AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-02, 01:54   Link #1201
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi Send a message via Skype™ to Seishi
Lazy blog copypasta. Last four tomorrow if I feel like it...

...maybe not.

Spoiler for Saimoe 2009 A-D:
Old 2009-08-02, 05:42   Link #1202
Ithekro
Warning

Well...all things being equal, the "God Slayer" will get a second Saimoe shot at Haruhi. Perhaps this time with a tiny piece of pent up Endless Rage directed towards the leader of the SOS-dan.

Assuming the voters aren't limiting themselves to just the Haruhi-chan versions. Even then, Yuki-chan out moes Haruhi-chan fairly easily.

Though there placement in the Preliminaries is a little disturbing if they are to go far. They are in the 5th place areas it seems. Not up to taking on the 1st-3rd place holders unless that was just E8 venting again.

---
Rena will take everyone home...no exceptions...that is her mission.
Old 2009-08-02, 06:50   Link #1203
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

There is a high chance that Mio might end up as one of the top 3 this year. K-ON is a little too overloaded with moe characters. In short, it practically has every female stereotype in the anime world, namely a

1. Hypocritical moekko - Mio
2. Loli-cum-tsundere - Azunyan
3. Tomboy - Ritsu
4. Airhead - Yui
5. Megane - Nodoka
6. Young sensei - Sawako
7. Siscon (maybe yandere) - Ui
8. Lesbian - Mugi

If Honoka from Sora Kake gets to compete with Azunyan, I shall not partake anymore in this year's Saimoe. When my waifus have a catfight (pun intended), it is good that I stay out of it.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-08-02, 07:56   Link #1204
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
I always wondered... how do other people do huge-ass posts with huge-ass art? Whenever I try, it says I using too many characters/lines. We are all getting them from here right?

禁則事項です
Old 2009-08-02, 08:59   Link #1205
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
My predictions
Spoiler for Saimoe predictions:
Old 2009-08-02, 09:37   Link #1206
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
I always wondered... how do other people do huge-ass posts with huge-ass art? Whenever I try, it says I using too many characters/lines. We are all getting them from here right?
We are, at least. I'm dimly aware of certain ways of getting larger posts through than what we can manage (involving a 2ch browser?), but that's beyond me.
Old 2009-08-02, 10:26   Link #1207
seemmeriast

Group D seems to be the weakest group, while Group F seems to be the strongest, with Kagami, Nagisa, Mikuru, Taiga, Ami, Index, and Asuza.

And my some predictions...

Spoiler for Group predictions:
Old 2009-08-02, 12:23   Link #1208
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

got some spare time once again, and i managed to work on compiling all the participating characters for this year's SaiMoe, sorted by series. ^^ again, sorry for the filesize, because it's like two charts combined in one

i wonder how it will look like in the end when all the eliminated characters are grayed out, and only a few remain...
Old 2009-08-02, 14:12   Link #1209
Eater of All
NOM

Now that the preliminaries are over, I guess it's finally time to deactivate my Lurker Mode™ and join the cause of Saimoe. Here's hoping I haven't gotten banned from voting yet and can post in 2ch~
Old 2009-08-02, 14:25   Link #1210
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi Send a message via Skype™ to Seishi
I wonder how many others will join in now. Even if I can't vote, I'll still be here supporting, maybe hoping for a code from a generous member...
Old 2009-08-02, 15:06   Link #1211
_juu
*_*~

Send a message via ICQ to _juu
yeah, a good time for joining in (and crying over Hiro ;_; *already in despair*)
As I don't seem to able to get vote codes this year, I couldn't bring myself to care for the prelims a lot... But actually my boyfriend can get a code for me now, so I will join the fun/despair!
Old 2009-08-02, 16:05   Link #1212
Team Rocket Elite

Round 1 Predictions:

Spoiler for Round 1:

Round 2 Predictions:
Spoiler for Round 2:

Round 3 Predictions:
Spoiler for Round 3:

Round 4 Predictions:
Spoiler for Round 4:

Elite Eight Ranking:
Spoiler for Elite Eight:

This bracket is pretty amusing. The strongest non-K-On/non-Saki characters get wiped by the strongest Saki/K-On characters which lets the less powerful but still very strong non-God tier K-On/Saki characters to make the Top 8.

