AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Old 2009-06-03, 16:28   Link #41
Anubis3200
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekul View Post
Aren't assassins supposed to take their targets out quickly, without talking or listening unless they're stalling for time? If this is her true strength, I'm kind of disappointed in her abilities. If this is her screwing around, then I'm disappointed in her lack of efficiency. I mean, you can boil down most members (besides Soi Fon, Kira, Hitsugaya, Hisagi, Byakuya and Rukia) enjoying the fight or just taking it slow, but there really is no excuse for Soi fon and the others I mentioned.

I do realize that they would run out of show if people had an ounce of common sense.
People... arrancar are almost the same as espada... isn't it logical to learn about arrancar's first instead of killing them off and then facing espada who is 10-20 times stronger and being like "Eehhh... so what can you do? Oh shit! I didn't know about it!"

Yeh their abilities are different by basic still is the same.

You must learn about your enemy before killing him, otherwise you will be like an idiot when facing someone stronger.

EDIT: For exampla make professional judo fighter to fight karate user who is.. I don't know... green/blue belt? And after that he would have to fight black karate fighter... wouldn't it be logical to learn what karate is all about while fighting someone weaker than when fighting someone stronger? You won't have time to analyze later! Proffesional won't let you.
Anubis3200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 17:43   Link #42
Petbe
Wingless Angel

Analyzing is not the problem though. I do not think anyone would disagree that analyzing is a good way to take them down. But analyzing has its limits, the whole point is to take down the person without using to much strength. But while keeping this up, she is still getting hit and wasting time.

It is because there are still Arrancar left, I would think that taking on unnecessary damage would be bad.
Old 2009-06-03, 18:04   Link #43
Anubis3200
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petbe View Post
Analyzing is not the problem though. I do not think anyone would disagree that analyzing is a good way to take them down. But analyzing has its limits, the whole point is to take down the person without using to much strength. But while keeping this up, she is still getting hit and wasting time.

It is because there are still Arrancar left, I would think that taking on unnecessary damage would be bad.
At some point you are right, but I don't think that she got so much damage... if you are experience fighter, you will know how to make it all less painful and get less damage.

And also from other point of view, you it could be good to have rough idea about how strong the hits have gotten...

But what might make it look all worse it the thing that animators had stretched the fight. In manga she didn't take so much damage.
Old 2009-06-03, 18:36   Link #44
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis3200 View Post
At some point you are right, but I don't think that she got so much damage... if you are experience fighter, you will know how to make it all less painful and get less damage.
She took enough damage to be used as a torpedo against that mammoth arrancar. She also looks pretty pissed at the end of the episode so things arent going as planned for her.

Actually Im sure she could take out that arrancar pretty fast but decided to analyze him for whatever reason. From my point of view it would be better to just take that guy out and then support the other fighters. And just why does she need to be hit thrice to find out that his speed, attack and agility have improved. Cant you tell that after one attack? >_>
Old 2009-06-03, 18:46   Link #45
Anubis3200
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
She took enough damage to be used as a torpedo against that mammoth arrancar. She also looks pretty pissed at the end of the episode so things arent going as planned for her.

Actually Im sure she could take out that arrancar pretty fast but decided to analyze him for whatever reason. From my point of view it would be better to just take that guy out and then support the other fighters. And just why does she need to be hit thrice to find out that his speed, attack and agility have improved. Cant you tell that after one attack? >_>
Like if in Bleach universe it matters
If to be real at some point, half of them should be dead by now...
It's not like she is the only one like this... take Kenpachi as example. Yeh he loves fighting but still...

Each attack might be different. It's not like every attack is exactly the same...

Won't work... if you didn't notice Barragan seems to be free and since she is fighting his fraccion, I really doubt that he will let her pass... He will be really pissed off in my opinion!
Old 2009-06-03, 19:20   Link #46
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

...What? Im having trouble understanding what you are trying to say.

Are you seriously compairing Soi Fon and Kenpachi?
I never said that she would take half of them out alone. Nor does she need to pass Barragan, who would be intercepted by the captain commander anyway. She could take out tiger guy and go fight mammoth, who would be taken out pretty fast since he just sacrificed his speed. Then both of them go help Matsumoto making it 3v3. Or they could go help whoever they want. Or just stand around drinking tea.
Old 2009-06-03, 20:15   Link #47
scorpio516

So when's the new OST coming out??? They really need some fresh music, I'm quite tired of the bound arc music!
scorpio516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 20:16   Link #48
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

yeah this episode really pissed me off...and i can't really agree with those of you who are arguing that she is just analyzing.

Sure, if you want to analyze, go ahead. But don't get hurt in the process. She seems pissed half the time, and has this "shock" on her face, and is getting slapped around. You can still defend well and analyze.

And so, since she isn't really defending well, that really leads me to one conclusion...she's really not that strong. But she's depicted so darn weak in this fight, and thats what really pisses me off. IT drags the unnecessary fights out really long, and takes away from the whole "pwnt-ness" factor of the character.

Idk, this episode made soi fon look like a frigging idiot. I knew this would happen the instant they gave her the "upperhand" at the end of the previous episode.

*sigh*
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 20:40   Link #49
Anubis3200
Banned

Quote:
...What? Im having trouble understanding what you are trying to say.

Are you seriously compairing Soi Fon and Kenpachi?
I never said that she would take half of them out alone. Nor does she need to pass Barragan, who would be intercepted by the captain commander anyway. She could take out tiger guy and go fight mammoth, who would be taken out pretty fast since he just sacrificed his speed. Then both of them go help Matsumoto making it 3v3. Or they could go help whoever they want. Or just stand around drinking tea.
I'm telling you that there is no way she could help Matsumoto since Barragan would block the way! Geez...
Do you really think Yamamoto will help? Just look at him! "Fight with all you've got!" and then stands to the side like if he has no connection to what is going on! In that case he must be person number 1 to take care of arrancars or espada! His shikai would be enough to burn all arrancars at once!

