AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-18, 22:13   Link #741
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Spoiler for end:

Last edited by Nvis; 2013-02-19 at 01:04. Reason: Spoilers are spoilers.... don't click if you don't want to be spoiled....Don't like it? Don't care.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 00:19   Link #742
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
It seems people have forgotten how to mark spoilers....How was I supposed to know you were spoiling small parts overall in the game and mention a single thing about sunny UNLESS YOU GIVE A PROPER WARNING.....Please include context of spoilers in the future...
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 00:31   Link #743
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

Two more days until it's out in Australia for me.

I hate how behind this country can be sometimes.
Celestia Ludenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 00:48   Link #744
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Just two more hours... I wonder how many people are gonna be lining up for this game.

"Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted" - Alta´r Ibn-La'Ahad
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 01:28   Link #745
kayos
RETIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
It seems people have forgotten how to mark spoilers....How was I supposed to know you were spoiling small parts overall in the game and mention a single thing about sunny UNLESS YOU GIVE A PROPER WARNING.....Please include context of spoilers in the future...
He gave a proper warning, it's in a spoiler tag. Don't blame him for your own curiosity.

You're a long time member, you should know better than this. Don't open spoiler tag if you don't want to be spoiled.
kayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 01:34   Link #746
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
He gave a proper warning, it's in a spoiler tag. Don't blame him for your own curiosity.

You're a long time member, you should know better than this. Don't open spoiler tag if you don't want to be spoiled.

Spoiler tags can mean a ton of things, including people wanting to save space when posting large numbers of videos or just to hide an epic long rant or to hide off-topic posts.

The spoilers themselves can also range from minor to major spoilers.

That's why they gave us the function to label those spoilers.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 02:07   Link #747
kayos
RETIRED

@Chaos2Frozen

Spoiler tags were originally made to hide spoilers, thus the name "spoiler".

I won't argue what's theoretically right or wrong but it doesn't take much to figure something out. You see an empty post with a spoiler tag, what's the first thing that comes to mind?
kayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 02:14   Link #748
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
@Chaos2Frozen

Spoiler tags were originally made to hide spoilers, thus the name "spoiler".
Except that's not what people are just using it for anymore.

Quote:
I won't argue what's theoretically right or wrong but it doesn't take much to figure something out. You see an empty post with a spoiler tag, what's the first thing that comes to mind?
Anything and everything- Because I've seen people use them for anything and everything.

There's a reason why mods would delete a spoiler if they deem it not properly labelled.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-02-19 at 02:31.
Old 2013-02-19, 02:15   Link #749
demino_hellsin
That one guy

If it says spoiler without really a subtitle then you can take it at face value: spoiler.

If you have a videogame like if we make up one or borrow from Devil may Cry.

DmC: Vegril's Downfall

You can't really expect Donte

DmC

just as is, you can expect it to be Devil may Cry but not about anyone or anything specific like the Vergil one.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 04:01   Link #750
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

So the reviews are out and I'm seeing a pattern. And unfortunately I was expecting this

Most of the lower scores are using the in-game completion time for how long it took them to beat the game, which averages between 3 and 5 hours. Why they don't have a sense of the real-world time it took them to play through it is beyond me. Most of the more positive reviews note the actual time it took them (around 7-9 hours).
Old 2013-02-19, 04:10   Link #751
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

I've already surpassed 7 hours into the game, granted I've gone back two chapters to get collectibles and then to get some BP for upgrades but that's part of the game as well. I'll try to upgrade everything before starting chapter 5.

Oh, and Bloodlust absolutely wrecks the Gekkos That spinning air attack tore everything to shreds Against bladewolf I used it's charged-up scissor attack, when he lunges at me- end of phrase one

Too slow for normal cyborgs though, will try it out on the tougher UGs later to see if it's still effective.

EDIT:

Oh, and I figured out what I did wrong with the left arms... Whatever you guys do, don't damage the fingers otherwise it'll count as destroyed

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-02-19 at 04:28.
Old 2013-02-19, 04:47   Link #752
jb8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Devil View Post
So the reviews are out and I'm seeing a pattern. And unfortunately I was expecting this

Most of the lower scores are using the in-game completion time for how long it took them to beat the game, which averages between 3 and 5 hours. Why they don't have a sense of the real-world time it took them to play through it is beyond me. Most of the more positive reviews note the actual time it took them (around 7-9 hours).
So far, reviews are saying this game is worse than DmC.

Hence, why I stopped caring about reviews in the first place.
jb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 08:02   Link #753
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Wow really? Better than DmC? I wonder why, OH BECAUSE THEY WERE PAID OFF!

Don't listen to the "Not better than DmC"

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2013-02-19 at 08:13.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 08:14   Link #754
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!

Inaba also commented on the game's length.

http://www.metalgearsolidtv.com/2013...-platinum.html

"For every chapter you play in the game, it ONLY COUNTS YOUR FASTEST TIME It doesn't track your total play time."

"We came up with this clear time counting system as a way to fairly evaluate players. It hasn't changed since Bayonetta."

"However, I will say it is really disappointing that people try to use a single screen in the game to try and create negative buzz."

I think this image will be used a lot

Spoiler for click:
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 10:02   Link #755
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Gamespot's review is pretty decent, additional points for using Monsoon's theme almost throughout the entire video

Old 2013-02-19, 11:20   Link #756
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match

Heads up, some DmC fanboys are already trying to drag MGR down.

http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/960699-...eance/65492433
Old 2013-02-19, 12:38   Link #757
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^Not surprised. The Capcom fanbase is comprised of some of the biggest idiots. It's no wonder that Americans are perceived negatively around the world.
Old 2013-02-19, 12:45   Link #758
amaterasu4

I thought that Capcom started losing most of its fans during 2012. Even some DMC players considered Metal Gear Rising more promising than DmC. I mean Capcom used to be my favorite company as most of my games were from that company.
Old 2013-02-19, 13:33   Link #759
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match

I don't get it man. I guess anything to make you feel big is the mindset these guys have. (Worded poorly, I know ) There are very few ppl or sources that I trust for reviews those being Adam Sessler, sometimes Eurogamer, user (fan) reviews from Metacritic, and ppl that just know what they're talking about. So what if DmC has good reviews? Truth be told we all kinda saw it coming with the hard on the press has for Ninja Theory. That post was blatant baiting.
Old 2013-02-19, 16:47   Link #760
amaterasu4

Final Metal Gear Rising trailer by Hideo Kojima. This reminds me to the Zone of the Enders videos that showed almost all of the game. Carerful the ones who don't want SPOILERS.

Also I wonder if Inaba will respond to the reviews' claims that the game is short just like he did with twitter.