AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-19, 16:54   Link #761
NK_500
Disabled By Request

Game Revolution scores:

Aliens: Colonial Marines : 3 out of 5
Metal Gear Rising: Revengence : 2 out of 5

So this game is a bigger letdown than more critically panned Aliens: Colonial Marines....
NK_500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 17:04   Link #762
kyp275
ZA ZOMBIE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK_500 View Post
Game Revolution scores:

So this game is a bigger letdown than more critically panned Aliens: Colonial Marines....
Only if you take a single review at face value (mistake #1), while ignoring all the positive reviews (mistake #2), especially when you trust a site with no credibility as they rated Aliens at 3/5, when that piece of junk is more like 1/5.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 17:04   Link #763
Chaos2Frozen
:)

Quote:
Game Revolution scores:

Of all the reviews you choose to make this judgement, you pick them?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 17:10   Link #764
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Spoiler for end:
Oh and to comment on one of your unmarked spoilers within here, Snake does get mentioned. I was having with the Codec during the beginning of the game and Raiden and Kevin talk about him for a bit to the point that Kevin calls him a stalker.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 17:13   Link #765
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!

I made this few minutes after the Monsoon fight.

amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 17:22   Link #766
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

reviews

http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...ng-revengeance

http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/19/meta...omment-page-2/

Play 91/100
gamesTM 9/10
Famitsu 39/40
Eurogamer 9/10
OPM 7/10
Shacknews No Score
IGN 8.5
Destructoid 9/10
GamingBolt 8.5/10
ShopTo No Score <<<<< wat da heel?!
Joystiq 4/5
Gamespot 8.5/10
NowGamer 8/10
Polygon 9/10
New Game Network 79/100
GodisaGeek 8/10
OXM 7/10
Digital Spy 4/5
Videogamer 7/10
Gametrailers 9/2/10
Games.it (Italy) 8.0/10
Hardcore Gamer 4/5
TheGamersPad 8.5/10
One Hit Pixel B-
Expansive No Score <<< wut?
GamingXP (German) 75/100
Bazicenter 9/10
MetalGear.net 9/10
All Things Xbox 7/10
Push Square 7/10
Dealspwn 9/10
Old 2013-02-19, 17:27   Link #767
NK_500
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Of all the reviews you choose to make this judgement, you pick them?
Just shit-for-giggles though. I just surprised how can GR rated this game lower than Aliens: Colonial Marines which is an obvious bigger letdown.
NK_500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 17:59   Link #768
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

A above average game as the ratings and reviews has it and I think reviewers here are not paid.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-02-19, 18:06   Link #769
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match

Really the only review that matters is if you feel it was worth the money you paid for it.
Old 2013-02-19, 18:21   Link #770
jb8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
^Not surprised. The Capcom fanbase is comprised of some of the biggest idiots. It's no wonder that Americans are perceived negatively around the world.
But at the same time you can't blame them. You had people doing the same thing with DmC, in light of the reviews. Many were proclaiming MGR like it's the best thing since slice bread and shoving it down people's throat as a result. This is without playing the whole game entirely.

Now that the game is out and the tables have turned, what do you expect to happen? A game should not be exempt from criticism just because of the studio behind it. Platinum games isn't infallible. I too hate what happened with DmC, but that shouldn't make me gloss over MGR's mistakes.

And while the fanbase might be idiots, they are supportive of the games they do like/have interest in (see fgc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
I don't get it man. I guess anything to make you feel big is the mindset these guys have. (Worded poorly, I know ) There are very few ppl or sources that I trust for reviews those being Adam Sessler, sometimes Eurogamer,user (fan) reviews from Metacritic, and ppl that just know what they're talking about. So what if DmC has good reviews? Truth be told we all kinda saw it coming with the hard on the press has for Ninja Theory. That post was blatant baiting.
You can't mention people knowing what they're talking about and then state this oxymoron beforehand. Even though they suck, I'd trust game informer more than that cesspool of emotions known as the metacritic user reviews. They're just as bad, if not worse than metacritic itself.

So what if DmC has good reviews? So what if any game has good reviews? As long as you're happy, that's the only review that counts.

