AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-06-15, 17:57   Link #221
Change of Pace
Shameless Zoro Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
No problem change of pace! I'm glad you enjoyed the interview.^^

I have other Oda interviews if you would like them?
YES PLEASE. ;o;
__________________
You are incompetent!
wispyhollow.livejournal.com

^Original manga series @ livejournal
(f-locked, comment to be added)
Change of Pace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 19:38   Link #222
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
By the way, I think it would be pretty cool to see the marines use some anti-DF weapons against Buggy and co. during their fight. We don't get many opportunities to see the kind of advanced weapons that the government's packing, so I think now would be a great time for the marines to show off some of their toys. Like maybe in addition to those seastone nets, they could use seastone bullets, and maybe swords with seastone embedded to the tip of the blade (kinda like with Smoker's jutte). And if they DON'T have any of that stuff on hand...... well, I just hope that there's a powerful vice-admiral on board.......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 19:54   Link #223
Red-Haired_Shanks
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
By the way, I think it would be pretty cool to see the marines use some anti-DF weapons against Buggy and co. during their fight. We don't get many opportunities to see the kind of advanced weapons that the government's packing, so I think now would be a great time for the marines to show off some of their toys. Like maybe in addition to those seastone nets, they could use seastone bullets, and maybe swords with seastone embedded to the tip of the blade (kinda like with Smoker's jutte). And if they DON'T have any of that stuff on hand...... well, I just hope that there's a powerful vice-admiral on board.......
Yeah i know..
After all these DF abilities we should have seen somebody like the regular marines use sea-bullets or something like that
Red-Haired_Shanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 21:35   Link #224
Crusader
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Texas
Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Phenomenal I agree with your assessment that Luffy should lose to Magellan. I would like luffy to actually truly fail. The manga has been really light. I mean i never really felt luffy struggled. Maybe it's his attitude towards everything, but i want luffy to suffer.
__________________
The times may change, but human nature never will.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 21:39   Link #225
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
^Luffy utterly failed against Aokiji and couldn't even look at Kizaru for fear of dying...added to that, he witnessed his beloved nakama vanish right before his eyes, and broke down completely, thinking them all killed. So, I am not sure why you think that Luffy has not failed before, because he has tasted true defeat more than once...

Does that mean he should automatically defeat Magellan? No, of course not. But, Luffy losing to Magellan should not be because Luffy hasn't "failed" before...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 21:52   Link #226
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: τη λαnδ of веагз αnδ дг
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
well, I just hope that there's a powerful vice-admiral on board.......
Unless they have two or three of those, it shouldn't affect the result. And maybe Jinbei will destroy all ships except one, limiting the fighters to a single ship.
__________________
Fipskuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 21:54   Link #227
syler321
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
when u think of it luffy didnt beat any strong charcters since moria,(dont count the fight vs px cos it was all of the straw hats)

and you can deftinyl see theres still huge diffrence power wise between luffy and the other shibukai or admirals or vs magellan for that matter,luffy need to come up with a 4th gear,that will be cool,a way for him to handle the strong guys like blackbeard sentomaour and even vs logia users...
the goverment also didnt changed moria postion as a shibukai,so doe that means he will return for a round 2 vs luffy?
syler321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 23:51   Link #228
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
i want luffy to suffer.
Are you a sadist by any chance?

How is nearly being killed by Croc twice, fried by Enel, beaten to a pulp by Lucci, absolutely owned (along with his entire crew) by Aokiji, losing his shadow on THriller Bark, nearly getting killed by Kizaru and Pacifista before having his crew dispersed throughout the grand line by Kuma not 'really' struggling?

wtf?

Are we actually reading the same manga?
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 00:33   Link #229
black_user
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Just Wondering!

