AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-11, 03:59   Link #1041
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Anybody have any word on if episode 12's airing is going to be delayed? 2 weeks from now is the Christmas Eve after all....
Old 2009-12-11, 04:23   Link #1042
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
No, it's not going to be delayed, Newtype lists its airdate as the 24th. Why would it? Last I checked Christmas isn't that big in Japan, at least not compared to New Years.
Old 2009-12-11, 04:38   Link #1043
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
No, it's not going to be delayed, Newtype lists its airdate as the 24th. Why would it? Last I checked Christmas isn't that big in Japan, at least not compared to New Years.
Sweet.

And I've run into holiday delayed anime episodes before, especially around New Years.
Old 2009-12-11, 17:11   Link #1044
Jetbent
Cross Game convert

does anyone know what the name of the show is that there was a preview of at the end of episode 10? The girl's name was chizu or something, and she was really violent. Anyone know?

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2009-12-11, 23:28   Link #1045
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Its in the ep10 thread, but its Dhurara!(spelling?).
Old 2010-01-02, 21:40   Link #1046
Penpa

Season 3??

So now I finished watching season 2 it seems like this will be a ongoing series from the way the ending ended? I just think there will be a third season to this ending of the second season. But I liked the first and second season and don't mind it continuing as long as the protagonist doesn't die or disappear that to me would ruin the series. I can't wait for a 3rd season hopefully someone on here can tell me more about if or when this might take place??
Old 2010-01-02, 23:33   Link #1047
sirn
レス乞食

Director Okamura Tensai said in a mid-season interview that the second season will "end in a way you might think third season will happen" but he has no plans to do. He also confirms this in Anime Makers Crossover Guidebook distributed in latest Comike that he "think this is the end" and already did everything he want to do with the series.

I'd be happy if there's a third season, given how this second season ends, though.
Old 2010-01-03, 01:59   Link #1048
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

What's the point of introducing the "offspring" of Izanagi and Izanami if there's no plans for season 3? Unless they are planning for a movie instead
Old 2010-01-03, 02:39   Link #1049
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
What's the point of introducing the "offspring" of Izanagi and Izanami if there's no plans for season 3? Unless they are planning for a movie instead
I consider this season to be season 1.5 and not officially season 2!
Old 2010-01-03, 12:23   Link #1050
Battler-kun

I am actually glad that there is no season 3 if it is a sequel considering the circumstances in the end of S2.
2nd earth, flying spacecars, war and whatever...no good. Next we see aliens vs. humans.

DtB has ended with the 1st season for me.
Old 2010-01-06, 02:08   Link #1051
Penpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
This is the problem I have as well why have that kinda ending if the intent wasn't to even elude to and then say no 3rd season?? Now if they gave a ending story line now that would conclude it more better but the suspense contradicts what they say.
Old 2010-01-06, 13:26   Link #1052
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I'm 50:50 on the show though...

I like some of the characters, but I was partially confused near the end.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2010-01-06, 18:37   Link #1053
Haladflire65
*Artist

I dunno, I've always thought DTB as a one-season kind of series until they did S2. I actually hope that it doesn't fall into the trap of doing one season after another and ruin the franchise.
Old 2010-01-08, 19:25   Link #1054
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
I dunno, I've always thought DTB as a one-season kind of series until they did S2. I actually hope that it doesn't fall into the trap of doing one season after another and ruin the franchise.
Interesting.
After having seen the first season, I thought that this was not complete. It screamed out lout for a sequel. The second part did that as well, but it was like a finish for the first part. Now we have a new world without gates and the old one which is chaotic and destroyed. Both exist at the same time, don't they?

I wonder how that works in one solar system.
Old 2010-01-22, 06:27   Link #1055
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Why did they have to do that to April? She's a homage to Storm from the X-Men. She even looks like Halle Berry.

If there is a third season, I hope they bring her back. Btw, I am only a few episodes into the second season.
Old 2010-01-25, 13:36   Link #1056
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

New trailer out for the OVAs (and if I guess right the second will ship on March 24th?) and Yin is looking pretty creepy in there.
Old 2010-01-25, 15:45   Link #1057
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
New trailer out for the OVAs (and if I guess right the second will ship on March 24th?) and Yin is looking pretty creepy in there.
Looks great. Yin's getting scary... The OVAs are really giving off that DTB vibe I was missing in S2... but what's with that really creepy dog?

Whoo! The first's coming out in two days!
Old 2010-01-25, 17:10   Link #1058
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
Looks great. Yin's getting scary... The OVAs are really giving off that DTB vibe I was missing in S2... but what's with that really creepy dog?

Whoo! The first's coming out in two days!
I think the dog is another contactor that can take over animal's bodies. Pretty sure it's not Mao but it's odd to see the same type of contractors re-used. It looked like, in the trailer, there is another gravity controlling contractor and two of those appeared in S1 so I hope I saw that wrong.
Old 2010-01-26, 08:09   Link #1059
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Okay, a) Yin's voice sounds waaaaaaaay deeper here, which is probably done to enhance b) her massive creepiness.

And how long is this OVA episode going to be? We have yet even more new scenes and characters showing up in the trailers, so either episode 1 is going to be extra long, or this new trailer includes stuff from the following OVA episodes.

Well, we'll find out tomorrow.

EDIT: It looks like that new trailer is for the March 24th episode after all. I was gonna say, that would be a lot of stuff to cover in one episode.......
Old 2010-01-26, 08:16   Link #1060
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Okay, what the hell happened to Yin there?