AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Old 2009-09-02, 05:02   Link #1021
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Agreed.

Volume 5 has the last E8 episode and the first episode of Sighs. That will sell quite well, I think, based on how BLR has sold.
They'll all sell well within the range of 15,000-20,000+ and I'll even make a friendly wager on it and only put myself in the hotseat. If I'm wrong I'll let you suggest a custom user title which I will keep for a month and if I'm right....well then I'm simply right.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 05:13   Link #1022
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
They'll all sell well within the range of 15,000-20,000+ and I'll even make a friendly wager on it and only put myself in the hotseat. If I'm wrong I'll let you suggest a custom user title which I will keep for a month and if I'm right....well then I'm simply right.
...It sounds like you want the Haruhi DVDs to sell well, which runs pretty strongly counter to your assessment of E8, IIRC. You want to place a bet on something succeeding that you don't want to succeed?

Anyway, if you're wrong... your custom user title for a few days is "I'm not always right".

If you're right, I'll go with the custom user title of "Kaioshin: Sales Prophet!" or "Kaioshin: Master of DVDs!" for a few days - your choice. It's only fair after all.

... It won't be something self-deprecating because I'm willing to admit that I'm not always right.
Old 2009-09-02, 05:16   Link #1023
Archon_Wing
Sisyphean Crusader
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
...It sounds like you want the Haruhi DVDs to sell well, which runs pretty strongly counter to your assessment of E8, IIRC. You want to place a bet on something succeeding that you don't want to succeed?
It may be a thought that people will just buy it anyways just because it is Haruhi. A lot of popular stuff can get along just by its name.

In any case, bets are always fun. Contest! Contest! A serious contest! *gets kicked by Haruhi*

Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 05:23   Link #1024
prnoct90

Quote:
Agreed.

Volume 5 has the last E8 episode and the first episode of Sighs. That will sell quite well, I think, based on how BLR has sold.
Acutally the dvd split up is

DVD 1 - Bamboo Leaf Rapsody
DVD 2 - Endless Eight 1 and 2
DVD 3 - Endless Eight 3 and 4
DVD 4 - Endless Eight 5 and 6
DVD 5 - Endless Eight 7 and 8
DVD 6 - Sighs 1 and 2
DVD 7 - Sighs 3 and 4
DVD 8 - Sighs 5
prnoct90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 05:31   Link #1025
Kogetsu Shirogane
Elemental Tarot User

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Still, the fifth has E8 VII and E8 VIII. Those are probably the best episodes the arc had to offer. (Though in the latter's case, it's only because it ended the arc. VII was easily the best.)
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... well... at least it's written the same...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 05:36   Link #1026
Archon_Wing
Sisyphean Crusader
*Author

Holy crap, Bamboo Leaf Rapsody by itself? That looks really expensive to own the series.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2009-09-02, 05:38   Link #1027
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
It may be a thought that people will just buy it anyways just because it is Haruhi. A lot of popular stuff can get along just by its name.
I know. And Kaioshin may very well be right. BLR is doing a bit better than I had expected. At the absolute least, if there is any residue bad feeling left from E8 over in Japan, it's not spilling over unto the non-E8 episodes.

I just don't know if I could ever have the stomach to predict success for something that I didn't want to be successful... let alone to make a bet off of it. So, I tip my hat to Kaoishin's dedication to his sales prophet craft.

Quote:
In any case, bets are always fun. Contest! Contest! A serious contest! *gets kicked by Haruhi*
It makes things more interesting, yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Still, the fifth has E8 VII and E8 VIII. Those are probably the best episodes the arc had to offer. (Though in the latter's case, it's only because it ended the arc. VII was easily the best.)
Totally agree.
Old 2009-09-02, 11:19   Link #1028
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Myself, I'm still trying to remember Revelations and whether the Anti-Christ (K-on) comes before or after the Second Coming (Disappearance)...
You want me to get my Bible?

