling to listen and accept any valid point they had made. It's no wonder, those have given up.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 23:15   Link #782
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Okay you dont like maeda writing and also key, enough is enough kaioshin, i respect your opinion.. now can you leave us in peace ;D
Old 2010-04-09, 00:31   Link #783
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
When Maeda is credited with the series composition and planning along with the original story I think he deserves to be named ahead of anyone else with regard to how things turn out.
But really have you read anything/ played anything he wrote? That was really the main argument since we are complaining about writing. As for his involvement I wouldn't put his name first since he didn't have directing control over the entire outcome. Not to say the story will not have any faults, I would rather just judge the show when it is all out.

Last edited by Leo_Otaku; 2010-04-09 at 00:42.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 00:35   Link #784
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Even then, this is drastically different, so far, from what he's written.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 00:36   Link #785
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
I think his point is if you stamp your name all over something and it fucks up, then it's you that fucked up. There is a reason some authors/writers demand their name taken off a derivative once they attend the prepublication viewing. Mind you I'm in the camp that thinks ep1 was great.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 00:47   Link #786
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
That is true but I believe the director is the one who makes the ultimate choices in what we see. It is obvious Maeda was involved with the process. To say the faults of the final product are all on him doesn't really seem all that fair. I understand seeing that he is like the campaign for the show so he is receiving a lot of the back lash.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 00:53   Link #787
musouka

When people say that Yuri is similar to Haruhi, it doesn't mean that her characterization is a carbon copy. What Yuri's problem is is that her mannerisms are practically a copy of Haruhi's, from the way she stands, to the way she gestures, even the way she expresses annoyance.

To be honest, that was incredibly distracting the entire first episode. The way she "moved" felt Haruhi, even if she wasn't exactly the same in personality or goals.
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 01:01   Link #788
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
It's funny because it seems like everywhere I go people are all but trying to convince me that I should bow down to KEY's storytelling and their apparent superiority over others in just about every way. It's all just a bunch of extremism on both sides as far as I'm concerned because few seem to be able to give a measured and thoughtful opinion on anything anymore.
I really do hope you're not referring to this thread because so far, I haven't seen anyone trying to convince you to "bow down to Key's storytelling." I agree that there is extremism on both sides but realize that you're a part of one of those sides considering your initial reaction to the first episode, it was far from "measured and thoughtful" if you ask me. You were pretty sarcastic and way too critical considering that we've only seen one episode. I would hope that you don't judge a book off it's first chapter, I've seen plenty of stories get off to a staggering start only to impress me by the end. So let's give this series a chance to find it's own way before getting too worked up about it.

Mind you, I don't necessarily disagree with your reaction to the first episode but let's tone down the rhetoric a little.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 01:47   Link #789
relentlessflame

*Administrator

At the end of the day, everyone just has to accept that each person has their reasons for being in this thread. Not everyone's here because they actually enjoy the show, or even want to try to enjoy the show. Some are only watching the show because of its hype/pedigree, and some are here with the express purpose of causing forum drama. Some people are just looking for faults, and will jump on any opportunity to poke at any weakness because they know it riles people up. There is no point in indulging these sort of people or their comments. Take whatever nuggets of truth you can find, and discard the rest. If it gets into serious trolling territory, just report it.
Old 2010-04-09, 14:09   Link #790
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Spoiler for episode 2:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 15:11   Link #791
Scython

OP for those interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQWdFi3sVu8
Scython is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 15:49   Link #792
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scython View Post
Tenshi is win!@!!!!!!!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 15:51   Link #793
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I have to say, I really like this song a lot, and the animation that goes along with it. Of course, I play piano, so maybe I'm biased that way (plus I really like Tenshi's character design a lot too). Some of the 3D CG camera effects are more effective than others, but I like the camera work in general -- some really nice cinematography and use of colour/composition. I assume the scenes in the middle (the "briefing" section) will change with each episode. Love the wings at the end!
Old 2010-04-09, 16:04   Link #794
Roardel

Spoiler for episode 2:
Roardel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 16:15   Link #795
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Yusa MINE. And Sekine is <3

As for the episode itself, uh I'm not sure what kind of show I'm watching. Comedy? Action? Concert? It switched from a weird first half to a more serious tone after the break, even though I don't really understand why exactly they need to pull off a concert instead of just stealing a few coupons through whatever means. The concert itself was quite nice though.

Also lol Key Coffee.
Eisdrache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 16:21   Link #796
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Piano? NICE. I love the animation for it too. The only thing I dislike about this opening is the red ECG graph showing up...
Old 2010-04-09, 17:31   Link #797
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Spoiler for ep2:

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 17:31   Link #798
Archon_Wing
Throw it on the ground
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
The OP is awesome (scenes match the song too); more impressive than the actual show so far.
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 18:28   Link #799
Key Board
Donut

Spoiler for Episode 2:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-04-09 at 18:35. Reason: I'm going to add the spoiler tags just out of consideration for sub-only viewers
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 18:34   Link #800
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Still some awkward animations, but some close up scenes looked really gorgeous.

Spoiler for Guro fetish:

Tags
key