AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2009-06-10, 00:56   Link #21
Simon_Lord

Send a message via MSN to Simon_Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by medigo View Post
Ggio shouldn't have tried to transform when facing a speedster like her anyway
yup USSJ2 Trunks Theory lol
Old 2009-06-10, 02:12   Link #22
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
It took 2 whole episodes to take out 2 arrancars. nice.
Old 2009-06-10, 02:43   Link #23
Jerseykid

I hate that fat vice captain, hate hate hate.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 02:55   Link #24
sayde

I never really thought about it before, but this episode made me question why so many people feel Soifon's shikai is so hax/cheap for the following reasons:

-it's an extremely short range weapon
-the weapon has to strike the exact same place twice to work
-sword fights can easily end anyways the moment someone gets stabbed or cut in the right place only once.

Besides, Soifon stabbed the guy in his lung twice. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't an injury like that normally have ended the fight anyways, even without an insta-kill ability to back it up?

I guess I just feel like opponents who are actually defeated by Suzumebachi probably didn't stand much of a chance against Soifon in the first place -- even without her Shikai.

Anyways, I'm glad this fight is over.

*prepares flame shield*
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 03:24   Link #25
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Besides, Soifon stabbed the guy in his lung twice. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't an injury like that normally have ended the fight anyways, even without an insta-kill ability to back it up?
Perhaps if it was a normal person a pierce lung can be pretty lethal.

But these are Shinigami/Espada/Quincy fighters. A person can lose half their blood, a couple limbs etc. and as long as you have time to recover you can live to fight another day.

All current Sig & Avy images coloured by me / Waking Dreams Studios
Waking_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 03:41   Link #26
Ichiban Hayai

Regarding Soi Fons' shikai, the tip of shuzumebachi must hit the same spot twice. It doesn't matter if it the spot is one her enemys' skin or inside his body.
At least that's what I understood from the visual explanation in the episode.
Ichiban Hayai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 07:12   Link #27
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiban Hayai View Post
Regarding Soi Fons' shikai, the tip of shuzumebachi must hit the same spot twice. It doesn't matter if it the spot is one her enemys' skin or inside his body.
At least that's what I understood from the visual explanation in the episode.
What I understood is that she has to hit your skin twice in same place or your inside organ since picture clearly showed that both hit went through the same spot.
Old 2009-06-10, 09:09   Link #28
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

Glad this fight is over, Soi-Fon won the fight quite easily, no matter how long the anime took to finish it. In fact both fights seemed rather easy for them...if the most damage they got was being smacked around a little, I think they did fine. The fact is Soi-Fon easily beat her opponent, she did not go Bankai. Nor at any time did she even feel the need to. So imho she is strong. Remember Yoruichi threw around Yami bare handed and Soi was trained by whom? Anywho I enjoyed this ep, simply because this fight is now over.
Old 2009-06-10, 09:32   Link #29
Kuroda

This episode was hilarious in my opinion, on top of it being awesome because the fight ended.. but the fights need to be drawn out to keep the manga ahead and NOT Place a filler season into the mix. so the fights take a couple episodes because they don't want to do another filler and slow down i really don't see an issue. seeing omeda treated like crap was funny.

9/10 on the Ep because when the action was going down, the animation and music fit the fight from the manga.

*edit to clarify my point.*

Since someone took what i said the wrong way and decided to bash on me else where for it. There is nothing wrong with the anime to manga content and needs to re-read my post obviously i liked the episode not complaining about it.

Last edited by Kuroda; 2009-06-10 at 20:59.
Kuroda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 09:54   Link #30
kitten320

Actually I have to admit that I had good laugh when Omaeda was mimicking Soi Fon. I'm suprised that after everything he said, Soi Fon only smacked him

I wonder if Omaeda had himself realized how he had called her (so known cold hearted captain, but in my opinion that's just a mask) in his passion of anger. I think he is now thinking ho lucky he got to be only smacked once
Old 2009-06-10, 10:20   Link #31
Kuroda

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Actually I have to admit that I had good laugh when Omaeda was mimicking Soi Fon. I'm suprised that after everything he said, Soi Fon only smacked him

I wonder if Omaeda had himself realized how he had called her (so known cold hearted captain, but in my opinion that's just a mask) in his passion of anger. I think he is now thinking ho lucky he got to be only smacked once
And a rock thrown at his face! hahahahaha
Old 2009-06-10, 10:35   Link #32
kitten320

You know... if to take better look at whole this animated fight... Soi Fon kinda always seemed to have upper hand... yeh she was kicked around but Ggio has three swords (on each hand and in hair) while she has one Suzumebachi and she still had blocked fully all attacks without getting a scratch. I gues getting smashed into the building is nothing seriouse...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroda View Post
And a rock thrown at his face! hahahahaha
Oh yeh! That one was good too! Or when she glared at him and he jumped back

Also liked when she passed him by "Saying get lost", she was really angry
Old 2009-06-10, 10:48   Link #33
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

They're really dragging out these episodes with lots of talking.

DOCKING MODE~
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 12:06   Link #34
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
Perhaps if it was a normal person a pierce lung can be pretty lethal.

But these are Shinigami/Espada/Quincy fighters. A person can lose half their blood, a couple limbs etc. and as long as you have time to recover you can live to fight another day.

point taken.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 14:38   Link #35
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Vega looked retarded at full power =\

and once again, the episode felt like it was dragging on because there was so much chatter.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 15:03   Link #36
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
Vega looked retarded at full power =\

and once again, the episode felt like it was dragging on because there was so much chatter.
I have to agree, I really hated that form. I'm kinda happy that Soi Fon immediately finished him off there =/

Although I will miss him
Old 2009-06-10, 18:57   Link #37
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Hmmm... looks like there was a bit of inconsistency with Soifon's 2-hit kill. It was shown 3 times already in the anime(well one was in the movie, but it still counts as the anime), and it appeared differently each time.

I liked the episode though, especially Ōmaeda. He has far too many haters IMO.
Old 2009-06-10, 19:06   Link #38
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Hmmm... looks like there was a bit of inconsistency with Soifon's 2-hit kill. It was shown 3 times already in the anime(well one was in the movie, but it still counts as the anime), and it appeared differently each time.

I liked the episode though, especially Ōmaeda. He has far too many haters IMO.
I know you hate it but till now all those death were un-official. I bet that since now in all movies and 'fillers' as well as manga it will look this way.
Old 2009-06-10, 19:30   Link #39
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I know you hate it but till now all those death were un-official. I bet that since now in all movies and 'fillers' as well as manga it will look this way.
You can pretend to think they're unofficial, but don't try to convince me. It's an inconsistency, nothing less.

No offense, but these posts are mostly why I make a big deal out of this. Sure you think it's different somehow, but do you really need to try convincing others to believe you? Especially without evidence. Again, no offense...

Edit: Watched the Soifon/Mabashi fight. Mabashi didn't die from the two-hit instakill because of his uber-regeneration, so that don't count anyway. I cba to watch the first movie again though, but I watched the dub last month, and I remember it being different. Though it was pretty fast, and I wasn't paying attention.
Old 2009-06-10, 19:37   Link #40
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
You can pretend to think they're unofficial, but don't try to convince me. It's an inconsistency, nothing less.

No offense, but these posts are mostly why I make a big deal out of this. Sure you think it's different somehow, but do you really need to try convincing others to believe you? Especially without evidence. Again, no offense...
I'm just saying that it is the actual way Kubo portaited it. And since he himself did it this way, animators will follow it.