AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-06-15, 21:41   Link #61
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Ah well. We just wait and see.
Can't wait. It'll be my first Japan Saimoe.
Kudryavka is offline  
Old 2009-06-16, 04:32   Link #62
Liddo-kun
Come on everyone
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nanairogaoka
Send a message via MSN to Liddo-kun
Since some people are already mentioning their intentions, might as well say mine

Back here again to support Hayate no Gotoku!!, Shugo Chara and Konata.
Provided my ISP isn't banned from getting a vote code of course.
Liddo-kun is offline  
Old 2009-06-16, 19:59   Link #63
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Since some people are already mentioning their intentions, might as well say mine

Back here again to support Hayate no Gotoku!!, Shugo Chara and Konata.
Provided my ISP isn't banned from getting a vote code of course.
Yay, another fellow Shugo Chara supporter!
We need em, I'm afraid there won't be too many more.
Kudryavka is offline  
Old 2009-06-16, 20:16   Link #64
Dansen
U-u-u-aua
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Yay, JSaimoe is back

Hopefully I can vote for the entire tournament, unlike last year when I wasn't allowed to vote till halfway through quarterfinals...

BTW, will Umineko characters be eligible? The anime starts July 2nd.
__________________
Dansen is offline  
Old 2009-06-16, 20:37   Link #65
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: middle of nowhere, Virginia
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansen View Post
BTW, will Umineko characters be eligible? The anime starts July 2nd.
Opening post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika-chama View Post
Which characters are eligible?
Female characters (including androids, etc.) appeared in the anime which is aired in Japan during the time period of: 01 July 2008 ~ 30 Jun 2009.
__________________
KaneDragon is offline  
Old 2009-06-16, 21:16   Link #66
Dansen
U-u-u-aua
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Ah, I didn't think they would be, but thanks for the clarification. 2 days off...but it's okay, since

Spoiler for Umineko:


Guess I'll be seeing them in Saimoe 2010
__________________
Dansen is offline  
Old 2009-06-16, 23:01   Link #67
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
2010, the Umineko-Higurashi stand off.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline  
Old 2009-06-16, 23:14   Link #68
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
2010, the Umineko-Higurashi stand off.
Now that's gonna be pretty intense.
We will now decide the Ryukishi series with more moe characters!
I like Umineko better overall, but I think Higurashi has a lot more moe characters. Rena, Rika (but I doubt she'll double-dip the winning crown), Satoko, Shion, the evil blonde lady mastermind (her name escapes me)...
Kudryavka is offline  
Old 2009-06-17, 00:06   Link #69
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
They revamped the whole official site,into something different from past official site style that i knew.It wasn't that bad anyway,and still looks nice to me.

Code generator - http://www.as2009.eek.jp/

After playing the code generator several times,i had this feeling that i might not be able to participate in this year's Saimoe.I'm pretty stuck with my 115.132 IP now,and couldn't seem to change it...hopefully i can change my IP into any range that permits me to get a code before the tournament start.
__________________
Its ACGN that matters - A blog made by ACGN lovers,for ACGN lovers
margafred is offline  
Old 2009-06-17, 01:13   Link #70
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Would anyone mind reposting that nifty 'How to Vote in Saimoe' post?
Kudryavka is offline  
Old 2009-06-17, 01:29   Link #71
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Somewhere where Rena can take me Home!
Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
They revamped the whole official site,into something different from past official site style that i knew.It wasn't that bad anyway,and still looks nice to me.

Code generator - http://www.as2009.eek.jp/

After playing the code generator several times,i had this feeling that i might not be able to participate in this year's Saimoe.I'm pretty stuck with my 115.132 IP now,and couldn't seem to change it...hopefully i can change my IP into any range that permits me to get a code before the tournament start.
Thanks, margafred, I've added the link to the first post and will be adding to wikispaces, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Would anyone mind reposting that nifty 'How to Vote in Saimoe' post?
I'll try to find that and post it. ^_^
__________________

Nope. Not a thing.
Rika-chama is offline  
Old 2009-06-17, 01:34   Link #72
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
They revamped the whole official site,into something different from past official site style that i knew.It wasn't that bad anyway,and still looks nice to me.

Code generator - http://www.as2009.eek.jp/

After playing the code generator several times,i had this feeling that i might not be able to participate in this year's Saimoe.I'm pretty stuck with my 115.132 IP now,and couldn't seem to change it...hopefully i can change my IP into any range that permits me to get a code before the tournament start.
Ugh, me too. When I try to generate a code, I get some proxy message:
サーバーからの反応が返ってくる前にリロードすると(F5連打など)
コードを取り逃がすことがあるのでご注意ください。


ERROR:PROXY規制中!!!(80)。

Please tell me that means 'Saimoe hasn't started yet.' :'(
Kudryavka is offline  
Old 2009-06-17, 05:45   Link #73
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Somewhere where Rena can take me Home!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Ugh, me too. When I try to generate a code, I get some proxy message:
サーバーからの反応が返ってくる前にリロードすると(F5連打など)
コードを取り逃がすことがあるのでご注意ください。