And in Bleach it doesn't matter how much you are kicked and cut since you still act and look like if it was nothing, you really should have got used to it by now

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
yeah this episode really pissed me off...and i can't really agree with those of you who are arguing that she is just analyzing.

Sure, if you want to analyze, go ahead. But don't get hurt in the process. She seems pissed half the time, and has this "shock" on her face, and is getting slapped around. You can still defend well and analyze.

And so, since she isn't really defending well, that really leads me to one conclusion...she's really not that strong. But she's depicted so darn weak in this fight, and thats what really pisses me off. IT drags the unnecessary fights out really long, and takes away from the whole "pwnt-ness" factor of the character.

Idk, this episode made soi fon look like a frigging idiot. I knew this would happen the instant they gave her the "upperhand" at the end of the previous episode.

*sigh*
That's the anime problem, in manga she wasn't kicked so much!
Yeh she was smashed into the building and maybe did get 2 more hits, but that's it! It is animators who decided to stretch it!

And belive me, if they will continue it like this, all characters will end up looking retarded and weak

And about shock on her face... don't all of them have it in every fight but then BAM! They won!
It is the typical way Bleach works!
Old 2009-06-03, 20:57   Link #50
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Why should Barragan help his or one of the other Fraccion lol. He let four of them die and called them trash, its not like he would have mercy with the remaining two. Barragan wont move until attacked directly.
Old 2009-06-03, 23:36   Link #51
Blaster

I think Ggio made the best comment in Bleach period. About how Soi Fon(and all the captains) should just 2 hit ko him when she pinned him down.

Every damn captain should just ko their opponent when they have a chance instead of taking 3 hits to analyse, 10 minutes to explain and 20 minutes of holding back. Meaning animators should stop all this lousy pacing. This episode is totally shit imo.

1. Soi Fon and Ggio are running around. How many times did Soi Fon got thrown to a building and got out of the 'exact' same spot?

2. Omaeda and the other fat guy is the worst part of the episode. Basically they ninja'd about half of the episode talking.

Really bad work by the anime team. They could have added in some filler fight between Ggio and Soi Fon and Omaeda's fight.

But then again, I guess it's going to get worse since the manga is exceptionally good at dragging things too.
Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 23:37   Link #52
wOoOzZy
Master Blaster

Quote:
She could take out tiger guy and go fight mammoth, who would be taken out pretty fast since he just sacrificed his speed. Then both of them go help Matsumoto making it 3v3. Or they could go help whoever they want. Or just stand around drinking tea.
But that would be a good strategy. This is Bleach. Instead she gives up the chance to win instantly while explaining how cool her finger-sword is and then lets the weaker guy beat up on her.

Actually, after explaining all that it makes sense. She's a masochist. Why else would she have that idiot for a vice-captain?
wOoOzZy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 23:49   Link #53
Vicious108

Good Omaeda, you look kind of cool.

You however, Soifon, do not.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 01:51   Link #54
medigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516 View Post
So when's the new OST coming out??? They really need some fresh music, I'm quite tired of the bound arc music!
dude they have been using music from 3 new soundtracks since 2 years ago
And just because the fillers have stopped does not mean they will forget about an entire soundtrack either
medigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 02:35   Link #55
Ganshou-dono
so hungry...

Send a message via ICQ to Ganshou-dono Send a message via Skype™ to Ganshou-dono
@kitten
give up it's useless...for us it's different...we see it and enjoy it from completely different point of view...such is the fate of manga users in anime thread

I hope she'll bring out bankai and show him that she other-worldly overpowers him in both beauty and power
Ganshou-dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 03:04   Link #56
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Agh, just stab him 2x already! And the fatass argument...ugh. I think I should stockpile these eps till they get back to the real fights.
Old 2009-06-04, 03:53   Link #57
ShinAkuma135
King of Beasts

Send a message via AIM to ShinAkuma135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Agh, just stab him 2x already! And the fatass argument...ugh. I think I should stockpile these eps till they get back to the real fights.
agreed...there is no point of taking up more than one episode for fraccion fights.
ShinAkuma135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 05:33   Link #58
Anubis3200
Banned

Quote:
Why should Barragan help his or one of the other Fraccion lol. He let four of them die and called them trash, its not like he would have mercy with the remaining two. Barragan wont move until attacked directly.
I didn't say Barragan will help them. I said he won't let her pass after she finishes them off since he is only some meters away
So it really is better to learn on weaker ones before going straight after espada who is besides one of top 3 strongests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganshou-dono View Post
@kitten
give up it's useless...for us it's different...we see it and enjoy it from completely different point of view...such is the fate of manga users in anime thread

I hope she'll bring out bankai and show him that she other-worldly overpowers him in both beauty and power
Yeh you are right... manga shows it much better... even Komamura looked weaker in anime
Old 2009-06-04, 06:00   Link #59
Ganshou-dono
so hungry...

Send a message via ICQ to Ganshou-dono Send a message via Skype™ to Ganshou-dono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis3200 View Post
Yeh you are right... manga shows it much better... even Komamura looked weaker in anime
well I downgraded komamura back in SS when aizen took him down in you can say one hit...but now I really like him...his immense strength is just cool...for me he looked equaly cool in both anime and manga...but anime was better cuz I didn't need to press button to switch to next page
but yeah you're right...but only sometimes character looks weaker in one or other...this time it applys for soifon
Old 2009-06-04, 06:12   Link #60
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Soi Fon is boring.
Soi Fon is hot!