AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-24, 02:23   Link #1
paladin
blah

Send a message via ICQ to paladin Send a message via AIM to paladin Send a message via Yahoo to paladin
great new fma website!

Check out www.fullmetal-alchemist.com

Its run by me, Paladin from ANBU. I put together a lot of great resources for you, including episode guides, a great forum, media downloads, a image gallery and more!

Last edited by paladin; 2004-02-24 at 12:28.
Old 2004-02-24, 02:30   Link #2
Hybrid
props to uzi626

looks great but no advertising (i think)
Old 2004-02-24, 03:00   Link #3
AOforever1

Send a message via AIM to AOforever1 Send a message via MSN to AOforever1
VERY nice, I like it just as much and LOTS LOTS more than the gundam seed forums :P

It's very straight foward with the popular and most wanted info. Great looking layout with a positive flow of pictures through the site. Plus it's FMA, you can't go wrong! xD
Old 2004-02-24, 04:01   Link #4
Spheledeus
Ignis Natura Renovatur In

It's a very nice page, i'm a webmaster myself so i know how much work is needed to obtain nice look and good content at the same time in a project, and i to know how good it feels to get recognized for our hard work , so keep it up, its looking great.

Maybe you should consider to add information about the characters inspiration names, like Edward being Aleister Crowley's name, and Alphonse being Eliphas Levi Name, both great occultist and alchemists, and their dad having Paracelsus name Hohenheim, legendary alchemist. That sure took my attention.

I Take leave, farewell.
Old 2004-02-24, 04:22   Link #5
Umbrae
Generic Human

Looks great so far, thanks for the site
Old 2004-02-24, 06:38   Link #6
Anthias

Fantastic site! as a FMA fan and on behalf of us all, thanks for the great effort. It gives us somewhere in English to point noobs to that can continue to expand the interest and hopefully garner more and more support for our favourite continuing anime

Very grateful.
Old 2004-02-24, 07:27   Link #7
Ookla The Mok

Quote:
Originally Posted by paladin
Check out www.fullmetal-alchemist.com

Its run by me, Paladin from ANBU. I put together a lot of great resources for you, including episode guides, a great forum, media downloads, a image gallery and more!
Please check your private messages. Thanks.
Old 2004-02-24, 07:59   Link #8
NightWalker XI
Yare Yare...

Send a message via ICQ to NightWalker XI Send a message via AIM to NightWalker XI Send a message via MSN to NightWalker XI
Very good site, nice job
Old 2004-02-24, 09:08   Link #9
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

It looks good on initial viewing.

However the acknowledgment of the English scanlates in the manga section is too small to be noticed. I think the acknowledgement that Toriyama World did those scanlates should be more visible.
Old 2004-02-24, 10:00   Link #10
Feran
>.>;; o.o

Looks nice, though the spacing is a bit extreme. Where do you get your hosting from?
Old 2004-02-24, 12:27   Link #11
paladin
blah

Send a message via ICQ to paladin Send a message via AIM to paladin Send a message via Yahoo to paladin
I host the server myself on a dedicated box that has a few other sites.
In response to someone else's post, I am looking for content editors. If you have any html/css/webdesign experience and would like to become a staff member of this growing website, please let me know! Im always open to recruitment.

Old 2004-02-24, 15:45   Link #12
Bindibadgi
We'll miss u Hughes

That's very very well done! Bit slow on first load due to agreement thingy (who actually reads them though?) but overall very nice

Im disappointed though; no winry on the front page?? bah.
Old 2004-02-24, 17:13   Link #13
IPv6
blastos.com

Hrmm what's the point of this website once FMA is over? Even though it isn't my money, I feel that the $$ invested in the domain name is wasted. It has no flexibility to be anything else but FMA. BUT I like the site!

Dude ... the gallery site need to be worked on. I don't see any pictures when I click for more info.
Old 2004-02-24, 17:31   Link #14
Bindibadgi
We'll miss u Hughes

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPv6
Hrmm what's the point of this website once FMA is over? Even though it isn't my money, I feel that the $$ invested in the domain name is wasted. It has no flexibility to be anything else but FMA. BUT I like the site!

Dude ... the gallery site need to be worked on. I don't see any pictures when I click for more info.
They are only on ep 20 of 52 mind, thatll take at least another year to release, not counting time between series' (if there will be a gap), and the DVD releases. People still want to know about stuff and will create fan art or fanfiction after its been finished.
Old 2004-02-24, 17:31   Link #15
YuuOminae
唯我独尊

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPv6

The manga's set to last a total of 7 years (and it began serialization in Gangan back in 2001). So it's not like the end of the anime this year will be the end of FMA.
Old 2004-02-24, 18:24   Link #16
paladin
blah

Even if it does, the domain is $8.95, the webserver is... well i use it for other things too.

Im a part of the ANBU staff so its useful for other things too.

All in all, i like FMA, therefore i opened a site for it. It'll be useful for everyone else who enjoys the series as well. It will grow to include data for the games, and be an overall resource site.

Then when Funimation licenses it officially, it'll help serve the american side of it.

Old 2004-02-24, 18:36   Link #17
YuuOminae
唯我独尊

Quote:
Originally Posted by paladin
Then when Funimation licenses it officially, it'll help serve the american side of it.
Funimation? Hmm.
Old 2004-02-24, 19:02   Link #18
xReika
Lurker Extraordinaire

A Bit of Elaboration...

FUNimation has had FullMetalAlchemist.com registered for quite a while^^; My dollar is still on Bandai snatching the right with their sponsorship role, though.

Registrant:
FUNimation Productions, Ltd. (IJYPOCWQHD)
6851 NE Loop 820 Suite 247
Fort Worth, TX 76180
US

Domain Name: FULLMETALALCHEMIST.COM
Administrative Contact:
Cocanougher, Daniel (22826462I)
daniel@FUNIMATION.NET
FUNimation Productions, Inc.
6851 NE Loop 820
Suite 247
Fort WOrth, TX 76180
US
(817) 788-0627 fax: (817) 788-0628

Technical Contact:
Network Solutions, Inc. (HOST-ORG)
customerservice@networksolutions.com
13200 Woodland Park Drive
Herndon, VA 20171-3025
US
1-888-642-9675 fax: 571-434-4620

Record expires on 26-Aug-2006.
Record created on 26-Aug-2003.
Database last updated on 24-Feb-2004 18:29:58 EST.
Old 2004-02-24, 19:25   Link #19
anbu_KaKashi

aww.... helll no!!! not funimation.. DAMMITT!!! i wouldn mind FMA being liscensed..but not by funimation... i mean...c'mon... funimation is a horrible company... well at least thats all IMO though....i would really prefer FMA be put on like adult swim.. nd liscensed by one of those companys...
Old 2004-02-24, 20:35   Link #20
paladin
blah

Ill make it known that i have no love for funimation either

Closed Thread