Hey! Guys, Do u hav any idea what does kuma says to raleigh before the strawhat crew disappeared?..
black_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 01:09   Link #230
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Phenomenal I agree with your assessment that Luffy should lose to Magellan. I would like luffy to actually truly fail. The manga has been really light. I mean i never really felt luffy struggled. Maybe it's his attitude towards everything, but i want luffy to suffer.
i guess were are not reading the same manga luffy has suffer alot . Also luffy is not going change his attitude no matter how much he wins or lose. (Go and read another manga if want a emo star) OP manga has not really been light, maybe you think that way because no one dies.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 07:47   Link #231
syler321
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_user View Post
Hey! Guys, Do u hav any idea what does kuma says to raleigh before the strawhat crew disappeared?..
well no 1 can really say since you didnt heard what they talked about,but im pretty sure he told him something about Wb or Dragon since rayligh knows both of them...

it defintly looks like kuma is a double/triple agent?
the way that he talked to kizaru is so funny,seems like admiral or no kuma dosent care.
syler321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 08:25   Link #232
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
The kid that barely stood against Kizaru and Magellan is talking about stepping into Whitebeard vs Sengoku war.Suffering is an option since he can finally understand that he is actually a completely pathetic -F ranked pirate in front of bigger fish and going berserk will no longer solve anything.
Rawrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 09:11   Link #233
Red-Haired_Shanks
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
The kid that barely stood against Kizaru and Magellan is talking about stepping into Whitebeard vs Sengoku war.Suffering is an option since he can finally understand that he is actually a completely pathetic -F ranked pirate in front of bigger fish and going berserk will no longer solve anything.
Why does everybody keep saying that?
Luffy IS NOT GOING INTO THE WAR TO FIGHT...
HE'S GOING TO SAVE ACE!
Luffy doesn't know who the hell Whitebeard is...
He didnt even know who Dragon was and EVERYBODY... and i mean people in his own crew at least heard of his name...
So its not like he has a actual idea of what or who he's going up against...
Much less care... His brother is about to die...
Would you stand by and let you're sister/brother die?
If you would then I guess I can understand why you think he's stupid for doing the opposite..
ON TOP OF THAT... Luffy isn't scared of shit something that was acknowledged by Dark King Rayleigh, the Right-Hand of the Pirate King himself.
and ON TOP OF THAT... Luffy has allies... Dragon will be there, SHanks MIGHT be there... Jimbei is with him, from we seen Crocodile might try to war with Whitebeard...
I mean it is THE WHITEBEARD PIRATES VS. THE WORLD GOVERNMENT & SHICHIBUKAI...
From what we know... nobody besides Garp and Sengoku is even aware of what's happening inside of Impel Down
Red-Haired_Shanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 09:45   Link #234
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Why does everybody keep saying that?
Luffy IS NOT GOING INTO THE WAR TO FIGHT...
HE'S GOING TO SAVE ACE!
Luffy doesn't know who the hell Whitebeard is...
He didnt even know who Dragon was and EVERYBODY... and i mean people in his own crew at least heard of his name...
So its not like he has a actual idea of what or who he's going up against...
He is aware that it is a combat zone and there will be a lot of monsters in there including 3 admirals.Many people including amazons told him that it will be impossible.

Quote:
Much less care... His brother is about to die...
Would you stand by and let you're sister/brother die?
If you would then I guess I can understand why you think he's stupid for doing the opposite..
He is having an emıtional rush there and I dont have any objections for that.He knows that he will die there %90 while trying to and still not giving a thing.

Quote:
ON TOP OF THAT... Luffy isn't scared of shit something that was acknowledged by Dark King Rayleigh, the Right-Hand of the Pirate King himself.
yeah the same fearless guy of yours went totally shocked in front of Kizaru+Sentomaru+Kuma+Pacifista.He knew that he couldnt even do a thing so he just wait down there for his turn to get vanished crying.God knows what will happen if Jinbei gets crushed under an admirals feet in battle zone...

