AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Angel Beats!

Notices

Old 2010-04-10, 17:10   Link #881
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
TK was obviously shot by a rival. But his fans still believe he's alive.
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 17:14   Link #882
Tsuchi

Quote:
TK was obviously shot by a rival. But his fans still believe he's alive.
And that's what counts in the end! TK will never die!

Also, anyone else chuckled when Yuri didn't complain about Otonashi grabbing her (blush included) but reacted violently afterwards?

I very did.
Tsuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 17:18   Link #883
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchi View Post
And that's what counts in the end! TK will never die!

Also, anyone else chuckled when Yuri didn't complain about Otonashi grabbing her (blush included) but reacted violently afterwards?

I very did.
Yuri is srz business. She has her priorities set out and won't let stuff like that interfere with her goals until they are in the clear.
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-04-10, 17:31   Link #884
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchi View Post
Damn, this episode got me stuck to the screen. Yuri's past was much more shocking than I expected. Regarding her possible suicide, she seems just too stubborn about it. Looks pretty obvious, but since she said that noone there commited suicide...

Nah, it's hard to believe.

Nice setting development there, too.

I think it would may be asking too much for such a short series, but I think it'd be awesome to know about the background of the rest of members (how they died and such).

Especially TK. : |
My thoughts are that this place is a purgatory like place. Because they keep on saying you'll disappear if you're useless. So wouldn't that mean you have some attachment left to life, like if you were rebelling? So suicides don't go there because suicides don't go to heaven, so they never reach purgatory?
Old 2010-04-10, 17:40   Link #885
Fishfood1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Yes, but the risk is considerably less. You can't just assume you'll be okay even if she does get you. It's better to act like your life IS on the line, just in case.
well, given that she hasn't done any major damage so far other than forcing the guild to self-destruct, we'll see if there will be any victims, and if she can do something worse than temporary death. otherwise they've been wasting ammos.

anyways i mentioned earlier in a not-serious post, that they could use some rather weird weapons to try to stop Tenshi. but then again who knows, as she'll just pull another spell up her sleeve and just escape like nothing's there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Hurray someone finally said it.
oh so now your feeding everyone the idea she's Exia

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 17:46   Link #886
Tsuchi

Quote:
Yuri is srz business. She has her priorities set out and won't let stuff like that interfere with her goals until they are in the clear.
Oh, come on, that behavior of hers was kind of revealing.

But maybe it's just me. Too soon for love to appear, maybe. Who knows.
Quote:
My thoughts are that this place is a purgatory like place. Because they keep on saying you'll disappear if you're useless. So wouldn't that mean you have some attachment left to life, like if you were rebelling? So suicides don't go there because suicides don't go to heaven, so they never reach purgatory?
Maybe, but that could still be enmarked into a "comma fantasy dream" setting, as some may speculate already (see that vital constants-like line below the title of the anime? That's gotta have something to do with the truth, paranoia paranoia).

Your vision seems perfectly fine too; if Tenshi is an angel she'd go down there to rescue these poor souls from Purgatorio by force, since she seems to be hunting them. Or... something like that.
Tsuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 17:54   Link #887
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Well, getting a teammate killed and making the mission harder tends to get people pissed. My point is maybe, but not yet.
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-04-10, 18:14   Link #888
kuro341
Lucky Star love anyone?

I just find it weird that they revealed Yuri's past was already revealed in this episode. isn't she the main heroine (or a really major one).
Key must have something up their sleeve to jump into the story like they did already....
Old 2010-04-10, 18:17   Link #889
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

We still don't know how she died and she doesn't want to say anything, so that will probably drop another bombshell for that occasion.
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-04-10, 18:29   Link #890
Roardel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuro341 View Post
I just find it weird that they revealed Yuri's past was already revealed in this episode. isn't she the main heroine (or a really major one).
Key must have something up their sleeve to jump into the story like they did already....
I think the largest mysteries are who is the angel and how this world has created and where the missing people will go. Not the personal past of the characters.
Roardel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 18:38   Link #891
Kristen
*Author