With that said, I think I'm still over estimating Saki and K-On characters. I may also be under estimating Lucky Star and Clannad characters. Lucky Star/Clannad did take 5/8 top 8 slots last year.
Old 2009-08-02, 22:31   Link #1213
NissanNut
Mochi Addict

Send a message via AIM to NissanNut
Quote:
Originally Posted by frustra View Post

got some spare time once again, and i managed to work on compiling all the participating characters for this year's SaiMoe, sorted by series. ^^ again, sorry for the filesize, because it's like two charts combined in one

i wonder how it will look like in the end when all the eliminated characters are grayed out, and only a few remain...
Pretty cool... Funny how the first row is entirely -Saki-.
Old 2009-08-02, 23:04   Link #1214
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

If Utau doesn't make the A2 finals I will become the first AnimeSuki user this season to eat cardboard.
Old 2009-08-03, 00:09   Link #1215
Team Rocket Elite

Today's matches:
Isara Gunther vs Mei Isayama vs Hirono Nagi vs Eriko Futami vs Minami Chiaki
Ashakura Ryoko vs Ayame Ikaruga vs Nao Chikura vs Nanami Kiri
Kihara Maya vs Kousaka Tamaki vs Nagase Minato vs Fatina
Honoka Kawai vs Kagurazaka Asuna vs Misaki Hayakawa vs Sumeragi Kaguya

I'm voting for:
Minami Chiaki
Achakura Ryoko

Nagase Minato
Kagurazaka Asuna

The first of two 5-way matches is today. It involves 4 fairly weak characters and the near elite Minami Chiaki. The match is going to be Chiaki stomping her opponents all day long. In the second match, I'm only familar with with Asakura. Nanani didn't do particular well in the preliminaries so she is probably out. Achakura and Ayame did the best in preliminaires. She may only be the Haruhi-chan version, but I think Asakura will be able to win the match. The third match is between Tamaki and Minato. I actually like Kihara a lot, but she's a fairly minor character and won't get much support. Nagase's survival skills should be enough to get her through the match. Code Geass is a decently strong series in Saimoe. Negima characters aren't as strong as they used to be. I'm not too familar with Honoka, but she seems to have some power. It's a three way battle between Asuna, Honoka and Kaguya but I think the Goddess of Victory Sumeragi Kaguya will be able to win. It'll be a close match, though.
Old 2009-08-03, 00:20   Link #1216
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

SaiMoe Main Bracket, Day 1

My predictions and picks:
A1: Chiaki : Isara
A4: Ayame : Chikura Nao
A7: Minato
A10: Kaguya : Asuna

for the second year in a row, Minami-ke opens up the main draw, this time with Chiaki at helm, and she should expectedly dominate her match. too bad for Isara ;_; and Asuna too...
Old 2009-08-03, 03:31   Link #1217
christinemarie
Best Imouto

My picks (only my remaining picks from P1 and P2 combined will be used in this tournament) for Round 1-1
A01 Minami Chiaki [p1-01] (she will wipeout every opponent in this bracket without a problem)
A04 Achakura Ryoko [p1-07] (will the Endless Eight mayhem affect her or she end up getting Kyon killed)
A07 Nagase Minato [p1-10] (she will prevail, cause she's the best sister around like Yuukan Mikan)
A10 Kagurazaka Asuna [p2-06] (she is getting better in the Alba series, any cameo or short term characters won't hurt her)

the character that would top the votes in all groups for today is Minami Chiaki
Old 2009-08-03, 07:54   Link #1218
uis

Hmmm look today match... very interesting...

My picks:-
A1: Isara - Hmmm r*** ** ****e Isara...
A4: Ayame - Tsuntsun Deredere...
A7: Kihara Maya - Okay i like you... i really **** Minato...
A10: Misaki - Haya-chan is moe... Sorry Honoka...

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
Old 2009-08-03, 08:05   Link #1219
Darth Atma
Rookie Member

Towards the First Final Rounds.

My picks...
Group A01 | Minami Chiaki @ Minami-ke Okaeri
Group A04 | Ikaruga Ayame @ Asu no Yoichi!
Group A07 | Nagase Minato @ Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka
Group A10 | Kagurazaka Asuna @ Mahou Sensei Negima! ~Shiroki Tsubasa ALA ALBA~
Old 2009-08-03, 08:29   Link #1220
OverFunk
2014 is the year

Oh god, it's starting so soon.

A01 Chiaki Minami @ Minami-ke <<南千秋@みなみけ おかえり>>
A04 Ayame Ikaruga @ Asu No Yoichi! <<斑鳩あやめ@明日のよいち!>>
A07 Tamaki Kousaka @ To Heart 2 <<向坂環@ToHeart2 ad シリーズ>>
A10 Misaki Hayakawa @ Kemeko Deluxe! <<早川美咲@ケメコデラックス!>>

Never forget
Closed Thread