AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-10-07, 21:53   Link #441
Marion
The Great Dine
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by desirebluesky View Post
now my question: are the portraits drawn by Ryukishi? or is someone drawing them for him? (or something in-between like Ryu making a sketch and someone else painting the actual portrait on that)
because, they look much better than the actual game spirtes (they even have ears and figers ), but at the same time the drawing style looks the same... makes me confused.
my bet is he just sketches them on paper while the sprites are made directly on a computer, but i want to make sure.
The portraits are drawn by someone else :P If Ryukishi could do the art in the portraits then he could do high quality CG, which is obviously not the case.

I can't remember who does the portraits though.
__________________

Sig by nocco
Marion is offline  
Old 2009-10-08, 01:55   Link #442
kenshin-dono
I'm on a boat!!!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: California
so 2 questions here. Probably best to just post it here instead of a new thread

first.. whats the translation of this title? ADB doesn't list alterintives.. doesn't umineko mean sea cat or something?

second.. i hear this show is censored to hell. Is there any station/subbers that have an uncut version, or is this mossaic thing i saw the nrom everywhere? if so im holding off for dvds because thats just pathetic.

oh ya, one more question. Is this related to Higurashi/when they cry at all? for some reason i heard it was linked to that somehow. Im d.loading when they cry right now but havent watched it yet
__________________
"Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome."-Isaac Asimov
my anime list: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kenshindono
kenshin-dono is offline  
Old 2009-10-08, 03:20   Link #443
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin-dono View Post
so 2 questions here. Probably best to just post it here instead of a new thread

first.. whats the translation of this title? ADB doesn't list alterintives.. doesn't umineko mean sea cat or something?

second.. i hear this show is censored to hell. Is there any station/subbers that have an uncut version, or is this mossaic thing i saw the nrom everywhere? if so im holding off for dvds because thats just pathetic.

oh ya, one more question. Is this related to Higurashi/when they cry at all? for some reason i heard it was linked to that somehow. Im d.loading when they cry right now but havent watched it yet
1. The translation of the title is "When the Seagulls Cry". Umineko translates to a specific kind of seagull known as a Black-tailed gull. It's known for it's obvious black tail and it's cat-like call, thus giving it the name Umi (Sea) neko (cat). There's also a group fansubbing Umineko called SEACATS. :P

2. It's not that badly censored (sloppy censoring at times as well), but I'm pretty sure there won't be any uncensored versions of the episodes roaming around until the DVDs come out.

Spoiler for Spoilers:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
The portraits are drawn by someone else :P If Ryukishi could do the art in the portraits then he could do high quality CG, which is obviously not the case.

I can't remember who does the portraits though.
Just imagine if Ryukishi got the portrait artist to draw the in-game sprites and CG scenes too. Extremely unnecessary, but it would have been wonderful eye-candy to go with the ear-candy.
__________________
Tamad is offline  
Old 2009-10-08, 05:47   Link #444
MikaMikado
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Alright, so victims to the ritual do not appear in the golden land, then what's the deal with Beatrice's granting wish? Doesn't she ressurect everyone that died? When Shannon was victim in the first twilight in EP.1, then the text under her dead body said: "It's okay everyone will be ressurected in the golden land".

So offers won't appear in the golden land but the text implies so and the epitath promises the return to life of all those who have fallen? Eh?
MikaMikado is offline  
Old 2009-10-08, 06:48   Link #445
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Apparently there's something wrong with the interpretation of the epitaph. The "golden land" and the "prizes" are not exactly how people figure them in their mind. They probably have a different metaphorical meaning, but the right interpretation is unknown for now.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline  
Old 2009-10-08, 20:11   Link #446
chrisbad726
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: in your closet
I know someone has probably already asked this but I'll ask anyway. How the heck did Eva Beatrice come into being exactly cause i am really confused?
chrisbad726 is offline  
Old 2009-10-08, 20:16   Link #447
June 1983
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Warwick, RI
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbad726 View Post
I know someone has probably already asked this but I'll ask anyway. How the heck did Eva Beatrice come into being exactly cause i am really confused?
I think Virgilia explained this pretty adequately in the episode itself, it's not that complicated a concept. Eva-Beatrice is like an aspect of Eva herself, something inside of her that represents her past. If you believe in the magic explanation, she was given power by Beatrice when she solved the riddle. If you believe in the mystery explanation, she doesn't actually exist. Either it's really Eva, or someone else.
June 1983 is offline  
Old 2009-10-08, 20:18   Link #448
Arbane the Terrible
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post
I think Virgilia explained this pretty adequately in the episode itself, it's not that complicated a concept. Eva-Beatrice is like an aspect of Eva herself, something inside of her that represents her past.
I'm surprised Virgilia didn't compare it to her own relationship with Kumasawa.
Arbane the Terrible is offline  
Old 2009-10-08, 20:18   Link #449
June 1983
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Warwick, RI
Age: 31
Well, we don't know what Virgilia's relationship with Kumasawa actually is. Maybe it's like that, but personally I don't think it is.
June 1983 is offline  
Old 2009-10-08, 22:11   Link #450
maximilianjenus
[E]
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
virgilia could simply just be a younger version of kumasawa, just like ev-beatrice is just a younger version of eva.

