AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-04, 12:17   Link #901
Ronove

OFF TOPIC QUESTION - (I did not know where to post this question)

Sorry if this is a bother to people, but does anyone know if it's possible to place the files of a VN into your iPod/iPhone? I know it's possible to place it in a USB and brought anywhere, but is it possible for an iPod Touch (7GB).

Thank you.
Old 2010-04-04, 22:56   Link #902
SweetHoney
~Nanchatte Renai
*Scanlator

I'm not sure if this has been answered or not.

But I'm VERY curious as to if Umineko will be uncensored (the gore scenes) when released onto DVD?
Old 2010-04-04, 23:02   Link #903
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHoney View Post
I'm not sure if this has been answered or not.

But I'm VERY curious as to if Umineko will be uncensored (the gore scenes) when released onto DVD?
Well the first episode with the censoring was released on one of the dvds a while ago. Although I haven't seen any raws of it myself.

Sig by nocco
Old 2010-04-05, 13:55   Link #904
matteas
Member Member

Yes, the DVDs are uncensored.
Old 2010-04-05, 23:06   Link #905
SweetHoney
~Nanchatte Renai
*Scanlator

Okay thanks
Old 2010-04-07, 07:00   Link #906
Dlanor A. Knox
Crazy but OK xP

Uncesored?! rlly~?
That's so cool!
Though, will they put it on the internet?
Old 2010-04-07, 16:11   Link #907
maximilianjenus
[E]

we end that kind of discusion now, please.

talkin about the BD's how good/what are the extras ?
Old 2010-04-07, 16:17   Link #908
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
we end that kind of discusion now, please.

talkin about the BD's how good/what are the extras ?
The extras are just reused animation from the series with different dialogue. Pretty lazy I have to say.

Sig by nocco
Old 2010-04-07, 16:25   Link #909
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
The extras are just reused animation from the series with different dialogue. Pretty lazy I have to say.
It's not lazy! It's the same as the extras in Berserk. They put it in there so the fans could get a good laugh. Besides the voice actors are just having fun!

EDIT: to answer your question though. Yes some of the extras are pretty funny. That doesn't make it worth it to buy the DVD since they didn't fix a lot of their mistakes with animating the stakes for example. But the extras are at least worth a watch.
Old 2010-04-09, 18:24   Link #910
maximilianjenus
[E]

thanks, I will import the japanese bds then.
Old 2010-04-10, 07:52   Link #911
Kyubinoyoko

Hey Guys.

I wanted to ask something cuz I don't understand wheather umineko is only a anime and a manga or a game to.
Ich wanted to ask wheather there is a Game for Umineko and if there is an english or german version of it.
Uhm and I've heard the Manga contains more story than the Anime, the Anime has an open end so i want to know more and it would be awesome if the manga tellls the story until the end of umineko :>.
so i wanted to ask where i can get the manga, or there only an japanese one?
And now my last question.
Will there be a season 2 of the anime, i need no release date i just wanna know ^^.
Old 2010-04-10, 08:04   Link #912
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

"Umineko no naku koro ni" is a visual novel, sort of like a computer game without gameplay... Well actually it's basically a novel with images, musics and sounds.

The DVD are only distributed in japan but there are a few sites where you can buy it. In this site you can find some links:

http://witch-hunt.com/stage.html

Note that the first episode is free for downloading so you can try it and see if you like it. However since it's in japanese you'd need to install a special patch (english) made by "Witch-Hunt" a fan translator group.
You can find the patches here:

http://witch-hunt.com/links.html

then if you have problems with installations and such you can ask in this thread:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=65140

About Umineko there are both anime and manga adaptions. The Manga is being fantranslated by various groups, you can find the most recent updates in the project here:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...37#post2864937

Mind however that the translation is still in progress.

About the anime you already know, but unfortunately there is no official announcement about a second seasons. All we know is that the sales of blue rays and dvds are quite disappointing so many believe that a second season will never be made.

Old 2010-04-17, 23:14   Link #913
Nontype
CONTRACTS

Only vaugely related question - does anyone know where i can find a High-Quality subbed Torrent of Umineko (The Anime)? If this kind of Question is "forbidden", i'll just back off, but I don't want to download each episode individually again, but this time in HQ.

The reason I'm asking is I'm trying to show Umineko at my Anime club, but i'm having no luck finding a HQ torrent. In order to show unliscenced stuff I have to encode it on a high-quality DVD with a menu built in and a promo pitch. I've been looking into the other stuff, managed to find a DVD encoder and I think my mac can burn DVD's, but i'm not sure.
Old 2010-05-10, 12:39   Link #914
Kyubinoyoko

I wanted to ask wheather the manga and the chiru game tells a different story or the same.
And if it's the same story i would like to know wheather the story of the chiru game or the manga is more up-to-date.
Old 2010-05-10, 12:49   Link #915
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyubinoyoko View Post
I wanted to ask wheather the manga and the chiru game tells a different story or the same.
And if it's the same story i would like to know wheather the story of the chiru game or the manga is more up-to-date.
The manga tells the same story as the VN. From what I've heard it's a lot closer to the VN than the anime is.

Chiru is a continuation of the first 4 Umineko episodes, consider it a second season if you will.

The most up-to-date version of the series is the VN game which is the original version, the second game of Chiru (Episode 6) is the most recent.
Old 2010-05-10, 19:40   Link #916
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
The manga is the same story as the VNs, but it isn't nearly up to date with the story as the anime or actual games are. As of now EP 1's manga adaptation is complete, while EP 2, 3 and 4 are in the works. For more info it's best to check the manga thread in this subforum.

Sig by nocco
Old 2010-05-10, 22:49   Link #917
maximilianjenus
[E]

Episode X of the manga tells a different history, it tells the history of what happens if battler arrives to the island one day later.
Old 2010-05-11, 01:51   Link #918
Kyubinoyoko

Hm okay.
I thought the Manga tells the story until Episode 4 and than there is chiru 5 and chiru 6.
If I understood right, that's wrong (sorry im German^^).
Is there an Episode 1,2,3 and 4 of the Game too?
And if there is one, could you tell me, where to get it ? o:
Old 2010-05-14, 22:38   Link #919
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Hm okay.
I thought the Manga tells the story until Episode 4 and than there is chiru 5 and chiru 6.
If I understood right, that's wrong (sorry im German^^).
Is there an Episode 1,2,3 and 4 of the Game too?
And if there is one, could you tell me, where to get it ? o:
The game is up to episode 6 (chiru is episode 5 and 6), the manga only goes up to 4 and that's partially as only ep1 is complete in manga format. the manga has got an extra episode named episodex, tho.
Old 2010-05-20, 10:15   Link #920
Mirka

Hello!

This concerns the previews of the anime, this one in particular: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra3E40IqsPA

Well, first of all, DOES RYU APPROVE?

Because, if he does...Then I most certainly can't look at Sakutarou the same way again. :/

And also, if that side of the shota lion is indeed true, did the novels ever hint that he felt that way? (I have read small parts of them, that where hardly important so I don't know anything XD)
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a