AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-06-04, 12:27   Link #81
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Somehow Matsumoto didn't look like eating them...

I do not comprehend your post
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 12:28   Link #82
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
eat rocks? everything is spirit energy right?
One would assume that certain forms of spirit particles could not be consumed by normal methods. Otherwise, the Quincy/Bount abilities that allow them to consume anything made with spirit particles wouldn't be so special.
__________________
Thewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 12:29   Link #83
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I do not comprehend your post
Matsumoto's flashback where she was lying on the ground and dying before Gin brought some food. She surely had a lot of rocks around her...
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 12:30   Link #84
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
Maybe no one's thought of it
You'd think the tech pplz would've invented something similar to the quincy vacuum by now. Well they probably don't give enough of a damn.
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 12:33   Link #85
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Maybe no one's thought of it
You'd think the tech pplz would've invented something similar to the quincy vacuum by now. Well they probably don't give enough of a damn.
It's possible only Quincys and Bounts are the only ones capable of it. Which is strange considering that they're not dead like souls/Shinigami are...

But logic=/=Bleach
__________________
Thewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 12:35   Link #86
Ganshou-dono
so hungry...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Czech Republic
Age: 25
Send a message via ICQ to Ganshou-dono Send a message via Skype™ to Ganshou-dono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
eat rocks? everything is spirit energy right?
eat rocks? whatcha talkin' 'bou'? it's the same with our world...everything is made out of atoms...so you can think of spirit paricles as our atoms...rocks are made out of atoms and food too...same paradox...but if you can prove this all to be wrong maybe you'll win nobel prize I'll be rooting fer ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Maybe no one's thought of it
You'd think the tech pplz would've invented something similar to the quincy vacuum by now. Well they probably don't give enough of a damn.
maybe they did...but we can't know cuz it's not important for the story therefore it's not necessary to be introduced in either manga/anime...same thing with maggot's nest (or how was it called) we didn't know about until it was necessery for story so it was introduced and with it where the hell did crazy-ass guy like mayuri come from
__________________

Last edited by Ganshou-dono; 2009-06-04 at 12:56. Reason: correction
Ganshou-dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 14:11   Link #87
wOoOzZy
Master Blaster
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Age: 28
Is it so hard to believe that SS is like the real world but on a smaller scale? They have rukongai (or whatever) that's their slum so can't they have an agricultural area that grows food for SS?
__________________
NEW TRACKS ADDED 6/25/09
check out my music at...
http://www.myspace.com/homebody
wOoOzZy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 14:19   Link #88
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by wOoOzZy View Post
Is it so hard to believe that SS is like the real world but on a smaller scale? They have rukongai (or whatever) that's their slum so can't they have an agricultural area that grows food for SS?
Either that or they eat the vegetables that have died and have been reborn in SS.
__________________
Thewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 14:19   Link #89
Ganshou-dono
so hungry...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Czech Republic
Age: 25
Send a message via ICQ to Ganshou-dono Send a message via Skype™ to Ganshou-dono
Quote:
Originally Posted by wOoOzZy View Post
Is it so hard to believe that SS is like the real world but on a smaller scale? They have rukongai (or whatever) that's their slum so can't they have an agricultural area that grows food for SS?
I find it hard to believe to not to believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Either that or they eat the vegetables that have died and have been reborn in SS.
nice one
__________________
Ganshou-dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 14:33   Link #90
Crimson Reaper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: England
Quote:
Originally Posted by wOoOzZy View Post
Is it so hard to believe that SS is like the real world but on a smaller scale?
I always thought Soul Society was the same size as the real world. When you think about how many people die every day then you'd need a world as big as ours at least for them all to go. And I'm not too sure about this but wasn't it implied early in the series that only a very small number of the souls in SS could become Shinigami? Now there are at least a few thousend Shinigami, so for that to be a small number then the rest of the SS population must be in the hundreds of millions, and let's not forget how long they live. A lot of Rukongai seems to be nature as well.
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 14:49   Link #91
Ganshou-dono
so hungry...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Czech Republic
Age: 25
Send a message via ICQ to Ganshou-dono Send a message via Skype™ to Ganshou-dono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Reaper View Post
I always thought Soul Society was the same size as the real world. When you think about how many people die every day then you'd need a world as big as ours at least for them all to go. And I'm not too sure about this but wasn't it implied early in the series that only a very small number of the souls in SS could become Shinigami? Now there are at least a few thousend Shinigami, so for that to be a small number then the rest of the SS population must be in the hundreds of millions, and let's not forget how long they live. A lot of Rukongai seems to be nature as well.
that's true...I think it's same thing as with the food...you know just because it wasn't showed it doesn't mean it's not there...like with real world...I would really doubt that whole world is only limited to karakura town same thing with HM...
plus about those souls I think there is constant number of them...there is some kind of circle...I dunno how it goes but it's like when you die then either shinigami will send ya to SS or hollow to HM...when you die in SS I believe you'll be reborn as a human and if you die as hollow you'll go to SS...that's how I see it...and here is the problem with quincy...because they ain't using zanpakutou when killing hollow that will result in killing the soul for all eternity...but if you kill it with zanpakutou it will purify the soul and they go to SS...but because of quincy guys this circle was threatened so they were exterminated...so because of this circling it's sure that none side will get overpopulated...so there probably won't be such a number of souls in SS cuz huge bunch of 'em will be in HM going hunting something yummy in real world otherwise it's just as you said...in SS they live very long life especialy non-shinigamis cuz they don't need to eat and stuff...so SS would be really very much overpopulated...very very much
and I think it was said that there is about several hundrets of shinigamis...but maybe I remember stuff wrong...
__________________
Ganshou-dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 15:30   Link #92
Fran~
floating away...
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beyond World's End
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Soi Fon's style is really attractive to see animated, that's why is a shame that the anime team waste time in dialogues and not in action... this is not filler, i had high hopes since Hisagi's fight, but this episode was a shame.