ERROR:PROXY規制中!!!(80)。

Please tell me that means 'Saimoe hasn't started yet.' :'(
err.... I got a code....
あなたの投票用コードは

[[AT917-GPMC6YR6-GY]]

です。
始めの[[から終わりの]]までをまるごとコピーして
これを投票レスの1行目に書いてください。

We'll try to research ways to vote, etc....
__________________

Nope. Not a thing.
Rika-chama is offline  
Old 2009-06-17, 05:59   Link #74
Liddo-kun
Come on everyone
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nanairogaoka
Send a message via MSN to Liddo-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Yay, another fellow Shugo Chara supporter!
We need em, I'm afraid there won't be too many more.
And I'm glad to see you too!
The fanbase is pretty small, Shugo Chara needs all the help it can get.

I just hope that this proxy error which I'm getting at the code generator disappears when the tournament starts.

サーバーからの反応が返ってくる前にリロードすると(F5連打など)
コードを取り逃がすことがあるのでご注意ください。


ERROR:PROXY規制中!!!(30)。
Liddo-kun is offline  
Old 2009-06-17, 10:15   Link #75
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
Well, good to see I'm not getting the proxy error... yet. Probably would skip the nominations and the prelims like before though, so I won't be using it anytime soon anyways lol. XD


As for Strike Witches.... *groan*. Couldn't stand the plot nor the characters... heck, I don't even remember anything about it, as its one of the many dropped shows I have forgotten. >_<

But now I think about it, wonder how SW vs Nanoha series matchup would be like? Shame though no Nanohas this time around.
DragoonKain3 is offline  
Old 2009-06-17, 14:25   Link #76
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Somewhere where Rena can take me Home!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Well, good to see I'm not getting the proxy error... yet. Probably would skip the nominations and the prelims like before though, so I won't be using it anytime soon anyways lol. XD


As for Strike Witches.... *groan*. Couldn't stand the plot nor the characters... heck, I don't even remember anything about it, as its one of the many dropped shows I have forgotten. >_<

But now I think about it, wonder how SW vs Nanoha series matchup would be like? Shame though no Nanohas this time around.
Regardless of what you or me or anybody else here might think about Pantsu Witches, it was insanely popular over in Area 11, and there's really no getting around it. Now, sure all of the 501st won't do well, but I expect at least Sanya and Francesca to make it quite a few rounds in. Sanya might even be a top contender, but who knows.....
__________________

Nope. Not a thing.
Rika-chama is offline  
Old 2009-06-17, 18:53   Link #77
Dark Wing
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika-chama View Post
Regardless of what you or me or anybody else here might think about Pantsu Witches, it was insanely popular over in Area 11, and there's really no getting around it. Now, sure all of the 501st won't do well, but I expect at least Sanya and Francesca to make it quite a few rounds in. Sanya might even be a top contender, but who knows.....
Rika-chama has a good point loli-service is really big over there and proof is in the fact that it sells like crazy.

Anyway one thing I've always enjoyed about saimoe season is the consent flam wars that pop all over the net they are just so fun to read over.
__________________
Dark Wing is offline  
Old 2009-06-17, 20:58   Link #78
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
So, if we use another IP adress on the same comp and get busted, our whole comp gets banned?
I'm trying out different proxies, trying to hit the big one. But man, so many of them are slooow...

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2009-06-17 at 22:01.
Kudryavka is offline  
Old 2009-06-17, 23:02   Link #79
Dansen
U-u-u-aua
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika-chama View Post
err.... I got a code....
あなたの投票用コードは

[[AT917-GPMC6YR6-GY]]

です。
始めの[[から終わりの]]までをまるごとコピーして
これを投票レスの1行目に書いてください。

We'll try to research ways to vote, etc....
I got a code as well

あなたの投票用コードは

[[AT918-28AGoeYu-UY]]

です。
始めの[[から終わりの]]までをまるごとコピーして
これを投票レスの1行目に書いてください。

So the codes are useless right now? This is just us trying out if they work?

I hope I'll be able to post in the voting threads, as I learned last year that just getting the code won't be enough to vote...
__________________
Dansen is offline  
Old 2009-06-17, 23:24   Link #80
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: On bended knee asking Belldandy to marry me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika-chama View Post
Regardless of what you or me or anybody else here might think about Pantsu Witches, it was insanely popular over in Area 11, and there's really no getting around it.
I watched ep. 1 several months ago and was put off by the all too blatant "pantsu in your face." That and the moe anthropomorphism of fighter planes seemed a bit lame.

But, that image of Sanya inspired me and I just gave it another try... up to episode 4. Having gotten past the fan service and unusual "magic brooms," I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. In spite of the silliness of it, the emotional undertones are presented in a way that makes the more serious personal interactions between the girls surprisingly touching.

And I wouldn't mind seeing a "how to" on voting in this. Is there a bracket chart for 2009 (like the 2008 one)?
__________________
Mushi is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
saimoe, moe, characters, competition, anime

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.