AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-20, 01:03   Link #601
Sassarai
Army of One

Very interesting take on F2P vs SUBS by Yoshida

F2P = Money grab. Glad to see FFXIV won't take that route.

http://venturebeat.com/2013/06/17/fi...lay-exclusive/

So rather than going for the huge $100-million-a-month hit that you might get with the free-to-play model, having that steady income allows us to provide a better product to the players.

We believe that the bigger the game, the larger the scale of the MMO, it’s going to be better for the game if it’s on a subscription model.

“Star Wars is free-to-play now, it’s great!” But then you ask them if they’re playing free-to-play Star Wars and they say, “No, not really playing it.” Everyone talks about how great it is that it went free-to-play, but then you ask around and really, there aren’t that many people who are playing it since it’s gone free-to-play.
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 19:34   Link #602
Pen3

I like the idea of Legacy account that rewards those that stick around for a monthly discount. I also read and haven't try, but it says you can have 3 characters log in at the same time under a single account with extra subs? Is there a price on those extra subs and are they discounted?
Old 2013-06-22, 15:32   Link #603
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I'm loving the Beta so far a lot better then the original beta. Is anyone doing the Beta on the PS3 ?
Old 2013-06-24, 17:56   Link #604
iceyfw

i played the beta last weekend and i loved it. i plan to finish my story quest so i can battle ifrit this weekend before phase 4 begins. i even met some people and we got along well enough to be on the same server when retail goes live.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 18:10   Link #605
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Yesssss... Ifrit battle for me next weekend.
Old 2013-06-24, 19:48   Link #606
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

I plan to stop playing the beta until beta 4, so I won't get burned out when it enter beta 4/launch.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 20:00   Link #607
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Well, I'm not just playing it, I'm also submitting bug reports, so yeah. Sure, I'll have to re-do everything in Beta 4, but then I can just leisurely kick back and play--"open beta tests" are really just the modern MMO equivalent of a test drive these days.

Beta 4 data will carry over to launch, so I won't have to redo everything three times.
Old 2013-06-25, 00:52   Link #608
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Yesssss... Ifrit battle for me next weekend.
You will love that boss fight... I guarantee it!! I did the instance 10 times (would've done it a lot more if we had more time lol) before they close down the 3rd phase beta and it was worth every second.

I can't wait for the open beta this weekend!!

btw, have they announced if there will be a gametime card or codes available at launch?

"Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted" - Alta´r Ibn-La'Ahad
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 01:00   Link #609
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Open beta isn't this weekend. Open beta is Beta 4. This is still Beta 3; this coming weekend the Duty Finder (instance matching) will be implemented. Then we have a week-long stress test starting the weekend after.

Beta 4 (Open Beta) will start shortly before release, probably in the middle half of August.
Old 2013-06-25, 01:10   Link #610
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Didn't they mention that fishing is going to be included this weekend?

"Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted" - Alta´r Ibn-La'Ahad
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 05:07   Link #611
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Ifrit battle is amazing. Too bad the client-server lag make avoiding his attack not as smooth it should.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 08:16   Link #612
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Beta started this morning i've been playing since. Starting to get the hang of it, I really like it .
Old 2013-07-07, 11:59   Link #613
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
HOUSING IN PHASE 4!

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...ng_to_phase_4/
Old 2013-08-01, 05:04   Link #614
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

A new benchmark was released today and has a character creator attached to it. You can save your character data to sync it to the beta later, I believe. (You can also make a character to actually be featured in the benchmark's cutscene.)

Head here to grab it!
Old 2013-08-01, 16:44   Link #615
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

alright i was on the fence about preording this game since most youtube vids do it no justice at all...well the ones i could find anyway, the ebgames site had a really crap promo video of the camera paning around a bit of each world(which looked crap) then i saw a jap video of the designers explaining the group finding book, and i saw actual gameplay and fell in love with it, wonder why ebgames showed the worst video to promote sales....

And i just saw one of the posts above and saw the houses you can buy.....im sold im preording on tuesday when i have the money lol.

Any idea when beta 4 will start that lets preorderers play early?
Old 2013-08-01, 18:17   Link #616
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
A new benchmark was released today and has a character creator attached to it. You can save your character data to sync it to the beta later, I believe. (You can also make a character to actually be featured in the benchmark's cutscene.)

Head here to grab it!
A bit large (2.5GB) but it was nice creating character data attributes ahead of time if that does work out ( I think I can just copy the files over ).

Interesting way to benchmark, got almost 11000 in a windowed mode, will try fullscreen later.
Old 2013-08-03, 04:36   Link #617
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
Any idea when beta 4 will start that lets preorderers play early?
Phase 4 starts probably on the 9th or 10th--the live letter is on the 8th and will announce when open beta starts. P4 will last a week, and the servers will go down for a few days before early access starts. Considering information we already have, the early access lasts a week and thus will start on the 20th.
Old 2013-08-03, 12:35   Link #618
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

So with P4 we will lose all our gear and character data when early access starts?
Old 2013-08-03, 14:12   Link #619
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Is the US server region locked?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 17:35   Link #620
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Is the US server region locked?
It's locked to the server you're on. Anyone around hte wourld can join, just prob wont because of latency.

Tags
mmorpg