Quote:
and ON TOP OF THAT... Luffy has allies... Dragon will be there, SHanks MIGHT be there... Jimbei is with him, from we seen Crocodile might try to war with Whitebeard...
Yeah Jinbei,Crocodile and Luffy will be a serious threat against entire marine force and whitebeard pirates lol.Their strongest nakama Iva just got owned by goddamn Impel Down warden, someone that barely cares for whats happening up there.Judging that Crocodile will mind his own business there will be only Jinbei and Luffy against the most secured prisoner of the world.Shanks is dealing with Kaidou and Kaidou will immediatly attack Whitebeard from behind if he ever leaves him.Dragon is still a mystery.

Quote:
From what we know... nobody besides Garp and Sengoku is even aware of what's happening inside of Impel Down
Yeah many thanks to Shiryu for that....not Luffy

Im not saying that he just cant but I can see the story up there.We might have a bleach like Whitebeard Vs Marine fights for a few weeks and Luffy will sneak to Ace all over again? Not even mentioning that the character is becoming a rogue more than a pirate since he is sneaking everywhere with everyones help.You said that he doesnt even know who Whitebeard is.Everyone there will be an enemy for Luffy and he cant take it with what he is right now.
Rawrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 10:29   Link #235
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
What i don't get is why people feel luffy must not go war he going to save his brother not teach the WG a lesson like WB. Also why do people kept taking about how he going face a admiral or some super power full guy. The WG has there hands full with just with WB . Do you think they have time to worry about luffy. Which make even better for him. Also he is with jinbei which i sure must know WB .

To tell the truth we know WB has about 1600 guys not sure how strong they are . Same for the marines you know the 3 admirals are super strong but i don't see them getting any where near luffy or his group if they have to fight WB. Plus luffy going there everyone is not his enemy to give a eg boa is not going to fight him. He might have to fight some other strong guys like smoker or a VA but we don't know how strong they are .
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 11:09   Link #236
black_user
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
just thinking

the incident in shanbody is a big question mark!..there are many things that remains unclear like what happen to the other rookies? and to raleigh..
black_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 11:10   Link #237
black_user
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
the incident in shanbody is a big question mark!..there are many things that remains unclear like what happen to the other rookies? and to raleigh..
black_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 11:17   Link #238
black_user
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
what happened to the other rookies and raleigh
black_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 11:49   Link #239
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
The kid that barely stood against Kizaru and Magellan is talking about stepping into Whitebeard vs Sengoku war.Suffering is an option since he can finally understand that he is actually a completely pathetic -F ranked pirate in front of bigger fish and going berserk will no longer solve anything.
Why are you ranking Luffy so low (unless it is supposed to be F-ranked on a scale with all the alphabit (in which case anything below M-rank would be low class))? He has defeated 2 Shichibukai, and he is (technically) responsible for destroying Enies Lobby and now Impel Down. Even if Luffy cannot currently compete with the big dogs (Whitebeard, the Admirals, Sengoku, etc), realistically, that is only about 20-30 people currently ranked higher than Luffy (and once Luffy gets control of his haki, he will immedatly shoot up in the rankings).

Saying that Luffy is the Top of the mid-rank pirates (as opposed to the high-rank pirates) seems far closer to the truth, than saying he is F-rank.

---

That being said, since xris hasn't made a new chapter thread, here is the confirmed spoiler for the next chapter:

Spoiler for manga spoiler:
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 20:40   Link #240
Crusader
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Texas
Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Luffy utterly failed against Aokiji and couldn't even look at Kizaru for fear of dying...added to that, he witnessed his beloved nakama vanish right before his eyes, and broke down completely, thinking them all killed. So, I am not sure why you think that Luffy has not failed before, because he has tasted true defeat more than once...

Does that mean he should automatically defeat Magellan? No, of course not. But, Luffy losing to Magellan should not be because Luffy hasn't "failed" before...
I know he didn't beat those guys, then and there but im referring to his overall attitude towards all of it. I admit i have misssed some parts here and there, but he just seems to recover so easily. Buy defeat i mean a lasting defeat. Like his brother being killed, not simply losing a fight against some one he will come back and eventually defeat. Now of course he doesn't have to be so angsty about anything.
__________________
The times may change, but human nature never will.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.