AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2009-06-03, 12:31   Link #81
Anubis3200
Banned

I think we all should calm down and give it a chance... tell me how many of you were impressed with Ichigo's bankai which turned to look like normal sword? Even Byakuya was like "WTF?!" His shikai looked so much cooler! But hey! He got aweasome speed! And if he was clever one, we could see even more!

So I'm sure there is more to soi fon bankai and in comparison to Ichigo, she surely has mastered and improved hers.

Last edited by Anubis3200; 2009-06-03 at 12:46.
Anubis3200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 12:55   Link #82
Fran~
floating away...

Good Lord, this has no end?...

We're reading months about pointless fights, where is mah Aizen?... these fights must end!
Old 2009-06-03, 13:10   Link #83
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
We're reading months about pointless fights, where is mah Aizen?... these fights must end!
Not yet. There are still 2 minutes left for Namek to explode.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 14:14   Link #84
Fran~
floating away...

ahhh... too bad
Old 2009-06-03, 15:47   Link #85
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Not yet. There are still 2 minutes left for Namek to explode.
After that it will take another 15 minutes for it to finish exploding. So they will continue fighting until the 15 mins are over.

@CrimsonReaper I feel your pain, it's kind of stupid Haineko reflects Matsumoto, that peacock reflects Yumichika, Byakuya is deadly n elegant like his bankai, Ichigo is a combination of Hichigo and Zangetsu and finally Mayuri's bankai is just as freakish as Mayuri. But somehow Soi Fon ended up with a giant bazooka when she is a frikkin ninja.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 16:05   Link #86
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I guess any ninja team requires someone to create a small diversion
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 16:11   Link #87
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Maybe, just maybe...thats not her final form in bankai mode...

Like how Yumichika needs to be called with a certain colour to unlock its draining abilities or Ikkaku's needs to actually cut the opponent or get hurt himself before his bankai can really lay the smack down.

Perhaps Soi Fon in that form needs to complete some requirements before her bankai complements her ninja skillz. For all we know that thing on her arm could eventually split apart to form gauntlet armor or reveal a set of deadly, tracking, stinger kunai...

Not saying its going to happen, but its still a possibility.

Also, if that thing shoots out some sort of lightning attack...I got that too lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
A powerful, long-range energy attack should be unaffected by hes decaying aura.

After all energy cant be destroyed i.e. age...so just do something like that lightning Zap from Byakuya...that should make skeleton man dance a bit.

All current Sig & Avy images coloured by me / Waking Dreams Studios
Waking_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 18:26   Link #88
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

So Soifon's bankai is a BFG huh? Nice. I still wonder how she plans to stay hidden to get a clear shot. Can't arrancar sense reiatsu using their pesquia ability? Her releasing should've caught Barragan's attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis3200 View Post
I think we all should calm down and give it a chance... tell me how many of you were impressed with Ichigo's bankai which turned to look like normal sword? Even Byakuya was like "WTF?!" His shikai looked so much cooler! But hey! He got aweasome speed! And if he was clever one, we could see even more!

So I'm sure there is more to soi fon bankai and in comparison to Ichigo, she surely has mastered and improved hers.
I can honestly say I was really impressed by Ichigo's bankai the moment I saw it. The sword was small but the design was pure awesomeness. It still remains my favorite-looking bankai, with Renji's being a close second. But really build-up contributes a lot to the wow factor. Ichigo was given an elaborate power-up sequence and a badass pose that made his bankai's debut epic. The spoiler pic we've seen of Soifon isn't as dramatic as the other bankai reveals we've seen, but maybe it's actually handled a lot better in the chapter.

As for the powers, I hope that the predictions that her bankai is multi-tiered are correct. But the fact that she's anchored herself to a building makes the attack seem kind of final. I mean if the blast is that powerful, then it's probably meant to be a one-shot attack. But who knows?

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 18:49   Link #89
Anubis3200
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
As for the powers, I hope that the predictions that her bankai is multi-tiered are correct. But the fact that she's anchored herself to a building makes the attack seem kind of final. I mean if the blast is that powerful, then it's probably meant to be a one-shot attack. But who knows?
Do you really think that she is that stupid in order to hope that this one shot will kill him?
And if it doesn't she will wait for Barragan to kill her?
Old 2009-06-03, 20:14   Link #90
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by EoT View Post
She looks like one of those Arrancar who's arm turned into a oversized energy beam gun, forgot which one it was.