Quote:
Game Revolution scores:

Edge reviews would be more valid in trying to prove your point, even though I disagree with them from time to time.

MGR- 7/10
DmC- 8/10
Bayonetta- 10/10
jb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 18:26   Link #771
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Well as seen in MGR, there are no bugs, like DmC and pretty much both are compared because it's P* games and we all know who works there now.

The only problem Iam having with this game is the camera shifting.

Spoiler for All Cutscenes:
Old 2013-02-19, 19:35   Link #772
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!

Guys now in Youtube we have access to the full versions of the songs used in the games. The mixes are epic. Check the channel from these videos. Also, we need to make a poll involving favorite themes and bosses, what do you think?

amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 19:53   Link #773
kayos
RETIRED

People (fans) were disappointed with the watered down of NG3 and DmC. Also a lack of good fast paced action game in general.

Not surprised MGR is getting a lot of love.
kayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 20:17   Link #774
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Self, stop using your phone to read topics

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2013-02-19 at 21:09.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 20:24   Link #775
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

imho they cannot trash this game that well recived, because most of them cannot even find bugs on the full game, unlike DmC which almost every week there is a bug posted on youtube and in most cases of people that bought the game it freezes. Also bosses here in MGR have highly intelligent AI's. Don't move they come at you slowly then hit you.

Yep just got my copy. Now playing the hell out of it!
Old 2013-02-19, 20:38   Link #776
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

On another topic.

Man...even now they complain about the MGR manuals? Jeez...lots of trolls these day.
Old 2013-02-19, 20:49   Link #777
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb8 View Post
But at the same time you can't blame them. You had people doing the same thing with DmC, in light of the reviews. Many were proclaiming MGR like it's the best thing since slice bread and shoving it down people's throat as a result. This is without playing the whole game entirely.

Now that the game is out and the tables have turned, what do you expect to happen? A game should not be exempt from criticism just because of the studio behind it. Platinum games isn't infallible. I too hate what happened with DmC, but that shouldn't make me gloss over MGR's mistakes.

And while the fanbase might be idiots, they are supportive of the games they do like/have interest in (see fgc).
Reciprocity, in these circumstances, is never the answer. I'm not saying one side is completely innocent, but Capcom's fanbase as of late has gotten really bad and stupid.
Old 2013-02-19, 22:09   Link #778
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match

@jb8 You're right concerning Metacritic. But I stand by my point on the grounds that (rational) users are just like you and me they'll give their thoughts on how they feel if a game was worth their money.

Like I said before, if you feel you got your enjoyment out of a game then good for you. The main reason I brought up DmC as an example was because I'm getting sick of the DmC fanboys trying knock another game down just to try and make them feel like the game they prefer is vastly superior. Sorry if it turned into a rant.
Old 2013-02-19, 22:23   Link #779
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE Send a message via Skype™ to SOGESNAKE
Soooooo went out early this morning, arrived just before our EB Games opened.... to find a huuuuuuge line outside of it. Was kinda worried that maaaaybe I wouldn't get my copy of Rising today..... until I realized they were all there for Crysis 3. So, got my copy/Gray Fox/Fox Blade/Artbook.... and played about.... 3-4 hours into it?

Honestly, I DO hear ALOT of people complaining about the length.... doesn't really matter to me. From what I've played so far, I'm gonna have alot of hours of replay value just perfecting these missions. Oh.... and everyone's going on about Sundowner's theme and all.... personal favourite so far would be Monsoon's~

Old 2013-02-19, 22:29   Link #780
Chaos2Frozen
:)

So from what I could gather:

Quote:
Wooden Sword: Find all the Men in Boxes
Armor breaker: collect all ID chips (left arms)
Stun Blade: Find all data storage items
Machette: find 10 data storage items
Long Blade: 1st place in all VR missions
In addition, you only get the wigs after completing the game... Armor Breaker as well from what I heard...

I'm only worried whether you need to do so in one complete playthrough Cause I've been jumping chapters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Oh.... and everyone's going on about Sundowner's theme and all.... personal favourite so far would be Monsoon's~
Actually it's just me I like Monsoon's as well, but more for the instrumental than the vocals.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote