AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-09-26, 22:09   Link #381
Ssol
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBear View Post
So if for example, somebody finds a loophole in the red text, we can't actually know for sure whether it is a genuine loophole, or a misinterpretation?
The anime is catching up to the VN so you're starting to get all these red text that are supposed to be the absolute truth but have tons of different interpretations.
__________________
[...]
Ssol is offline  
Old 2009-09-26, 23:08   Link #382
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Australia
Age: 19
Send a message via MSN to ChibiBear
Hmm... =.= Well, watching the anime to the end without trying to figure out the culprit is sounding pretty good right now
__________________
Meow meow nano desu~ Nipah~
ChibiBear is offline  
Old 2009-09-28, 11:53   Link #383
Uchiha Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
How many episodes of Umineko?

i dont want it to end .. loved it
Uchiha Soul is offline  
Old 2009-09-28, 12:07   Link #384
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Umineko is not finished yet...so we don't know how many Episodes there will be of the game. Seven to Eight are expected. Five are currently out with Six reprotedly comming out late in December.

For anime episodes, 26 is suspected for this season. There will be a break of about a year before the second season comes to allow for the rest of the arcs to be completed (the Games are suspected to be completed by December 2010). The anime at present should cover the first four Episodes (games).
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is offline  
Old 2009-09-28, 12:18   Link #385
maximilianjenus
[E]
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
the break is only a theory, once the current season of the anime (first 4 arcs) ends, another 2 game arcs will be out, so they can proceed with more anime chapters while doing something weird with the pacing. they will still be done with the first 6 arcs before the 7th is out, but 7 can be made as ovas.

the wird pacing thing plus mixing up ovas and tv series is what amkes people think they will take a year break.
maximilianjenus is offline  
Old 2009-09-28, 12:28   Link #386
Uchiha Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Umineko is not finished yet...so we don't know how many Episodes there will be of the game. Seven to Eight are expected. Five are currently out with Six reprotedly comming out late in December.

For anime episodes, 26 is suspected for this season. There will be a break of about a year before the second season comes to allow for the rest of the arcs to be completed (the Games are suspected to be completed by December 2010). The anime at present should cover the first four Episodes (games).
aha .. thank u .. so itz all an expectation nothing determinate yet
i know the anime not finished yet but i thought they maybe decided the number of episodes .. but if it expects to be 26 epis and maybe 2nd season
YAY im so happy

i wanna ask abt the game .. what kind of game Umineko is? i mean its a detective game like we must know who is gonna be killed next? and is there any version for the game on Video game console or just on Pc?
Uchiha Soul is offline  
Old 2009-09-28, 12:31   Link #387
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Age: 24
Eh, starting the second season immediately after the first would cause an unnecessary mess with pacing. I'm thinking they're just going to wait for all eight games to be released before starting the second season, or even possibly starting it slightly before Comiket 79.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Soul View Post

i wanna ask abt the game .. what kind of game Umineko is? i mean its a detective game like we must know who is gonna be killed next? and is there any version for the game on Video game console or just on Pc?
It's a murder mystery Visual Novel, meaning there's no real gameplay past clicking on your mouse to advance the story. It's only on PC.
__________________
Tamad is offline  
Old 2009-09-28, 12:32   Link #388
Volcanic
fire of fires
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vesuvius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Soul View Post
i wanna ask abt the game .. what kind of game Umineko is? i mean its a detective game like we must know who is gonna be killed next? and is there any version for the game on Video game console or just on Pc?
It's a visual novel, for PC. And no, it's not a detective game, as it's told (mostly) from Battler's prospective, sometimes with the other characters taking over. It's...it's when you combine Higurashi with the Westing Game.

Higurashi had a Playstation 2 port, so I won't be surprised if Umineko gets one in a couple years.
Volcanic is offline  
Old 2009-09-28, 15:54   Link #389
maximilianjenus
[E]
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
the Umineko VN is not interactive, os it's like reading a novel of the anime. whatever you do as a player can't affect what happens on screen.
maximilianjenus is offline  
Old 2009-09-28, 16:31   Link #390
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
I think they termed it a Sound Novel.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is offline  
Old 2009-09-28, 16:45   Link #391
maximilianjenus
[E]
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
that is because the visual are horrrible and the sound is great, it's pretty much the same thing, tho.
maximilianjenus is offline  
Old 2009-09-28, 23:15   Link #392
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Australia
Age: 19
Send a message via MSN to ChibiBear
I can't remember, just before the 6 sacrifices were found in the 1st arc, when Natsuhi talks to Kinzo, do we actually see his entire face at any point of the conversation?

Also, I'm not sure if this is relevant or not (probably not) but I was looking at the Kanji of the characters' names, and I noticed that the second word in 'Natsuhi' was '妃'. In ancient China, the wives of the king (concubines), are called 妃 (Correct me if I'm wrong), and at the start of the 1st arc, if I remember correctly, Eva calls Natsuhi a 'borrowed womb' (How rude...)

Coincidence?
__________________
Meow meow nano desu~ Nipah~
ChibiBear is offline  
Old 2009-09-28, 23:43   Link #393
Chrono Helix
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
The problem with the red truth is that if you want to find a loophole in it you can take advantage even of the smallest particulars. This means that even when Ryukishi tried his best to made a red truth as clear as possible, you can still find a way to doubt it. And even when such a way doesn't exist in the original, it might arise in the translated form, or in the shortened anime form. All these, unfortunately, leads to useless speculations.

In the story the red truth might be a tool for Beatrice to win a game, but outside the story the red truth is meant to help the reader/spectator into making the right theories, because this story is so confusing that without the red truths you couldn't be sure about anything. In this story doubting about the red truth is like doubting about your five senses. What would you trust then?

that sentence about Beatrice in the novel was worded in a more clear way:

Spoiler for Episode3 covered by anime episode13:
Yes, it's truly a lot simpler to just point out little things as seeming to be contradictions than actually come up with your own theory that explains everything.
__________________
Chrono Helix is offline  
Old 2009-09-29, 07:19   Link #394
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBear View Post
I can't remember, just before the 6 sacrifices were found in the 1st arc, when Natsuhi talks to Kinzo, do we actually see his entire face at any point of the conversation?

Also, I'm not sure if this is relevant or not (probably not) but I was looking at the Kanji of the characters' names, and I noticed that the second word in 'Natsuhi' was '妃'. In ancient China, the wives of the king (concubines), are called 妃 (Correct me if I'm wrong), and at the start of the 1st arc, if I remember correctly, Eva calls Natsuhi a 'borrowed womb' (How rude...)

Coincidence?
Entire face? Not in a single shot. But you see his full right side, left side, and lower portion in different shots.

There's something that has been at the center of a debate. In the anime you see Kinzo's face, also you see him turning to Natsuhi in the middle of the conversation.

The novel never directly stated that Kinzo turned his face to Natsuhi (both in the novel and the anime Kinzo is facing the opposite direction when Natsuhi talks to him) so it was debated that the anime made it wrong. But reading more carefully there is a mention of Kinzo "facing the opposite direction again", which implies Kinzo did face Natsuhi for a while even in the novel.


As for Natsuhi's name, it's probably not random, Ryukishi must have chose a name fitting for the character. The definition Eva used "borrowed womb" is indeed quite rude, but it's not something she came up with alone. It is a sad reality of the rules of the Ushiromiya's family. Since the consorts have no rights whatsoever the only role of the wife of the family head is to give birth to the heirs.
Eva's insults are particularly effective because they state the truth.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline  
Old 2009-09-29, 13:23   Link #395
Uchiha Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
why Kumasawa and Gouda are not allowed to wear family crest (one winged eagle) while the other servants (Shannon, Kanon, Genji) are allowed ?!
Uchiha Soul is offline  
Old 2009-09-29, 13:24   Link #396
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ImaginaryLand
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Soul View Post
why Kumasawa and Gouda are not allowed to wear family crest (one winged eagle) while the other servants (Shannon, Kanon, Genji) are allowed ?!
Kumasawa is a part time worker and Gohda wasn't even hired by Kinzo himself (he was hired by Natsuhi).
__________________

momobunny is offline  
Old 2009-09-29, 13:48   Link #397
Uchiha Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
Kumasawa is a part time worker and Gohda wasn't even hired by Kinzo himself (he was hired by Natsuhi).
aha now i understand .. but why Kinzo changed the name of the servants? what is his point?!
and also i wanna ask why he refusing to give his sons/daughters in lows the family crest .. i think there will be no effect since his older son Krauss is the only heir .. so there will be no threat to the heritage if he thinks they are after his money.
Uchiha Soul is offline  
Old 2009-09-29, 14:18   Link #398
Marion
The Great Dine
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
As for Natsuhi's name, it's probably not random, Ryukishi must have chose a name fitting for the character. The definition Eva used "borrowed womb" is indeed quite rude, but it's not something she came up with alone. It is a sad reality of the rules of the Ushiromiya's family. Since the consorts have no rights whatsoever the only role of the wife of the family head is to give birth to the heirs.
Eva's insults are particularly effective because they state the truth.
Eva's insults are effective because she knows what buttons to press on Natsuhi. Literally the entire time during the talk they go at each other bit by bit and then finally it gets to the boiling point, which causes the lash out. Eva doesn't insult Kyrie as much as does Natsuhi, even though Kyrie herself is technically a 'borrowed womb' as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Soul View Post
aha now i understand .. but why Kinzo changed the name of the servants? what is his point?!
and also i wanna ask why he refusing to give his sons/daughters in lows the family crest .. i think there will be no effect since his older son Krauss is the only heir .. so there will be no threat to the heritage if he thinks they are after his money.
Shannon and Kanon are the only servants using aliases. This is typical of all servants coming from the orphanage. As for the crest it's reserved for blood members of the family only. This is why you see someone like Jessica wearing the crest, even though her mother (who married into the family) doesn't. Genji, Shannon and Kanon wear it because they are special servants of Kinzo's.
__________________

Sig by nocco
Marion is offline  
Old 2009-09-29, 15:32   Link #399
maximilianjenus
[E]
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
There is a theory stating that all teh kids in the orphanage are of kinzo's blood and that genji is also his relative.
maximilianjenus is offline  
Old 2009-09-29, 17:10   Link #400
Arbane the Terrible
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Just to muddy the water further, both Beatrices and their minions also wear variations on the one-winged bird crest.
Arbane the Terrible is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.