Spoiler for picture of bankai:
I've wonder it can turned to an sword, because her bankai is too plain to be that damned good. Now I'm believing that Kubo maybe smoking that hesh and I wonder how cosplayers would do this if Soi-Fong gonna make it or not.
Old 2009-06-03, 20:19   Link #91
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
I've wonder it can turned to an sword, because her bankai is too plain to be that damned good. Now I'm believing that Kubo maybe smoking that hesh and I wonder how cosplayers would do this if Soi-Fong gonna make it or not.
It's not plain just she didn't get no cool change in outfit or big pose or coloured cover or cool attack sequence like everyone else including VCs got....

Does SoiFon's bankai remind you of Halibel's sword it probably looks like Halibel's sword shooting a cero.

Spoiler for Soifon bankai:

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 20:46   Link #92
Anubis3200
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
You know... Mayuri having a baby as bankai also was kinda retarded... Looked cool but still retarded... Ichigo had cool pose, but his damn sword looked like evryones else in normal form.

Renji's bankai looks cool, but it is weak, but better than shikai.

So there must be something about hers as well. There is no way that shooting lasers is it's only ability!
Old 2009-06-03, 20:57   Link #93
Sythychan

Odd... I thought Ichigo was the only person with Bankai who's body morphed with it...
Sythychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 21:08   Link #94
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythychan View Post
Odd... I thought Ichigo was the only person with Bankai who's body morphed with it...
What do you mean by that?

Old 2009-06-03, 21:12   Link #95
Vinak
Procrastinator

Quote:
You know... Mayuri having a baby as bankai also was kinda retarded... Looked cool but still retarded... Ichigo had cool pose, but his damn sword looked like evryones else in normal form.

Renji's bankai looks cool, but it is weak, but better than shikai.

So there must be something about hers as well. There is no way that shooting lasers is it's only ability!
his bankai looks nothing like a normal Zanpakuto.

the sword is black ,has a chain at the end, and the hilt is the kanji symbol for "Ban" or "full" and finally his outfit completely changes. the overall ability he gained from it was rather impressive at the time...even if it has become rather obsolete these days.
Old 2009-06-03, 21:22   Link #96
Sythychan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
What do you mean by that?

Soi Fon's bankai from what I've seen consumes her arm/ish/ like halibel,

and isnt ichigo the only shinigami that we've cannonly see who's body it's affected? like his outfit changes etc. I think someone commented on it before.
Sythychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 21:22   Link #97
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Do you really think that she is that stupid in order to hope that this one shot will kill him?
And if it doesn't she will wait for Barragan to kill her?
If the recoil from the shot is so huge that she anchors herself to a building--then yes, I'm thinking she probably believes one shot is enough. Plus her shikai deals with instant death in two hits so wouldn't it make sense if her bankai guaranteed death in one hit? Otherwise, if there is another stage to her bankai, why not just skip BFG mode and just go straight for the better method? Like I said, don't know what kind of plan she has in mind but just from the situation, it seems like she's relying on a clear hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythychan
and isnt ichigo the only shinigami that we've cannonly see who's body it's affected? like his outfit changes etc. I think someone commented on it before.
Well Renji gets a cloak but not a completely different uniform.

Last edited by Sabaku Kyu; 2009-06-03 at 21:32.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 21:24   Link #98
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by EoT View Post
She looks like one of those Arrancar who's arm turned into a oversized energy beam gun, forgot which one it was.

Spoiler for picture of bankai:
it looks like a huge nail file.........

but all said, wedon't know the weight of it and it could be light enough for her to move as fast + it gives her a longer range. it could even be 1hko.....
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 21:44   Link #99
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythychan View Post
Soi Fon's bankai from what I've seen consumes her arm/ish/ like halibel,

Oh you mean outfit changes then...

Well like Sabaku Kyu said Renji gets that fury coat/sash not to mention that armored glove for his right hand. Hitsugaya gets once again his right arm immersed in ice armor, shaped like a dragon while his other limbs seems to be covered with ice claws and talons (and obviously he gets those Ice wings and tails).

When you said morph I thought you meant an actual transformation of the physical body rather than just having something new on it.

Soi Fon's arm could have transformed (morphed) like Chads arm or it could just be inside that thing. As if she was just holding on to it like a weapon or wearing it like armor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
it looks like a huge nail file.........

but all said, wedon't know the weight of it and it could be light enough for her to move as fast + it gives her a longer range. it could even be 1hko.....
Well it says in one of the spoilers that she considers it too heavy/big for maneuverability. So I can assume she wont be as fast if she is even fast anymore with that thing.

Old 2009-06-03, 23:48   Link #100
Blaster

Seems like a anime filler chapter that ends with Soi Fon showing her bankai to prepare for the next episode.

OMG kubo should just leave this kind of thing to the anime producers.
Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, manga