AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-06-04, 18:34   Link #101
Fran~
floating away...
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beyond World's End
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
There is 2 continuities, and the anime isn't an entire adaption. The anime original episodes themselves prove that wrong. Again, you have no facts to support what you're saying and I have already stated facts that support the contrary. Continuing to say things like that without supporting your argument sounds like you're just in denial.
To support your reasoning saying that i have no support it's the denial here.
It's really easy to understand... there is a guy who is slave of an editorial who receive money from the adaptation to anime. If there is no Manga, there is no Anime. DB would you say?... everybody recognize DBGT as a fail, idem with the final arcs of Rurouni Kenshin.

Quote:
Lurichiyo's(Amagai's) arc isn't in continuity with the rest of the anime because of it's individual qualities, not because it's "filler" as you put it.
What individual qualities?... the studio is forced to do it in order to not f*ck up Kubo.
I have a very good example of this, Slam Dunk, the anime just ended when they catched up the manga, same deal with Hajime no Ippo. In fact they waited years to launch HnI New Challenger.


Quote:
The fact is, the manga and the anime are separate continuities. Why is that so hard to accept?
Nop, in Bleach case there arent separate continuities, there is only the manga continuity (the one and only). Just think about it... if something happen in the manga that happen in the anime... now, if something happen in the anime, happen in the manga?... the answer is no, because the manga is first and it's the original idea.

Now, when you have an Evangelion, when the anime concept came first and then someone adapted it to a manga, ok (same thing in Light Novels)... but in that is not bleach's case.


Well, what can i say, i respect your POV, but i can't accept it, i have nothing more to say, this is really pointless.

Sorry people for the OT.
__________________
Improving my english ^^
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 18:39   Link #102
Crimrui
Hollow
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: River of solitude
Send a message via Skype™ to Crimrui
If someone is getting bored you should really stop watching after few more episodes past by. Trust me, if you don't loose interest, then you will appreciate the episode when you pick up 5, for example, episodes and watch them in a raw. =)
__________________
Crimrui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 20:06   Link #103
scorpio516
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: norcal
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
I really really dislike the second OST, it sounds so cheap I can't help myself, and no it's not because the bountos pop into my mind(they were fun to watch once they stepped into SS), hell it's even the same artist and yet it sucks so badly.
I was one of the big supporters of the bound arc standing on it own merit. And I liked the music at the time. But that was 3 years of continious use . Sure we got some cool arrancar music that I like, but we need new battle music . I'd be happy with some No. 1 too, but that would wear out it's welcome soon enough.
scorpio516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 23:13   Link #104
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
To support your reasoning saying that i have no support it's the denial here.
It's really easy to understand... there is a guy who is slave of an editorial who receive money from the adaptation to anime. If there is no Manga, there is no Anime. DB would you say?... everybody recognize DBGT as a fail, idem with the final arcs of Rurouni Kenshin.
First of all, you have no proof that there wouldn't be an anime if there was no manga. Many animes continued without a counterpart manga.

And does it matter if DBGT or the final arcs of RK were "fail"? If you wanna argue about it, Trigun. 'nuff said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
What individual qualities?... the studio is forced to do it in order to not f*ck up Kubo.
I have a very good example of this, Slam Dunk, the anime just ended when they catched up the manga, same deal with Hajime no Ippo. In fact they waited years to launch HnI New Challenger.
Forced to? No. And even if they was, that's irrelevant. And the individual qualities i'm talking about is the actual statement at the beginning of the Amagai arc that said it's out-of-continuity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Nop, in Bleach case there arent separate continuities, there is only the manga continuity (the one and only). Just think about it... if something happen in the manga that happen in the anime... now, if something happen in the anime, happen in the manga?... the answer is no, because the manga is first and it's the original idea.
The mere existence of the anime original material, especially the Bount arc modsouls prove that the anime is a separate continuity though. Is the anime getting material from the manga? Yes. But that's not the only material that counts in the anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Now, when you have an Evangelion, when the anime concept came first and then someone adapted it to a manga, ok (same thing in Light Novels)... but in that is not bleach's case.
It don't matter what came first...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Well, what can i say, i respect your POV, but i can't accept it, i have nothing more to say, this is really pointless.
It's not a PoV, it's a matter of accepting the facts presented. There's solid proof that the anime is a separate continuity than the manga, and you're denying the facts. Simple as that. What's the big deal anyway? It's not like the anime being it's own continuity would hurt anything...
__________________
Thewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 23:49   Link #105
Kamui4356
Aria Company
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
To support your reasoning saying that i have no support it's the denial here.
It's really easy to understand... there is a guy who is slave of an editorial who receive money from the adaptation to anime. If there is no Manga, there is no Anime. DB would you say?... everybody recognize DBGT as a fail, idem with the final arcs of Rurouni Kenshin.
The quality of the material isn't really relevant. The important part is that it exists.