In Soi Fon and Yoruichi's fights the anime team must put all their efforts and money. I can stand a lazy episode about Hisagi, Kira, etc... but not in Soi Fon and Yoruichi's case.
I will quote myself because a comment i received in a bad rep:
Quote:
Not filler? Just what IS filler then? >_>
I don't know who wrote this, but i cant stop my laughing if someone can't tell the difference between "filler" and "canon". Just for that person:

Canon: Basically, something that is "canon" means that it is something that "actually happened" in that fictional universe.
Filler: In television and other media, material that exists outside the story arc to pad out other material.

It's truly unbelievable that you can get bad rep from some Anon who can't distinguish basic concepts... These episodes are animated from the manga material from chapters 331 and 332. So... This is not Filler!!!
__________________
Improving my english ^^
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 15:44   Link #93
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Canon: Basically, something that is "canon" means that it is something that "actually happened" in that fictional universe.
Not according to some folks on this board, who just claim canon just includes manga material, whether it's manga or anime.
__________________
Thewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 16:18   Link #94
Ganshou-dono
so hungry...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Czech Republic
Age: 25
Send a message via ICQ to Ganshou-dono Send a message via Skype™ to Ganshou-dono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Not according to some folks on this board, who just claim canon just includes manga material, whether it's manga or anime.
yeah well manga is the source...info and everything from someone who created this stuff!...so the least he deserves is distinguishing between his work and work of someone else...especialy if the work of that someone isn't anywhere close to the quality of his work...being him this would piss me off to no end...
__________________
Ganshou-dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 16:21   Link #95
Fran~
floating away...
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beyond World's End
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Not according to some folks on this board, who just claim canon just includes manga material, whether it's manga or anime.
Well, in a board you can debate with some reason to defend your ideas... but this thing about giving good or bad rep because of that it's quite pointless.

I'm not here to gain reps, i just want to talk and share thoughts in a good way.

To give bad reps because you don't agreed, flame wars and shipping are the things i dislike the most... IMHO.

Bad reps are people who is rude or disrespectful... but not if you don't agreed.

So... there... i have no more to say until the next episode of bleach...