There's obviously something very large at play for them to show Yuri's traumatic past. Something much more sad. Like maybe people start disappearing or something.
Old 2010-04-10, 18:44   Link #892
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Did anyone notice that all of the scenes shown at 0:53 - 0:58 were in the episode? I wonder if they'll be changing that for each of the OPs.
Old 2010-04-10, 18:50   Link #893
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Also, people need to realize that as far as the precise mechanics go, a nuke may be simple in theory, but it took one of the largest industrial undertakings in history (The Manhattan Project) with some of the brightest minds in science to turn the atomic bomb into reality. Firearms are infinitely easier both in theory and in practice to manufacture and operate than nuclear weapons.
You'll be surprised how easy gun-type designs are, the hard part of getting a nuke is getting the fissile material. The guys who made the Hiroshima bomb didn't even test it being so confident it would just "work".

Quote:
  • Radiation poisoning and the resulting cancer is a very painful (or irritating) way to die.
  • I doubt they have the blueprints for rad suits, much less nukes (they're actually pretty complicated, the simplest being the gun-type assembly pure fission design you mentioned). Also, there is a lot of physics and math involved.
  • Scale. The battlefield is too small to consider nukes as viable strategic options, unless of course you're going for MAD (though I think Tenshi could just shrug off a nuke anyway).
Would still love to see them try, maybe they can bury Tenshi with it. Maybe she has a GS - Shovel.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 18:50   Link #894
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Did anyone notice that all of the scenes shown at 0:53 - 0:58 were in the episode? I wonder if they'll be changing that for each of the OPs.
That's exactly what I was thinking, and it'd be really cool if they really did change it for each episode.
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-04-10, 18:57   Link #895
kuro341
Lucky Star love anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roardel View Post
I think the largest mysteries are who is the angel and how this world has created and where the missing people will go. Not the personal past of the characters.
I do agree with you that the biggest mystery is finding out who is this angel and how is she played out throughout this story. I do not agree with, though, is where the people go and what is the world. But, I am basing it off of other Key works in which the characters get the most development. But with so many characters int this show....
I do not know where Key/P.A. Works are going with this. I am just glad that it is not (at least so far) predictable and cliche as most other animes these days (I am not saying that those anime is bad at all, most are pretty good. But its good for something different. Hopefully Angel Beats is one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
There's obviously something very large at play for them to show Yuri's traumatic past. Something much more sad. Like maybe people start disappearing or something.
Honestly, I am waiting for something like that to happen. Its Key after all...

However, that reminds me on something that I post later (as this post is too f***in long)
Old 2010-04-10, 19:02   Link #896
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
It wouldn't be hard for them to do that. I know some series do that in their EDs, and I don't see how it would be any harder doing it in an OP.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 20:08   Link #897
hero147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roardel View Post
I'm actually very curious about Otonashi's past.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 20:15   Link #898
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Well episode 2 was a lot better than the first since all the introductions are behind us and only plot and good old fashioned fun awaits us.

I for one am throughly enjoying the gags so far, it reminds me a bit of Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-Chan but with the gore toned down and I like it.

Btw while watching the OP (for the nth time since it's growing on me as predicted, <3 Lia) and on this scene in particular I started to wonder: am I the only one who thinks Yuri and Tenshi kind of look alike? I wonder if it's just a consequence of the character designs and I'm over thinking things (it probably is).

Dextro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 20:37   Link #899
Dralha

Spoiler for Ep 2:
Old 2010-04-10, 20:56   Link #900
Ultra Violet
Not a color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post

Btw while watching the OP (for the nth time since it's growing on me as predicted, <3 Lia) and on this scene in particular I started to wonder: am I the only one who thinks Yuri and Tenshi kind of look alike? I wonder if it's just a consequence of the character designs and I'm over thinking things (it probably is).

I think it's just the style of the drawing itself....

Spoiler for Yuri and Tenshi:

This pic look like they're siblings thought.... maybe they are...?
But that would be nearly impossible.

Tags
key