Quote:
What individual qualities?... the studio is forced to do it in order to not f*ck up Kubo.
It was specificly stated to not be in continuity, much like the movies tend to be.

Quote:
I have a very good example of this, Slam Dunk, the anime just ended when they catched up the manga, same deal with Hajime no Ippo. In fact they waited years to launch HnI New Challenger.
How they do things with other shows isn't relevant. With Bleach they decided to add in anime original arcs.

Quote:
Nop, in Bleach case there arent separate continuities, there is only the manga continuity (the one and only). Just think about it... if something happen in the manga that happen in the anime... now, if something happen in the anime, happen in the manga?... the answer is no, because the manga is first and it's the original idea.
Yet things do happen in the anime that don't happen in the manga. Also the characters are a bit more powerful in the anime. (Look at the size of the explosions relative to the buildings in each and the amount of collateral damage) While they tell the same story, they aren't the same continuity. The anime is simply a retelling of the manga. It's fairly faithful, but you can't consider them the same continuity. Now a series like Nanoha on the other hand, the anime and manga are in the same continuity. It's not a retelling or adaption, it's a supplement and helps explain things we see in the anime. The Bleach anime on the other hand is an adaptation.

Quote:
Now, when you have an Evangelion, when the anime concept came first and then someone adapted it to a manga, ok (same thing in Light Novels)... but in that is not bleach's case.
Eva may be reversed in media, but the same principle applies, the manga is an adaptation of the anime and a different continuity, just like the bleach anime is an adaptation of the manga.
__________________
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 01:14   Link #106
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
And somehow from a bleach episode discussion this turned into a....wait, what are we discussing again?
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 02:02   Link #107
Crimson Reaper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
And somehow from a bleach episode discussion this turned into a....wait, what are we discussing again?
Exactly...it's just degraded into a Canon vs Filler debate. Guys just use PMs or request a thread for this sort of debate. Let's all get along please.
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 02:16   Link #108
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganshou-dono View Post
being shinigami means to be soldier/warrior you got payment place to live...you think food is for free or what? you think sake is for free?
I don't see a reason why one can't be from rich family and therefore he might have arrogant statements about his load of money...or he could have won in gambling...maybe he's so lucky he wins every friday night
I'm sorry I failed to understand where you see a problem ...is it because kubo didn't waste his time on explaining everything with every little detail?

Payment? They are dead. Rich family? Where? Again, he is dead. This is far from the only detail Kubo has failed to explain. My point is very simple...how can you have filthy rich people in the afterlife...what form of money is used? And why should anyone care after they are dead about finances is beyond me. Of course that is only my perspective.Fine to have a feudal theme going with the show, but the line needs to be firmer imho. I suppose next week Hueco Mundo will need a bail-out. And Aizen will be proven to actually be Bernie Madoff...I suppose my final point is...I love the show, but Kubo is not a great writer, he created something great, but has imho failed to keep up with it.

R.I.P. David Carradine...I wonder if he will make Captain Class?
__________________
LONG LIVE AMAGAI SHUSUKE
Mitsuomi1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 11:45   Link #109
wOoOzZy
Master Blaster
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuomi1971;
Payment? They are dead. Rich family? Where? Again, he is dead. This is far from the only detail Kubo has failed to explain. My point is very simple...how can you have filthy rich people in the afterlife...what form of money is used? And why should anyone care after they are dead about finances is beyond me.
Lurichiyo had a family. And they were rich. And there are other noble families. In SS the souls form families, even if they might not be biological.

And maybe in a different after-life where everything's happy-go-lucky you don't need/want money but this isn't that after-life. Those buildings didn't come out of nowhere. Souls built them. And you don't think they did it for free do you? Plus they gamble in rukongai. It's a society so it's pretty reasonable to assume they have some sort of working economy.
__________________
NEW TRACKS ADDED 6/25/09
check out my music at...
http://www.myspace.com/homebody
wOoOzZy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 14:34   Link #110
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
I understand, it's just that to have currency and rich and poor classes, you must have some sort of economy, and since there is "money" and jewelry it just begs the question...where are the banks? The ATMs? Anywho just making convo...