Love and Peace
__________________
Improving my english ^^
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 16:51   Link #96
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganshou-dono View Post
yeah well manga is the source...info and everything from someone who created this stuff!...so the least he deserves is distinguishing between his work and work of someone else...especialy if the work of that someone isn't anywhere close to the quality of his work...being him this would piss me off to no end...
I don't see how distinguishing between his work and work of someone else has to do with this. The fact is, anime original episodes are just as official as manga-based episodes and the manga itself. The only anime episodes that "didn't happen" yet so far in the anime is the Amagai arc and the subsequent pair of soccer eps. This is going by what has been said and happened in the anime. Assuming every anime original episode didn't happen in the anime is just a baseless, senseless claim by people who are trying to force manga continuity into the anime.

If the Bount arc "didn't happen", it would be totally self-contained. The modsouls wouldn't still be in the anime. But their mere presence after the anime original episodes proves that those events did happen in the anime continuity, and that the anime itself slightly strayed from the manga continuity.

Has anyone else provided any facts like that? No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Well, in a board you can debate with some reason to defend your ideas... but this thing about giving good or bad rep because of that it's quite pointless.

I'm not here to gain reps, i just want to talk and share thoughts in a good way.

To give bad reps because you don't agreed, flame wars and shipping are the things i dislike the most... IMHO.

Bad reps are people who is rude or disrespectful... but not if you don't agreed
Um... I wasn't talking about reps.
__________________
Thewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 17:01   Link #97
Kamui4356
Aria Company
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Why is it so hard for peple to accept that there are two continuities? Just treat the anime and manga as seperate continuties and there's no problem. The anime is canon for the anime continuity and the manga is canon for the manga continuity. Also filler can most certainly be canon. Just because it's canon doesn't mean there's anything happening.
__________________
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 17:38   Link #98
Fran~
floating away...
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beyond World's End
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
Why is it so hard for peple to accept that there are two continuities? Just treat the anime and manga as seperate continuties and there's no problem. The anime is canon for the anime continuity and the manga is canon for the manga continuity. Also filler can most certainly be canon. Just because it's canon doesn't mean there's anything happening.
It's hard because that's incorrect and gives a wide field to misunderstandings.

There is no 2 continuities. Bleach "the anime" is an adaptation from the manga, the real deal who is written by Kubo.

Lurichiyo's arc is Filler, HM's arc is Canon, because Lurichiyo is an anime only character created to give time to Kubo to create more chapters to be adapted to its anime version, as simple as that.

Manga > Anime. If the Manga ends, the anime also. You can't treat Anime and Manga as separate continuities because it would be full of plotholes and alterations in the original timeline.
__________________
Improving my english ^^
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 17:55   Link #99
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
It's hard because that's incorrect and gives a wide field to misunderstandings.
Um... says you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
There is no 2 continuities. Bleach "the anime" is an adaptation from the manga, the real deal who is written by Kubo.
There is 2 continuities, and the anime isn't an entire adaption. The anime original episodes themselves prove that wrong. Again, you have no facts to support what you're saying and I have already stated facts that support the contrary. Continuing to say things like that without supporting your argument sounds like you're just in denial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Lurichiyo's arc is Filler, HM's arc is Canon, because Lurichiyo is an anime only character created to give time to Kubo to create more chapters to be adapted to its anime version, as simple as that.
Lurichiyo's(Amagai's) arc isn't in continuity with the rest of the anime because of it's individual qualities, not because it's "filler" as you put it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Manga > Anime. If the Manga ends, the anime also.
Tell that to Dragonball GT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
You can't treat Anime and Manga as separate continuities because it would be full of plotholes and alterations in the original timeline.
No there wouldn't be... how would you figure that?

The fact is, the manga and the anime are separate continuities. Why is that so hard to accept?
__________________
Thewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 18:12   Link #100
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: +48 28' 43.50", +16 35' 17.08"
Age: 29
Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516 View Post
So when's the new OST coming out??? They really need some fresh music, I'm quite tired of the bound arc music!
Well, there's a third OST, but those tracks are mostly Arrancar themes. Imo the Gotei should fight with the first OST in the background..

storm center
battle ignition
heat of the battle
enemy unseen
raw breath of danger
and all those depressing "ballads" were awesome

I really really dislike the second OST, it sounds so cheap I can't help myself, and no it's not because the bountos pop into my mind(they were fun to watch once they stepped into SS), hell it's even the same artist and yet it sucks so badly.
__________________
WONDERMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.