AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-07-05, 22:00   Link #101
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 34
^
Probably in further episodes it will soon.

Now I know where Kamina's inpirational design came from. Since Simon and Nia are from BOF5.(Ryu Nina)
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 22:31   Link #102
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
I was a HUGE fan of Kamina's in TTGL, so I'm liking the similarities with Blade.

Give me GARRR characters anyday over wimps and talkers.

So GAR, even Chuck Norris had to copy him.



I will definitely be following this show.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 22:38   Link #103
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 34
Iam following this show for the action packed scenes and GARLS...err...I mean girls.

2004...manga eh will now be added to my read list.
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 02:43   Link #104
ipernorris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Why didn't you say so in the first place...I think I just :headdesked: a crater on my table...

I get what you mean about spineless characters, I hate them too. But give Cruz a bit more time to show himself more. Don't forget he actually picked up Blade and carried him all the way back to get treated and I don't know about you, but Blade looks like he weighs a ton
Yeah I think Cruz will reveal to have some crazy hidden power. I mean producers know people hate spineless main characters, unless we're dealing with particular anime like harem ones and such. So they will give Cruz a power boost in the future because a crying "nee-chan nee-chan" kiddo won't go very far!
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 02:55   Link #105
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 34
Cruz power is probably indestructibility.

Spoiler for Cruz or Yamada lol:


or maybe not.
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 03:23   Link #106
Chase
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Pretty funny in spots. Grenade in a bible?lol. Overall it was an ok episode. The ED is epic tho
__________________
No, just because Setsuna is not spamming the scene, killing everybody and not winning all the time doesn't make him a bad pilot.

No, Seed does not define what a Gundam show should be like.

Picking a Gundam over a Princess is not a bad idea, Princess+singing can get you killed
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 06:07   Link #107
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Grenade in bible, lol hell yeah. Kinda disappointed at the over the top fashion they have though; it sorta annoys me (oh most of the girls are fine though *cheats*).
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 11:44   Link #108
arkhangelsk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Iam following this show for the action packed scenes and GARLS...err...I mean girls.

2004...manga eh will now be added to my read list.
Right now, my interest is on trying to find a place where I can read that 8th manga, which looks to be interesting.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 11:59   Link #109
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Right now, my interest is on trying to find a place where I can read that 8th manga, which looks to be interesting.
Spoiler for 8th manga:
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 12:14   Link #110
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Hm... madhouse is doing this, plus the fact that there's some GAR in it... I might just have to give this a try

However, if it becomes too TTGL like you guys are saying, then I will drop it like a rock. Because I had a bad experience with TTGL...
Spoiler for TTGL:
you expressed my exact same feelings about TTGL.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 13:11   Link #111
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I sense some GARness in the making from this one I mean any guy who hides a grenade in a bible and takes out a robot with sucidie charge shoving into the barrel is da shit in my book. However the rest of the series I was not impressed with at least not at the moment. The story seems standard with the usual comedy and usual post apocalyptic world with the same ol bad guy. OP was pretty loud and explosive music was mediocre. But i have to give it a chance so i will continue to follow it for now. Iv read a couple of chapters of the manga but put it on hiatus only time will tell.
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 13:46   Link #112
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: A Boring Island
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Really liked this series, and Blade surely is awesome
Is pretty goo see another series with the GL type of design and the manliness of Blade, that after Basara i need more of it
However good starting for me, and probably the second series of this summer that i want to follow.
__________________
Tjaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 14:19   Link #113
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Way better than I thought. Should have expected that Madhouse would do a pretty standard shonen material into something worth watching. Too bad it's a bit generic-ish, but I love Takehito Koyasu and the oldschool comedic timing. And LOTS and LOTS of fanservice.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 14:59   Link #114
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
No. The two shows are nothing alike.
the shows are nothing alike, it is just the spirit of the show that they are trying to get recreated with a different plot. Gar and manly character, check. Weak guy with some kind of trauma or complex, check. cute and energetic girl that can motivate the weak guy in someway, check. Those are the three basic things that make people compare shows like this and basquesh to TTGL.

Last edited by golthin; 2009-07-06 at 17:14.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 16:03   Link #115
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Does the nee-san have a name? o.o

Her and Eve =

Blade and Eve's powers are so well matched. Perfect duo.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 17:31   Link #116
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Does the nee-san have a name? o.o

Her and Eve =

Blade and Eve's powers are so well matched. Perfect duo.
plus they make a great comedy duo, Blade the tsukkomi and Eve the boke
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 21:36   Link #117
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Blade and Eve's powers are so well matched. Perfect duo.



BOOT!!! XD X3


There's a good reason why he did that.
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 03:46   Link #118
mpt37
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Nice blend of over the top action and slap stick comedy, I think I'll keep watching this series. But one thing I'm not a fan of is when they use female VA's as male characters (one exception is Romi Paku). Yamada's... I mean Cruz's voice just doesn't sound right to me, but maybe that's because I just finished watching Sora Kake so I've still got Aya Endo's female voice stuck in my head. Right now Cruz sounds like a mix between Itsuki and Spanky from Basquash.
__________________
mpt37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 04:12   Link #119
FateAnomaly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Erm i have a question. Is the ED related to the main storyline?
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 05:30   Link #120
Hypernova
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Erm i have a question. Is the ED related to the main storyline?
Those three will show up later as a team.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, loli, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.