On the ep itself, Soi's fight is nowhere near as compelling as her first battle with Yoruichi, hell her battle with the Bount was better than this (take that filler haters)
__________________
LONG LIVE AMAGAI SHUSUKE
Mitsuomi1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 16:06   Link #111
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: City of Angels
Am I in the right thread? .. so many people talking about Lurichiyo gives me the impression this might not be the thread I am looking for .. I'll come back if this is the one....
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 19:00   Link #112
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 34
I was just fed up to have listened Omaeda's rambling and mouthing.

The guy's a schmuck and rants about how his family is super-rich in Soul Society.

I admit he did some smart thinking at deceiving that Arrancar, but he spoiled the moment with his victory dance.

By the way, I can only perceive a distinctive flaw at Soi Fon's shikai. Everyone knows that Suzumebachi delivers an instant kill once the target has been hit two times at the same spot, however, the more I think about the more I come to realize that Suzumebachi is not fit for covert attack, rather it defeats the purpose of stealth.

Two flaws:
1. It needs to hit the target twice not once.
2. For the kill to take effect the same spot on the enemy has to be hit twice, if the opponent is struck on a different spot the second time then the user has to try again.

Of course, the more the enemy is struck in different spots at the first round, then the more it increases the certainty that the user will nail the opponent with the death hit on the second time.

The purpose of stealth attacks and cover operations is to plan or act in a way without the enemy realizing one's presence not even once, until its too late for the enemy to realize it once the blow has been dealt to.

I can only think about that Soi Fon possess both super speed and hawkeye accuracy at extreme high levels (even for a Captains' standards) in order to compensate for her shika's tactical weaknesses.
Guido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 02:31   Link #113
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Which brings the next question: is suzumebachi leaked or something, how can everyone know about it when nearly nobody survives seeing it?
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 08:17   Link #114
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
I bet Soi-Fon's bankai, is a giant bee that flies around dripping honey on everyone
__________________
LONG LIVE AMAGAI SHUSUKE
Mitsuomi1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 10:16   Link #115
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: City of Angels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuomi1971 View Post
I bet Soi-Fon's bankai, is a giant bee that flies around dripping honey on everyone
wow wow... hold on there.. one mile at a time... but gotta admit.... that sounds sexe!
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 10:36   Link #116
wOoOzZy
Master Blaster
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Which brings the next question: is suzumebachi leaked or something, how can everyone know about it when nearly nobody survives seeing it?
Because she freakin brags about it and then lets them esacape.
__________________
NEW TRACKS ADDED 6/25/09
check out my music at...
http://www.myspace.com/homebody
wOoOzZy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 11:31   Link #117
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Which brings the next question: is suzumebachi leaked or something, how can everyone know about it when nearly nobody survives seeing it?
When was it mentioned that others know about her Suzumebachi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wOoOzZy View Post
Because she freakin brags about it and then lets them esacape.
1st every freaking character tells their powers

2nd who did she let go? All her enemies are dead as long as I remeber
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 12:05   Link #118
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
I don't think anyone knows about Suzumebachi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
1st every freaking character tells their powers
Not Orihime. Her powers tells her powers! 8D
__________________
Thewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 13:03   Link #119
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
I don't think anyone knows about Suzumebachi.

Not Orihime. Her powers tells her powers! 8D
Alright, Orihime is an exception

EDIT: Actually she is the only character who needs others to explain how her powers work

But really... Ishida told about his powers, Yumichika told about the way his shikai works, Hitsugaya, Byakuya... Zommari, Sayazell, Mayuri... all of them

So please stop making Soi Fon an exception in everything that's possible, it really gets annoying
In russian we call such person "Козёл отпущения", sadly have no idea how to translate it in english properly.
__________________

Last edited by kitten320; 2009-06-09 at 13:15.
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 20:31   Link #120
strategos
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
I finally been able to caught up with bleach. Saw this episode and had to look for the chapter. In the manga the never show how the elephant arrancar was defeated, right/? Was that on purpose?
__________________
Support your favorite Anime/Manga when they are available at you region!!!!

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.