↑Click for MAL.↑
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 11:22   Link #1029
Nappy Hared Azn
Check out my Rolek!

Anti-Christ, and then Jesus, I believe.
Old 2009-09-02, 11:34   Link #1030
Kogetsu Shirogane
Elemental Tarot User

Wouldn't really make sense for the Anti-Christ to come after... unless he's trying to throw people off.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-09-02, 12:00   Link #1031
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
A lot of popular stuff can get along just by its name.
The only thing that is wrong with BLR anime episode is animation and even that is disputable.
The music, the script, overall design is as good as it always was.

That is true for everything else 2009 Haruhi, even Endless Eight... Although E8 also has a controversial idea behind it.
Most people make it sound like everything is horrible and beyond repair.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 12:09   Link #1032
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
The only thing that is wrong with BLR anime episode is animation and even that is disputable.

That is true for everything else 2009 Haruhi, even Endless Eight... Although E8 also has a controversial idea behind it.
...Dude, there's quite a bit wrong with Endless Eight. It's not just a "controversial idea". It's that the execution of that controversial idea was rather poor, as there was so very little variation between the different iterations, hence exacerbating the natural boredom effect that most people get form watching the same basic narrative over and over and over again...
Old 2009-09-02, 12:37   Link #1033
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
It's that the execution of that controversial idea was rather poor, as there was so very little variation between the different iterations, hence exacerbating the natural boredom effect that most people get form watching the same basic narrative over and over and over again...
THAT's the idea.
The idea was not "the timeloop", it has been done before many many times.
The idea was "exact same timeloop".

I-it's not that I am defending E8 or anything!
Old 2009-09-02, 12:41   Link #1034
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
It's pretty clearly identified as limited edition on the ANN article and on the Oricon chart as well. Or are you being incredibly literal. It was just a figure of speech you know since I was referring to the product label and not literally that it was emblazoned on the cover of the LE DVD case.
In that case, I was being literal because it doesn't make sense any other way. They aren't just slapping it on there just because. It's labeled as LE because it is actually limited and thus labeled as such on Oricon/ANN since that number is only the LE sales. The LE and RE sales are tracked separately so the actual sales across all copies of vol 4.x are at least ~700 units higher (if we scale with the S1 data).
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 13:01   Link #1035
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

The Sneaker '09 2009
Alternative Asakura and Yuki again, huh?

Content is not related.
Old 2009-09-02, 13:03   Link #1036
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:

Content is not related.
What's the easiest way to sell something about Haruhi right now?

Mention/allude to Disappearance.
Old 2009-09-02, 13:04   Link #1037
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
What's the easiest way to sell something about Haruhi right now?
It's not like they can't read what's inside beforehand...
I mean, how MORE PERSISTENT can they get with this.
Pretty much every Haruhi fan in Japan should be thinking "Oh, Soushitsu ads again? Whatever..." or something.

I don't even know what to think of it anymore.
Old 2009-09-02, 13:33   Link #1038
Kogetsu Shirogane
Elemental Tarot User

Quote:

The Sneaker '09 2009

Content is not related.
That's regular Nagato. Notice the lack of glasses, the fact that they're in the summer uniforms, and the fact that she possesses the blank expression that alt!Yuki never has.
Old 2009-09-02, 13:35   Link #1039
Ithekro
Space Battleship

Extremely odd, since we never got to see Asakura in her summer uniform...nor should we every really.
Old 2009-09-02, 14:26   Link #1040
Archon_Wing
Sisyphean Crusader
*Author

Quote:
I never criticized that episode? I agree that it was a decent episode, but they're selling it by itself! One episode on DVD?
Quote:
It's more dramatic that way. And I've made it clear that I feel that's a very silly way of looking at things that. One can't enjoy stuff with that kind of mindset.

MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2009-09-02 at 14:43.

Tags
kadokawa, kyoto animation, science fiction, shounen