AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-10, 10:24   Link #781
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
These comments are purely about the story of anime episode 15, taking it on face value ...
Spoiler:
Old 2009-10-10, 10:41   Link #782
Marion
The Great Dine

'Senate members' are just witches from the universe, from what one can decipher. Bern is apparently in it as well, but it's unknown whether Beatrice or Virgilia are part of this senate as well.

Sig by nocco
Old 2009-10-11, 23:38   Link #783
sintaki

waaaaah im confused about this anime
Old 2009-10-11, 23:39   Link #784
Ithekro
Space Battleship

In what way?

Since you are suppose to be confused in some ways at this point.
Old 2009-10-11, 23:56   Link #785
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~

Send a message via MSN to ChibiBear
Correction: Umineko = Confusion
Old 2009-10-12, 00:03   Link #786
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBear View Post
Correction: Umineko = Confusion
I agree a little bit. But then I remember back to how confused Higurashi made me when I first watched it. Though Higurashi might've been a little less complicated than this...

But I figure once all the episodes are out I'll just re-watch the whole thing again and try to make sense of things I might've missed. It's easier when things are run together and not seperated by a week as you might forget details in that point of time.
Old 2009-10-12, 00:11   Link #787
Ithekro
Space Battleship

Of course for Unimeko...at this point at least...not even the VN players know what is really going on. They are confused as well...just in different ways and potentally by different things.
Old 2009-10-12, 00:57   Link #788
sintaki

oh ok so im supposed to be confused lol
Old 2009-10-12, 01:11   Link #789
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~

Send a message via MSN to ChibiBear
Yup ^^ But Umineko is more confusing that Higurashi, probably because of the closed room murders. By the halfway point of Higurashi I had a slight idea about what was going on, but I can't say the same for Umineko. I've been trying to find loopholes in the closed rooms, but have only found a few so far... getting there...
Old 2009-10-12, 02:19   Link #790
risingstar3110
Dead Master ★ BRS

The hardest thing i found in Umineko , is the concept of real world and meta world, and characters+ magic.....

Up to now, my understand of the situation is: the meta-world is a foggy layer over the real world, where everything happened would be explained (and appeared to be caused) by magic and Beatrice. But while the results are still the same; the actual cause is different (most likely by human).

Much like when you observe an protest in the real world, and see the police crashing down the protests. But then later at night, when you watch the whole event again through the television, it looks completely opposite (even when they are about the same events).
Old 2009-10-12, 17:13   Link #791
Leinne
Who... am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
The hardest thing i found in Umineko , is the concept of real world and meta world, and characters+ magic.....

Up to now, my understand of the situation is: the meta-world is a foggy layer over the real world, where everything happened would be explained (and appeared to be caused) by magic and Beatrice. But while the results are still the same; the actual cause is different (most likely by human).

Much like when you observe an protest in the real world, and see the police crashing down the protests. But then later at night, when you watch the whole event again through the television, it looks completely opposite (even when they are about the same events).
The meta-world is not what we see, it's more the kind of place where both Battler and Beato expose their theories of what has happened, lke the court room. Then Beatrice gives her own explanation about what happens in the gameboard and Battler has to prove to be human. It can't interfere directly with the actual gameboard, it's a higher strate of a world, where everything can happen but can't affect the board directly, but can alter what is seen from it
Old 2009-10-23, 11:00   Link #792
Luxa

So after the last episode Beatrice is pissed off and goes after Eva as Beatrice, while Battler, Eva as human and Jessica are still alive. (By the way, it is funny that Battler always survives, perhaps he dies early in the next arc. But I guess he won't. )
And what does Beatrice try to do? First choice is facing Evatrice head on, perhaps with the aid of Ronove (whom haven't manifested real powers yet apart from killing Genji and making really good tea) and the stakes. However I'd consider this a bit repetitive after Virgilia vs Beatrice fight, and I'm not sure on the piece level she has enough power for that.*
And she said that she had intentions to save Jessica, perhaps with the aid of Kanon. And then I had a bit of a crazy idea, but I really like it. So far, everyone in the opening had been identified save one: the falling girl at the end.
I see two possible candidates for her: one is the recently shown sister of Battler, Ange. She has some resemblance to the girl, but is way younger and is not at the island. Of course this could be solved by a later visit there by her to uncover the truth, like Rena's visit to the village in Higurashi. I'm pretty sure this will happen anyway as otherwise I would see no point in including her in the story. (Or there will be an arc when she is taken to the island, but I think that's less likely.) But then why include her in the opening of the third arc?
The other possible candidate is a perhaps bit far-fetched. Eye colours has been noted in the episode discussion thread, so I made a bit of a checking. The girl in the opening got blue eyes. Who else got blue eyes from candidates (still living/existing females)? Ange, Jessica, Evatrice and Beatrice. Ange is not present in this arc. Evatrice is looking different, and another shift of hers would be stupid. And the girl's clothes resemble Jessica's a bit. And Beatrice right now is going to aid her. So what if Beatrice transports (some of?) her powers to Jessica (triggering clothes change) and then Jessica kicks Evatrice's ass, perhaps resurrecting Kanon in the process. (And killing everyone during the battle, so there would be a next arc. ) She might be able to pull it off, as she has the power of love and Beatrice's remaining power..

