AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2009-06-11, 11:33   Link #1
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Annoying Installer

My friend has a problem with her laptop. Everytime she uses it, an installer asking for the installation CD for Microsoft Office Project Professional 2003 keeps popping up, but the thing is she didn't install that software but it came preinstall on her laptop. After doing a wiki search, i learn what MO Project does and what files it creates, i know my friend will be not interested in this software so i'm thinking of uninstalling MO Project using Revo Uninstaller.

Anything else i should know before doing the uninstallation?
Old 2009-06-12, 15:24   Link #2
sa547
*Author

The problem with forced uninstallation is that some Microsoft programs have been so integrated with each other tightly that there's a danger of some shared critical file being deleted, and that a program like Word or Excel could be using it.

Apparently whoever did the Office 2007 preinstallation had inadvertently added Project Professional.
Old 2009-06-13, 17:06   Link #3
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Send a message via Skype™ to chikorita157
Odd... I have installed a copy of Office provided by my former university before I transfered and it doesn't install Project with the installation... Usually, Project is a separate installation.

It should be safe to uninstall Project since it shouldn't affect any other Office 2007 programs.