AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-06-29, 18:02   Link #21
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Best trap (reverse?(reverse?(OH GOD BRAINF*CK))) ever since Haruhi Fujioka. The mind games this manga makes at readers is insane.

I'll be very disappointed if Aikawa doesn't turn out to be a girl. It's officially categorized as shounen, though, so now I have no hidden shame in reading on this man/trap series.

Why do you do this to me, Japan?
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 13:19   Link #22
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Everyone should just come out and call this manga YOAI, cuz thats what it is. Most people would normally take a person word for it when they call themselves a female or male. "that" person even went into a guys bathroom~! thats a joke gone too far if she was still kidding about her gender...
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 00:50   Link #23
Used Can

I've got a question about this manga. Prunus Girl gets monthly releases, right? Has anyone heard anything about June's release (i.e. chapter 5)?
Old 2009-07-03, 05:29   Link #24
iceyfw

i love the interactions between maki and kizuna. the part in chapter 3 i believe where maki's friend tells him to basically come strong onto kizuna made me LoL. that would mean coming strong onto a guy which would be
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 10:12   Link #25
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I've got a question about this manga. Prunus Girl gets monthly releases, right? Has anyone heard anything about June's release (i.e. chapter 5)?
It's been up to chapter 15-ish already. I looked at the translators and they seem to just do whatever they like, so I have no idea if they still care to continue.
Old 2009-07-05, 11:27   Link #26
Miles Teg

The manga is published in the Monthly Gangan Joker so chapter 5 should have been released last month (22/06).

Last edited by Miles Teg; 2009-07-05 at 11:38.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 14:29   Link #27
Used Can

Actually, I checked the 2ch thread not so long ago, and the 5th chapter indeed came out.

The first volume is being released on August 22nd.
Old 2009-07-05, 19:37   Link #28
Hunk
Awaken Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
It's been up to chapter 15-ish already. I looked at the translators and they seem to just do whatever they like, so I have no idea if they still care to continue.
It doesn't seem there is any raw yet... =/ (or I couldn't manage to find them )
Old 2009-07-06, 23:54   Link #29
AdventSleeper

Quote:

Hmmm, from what I see this series started in 2009 and it's a monthly manga, no way 15 chapters could be out.
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-13, 09:20   Link #30
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmIaNeRd View Post
Hmmm, from what I see this series started in 2009 and it's a monthly manga, no way 15 chapters could be out.
Good to know. I may have confused this for some other series.

On the other hand, here's trouble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gangan_Comics
Prunus Girl (Tomoki Matsumoto)(As of 03.07.09 went on hiatus due to the author becoming infected with the H1N1 strain of influenza)
Unsourced, but certainly worrying.
Old 2009-07-15, 04:48   Link #31
Hunk
Awaken Dreamer

Quote:
On the other hand, here's trouble.

Unsourced, but certainly worrying.
Some fearsome news

Anyways, raws of chapter 5 are finally out : http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/details/40831.
Old 2009-07-15, 23:53   Link #32
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunk View Post
Some fearsome news

Anyways, raws of chapter 5 are finally out : http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/details/40831.
Ah, girls asking why he/she is hairless. Classic.

I'm still trying to get used to the fact that they're wearing slippers. Apparently it happens quite often? If so, I'm really surprised that no other series has portrayed this.
Old 2009-07-17, 07:19   Link #33
Cloudy

I hope the author recovers soon.
Old 2009-07-19, 01:32   Link #34
Jze0
Hmmm...

Just started reading this and yeah... its a trap. Personally I don't like gender-benders so when coming to read this I was hesitate at first but to my surprise I found it to be pretty interesting. I really like the interaction between Maki and Aikawa, the teasing is really fun to watch. I really hope Aikawa is a girl otherwise I wouldn't feel to good about having read a yaoi manga. Anyway I'll continue to read this just to see where it goes...
Old 2009-07-19, 02:03   Link #35
Used Can

I wonder what Kizuna told Maki by the end of chapter 5 that it gave him a nightmare.
Old 2009-07-19, 02:18   Link #36
Jze0
Hmmm...

^
I Think he/she told him he/she has hair you know where. If I were confused like Maki is then I'd probably have nightmares too.
Old 2009-07-19, 15:07   Link #37
Used Can

Both, men and women, have pubic hair. That's nothing to be scared/surprised about.

Anyway, what freaked him out was the method Kizuna told him he/she used to remove them.
Old 2009-07-22, 15:42   Link #38
Hunk
Awaken Dreamer

Either what was written on Wikipedia was fake, or the author has recovered According to his website, volume 1 is still planned to be released on 22th August, and there is a scheduled autograph session on September.
Old 2009-07-22, 17:40   Link #39
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Anyway, what freaked him out was the method Kizuna told him he/she used to remove them.
there are three methods that i know of for women to remove the hair from the legs. shaving, stripping and chemicals that make the hair fall off. Shaving is the easier and safer but it creates stubs, stripping the hair is painful but makes the legs very smooth, i don't know the downsides of chemicals, maybe the price. the only method that i can think that will cause nightmare will be stripping the hair, just because of the pain. Anyone that has watched "the 40 year old virgin" can understand the process of stripping body hair.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 20:54   Link #40
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunk View Post
Either what was written on Wikipedia was fake, or the author has recovered According to his website, volume 1 is still planned to be released on 22th August, and there is a scheduled autograph session on September.
He probably recovered.
http://tomoki.yukishigure.com/diary.htm

I read his diary, the first word for 7/22 was "Completely revived."
Good to see, since the previous entry on 7/8 basically amounted to "Guys, I'm sorry, but I mentally and physically feel like crap."

Tags
comedy, shounen