AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-06, 09:22   Link #21
justavisitor

hi, some of the super robots I watched are really really old, don't know even if it's available now

Brave saga Dagarn
Zettai Muteki Raijin-Oh
And here is the content of the Zettai Muteki Raijin-Oh:

Don't you love to study at that school XD??

for real robot anime:
patlabor !!!
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-06-06, 10:14   Link #22
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Yes Raijin-Oh is the most awesome school mecha anime, the entire school actually takes part as the headquarters. No other mecha anime has done something close to it.

And it has one of the nicest OPs as well"
Too bad I no longer have my Raijin-Oh and Bakuryu-Oh figures.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-06-07, 22:38   Link #23
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Full Metal Panic and Full Metal Panic TSR
Martian Successor Nadesico
Martian Successor Nadesico Prince of Darkness
Easily on eof the best MEcha/Space Opera series i have ever seen

Neon Genesis Evangelion
Classic Mecha Series that everyone should see at least once.

Last edited by Full Metal Coast; 2009-07-27 at 22:17.
Old 2009-06-09, 10:18   Link #24
Troilism

thank you guys so much. This is a fricking crazy list and a bookmark for me. Right now I'm going through some new getter robo which I am really liking and probably going to go through mazinger and reideen. Mazinger since mazinkaiser was frickin epic.
Old 2009-06-09, 10:31   Link #25
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I would thank you because you let us know that there are still people who understand and likes old school mecha.

There's one more thing that a mecha fan must know, that's 'Hotbloodedness'.

Nowadays people use 'Gar' in every description of badassness, manliness and stuff. And because of that, the most important trait of mecha, which is Hotbloodedness, is slowly forgotten. Especially when people no longer watch old school mecha, where hotbloodedness is always present.

Nowadays only old school mecha fans and SRW players know about the trait. Hotbloodedness is a strong passion and will, the fuel for one's fighting spirit and determination. It is the driving force behind one's courage and action. Kabuto Kouji and Mazinger Z, the first mecha anime, he was also the original hotblooded mecha pilot.

Old 2009-06-09, 10:33   Link #26
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

How the heck did Gundam 08th appear in a Super Robot thread o.o

I always picture Super Robots as being particularly durable. To me, and probably myself only, if it ain't tough, it ain't Super.

<- Big fan of the original Iron Fortress.

inb4 "But that's Fort v2 in your sig"
Old 2009-06-09, 11:09   Link #27
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Super Robots is still mainly the spirit of the pilot and mecha for me. But of course, the mecha has to be super as well.

Though nowadays, Supers and Reals are slowly mixing up, even SRW has to acknowledge hybrids. Eva was said to be the first hybrid, but still it leans closer to Real than Super. It lacks the Super Robot spirit and they're armed like a Real Robot. Eureka 7 is another hybrid, but its more exotic setting and atmosphere makes it a little more Super.

There's also mechs I call 'Real Supers', Super Robots with Realistic technology, mainly Gunbuster. 00 Raiser, Knightmare Frames, could be 'Super Reals'
, Real Robots with technology and energy sources that are closer to Super Robots, GN Particles and Sakuradite. But they are still separately Super Robots and Real Robots.

If Troilism allows, we could transform this into a Super Robot discussion instead of just suggestions thread lol

Old 2009-06-09, 12:47   Link #28
Troilism

no problem at all haha. I have a TON of stuff to watch now and a lot of the old school stuff interests me greatly. Especially mazinger.

P.S how similar are reideen and raideen? I read up one is a remake of the other but the mech seems MUCH different in design.

Last edited by Troilism; 2009-06-09 at 20:44.
Old 2009-06-10, 17:56   Link #29
AceD
See You En' Tee

Kurogane no Linebarrels.

i just watched this, damn...it was awesome imo - its clearly a Code Geass meets Gurren-Lagann copy, in sooo many ways (hell even simon's voice = mainlead, bad guy=lelouch), was so much fun to watch though
Old 2009-06-10, 21:31   Link #30
justavisitor

Thanks to ppl's recommendation, I also start to find some good super robot animes to watch..
currently I am watching gaogaigar...and man, it's a lot more realistic than other supposedly "realistic" robot shows...(cough cough gundam seed destiny). Eg, how you can prevent others from interfering the robot fusion..

and of course, gaogaigar makes my blood boil as well

I would like to recommend brave saga da garn one more time...it's a really really great show..while it's a super robot show, that show also teaches the kids the importance of protecting the environment...way earlier than that Al Gore's movie XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-06-11, 03:16   Link #31
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troilism View Post
no problem at all haha. I have a TON of stuff to watch now and a lot of the old school stuff interests me greatly. Especially mazinger.

P.S how similar are reideen and raideen? I read up one is a remake of the other but the mech seems MUCH different in design.
Reideen is the remake.

There are tons of oldschool mecha remakes, probably to accomodate the 'new generation'. But the problem is that people still don't have much interest in old school mecha and not all of the remakes are great.

And yea Gaogaigar is realistic, Top wo Nerae! is also very realistic. I've mentioned in the Gundam subforum that I've always thought Super Robots are more realistic and feasible than Real Robots. And Super Robots can be realistic because they are convincing enough.

Old 2009-06-12, 10:18   Link #32
Anju-chan
Fly!!!
*Author

This is kind of oldish but.....The Big O. I absolutely LOVED that. Good mystery combined with great robot battles. Written by the same guy (Chiaki J. Konaka) that wrote the script for Hellsing, Serial Experiments Lain, Texhnolyze, Astro Boy, Vampire Princess Miyu, Digimon Tamers, RahXephone, Princess Tutu, Ghost Hound, and others.

Courtesy of ayu-smepai
Old 2009-06-12, 11:53   Link #33
Troilism

haha yeah I have that chalked up to watch. Seriously the whole atmosphere is really cool. It's like gotham city meets super robots.
Old 2009-07-27, 03:16   Link #34
happy hopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Also its good time for Great Mazinger since they're subs for it now.
is it available in DVD? If so, how long ago is it? All the Great Mazinger DVD set flowing out there are only in Japanese.
Old 2009-07-27, 03:18   Link #35
happy hopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troilism View Post

Dancouga Nova, mazinkaiser, shin mazinger, various getter robo anime, gravion, godannar, etc...
What do you think of Godannar? Which set of DVD do you have?
Closed Thread