*Related question: do you think that Evatrice exist on the meta level, so will she carry on to the next games?
Old 2009-10-23, 11:02   Link #793
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxa View Post
So after the last episode Beatrice is pissed off and goes after Eva as Beatrice, while Battler, Eva as human and Jessica are still alive. (By the way, it is funny that Battler always survives, perhaps he dies early in the next arc. But I guess he won't. )
And what does Beatrice try to do? First choice is facing Evatrice head on, perhaps with the aid of Ronove (whom haven't manifested real powers yet apart from killing Genji and making really good tea) and the stakes. However I'd consider this a bit repetitive after Virgilia vs Beatrice fight, and I'm not sure on the piece level she has enough power for that.*
And she said that she had intentions to save Jessica, perhaps with the aid of Kanon. And then I had a bit of a crazy idea, but I really like it. So far, everyone in the opening had been identified save one: the falling girl at the end.
I see two possible candidates for her: one is the recently shown sister of Battler, Ange. She has some resemblance to the girl, but is way younger and is not at the island. Of course this could be solved by a later visit there by her to uncover the truth, like Rena's visit to the village in Higurashi. I'm pretty sure this will happen anyway as otherwise I would see no point in including her in the story. (Or there will be an arc when she is taken to the island, but I think that's less likely.) But then why include her in the opening of the third arc?
The other possible candidate is a perhaps bit far-fetched. Eye colours has been noted in the episode discussion thread, so I made a bit of a checking. The girl in the opening got blue eyes. Who else got blue eyes from candidates (still living/existing females)? Ange, Jessica, Evatrice and Beatrice. Ange is not present in this arc. Evatrice is looking different, and another shift of hers would be stupid. And the girl's clothes resemble Jessica's a bit. And Beatrice right now is going to aid her. So what if Beatrice transports (some of?) her powers to Jessica (triggering clothes change) and then Jessica kicks Evatrice's ass, perhaps resurrecting Kanon in the process. (And killing everyone during the battle, so there would be a next arc. ) She might be able to pull it off, as she has the power of love and Beatrice's remaining power..

*Related question: do you think that Evatrice exist on the meta level, so will she carry on to the next games?
I don't think we're allowed to answer some of these questions in this thread lol. Most of them will be answered in this season eventually.
Old 2009-10-23, 12:14   Link #794
Antera Caramichael
French Maid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxa View Post
And what does Beatrice try to do? First choice is facing Evatrice head on, perhaps with the aid of Ronove (whom haven't manifested real powers yet apart from killing Genji and making really good tea)
Well, concerning Rononve^^:
Spoiler for Character Profile in VN:
Old 2009-10-23, 13:03   Link #795
AudriSampson
Ange Ushiromiya's Fangirl

Send a message via Yahoo to AudriSampson
I personally think between Beatrice and the Stakes and Ronove she could take Eva-Beatrice which I personally hope that happens since Im a huge fans of the Stakes (Asmodeous in Paticular) and Im getting tired of Eva-Beatrice's dissrespect towards them...

Ronove in paticular has been given alot of respect by Beatrice and the Stakes and is the 25th highest Demon in hell.. Thats got to account for something...
Old 2009-10-23, 15:13   Link #796
Luxa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I don't think we're allowed to answer some of these questions in this thread lol. Most of them will be answered in this season eventually.
Well, this is certainly non-specific. Of course, part of the fun is guessing, so I would not have liked an outright confirmation or denial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudriSampson View Post
I personally think between Beatrice and the Stakes and Ronove she could take Eva-Beatrice which I personally hope that happens since Im a huge fans of the Stakes (Asmodeous in Paticular) and Im getting tired of Eva-Beatrice's dissrespect towards them...

Ronove in paticular has been given alot of respect by Beatrice and the Stakes and is the 25th highest Demon in hell.. Thats got to account for something...
I'm not sure the stakes and Ronove can switch sides, but if so then Ronove must be of great help... But I think the pietas (whom I pretty much dislike) could make short work of the stakes, they only have to fire an arrow and they are gone...
Old 2009-10-23, 15:38   Link #797
Antera Caramichael
French Maid

siestas, not pietas =p
Old 2009-10-23, 16:15   Link #798
Chadauw

Well, there's also that fact that every stake has already been "used" by now in this arc.
Old 2009-10-23, 16:16   Link #799
Luxa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antera Caramichael View Post
siestas, not pietas =p
Ooops. Okay, siestas. Perhaps I misnamed them, because I can't see a connection between these stupid bunny girls and the word siesta... (The same goes for pieta btw.)
Old 2009-10-23, 16:27   Link #800
AudriSampson
Ange Ushiromiya's Fangirl

Send a message via Yahoo to AudriSampson
Yeah Im not a fan of the Siestas either...

I guess the big question is could the stakes return to there girl form after being inserted into the bodies of those that were killed...
Closed Thread