About the epitaph, you can simply accept the generla theory that it is just a ridle on killing letters-strokes once you find what the sweet fish river word is, then you find teh gold by solving that; it has nothing to do wiht murdering people and it's jusrt used as a coincidental excuse to throw people off while the murders are commited.
maximilianjenus is offline  
Old 2009-10-08, 22:16   Link #451
Arbane the Terrible
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
virgilia could simply just be a younger version of kumasawa, just like ev-beatrice is just a younger version of eva.

(SNIP)
it has nothing to do wiht murdering people and it's jusrt used as a coincidental excuse to throw people off while the murders are commited.
Eh, those work for me.

Am I right in thinking that a witch's power level is inversely proportionate to their apparent age? Virgilia looks oldest, and seems to be weaker than Beato, who claims Bernkastel is stronger than her, and so on.
Arbane the Terrible is offline  
Old 2009-10-08, 23:42   Link #452
kenshin-dono
I'm on a boat!!!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
1. The translation of the title is "When the Seagulls Cry". Umineko translates to a specific kind of seagull known as a Black-tailed gull. It's known for it's obvious black tail and it's cat-like call, thus giving it the name Umi (Sea) neko (cat). There's also a group fansubbing Umineko called SEACATS. :P

2. It's not that badly censored (sloppy censoring at times as well), but I'm pretty sure there won't be any uncensored versions of the episodes roaming around until the DVDs come out.

Spoiler for Spoilers:




Just imagine if Ryukishi got the portrait artist to draw the in-game sprites and CG scenes too. Extremely unnecessary, but it would have been wonderful eye-candy to go with the ear-candy.
tnx much.. i think i'll just hang out for DVD releases or something then since i cant stand censored junk. Since its probably not really related to Higurashi i was wondering if i could just watch it now, but i supose i'll check Higurashi out first while im waiting
__________________
"Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome."-Isaac Asimov
my anime list: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kenshindono
kenshin-dono is offline  
Old 2009-10-09, 11:38   Link #453
maximilianjenus
[E]
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
umineko "spoils" a very important character in higurashi and even the main culprit, but you have to put an effort to figure it out anyway.

abuot witches and ages, let's just give more time to the anime hopefully deen won't skip the power levels of the witches (most likely they will, but they still don't belong until after Ep3 at least is done even preferably, untli this whole season is over).
maximilianjenus is offline  
Old 2009-10-12, 11:20   Link #454
Uchiha Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
after witch Eva become Beatrica the Picture changed to her photo. Is this mean that all Beatrica pictures in the mansion changed? if so, do you think the whole family forgot the old picture? specially Kinzo, i mean he in love with Beato (the one who was lockedup in the forest) not other Bearicas
Uchiha Soul is offline  
Old 2009-10-12, 11:34   Link #455
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
I think everyone pretty much agrees that the portrait never actually changes in the real world. If it does we never had any kind of feedback from the "pawns" inside the gameboard.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline  
Old 2009-10-14, 01:39   Link #456
Hareoic
There will be burgers
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Omaha
Age: 25
In the VN, one of the descriptions of Beatrice is "She is an extremely powerful witch, but since she is particular about a certain kind of pattern, it seems that her means occasionally end up becoming her goals."

I can't really make sense of this. Could somebody explain what this refers to?
__________________
The Meta World reminds you that the Delicious Companion Burger will never threaten to stab you, and, in fact, cannot speak.
In the event that the Delicious Companion Burger does speak, The Meta World urges you to disregard it's advice.
Hareoic is offline  
Old 2009-10-14, 11:18   Link #457
Marion
The Great Dine
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hareoic View Post
In the VN, one of the descriptions of Beatrice is "She is an extremely powerful witch, but since she is particular about a certain kind of pattern, it seems that her means occasionally end up becoming her goals."

I can't really make sense of this. Could somebody explain what this refers to?
Bern basically says that Beatrice doesn't make the best moves. Like if she could take a free pawn, without even imposing danger on herself, she wouldn't take it just because she doesn't have to.
__________________

Sig by nocco
Marion is offline  
Old 2009-10-16, 18:46   Link #458
Jze0
Hmmm...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quick question, is episode 17 of the anime the last episode for episode/arc 3 of the visual novel? Reason I ask is because I've been watching the episodes/arcs in bundles and I wasn't too sure about this. Any help would be appreciated.
__________________
::MyAnimeList | Miko priestess::
Jze0 is offline  
Old 2009-10-16, 18:49   Link #459
Marion
The Great Dine
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jze0 View Post
Quick question, is episode 17 of the anime the last episode for episode/arc 3 of the visual novel? Reason I ask is because I've been watching the episodes/arcs in bundles and I wasn't too sure about this. Any help would be appreciated.
Episode 18 will be the ending of the arc.
__________________

Sig by nocco
Marion is offline  
Old 2009-10-16, 18:51   Link #460
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Australia
Age: 19
Send a message via MSN to ChibiBear
I'm pretty sure episode 18 is the end of EP3

Edit: I'm so slow
__________________
Meow meow nano desu~ Nipah~
ChibiBear is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.